PDA

View Full Version : Violence...........

JONNO_CELEBS
11-24-2003, 07:46 PM
After posting in the "Turn off" thread I had the idea for this, be greatful cos it's a serious topic.....from me :D :lol:

Just wondering what your views on fighting are, I don't mean war, I mean like pub brawls etc, 1 on 1 fights.

I think I've only ever been in 2 or maybe 3 fights, (real fights) in my life.

the first was at school, I said to my "Mate" .........Scot, you tie is untucked..........He was in a bad mood and just snapped at me, landed lefts and rights at my face, I was suprised to say the least, aparently he hit me 16 times, but the strange thing was none of them hurt, so I did'nt loose my temper, therefore I did'nt retaliate, acording to other people watching, I just stood there telling him to stop (earned me lots of respect, which was handy)

the second was me and a mate got really pissed and argued over where to eat a kebab, we beat the crap out of each other, claret everywhere before we burst into laughter :blink:

Other than those I've had scuffles.

People locally have this thing that I'm a hard nut and not to be messed with, I don't know why but I'm not, I'd sooner talk my way out of it ..........unfortuantly as you know I don't back down either so one day I'll probably get a kicking, the thought of that terifies me, not only for the pain involved but for me loosing my temper, I frighten myself IF and when I loose my temper, I kinda black out and can do serious damage to what gets in my way, I tend to hit walls or doors rather than people..........It takes a lot for me to loose it, but when I do, I DO!! :(

Wow, talk about ramble on :blink: :lol:

Jonno B)

fugley
11-24-2003, 07:49 PM
I always carry a pink rubber knife (just in case of such situations) and believe me I would use it!! :blink:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
11-24-2003, 08:14 PM
:D Me and my Brother have got in alot of Fights at Clubs and at Bars.About 2 Years ago we took on 11 Bouncers at one of the biggest Clubs in town.

Yes they took us down...but as long as you can wake up in the Morning and nobody had to go to the Hospital its all good and fun.

Have not been in one lately.But I think it is needed every now and then. :D

;) Actually I have calmed down alot lately but he is still getting in Fights with People over stupid shit and I keep telling him to slow down with a kid on the way in February.One day I think he is going to run into the wrong person and nothing going to stop a bullitt.Have seen it happen too many times at local Bars. :(

Alcohol and Guns do not go good together. :blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
11-24-2003, 08:24 PM
I think of myself as River Pheonix's character in "Stand by Me", I have broken up many fights, even to the point of (for some bizzare reason) putting my head in between and getting punched either side :blink: I'm probably more likly to get badly hurt thru getting in the way rather than being involved, the one and only time I backed down.....was 2 guys started in a pub.....I grabed one and locked his arm up and put my arm round his neck to bring him down.........his friend smashed a bottle and "Requested" I let him go...........I figured, I'm not getting bottled for someone I don't even know.......so I let go and they fought :(

I wish people would&#39;nt fight, it bugs me that a few drinks and everybody is Superman <_<
Even watch some twat glass another bloke..............with a plastic pint glass :rolleyes:

Pathetic <_<

Jonno B)

Lilmiss
11-24-2003, 08:27 PM
I hate violence. :angry:
I&#39;ve learned life can be lost in seconds, so to fight and brawl over insignificant things is pathetic.

Someone was stabbed in the head with a screwdriver, just round the corner from my house on Sat. Wonder if it was worth it. <_<

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
11-24-2003, 08:28 PM
;) Especially when you get Blood all over your Clothes.Blood one of the hardest things to get out of Jeans.

:angry: Buy a new Pair of Wrangler Jeans or Levis and they are ruined. :angry:

fugley
11-24-2003, 08:29 PM
Answer might be to move the legal drinking age upwards... perhaps 21 or 25?

Bet that comment will go down like a lead balloon - but also bet it would stop half the crap. Ask any copper on a Saturday night.

:ph34r:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
11-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by fugley@24 November 2003 - 15:29

Bet that comment will go down like a lead balloon - but also bet it would stop half the crap. Ask any copper on a Saturday night.

;) Ohhh yeah.Louisville had a few years there in the late 90s of alot of Killings.So the Cops tryed to figure out why.....they looked in all the Victims Blood and found Alcohol.

No more hanging outside of Liqour Stores around here anymore.....and the killings went down.

mrcall1969
11-24-2003, 08:35 PM
I&#39;ve been in a lot of fights, almost all when I was younger, now I&#39;ve learned to turn my back and not get angry....

That worked until my ex brother-in-law pushed my sister against a wall, I can only remember him on the floor covered in blood :(

Lilmiss
11-24-2003, 08:37 PM
thats fair enough to say fugs, but the age limit here is 18yr old, and it still common to see 13yr olds drinking.

plus theres the drug problem....no age limit there.

then theres the legalities involved in dealing with minors.
they get a slapped wrist and they back out there, doing what they do.

the worst round here are the jobless, skag heads with nothing better to do than create gangs and fight.

pathetic. <_<

JONNO_CELEBS
11-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by fugley@24 November 2003 - 20:29

Sorry to disagree Fugs but that wont make a blind bit of difference :(

Since when does a 16-17 y/o worry about what the law says? :(

@lilmiss.......Sorry, I did&#39;nt mean to bring the memory back :unsure:

Jonno B)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
11-24-2003, 08:42 PM
:D Think I am going to go throw on Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliot.What a Classic. :D

*FC talking about a Movie?&#33; :o *

FC B)

Lilmiss
11-24-2003, 08:44 PM
no worries, its always there anyway. ;)

mrcall1969
11-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by fugley@24 November 2003 - 21:29

That wont do one bit of good...people who get violent with alcohol will do it at any age, you&#39;re either a violent drunk or a happy drunk :(

JONNO_CELEBS
Originally posted by lilmiss@24 November 2003 - 20:44
no worries, its always there anyway. ;)
I knowhttp://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/hug.gif

Sowwee :unsure: http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/flowers.gif

Jonno B)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
:) Some People might think my Statements in this Thread incourage Violence.Let me try to explain.

Kids nowadays do not know how to have a good clean Fight.....a brawl.Instead they use their Guns and not their Fist.

If I was a Teacher and seen kids going at it I would take them to the Gym and let them have at it.And then shake hands afterwards. :)

;) Instead the Teachers expel them and send them home.Now they are on the Streets and what do you think they are going to do? :rolleyes:

Marius24
11-24-2003, 08:49 PM
i lose my temper its very infrequent but when it happens everyone knows about it :( i lost my temper over something stupid last christmas and it has ruined my life ever since...

as for bar brawls, i am much too young to go into a bar and drink or fight <_<

mrcall1969
11-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@24 November 2003 - 21:42
:D Think I am going to go throw on Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliot.What a Classic. :D

*FC talking about a Movie?&#33; :o *

FC B)
Indeed..especially the nurse *phew* ;)

Marius24
11-24-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@24 November 2003 - 19:48
If I was a Teacher and seen kids going at it I would take them to the Gym and let them have at it.And then shake hands afterwards. :)
i agree, i fight may hurt but it gets it &#39;off your chest&#39; and yeah a good fight wouldn&#39;t be good without a hand shake :)

~FunK_mOb~
11-24-2003, 08:51 PM
If there&#39;s a way to get out of a fight,I will.
Had my front teeth broken far too often.
My ex even knocked a piece of them once :P
Anyway,don&#39;t feel like fighting ever,but I can imagine that there will be a day that somebody someday pushes me so far that he will get all the supressed rage on him.But then again,it takes a lot before I lose my cool.And maybe then I&#39;d rather run than face the fight.

Maybe you&#39;ll consider this as being a coward but I don&#39;t look at it that way.

fhqwhgads
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@24 November 2003 - 20:14
:D Me and my Brother have got in alot of Fights at Clubs and at Bars.About 2 Years ago we took on 11 Bouncers at one of the biggest Clubs in town.

Yes they took us down...but as long as you can wake up in the Morning and nobody had to go to the Hospital its all good and fun.

Have not been in one lately.But I think it is needed every now and then. :D

;) Actually I have calmed down alot lately but he is still getting in Fights with People over stupid shit and I keep telling him to slow down with a kid on the way in February.One day I think he is going to run into the wrong person and nothing going to stop a bullitt.Have seen it happen too many times at local Bars. :(

Alcohol and Guns do not go good together. :blink:
Funky are you serioius?

fugley
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+24 November 2003 - 20:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 24 November 2003 - 20:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fugley@24 November 2003 - 20:29
Answer might be to move the legal drinking age upwards... perhaps 21 or 25?&nbsp;

Bet that comment will go down like a lead balloon - but also bet it would stop half the crap.&nbsp; Ask any copper on a Saturday night.

Sorry to disagree Fugs but that wont make a blind bit of difference :(

Since when does a 16-17 y/o worry about what the law says? :(

@lilmiss.......Sorry, I did&#39;nt mean to bring the memory back :unsure:

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
Hiya mate&#33; Hope you are well.

Can&#39;t believe I&#39;m saying this but maybe 21 or 25 with an ID card? ID cards do worry me a bit - but in this instance.......

I know older drinkers are perfectly capeable of causing trouble too. But Youngens with all that hormonal testosteronee type stuff are far more likely culprits. I know -Ive been there - and I&#39;ve seen it over and over while out and about.

By the way - sure younger persons will still get booze - but the answer to that one is to make sure the vendors pay the price (ie loss of liquor licence) and take responsibility.

:blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
11-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@24 November 2003 - 20:48
:) Some People might think my Statements in this Thread incourage Violence.Let me try to explain.

No dude, not at all from me, if it sounded that way I apologise, I started this to find out what others think and do on this subject, I&#39;m not gonna jump on someone cos they fight..........if you&#39;re in the same room as me and start it might be a different story but to each their own :)

Jonno B)

fugley
11-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ~FunK_mOb~@24 November 2003 - 20:51
If there&#39;s a way to get out of a fight,I will.
Had my front teeth broken far too often.
My ex even knocked a piece of them once :P
Anyway,don&#39;t feel like fighting ever,but I can imagine that there will be a day that somebody someday pushes me so far that he will get all the supressed rage on him.But then again,it takes a lot before I lose my cool.And maybe then I&#39;d rather run than face the fight.

Maybe you&#39;ll consider this as being a coward but I don&#39;t look at it that way.
YOur no coward - just smart&#33; :blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
11-24-2003, 09:14 PM
@Fugs.......I&#39;m good m8, it&#39;s good to see you back :)

@~FunK_mOb~.....It takes a bigger man to walk away than end up in somebody getting hurt.............we are all someones child...........think about that, if you are a pearent........think about it from your side if it was your child.......no matter how old.......pain brings pain...........those who hurt people will be hurt themselfs in the end.

And friend of mine was a bit of a lad, he done the gang thing, the Punk thing, the skinhead thing etc........flick knifes, snooker ball in sock...etc etc.......one day he picked on the wrong man........On a fairground he was kicked from 1 side to the other........black and blue does&#39;nt even begin to describe him after........Bottom line is......

Everybody will meet their maker if they are looking for him&#33;

Jonno B)

mikey muff
11-24-2003, 09:48 PM
I can&#39;t stand violence&#33; I used to get the shit kicked out of me all the time because i&#39;m 6 foot 7 and made a good target for a bunch of guys looking for a fight it got to the stage where it would happen once or twice a week so i learn&#39;t to fight now if someone wants to start a fight on me cos i&#39;m a challenge i don&#39;t think twice about breaking their arms as far as i&#39;m concerned if people want to start fights they deserve it

bigboab
11-24-2003, 10:39 PM
It never stops. See some of those buggers in the pension queue. :lol:

mikey muff
11-24-2003, 10:46 PM
yeah you could do some damage with a zimmerframe&#33; :lol:

Evil Gemini
11-24-2003, 11:52 PM
My rage is a curse and sometimes i cant controll it. Sometimes i find myself just walking really far trying to calm down.

I know that if i am very pissed of and i end up in a fight, i know that person will end up in hospital or die. I once had an argument with someone and at the time i had an axe in my hand and i almost hit him with it.

I felt bad about it after i calmed down.

I would like to see someone about my anger but i get freaked out because im afraid i will get put in a mental institution because they would probably think im a psycho or something.

Im not a violent person, i just get pissed of.

JONNO

we are all someones child...........think about that, if you are a pearent

Thats the first time i have heard (or in this case read) something that has made me think.

Im not easily spun out like that.