PDA

View Full Version : Hardware motherboard problem

mikehere1234
11-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Hi I have a Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower Case and I have fitted a asus z97 AR motherboard, the problem is that the motherboard sits too low for the io plate to fit properly, yes standoffs fitted, but i just dont know why it sits too low, do you think I should double up on stand offs , I would say its about 3mm out I know it doesnt sound much but its stopping me using nearly all usb and hdmi ports.... please help

Ireality
11-11-2015, 10:59 PM
I don't quite understand. You say the MB sits to low but is it vertically or horizontally ?

I don't really know how to explain (sorry I'm french, my english isn't good enough to explain what I mean) ^^'

Snee
11-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Hi I have a Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower Case and I have fitted a asus z97 AR motherboard, the problem is that the motherboard sits too low for the io plate to fit properly, yes standoffs fitted, but i just dont know why it sits too low, do you think I should double up on stand offs , I would say its about 3mm out I know it doesnt sound much but its stopping me using nearly all usb and hdmi ports.... please help

You can always try adding spacers or even double up on standoffs, like you say. It isn't ideal, but I suppose it's better than returning the motherboard.

If I were you I'd double check so that you are using what came with the case. If you are, and they still are too low, another option might be to have a look on ebay or similar. It might be that you can find something taller there.

Lastly, if you are really handy with a dremel, I guess you could cut it.

mikehere1234
11-13-2015, 02:17 PM
cheers

f1fanatic55
11-13-2015, 10:33 PM

You can always try adding spacers or even double up on standoffs, like you say. It isn't ideal, but I suppose it's better than returning the motherboard.

If I were you I'd double check so that you are using what came with the case. If you are, and they still are too low, another option might be to have a look on ebay or similar. It might be that you can find something taller there.

Lastly, if you are really handy with a dremel, I guess you could cut it.

Yes go double check you used the new standoffs. I had reused some in a new case and they turned o not the same.