PDA

View Full Version : The Shannara Chronicles

Stehle
01-08-2016, 07:24 PM
Call me a sap for that "Lord of The Rings" type fantasy stuff... but I enjoyed episodes 1 thru 4 so far. :)

What do you guys think?

(...MTV no less... go figure. One can see a Science Fiction post apocalyptic element to it in many scenes) :alien:

megabyteme
01-08-2016, 08:12 PM
That caught my eye just a couple of days ago. Remember reading some of the books decades ago. Good to hear you are enjoying. Keep me posted- I'll probably binge watch the first season, if you think it's worth doing. :)

I kept up with Into the Badlands. Not bad. Not bad... I think half of the season was just eaten away introducing each of the kingdoms/warlords and creating drama. I am interested to see where the show goes...

IdolEyes787
01-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Remember reading some of the books decades ago. ..

Me two.

Terry Brooks is such a lightweight writer but more than one bad novel has been made into a good movie/TV show so won't write it off.

They couldn't have made something by Feist or Donaldson though could they? :dry:

Stehle
01-09-2016, 06:14 PM
So far, so good. :)

(Definitely a binge watch... it even has "Crixus" (Manu Bennett) from Spartacus fame.) :)

(Speaking of other writers... I would like to see a screen adaption (Mini-Series, Big or Small) of John Scalzi's "Old Man War's" or "Carrion Comfort"
by Dan Simmons the former probably a mini-series because of the series length, but yes so many good ones... so little time.) :alien: ;)

Aracknid
03-18-2016, 06:23 PM
I really enjoyed this first season. Hope it gets picked up and keeps going. I enjoy watching it with my kid. We are suckers for anything sci-fi/fantasy.

mievmo
04-27-2016, 08:51 PM
a great show with amazing locations