PDA

View Full Version : Out of the frying pan

mjmacky
01-28-2016, 10:59 PM
I never had any problems preparing a delicious dish, but I've always cowered from putting together something that requires significant prep work (on my own). If I had a slave handy, then I disregarded personal freedoms and went full supervisor.

Last month, I decided to change that. The manner in which I tackled this was to start ordering from Blue Apron. The quick summary of what they are is that they send you all the ingredients mostly portioned out for a recipe (stuff like garlic will always be in excess).

Anyways, it works. I'm honing the skills and the incidence of kitchen disaster has remarkably decreased.

I'm only posting about this because I've partially prepared my next meal, but I'm waiting for a manual food processor to arrive in the mail before I actually get to cooking it tonight. I'm disproportionately excited to give it a whirl because you chop shit up with it by pulling a handle like you're starting a lawn mower.

Music in the background, polishing off a bottle of wine, it's kind of become the highlight twice a week. Washing dishes has become the worst part of each week (I use a small bathroom sink).

This is not a review, but rather a boring attempt at inspiration. I have no idea who the fuck I'm trying to inspire though.

What timing. There's UPS.

mjmacky
01-29-2016, 01:12 AM
Result:

http://i.imgur.com/uVBI8xy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MxnAxoP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iBCIBBd.jpg

Yes, my special ingredient at the end is jizz, my own jizz, diluted with a little fresh squeezed lemon juice. I was fresh out of lemon party.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2016, 01:22 AM
They say that you eat first with your eyes so what I thought was a twitch was apparently my eyes trying to throw up.:)

IdolEyes787
01-29-2016, 01:25 AM
Besides it isn't really a meal until you break open the kale.

mjmacky
01-29-2016, 02:42 AM
Besides it isn't really a meal until you break open the kale.

I've had 3 meals with kale in the past 6 weeks.

Before that, a total of 0 meals with kale my entire life.

Kale is kind of like rape victims after the fact, not so bad once you chop them up.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2016, 01:00 PM
Well at least we now know what the mystery meat in your photos is.:sick:

IdolEyes787
01-29-2016, 01:02 PM
Also explains the milky fluid overtop it.:sick:

IdolEyes787
01-29-2016, 01:03 PM
That Helen, she sure tastes good has good taste.

Something Else
01-29-2016, 01:06 PM
Out of the frying pan, in to some kind of giant cookery picture thread. I was not expecting that to the max.

mjmacky
01-29-2016, 02:49 PM
Well at least we now know what the mystery meat in your photos is.:sick:
Pork. Helen was a slob.

The hash was composed of sweet potatoes, onions, apple, 6 little nuggets of brussel sprouts or whatever they're called in that form. This food processor thing kicks ass. I think I'm going to bring it out with me and start some fights.

mjmacky
01-29-2016, 02:58 PM
Out of the frying pan, in to some kind of giant cookery picture thread. I was not expecting that to the max.
No one expects the cooked in a pan, dish exposition

Something Else
01-29-2016, 04:56 PM
:lol:

I see what you did there.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2016, 08:06 PM
The hash was composed of sweet potatoes, onions, apple, 6 little nuggets of brussel sprouts or whatever they're called in that form.
Brussels sprouts.

They're only called brussel sprouts if they're intact and you're mobile phone isn't set up right.

megabyteme
01-29-2016, 09:17 PM
The little Brussel who could...

http://i.imgur.com/Moj02WT.jpg

megabyteme
01-29-2016, 09:21 PM
Kale is kind of like rape victims after the fact, not so bad once you chop them up.

I'm taking that one for a sigy. :happy:

IdolEyes787
01-29-2016, 09:28 PM
No joking but Meg said that your hash looked OK but could be improved if you topped it with ice cream and chocolate sauce.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2016, 09:29 PM
Is Brussel in Belgiums?

megabyteme
01-29-2016, 10:35 PM
Much like Van Damme's career, no one gives a shit. :snooty:

mjmacky
01-30-2016, 01:02 PM
The hash was composed of sweet potatoes, onions, apple, 6 little nuggets of brussel sprouts or whatever they're called in that form.
Brussels sprouts.

They're only called brussel sprouts if they're intact and you're mobile phone isn't set up right.
I taught it brussel, which will be permanent. I would prefer that my vegetables didn't have to cross an ocean.

IdolEyes787
01-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Literally the greatest Belgian thing ever committed to film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gghfoRKVPCo

I laughed out loud at the one at 1'15" if only because that's how I imagine Mary goes down stairs.

mjmacky
01-30-2016, 04:07 PM
Literally the greatest Belgian thing ever committed to film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gghfoRKVPCo

I laughed out loud at the one at 1'15" if only because that's how I imagine Mary goes down stairs.
I'm more like the Dachshund since I skip steps. I also place my bed on the floor so that the process of getting up is more fun. I spring out and then I'm good to go the rest of the day... to lounge.

IdolEyes787
01-30-2016, 05:35 PM
STHNSv3 sleeps in a Queen bed.That's not the size, that's a description.

mjmacky
01-31-2016, 06:27 PM
STHNSv3 sleeps in a Queen bed.That's not the size, that's a description.
I forgot about that one already. I guess hacking takes a lot out of someone.

IdolEyes787
01-31-2016, 08:06 PM
STHNSv3 is the human equivalent of poison ivy.He only gets touched by accident and if he does, somebody is going to live to regret it.

Anyway I heard he is laid up in hospital, having severely injured his wrist in a horrible masturbating accident.

He's also still phishing people on some Emule board under a slightly less bad-mouthed name.True story.

shaina
01-31-2016, 10:29 PM
STHNSv3 is the human equivalent of poison ivy.He only gets touched by accident and if he does, somebody is going to live to regret it.
Anyway I heard he is laid up in hospital, having severely injured his wrist in a horrible masturbating accident.
He's also still phishing people on some Emule board under a slightly less bad-mouthed name.True story.

How do you know?? Are you stalking him now??:unsure:
Plus i never thought you were that kind of a guy (i think male:unsure:), to 2 time FST and be looking at other forums:noes:

IdolEyes787
02-01-2016, 12:03 AM
How do you know??

It's called Google.I hear it might catch on.

shaina
02-01-2016, 01:40 AM
STHNSv3 is the human equivalent of poison ivy

Hmmm... Must be a new way to Google :D

mjmacky
02-01-2016, 08:23 AM
How do you know??

It's called Google.I hear it might catch on.

I've tried the Google a few times, but I think I'll stick with Metacrawler.

IdolEyes787
02-01-2016, 12:18 PM
If this were a forum, you would be it's Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

mjmacky
02-01-2016, 09:49 PM
If this were a forum, you would be it's Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

You can do better than flattery.

mjmacky
02-01-2016, 09:56 PM
No joking but Meg said that your hash looked OK but could be improved if you topped it with ice cream and chocolate sauce.

I did a food thread before, back in the slave days, and what's his name actually posted a monstrosity in reply.

In any case, I tackle two things with cooking: alleviating gut discomfort and supplying nutrients. I'm not particularly fond of eating, and it always comes last minute with me. If I have to do it, I'm going for the flourish. However, if it was possible to just tap a line to a permanent artery porthole, and the ongoing cost was manageable, I'd deboard this mouth consumption train.

I brought it back from the dead. Viva la deboard!

IdolEyes787
02-01-2016, 10:34 PM
If I have to do it, I'm going for the flourish.
That's the emptiness in your soul talking.:)

Sorry, for a minute the internet messed up and I thought I was referring to this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2950206/Buoy-s-big-boat-World-s-largest-yacht-set-stand-222metres-long-cost-800m-commissioned-one-rich-owner.html

megabyteme
02-02-2016, 01:15 AM

I did a food thread before, back in the slave days, and what's his name actually posted a monstrosity in reply.

:unsure:

mjmacky
02-02-2016, 02:30 AM

:unsure:
Not you. Darth something

mjmacky
02-02-2016, 02:37 AM
If I have to do it, I'm going for the flourish.
That's the emptiness in your soul talking.:)

Sorry, for a minute the internet messed up and I thought I was referring to this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2950206/Buoy-s-big-boat-World-s-largest-yacht-set-stand-222metres-long-cost-800m-commissioned-one-rich-owner.html
What would I do for the news in shit if I didn't have you pointing to articles about the irrelevant activities of people with excess capital?

Seriously, tell me what I'd do. I'd like my response in the form of an Internet article.