PDA

View Full Version : Windows MKV problem.

Grumpybear2000
01-17-2016, 01:36 AM
All my movies are in AVI format, but today i download 48 tv shows and there MKV files. Problem is converting them to Avi the programs i have been using wont reconize them as movie files, i have been using Movavi and Freemake. They do play so i know they are ok, need to find a program to solve my problem guys. :angry::angry::angry:

shaina
01-17-2016, 05:25 AM
All my movies are in AVI format, but today i download 48 tv shows and there MKV files. Problem is converting them to Avi the programs i have been using wont reconize them as movie files, i have been using Movavi and Freemake. They do play so i know they are ok, need to find a program to solve my problem guys. :angry::angry::angry:

A few options....
-Load/Install VLC Player on your PC and everything will play fine:)
-Look for MP4 copies(SD-X264) and will play fine:D(usually not in 720 or 1080 format tho)
-Buy an external player that plays/streams MKV files (basically muxed blu-ray format/extension and every player on the planet does now)
-Put files on a key and plug into a smart tv or blu-ray player and that should work:D
As for converting MKV files?? Not the greatest idea:whistling

Good luck!!:D

Grumpybear2000
01-17-2016, 07:36 AM
I already know those ideas but i will be travelling for 5yrs in my bus, i just want everything the same so there is no hassles. Not about to go changing from one format to another why i want to convert to avi.

shaina
01-17-2016, 08:26 AM
I already know those ideas but i will be travelling for 5yrs in my bus, i just want everything the same so there is no hassles. Not about to go changing from one format to another why i want to convert to avi.

Well as far as i am concerned, they are trying to make MKV the new standard of file compression, and nothing is going to change that..

As for converting MKV files into something else?? I have seen lots of programs to convert or mux into MKV but none in converting opposite??
And if you know all the alternatives?? I would assume you are smart enough to know that......
AVI is a great and universal compression but getting old, MP4 has taken over in the TV section as well as MKV for HD on pretty much all the NZB sites i use, so saying that i just tried to help you out:idunno:
MKV is a tighter smaller compression file, and takes up less space on a drive to get better quality than AVI....(and it is a Mux file out of a Blu-ray)
But as i said MP4 will play just as easy as AVI, and if you are traveling on a Bus I am assuming you are using a Laptop, so VLC Player will be a great add program and then you use it for every file extension you can find:D(Make it your default!!)

If everything i said doesn't make sense to you, I apologize and say.....
Good Luck

Grumpybear2000
01-17-2016, 08:38 AM
Dont get upset i use a tv set and files are on a portable hard drive and tv does not reconise mkv files, and tv is not going to be replaced just to play files. Every file on the net is a mkv of californication season 4 5 6 7

shaina
01-17-2016, 08:49 AM
Dont get upset i use a tv set and files are on a portable hard drive and tv does not reconise mkv files, and tv is not going to be replaced just to play files. Every file on the net is a mkv of californication season 4 5 6 7

I am far from upset in any way Bear2000.... I am just trying to help you out the best i can:)
So it is a built in player on the bus you are using?? Got it now:)
I have seasons 1-5 in avi format that i got on usenet and is still available on my provider 6-7 i downloaded in MP4 format and it works in my wife's truck player, and i understand you want the same format, but who cares if it plays?? (meaning MP4?? and did you try a show or movie in that format??)
What way do you retrieve files ?? Torrents or Usenet??

The reason being.... I think now alot of TV shows you do find in AVI format is a courtesy or a request... and MP4 has taken over for Mac users and compression is better for smaller file and better quality:D

megabyteme
01-17-2016, 08:56 AM
Don't waste your time on this one, Shay. He contributes nothing to the site- only comes when he wants someone to do his homework for him, often asks similar questions repeatedly, then fucks off for several more months.

Possibly trolling (lamely), anyway. Not sure, TBH, but let him find his own answers. He's at best a mooch; at worst a waste of effort.

Grumpybear2000
01-17-2016, 08:58 AM
get fucked mega

shaina
01-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Don't waste your time on this one, Shay. He contributes nothing to the site- only comes when he wants someone to do his homework for him, often asks similar questions repeatedly, then fucks off for several more months.
Possibly trolling (lamely), anyway. Not sure, TBH, but let him find his own answers. He's at best a mooch; at worst a waste of effort.

You may be right;) , but helping if i can is my nature and i was bored anyways and i don't mind searching for things, keeps me busy i guess, sucker or not it is not hurting me at all :D

Grumpybear2000
01-17-2016, 09:01 AM
i only ask questions if i need help

shaina
01-17-2016, 09:01 AM
get fucked mega

Instead of attacking him and proving him right!!!!:angry:
Still waiting for more information on your end for help if you want it???

megabyteme
01-17-2016, 09:03 AM
get fucked mega

Nothing sums you up better than this, TBH...

http://i.imgur.com/leymwyW.png

i only ask questions if i need help

But you contribute NOTHING. Ever. And your questions are all usually just the same- "I downloaded something that isn't AVI." Well, don't do that for the 10th time... :dry:

Grumpybear2000
01-17-2016, 09:23 AM
i have download 15 mkv converters today and not one reconise the file, i have played the file and know its ok. i dont need comments like yours mega your problem is you dont like to help those who may not have knowledge you do (maybe not sure). If you were a bit like Shaina you would be a nicer person.

megabyteme
01-17-2016, 09:35 AM
It is possible that the file is not actually a real .mkv, which is merely a container of a .mpg file (which really should be easier to play on nearly any kind of file than an .avi.)

Try this:

Copy one of the files so that you can play with it without damaging the one you downloaded.

Rename the file extension to .mpg

See if it plays on your tv player, or gets recognized by reencoding software..

*Make sure you are actually changing the extension and not just adding .mpg to the end. Look up instructions on doing so, if you are unsure.
---------------------
If the above does not work, try renaming extension to .avi then attempt to play again.

Mpg files are often larger than avi files- for the length of the episodes, are these larger than you normally download? Size may give you a clue as to what kind of file you actually have. Some players simply play without 'concerning themselves' with proper encoding types if they have the correct codecs.

shaina
01-17-2016, 10:11 AM
i have download 15 mkv converters today and not one reconise the file, i have played the file and know its ok. i dont need comments like yours mega your problem is you dont like to help those who may not have knowledge you do (maybe not sure). If you were a bit like Shaina you would be a nicer person.

As i said Bear2000.... MKV is a true extension of Blu-rays(a container file), and if that was already made it is not the main source to try to convert into an AVI... That is why it is not working....
Again do me a favor and find an MP4 show (any one!!) and put that on your drive and see if it works on the TV in the bus:D
If that does great, now most of your downloads for TV show you are looking for will be much easier to find, and like i said it is just an extension!!
and it is kind of the new standard people are using...
Let me know if it works then i can point you to places to find the shows you are looking for ok??

Regards
Shay

It is possible that the file is not actually a real .mkv, which is merely a container of a .mpg file (which really should be easier to play on nearly any kind of file than an .avi.)
Try this:
Copy one of the files so that you can play with it without damaging the one you downloaded.
Rename the file extension to .mpg
See if it plays on your tv player, or gets recognized by reencoding software..
*Make sure you are actually changing the extension and not just adding .mpg to the end. Look up instructions on doing so, if you are unsure.
---------------------If the above does not work, try renaming extension to .avi then attempt to play again.
Mpg files are often larger than avi files- for the length of the episodes, are these larger than you normally download? Size may give you a clue as to what kind of file you actually have. Some players simply play without 'concerning themselves' with proper encoding types if they have the correct codecs.

That never works:cry:
When it is encoded into MKV format it is done usually from the original source..
I think i have seen people convert it into DVD format (ISO or VOB), but never avi....and to do it properly it takes forever!!!!
As for changing the extension... when you do that it may play for a few seconds and you get excited, then it starts to shudder!!!! and then you get a message this format is not recognized or it shuts off:cry:
The good encoders split the Video and sound files up and re encode to MKV... or the voice is usually off when you use some of those shitty programs to convert or it just changes the file extension and won't play at all....

That is why i keep suggesting MP4 files... they should play:D

If someone has ripped the series from a Blu-ray source(guaranteed!!), it is a real MKV file:D
And as far as i can tell it is not a new player (not even close!!!), or he could play MKV files right:D
What is also strange to me is he is plugging in the Hard Drive into the TV?? what program/software is encoding period???

Grumpybear2000
01-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Ok Shay and Mega thanks to you both for your help and advice, i just got a email message to try " iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe" and guess what it work so looks like with everyones help you have helped me solve my problem. Have a great year

shaina
01-17-2016, 10:34 AM
Ok Shay and Mega thanks to you both for your help and advice, i just got a email message to try " iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe" and guess what it work so looks like with everyones help you have helped me solve my problem. Have a great year

As i just said... Beware on alot of these so called quick and easy converters, most of them don't work properly!! they may be playback but the voice is off or it will start to studder...(been there done that), and they take hours to do it properly, if it takes a short time on the program suggested, do one episode and see if it works all the way through the show in your player..
Let us know if that one really does work?? If not test out MP4 format and go from there:D

Regards
Shay

mjmacky
01-17-2016, 10:38 AM
and tv is not going to be replaced just to play files

Who would even think the TV needs to be replaced? There are connections in the back of your TV that lets you connect devices to it. Get the right device and connector, and you won't have to worry about file formats. For example, an Android phone with the mxplayer app will play everything, and there are a variety of ways to hook a phone up to a TV. That's just one example out of hundreds of solutions.

A bus?

You're probably not hauling around a large screen. Get a tablet.

shaina
01-17-2016, 10:44 AM
and tv is not going to be replaced just to play files
Who would even think the TV needs to be replaced? There are connections in the back of your TV that lets you connect devices to it. Get the right device and connector, and you won't have to worry about file formats. For example, an Android phone with the mxplayer app will play everything, and there are a variety of ways to hook a phone up to a TV. That's just one example out of hundreds of solutions.
A bus?

Been there suggested that:) I am assuming it is actually a Motor Home or something like that and it is built in, shit if he is bringing a Play Station(xbox360 not friendly with MKV files either) or even a laptop, that could be used to plug in and use the TV as a monitor only!!!
But he is saying he plugs a portable hard drive into the TV only???

mjmacky
01-17-2016, 10:53 AM
A bus?

Been there suggested that:) I am assuming it is actually a Motor Home or something like that and it is built in, shit if he is bringing a Play Station(xbox360 not friendly with MKV files either) or even a laptop, that could be used to plug in and use the TV as a monitor only!!!
But he is saying he plugs a portable hard drive into the TV only???

I don't know, but I didn't spend much time on the reply. It seemed a lost cause the moment he revealed that replacing the TV was on the table of suggestions.

shaina
01-17-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't know, but I didn't spend much time on the reply. It seemed a lost cause the moment he revealed that replacing the TV was on the table of suggestions.

What the heck are you seeing??
Not replacing the TV!!!
Wants Calcification series in a different format (preference AVI), as his tv is not recognizing MKV files??
Where in any of his posts did you see replacement of any parts??:unsure:

megabyteme
01-17-2016, 11:55 AM
His requests are the same every time: 1.) I MUST do exactly this one thing- because I'm stupid/stubborn/cheap. 2.) I've tried everything possible. 3.) I refuse to take your suggestions. 4.) I found an answer on my own. 5.)*fucks off*

I usually suggest he just skip to #5 and save everyone the trouble. :idunno:

shaina
01-17-2016, 12:59 PM
His requests are the same every time: 1.) I MUST do exactly this one thing- because I'm stupid/stubborn/cheap. 2.) I've tried everything possible. 3.) I refuse to take your suggestions. 4.) I found an answer on my own. 5.)*fucks off*

You may be right :D , but it didn't hurt anyone :01:

IdolEyes787
01-17-2016, 01:42 PM

Sounds like the kind of woman that Mary finds himself attracted to.

megabyteme
01-17-2016, 02:27 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

mjmacky
01-17-2016, 07:35 PM

I'll have you know that my most recent ex was way too good for me, so I fucked off.

mjmacky
01-17-2016, 07:36 PM

What the heck are you seeing??
Not replacing the TV!!!
Wants Calcification series in a different format (preference AVI), as his tv is not recognizing MKV files??
Where in any of his posts did you see replacement of any parts??:unsure:
I quoted it directly in my first post for this thread.

shaina
01-17-2016, 07:37 PM
I'll have you know that my most recent ex was way too good for me, so I fucked off.

:noes: :noes: :slap: :slap: :noes: :noes:

I hope that is not part of the job description to post here, but it does seem like a pattern for a few:wacko:

PS. The most recent?? How many do you go through til one sticks?? And we all know it is always there fault right??
Even when they are too good or perfect:rolleyes:

Read post #5 take some meds and call me in the morning ok:D

IdolEyes787
01-17-2016, 07:54 PM
I'll have you know that my most recent ex was way too good for me..

Dave begs to differ.

shaina
01-17-2016, 08:05 PM
Dave begs to differ.

Wrong department!!! Page or Summon Meg:yup:
He is the expert in the Dave Section:D

mjmacky
01-18-2016, 09:33 AM
:noes: :noes: :slap: :slap: :noes: :noes:

I hope that is not part of the job description to post here, but it does seem like a pattern for a few:wacko:

PS. The most recent?? How many do you go through til one sticks?? And we all know it is always there fault right??
Even when they are too good or perfect:rolleyes:

Read post #5 take some meds and call me in the morning ok:D
Differentiation because I was way too good for the ex wife, so I fucked off. I'm also growing beautiful golden curls.

mjmacky
01-18-2016, 09:35 AM
I'll have you know that my most recent ex was way too good for me..

Dave begs to differ.
Dave fell into a trap of sexism and nobody has been able to lift him out of it. He chews on and sets fire to every line sent into his abyss.

whatcdfan
01-30-2016, 05:01 PM

:glag: Nailed it.

calvin
02-09-2016, 07:20 AM
There is a Solution For this..Download Movie Factory & Convert All AVI Videos into MVK

Gribley
02-09-2016, 09:12 AM

If you have composite or HDMI then I would suggest a RaspPi (and load KODI) for like £30 (you can plug USB into that and play almost anything). If not and you really must convert then 'Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate' which you may well find link on Andr.net. It isn`t the greatest if you want to archive and keep a video but is the most drag-drop that works one I`ve come across for quick conversion.

shaina
02-09-2016, 10:55 AM

If you have composite or HDMI then I would suggest a RaspPi (and load KODI) for like £30 (you can plug USB into that and play almost anything). If not and you really must convert then 'Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate' which you may well find link on Andr.net. It isn`t the greatest if you want to archive and keep a video but is the most drag-drop that works one I`ve come across for quick conversion.

Too late.... already solved :D

I think he travels the world in one of those vintage shag in wagons:idunno:, and he didn't want to change anything built in it....
Even suggested to download MP4 copies(pretty much the same as AVI but in most cases better compression file size)..
He is using some other program to convert....

anon
02-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Andr.net

Can't believe that place still exists! I was an avid "customer" back in the day. Same goes for warezfreaks.com and cracks.am, which have ceased to exist.

astalavista.box.sk and Crackspider.net seem to be still rolling too...

megabyteme
02-09-2016, 05:24 PM
astalavista.box.sk

I remember finding that not too long after getting my first 'modern' computer- PII 266mhz (I was without for almost a decade due to $$$). Thought I'd reached the realm of some 'serious hacker shit'. :D

Gribley
02-09-2016, 05:54 PM
http://forum-andr.net/

Mr Knightryder and msstdfmt still running well....

Kingofyesyall
04-01-2016, 05:17 AM
Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate would help