PDA

View Full Version : OY, all you Brits and Mainlanders

j2k4
12-10-2015, 01:33 AM
Have any of you seen Eddie Izzard's Force Majeure show?

Is it fucking fantastic?

shaina
12-10-2015, 03:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRj7r-xUHVA

JPaul
12-10-2015, 06:26 PM
I went to see Eddie Izzard in Glasgow a few years ago.

There was an interval during the show.

Mrs JP and I used this opportunity to leave and head home.

True Story.

j2k4
12-10-2015, 09:29 PM

True Story.

You'll have to tell me why when you're inclined. ;)

TheFoX
12-11-2015, 06:11 AM

You mean to tell me that he spends most of his time on his back? How does he type? Suspend his keyboard from the ceiling?

j2k4
12-11-2015, 09:03 PM

You mean to tell me that he spends most of his time on his back? How does he type? Suspend his keyboard from the ceiling?

How well do you know our JimF?

I'll need to know the precise parameters of your relationship with him to answer your questions; he's awfully variable when he chooses to be. ;)

JPaul
12-12-2015, 07:51 PM

True Story.

It's really quite straight forward. We weren't particularly enjoying it.

Mrs JP got the tickets for me really, so when I wasn't that into it she was happy enough to just head home.

j2k4
12-13-2015, 04:43 PM

Mrs JP got the tickets for me really, so when I wasn't that into it she was happy enough to just head home.

You do realize I just ordered the DVD, in Bluray, no less? :huh:

Mr. Mulder
12-16-2015, 03:43 PM
I'm a British mainlander and I don't find Edward lizard very funny, not because he's some sort of transbender puff or whatevs but something else :eyebrows: I can't think of many British comedians I like, I'm watching a British comedy series called Cardinal Burns that's megalolz. It's all on 4oD if you know what that is

JPaul
12-16-2015, 07:26 PM

You do realize I just ordered the DVD, in Bluray, no less? :huh:

Blueray being the nearest town with a DVD store no doubt.

I translated that into merkin btw a DVD store is just a shop that sells DVDs

JPaul
12-16-2015, 07:31 PM
I'm a British mainlander and I don't find Edward lizard very funny, not because he's some sort of transbender puff or whatevs but something else :eyebrows: I can't think of many British comedians I like, I'm watching a British comedy series called Cardinal Burns that's megalolz. It's all on 4oD if you know what that is

Currently I am quite enjoying the work of Kevin Bridges, however it's a fair bet you won't even be able to work out what he is saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uT6wmKgMys

Something Else
12-16-2015, 08:36 PM
I'm familiar with him, but he does seem a few miles North of understandable, which is a shame as his job involves talking.

I enjoy Eddie Izzard. He does a great tangent. My favourite, current stand up comedians are mostly American, which is odd as they suck at everything else.

Doug Stanhope's cynicism works well for me.

JPaul
12-18-2015, 07:17 PM
Did you just say merkins suck everything else or something else.

In other considerations, I probly don't have two much difficulty with Kevin Bridges accent as he lives not that far away from me.

In fact No1 son has drunk beer with him, having met in a pub in the west end of Glasgow.

Something Else
12-18-2015, 07:34 PM
I can understand him on the most part, and I do find him funny. I got used to seeing him on Mock The Week and Have I Got News For You, so I looked him up on the interwebs and watched a fair bit of his stuff.

I admit, I was being an arse about Northerners and Merkins. Apologies to the former.

JPaul
12-18-2015, 07:39 PM
I can understand him on the most part, and I do find him funny. I got used to seeing him on Mock The Week and Have I Got News For You, so I looked him up on the interwebs and watched a fair bit of his stuff.

I admit, I was being an arse about Northerners and Merkins. Apologies to the former.

No worries, the merkins can't understand what you said and the northerners don't give a fuck.

Something Else
12-18-2015, 07:45 PM
Nae bother big man.

JPaul
12-18-2015, 07:50 PM
See your patter, it's well minted by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8yQIg7ydbg

Something Else
12-19-2015, 03:57 AM
I lolled at the first line.

JPaul
12-19-2015, 09:24 PM
It was awl downhill from their.

Something Else
12-19-2015, 11:59 PM
I turned it off at that point and went downstairs. If stairs can be considered as a kind of hill, then yes. I did.

JPaul
12-20-2015, 02:48 PM
I think steps can be considered a type of hill, but knot stairs.

Why would you have a hill indoors.

Unless the stairs were there first and you just built the house around them.

Something Else
12-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Fair point. To be pedantic, which category do outdoor escalators fall in to. Presumably, the stairs built on a hill category, but with the addition of movement, standing still on a step doesn't seem very hilly.

JPaul
12-21-2015, 06:33 PM
If anyone ever invents such a thing I will give it jew consideration.

Until then it is a waist of thyme.