PDA

View Full Version : Sam Kinison - Banned 1990 Stand-Up Comedy (Legend of Stand-Up)

SPY
11-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Stars: Ron Jeremy, Sam Kinison, Carl LaBove, Ozzy Osbourne
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxEr5lThokw

Skiz
11-08-2015, 03:59 AM
Banned by who?

SPY
11-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Haha for that you have to watch the show :lol:

Snee
11-10-2015, 08:51 PM
I'd ban the fuck out of all of 1990, too. It sucked pretty hard.

Not watching that video, though.

SPY
11-10-2015, 10:32 PM

If you were expecting to see Justin Bieber & Sarah Silverman type comedy I'm sorry to disappoint you. As a lot of great comedians in the early 90's I think Sam Kinison can fit pretty good.

mjmacky
11-11-2015, 04:02 AM

If you were expecting to see Justin Bieber & Sarah Silverman type comedy I'm sorry to disappoint you. As a lot of great comedians in the early 90's I think Sam Kinison can fit pretty good.
I don't think the people you're replying to are as young as you think they are.

mjmacky
11-11-2015, 04:03 AM
I said, they're not as young as you think they are!!!

Ahhhhhh!

SPY
11-11-2015, 09:09 AM

Ahhhhhh!

Stupidity don't have an age.

IdolEyes787
11-11-2015, 01:44 PM

Truth of the matter is that Kinison simply wasn't that good a comedian.

Shock value is fine if there is some reason behind it like with Bruce or Carlin or Pryor.Otherwise what you get is Dice Clay or Howard Stern.Lesser talents that merely cling to the coattails of something better hoping no one will notice that beyond the obscenity they personally have nothing to give.

mjmacky
11-11-2015, 01:52 PM

Ahhhhhh!

Stupidity don't have an age.
True, I didn't even consider your age.

MacGyverSG1
01-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately Kinison like many other "comedians" are a one trick pony. It would be interesting to see what he would be doing now if he hadn't died. Look at Bobcat, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler, Dane Cook, Jeff Foxworth, etc. They all do one bit and it gets old fast. Some of them aren't even funny in the first place. Probably why most comedians get into TV or movies. I think the story of Sam Kinison is more interesting than his comedy. Preachers are just entertainers like comedians, but they don't pay taxes.