PDA

View Full Version : How About A Financial Advisor?

rowingcowardice
01-04-2016, 03:34 AM
Hi, Have a great year to all! To start the new year, our family has plans of increasing our mutual funds investments. But, our relatives & friends told me that It will be better to consult a financial advisor before investing into a stock market. This is to prevent risk of all sorts. Personally,I have second thoughts about it. Do I need the financial advice? I want to know more about safe investments. Do you have any related experiences about it? I would appreciate your ideas about this soon!

Barbarossa
01-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Hi, Have a great year to all! To start the new year, our family has plans of increasing our mutual funds investments. But, our relatives & friends told me that It will be better to consult a financial advisor before investing into a stock market. This is to prevent risk of all sorts. Personally,I have second thoughts about it. Do I need the financial advice? I want to know more about safe investments. Do you have any related experiences about it? I would appreciate your ideas about this soon!

No, of course you don't need a financial adviser, just ask a random internet message board full of morans. win-win.

megabyteme
01-04-2016, 05:03 PM
No, of course you don't need a financial adviser, just ask a random internet message board full of morans. win-win.

Some of us are fully capable of giving him sound advice- we're just surly. :snooty:

JPaul
01-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Invest in things that are going to make money.

Never invest in things that are going to lose money.

That's pretty much it.

Something Else
01-07-2016, 10:28 PM

Ironrickally, I do get my financial advice from a member of the board. Sound it is, too.

JPaul
01-08-2016, 08:52 PM

Ironrickally, I do get my financial advice from a member of the board. Sound it is, too.

Ewe get your advice from a member.

Barbie said get advice from a random internet message board.

It's important to read the actual words or do something else.

dion09529
01-09-2016, 11:23 AM

bettings, is the answer to your question. create an online account. NHL today's matches are:

New York Rangers-Washington Capitals x2

Philadelphia Flyers-New York Islanders 2

Columbus Blue Jackets-Carolina Hurricanes x2

Montreal Canadiens-Pittsburgh Penguins 1

Ottawa Senators-Boston Bruins 1x

San Jose Sharks-Toronto Maple Leafs x2

Dallas Stars-Minnesota Wild 1

Arizona Coyotes-Nashville Predators 1x

Vancouver Canucks-Tampa Bay Lightning x2

Los Angeles Kings-St. Louis Blues 1

JPaul
01-09-2016, 12:40 PM
Can the people from Montreal not even spell Canadia.

Weird.

dion09529
01-09-2016, 03:20 PM
JPaul=Master Yoda

Biggles
01-09-2016, 10:49 PM
It is all about risk. If you adopt a portfolio of lots of small new start businesses you could lose everything or do quite well. If you have a portfolio of large rather unexciting companies the chances are you will have a steady return that might do a little better than one of the better standard bank accounts.

A good financial advisor would have a range of portfolio options that matched your appetite for risk. So yes, speak to several and look at what they have, what their performance is like and what share of the profits they will take for investing on your behalf.

Or you could take random advice from people on this board - indicating a very healthy risk appetite.

mjmacky
01-10-2016, 09:57 AM
It is all about risk. If you adopt a portfolio of lots of small new start businesses you could lose everything or do quite well. If you have a portfolio of large rather unexciting companies the chances are you will have a steady return that might do a little better than one of the better standard bank accounts.

A good financial advisor would have a range of portfolio options that matched your appetite for risk. So yes, speak to several and look at what they have, what their performance is like and what share of the profits they will take for investing on your behalf.

Or you could take random advice from people on this board - indicating a very healthy risk appetite.

My own advice is to avoid reading the above post until you've had a meal.

JPaul
01-10-2016, 05:14 PM

Maybe she wants to take risky advice from the people hear and safer advice from a financial adviser.

You've fecked that plan up now.

Biggles
01-12-2016, 07:57 PM

Maybe she wants to take risky advice from the people hear and safer advice from a financial adviser.

You've fecked that plan up now.

I sew didn't think it threw. :pinch:

JPaul
01-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Ewe never doo.