Are we looking for a ninth planet

We already had one ... Pluto.

Fuck you Neil Degrasse Tyson.

What a stupid name anyway, arsehole.

dion09529
02-14-2016, 08:30 PM
Pluto must meet three requirements to be a planet:

1) Orbiting around the Sun.
2) Have sufficient mass to assume hydrostatic equilibrium (a nearly round shape).
3) Have "cleared the neighborhood" around its orbit.

Pluto meets first and second requirements, losing out on the third

IdolEyes787
02-14-2016, 09:04 PM
Those criteria were somewhat arbitrarily arrived at by 0.000140031% of the World's population so I think it's safe to ignore them.

megabyteme
02-15-2016, 04:55 AM
2) Have sufficient mass to assume hydrostatic equilibrium (a nearly round shape).

I can totally see you using words like this in your daily life. This is definitely not copy & pasted. :noes:

Barbarossa
02-15-2016, 09:47 AM
I totally blame the Disney Corporation for turning the name Pluto into a laughing stock.

JPaul
02-15-2016, 07:42 PM
I totally blame the Disney Corporation for turning the name Pluto into a laughing stock.

Excellent point, thank goodness the Earth isn't called Goofy or we would have nowhere to live.

mjmacky
02-16-2016, 12:15 AM

Excellent point, thank goodness the Earth isn't called Goofy or we would have nowhere to live.

There was already an Asian country named after a couple of cats, but they escaped their fate by changing their international name. My point is that it's not such a frightening prospect. Jack Handy taught me these things.

I'm not afraid of insects taking over the world, and you know why? It would take about a million ants just to aim a gun at me, let alone fire it. And you know what I'm doing while they're aiming it at me? I just sort of slip off to the side, and then suddenly run up and kick the gun out of their hands.

JPaul
02-16-2016, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=JPaul;3780659]
There was already an Asian country named after a couple of cats, but they escaped their fate by changing their international name. My point is that it's not such a frightening prospect. Jack Handy taught me these things.

Fluffy and Claws.

dion09529
02-18-2016, 10:02 PM

I can totally see you using words like this in your daily life. This is definitely not copy & pasted. :noes:

actually, as a scientist, I use these terms every day. Here's another one:

Red anthocyanin, it keeps the sap flowing for longer as the temperatures plummets, so the trees can hold on to their leaves and extract every last drop of sugar. That's why if you go to New England's forests in october you'll find a wonderland of colour.

megabyteme
02-18-2016, 11:52 PM

actually, as a scientist, I use these terms every day. Here's another one:

Red anthocyanin, it keeps the sap flowing for longer as the temperatures plummets, so the trees can hold on to their leaves and extract every last drop of sugar. That's way if you go to New England's forests in october you'll find a wonderland of colour.

What kind of scientist are you?

http://i.imgur.com/ly2UKOn.jpg

IdolEyes787
02-19-2016, 12:21 AM

Christian Scientist.

Not to be confused with a bundle of hay that's been baptised which would be your Christian bale.

megabyteme
02-19-2016, 12:48 AM

Christian Scientist.

Not to be confused with a bundle of hay that's been baptised which would be your Christian bale.

Well played, sir. :happy:

dion09529
02-19-2016, 06:49 PM

I'm doing the intellectual and practical activity which encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Evidence (this morning images) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNPB210iFFA)

IdolEyes787
02-19-2016, 08:04 PM
If you look out of the corner of your eye, you can see Dracula in one of the castle pictures.

The post is pretty informative in a behavioral scientist sort of way though as previous to this I always pictured Dracula as residing some place more threatening and less homo.

Well at least this explains the sucking.

IdolEyes787
02-19-2016, 08:06 PM
Btw I subscribed to your YouTube channel because it was lonely.:(

IdolEyes787
02-19-2016, 08:08 PM
I'm going to regret that but then again probably not as much as most everything else.

IdolEyes787
02-19-2016, 08:09 PM
Could you post a funny cat video next, maybe with a baby riding it?

dion09529
02-19-2016, 10:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VirINFA.jpg

megabyteme
02-19-2016, 11:32 PM

I'm doing the intellectual and practical activity which encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Evidence (this morning images) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNPB210iFFA)

Oh, a copy and paste variety. One trying to make himself sound intellectual without actually having the training or intellect. Got it.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/science

dion09529
02-20-2016, 12:37 PM
They copied me!