04-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Merkins making weapons from a lump of metal ... televised

Fucking genious.

DOCUMENTARY: Forged in Fire
On: History (270)
Date: Thursday 7th April 2016
Time: 22:00 to 23:00 (1 hour long)

An anytime alert is set for 15 minutes before the programme starts

Four bladesmiths compete to make the best weapon out of reclaimed metal, with the best two going forward to create a deadly Indian throwing weapon - the chakram.
(Stereo, Episode 3, New Episode, Widescreen, Series 1, 2015)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=17849

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

IdolEyes787
04-07-2016, 06:37 PM
Are you actually a dick or do you just play on exceedingly well?

Forged in Fire isn't a bad show as it celebrates craftsmanship and creativity.Where if fails is that it gets repetitive pretty quickly.

By comparison....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCpgFC_TRZY&nohtml5=False

Welcome to your glass house,Nazi.

JPaul
04-07-2016, 06:50 PM
I think Forged in Fire is a fantastic TV programme, I have never seen an episode of Love Island, nothing on Earth would entice me to do so.

I really like things like Forged in Fire, Fast n Loud etc as they show people who are good at what they do (on the assumption they are really doing it) making things. Not being an artisan myself I reallyenjoy seeing people build things from scratch or repairing broken things. New Yankee Workshop is one of the best things ever, Norm could make a fucking internal combustion engine out of a tree.

If there is any part of that you don't understand please don't ask me to explain it.

IdolEyes787
04-07-2016, 07:22 PM
There's a certain sense of superiority inherent in phrases like "Merkins making weapons from a lump of metal ... televised".

Excise the "Merkins" and "televised" parts and not so much so forgive any resulting confusion.

megabyteme
04-07-2016, 10:54 PM
Merkins making weapons from a lump of metal ... televised

Fucking genious.

[...] to create a deadly Indian throwing weapon - the chakram.

Briefly had my hope up expecting an item that throws Indians. Was somewhat let down on rereading. :(

IdolEyes787
04-07-2016, 11:15 PM
The fellow that lost made a big mistake in that he loaded his with Hopi, those peace loving bastards. The winner wisely used Apache and it was literally a massacre.

IdolEyes787
04-07-2016, 11:18 PM
http://decider.com/2015/07/27/5-reasons-to-watch-forged-in-fire/

Although to be fair you should never value the opinion of anyone who uses OMG in a sentence.

megabyteme
04-08-2016, 02:17 AM
The fellow that lost made a big mistake in that he loaded his with Hopi, those peace loving bastards. The winner wisely used Apache and it was literally a massacre.

Did you even consider the 'dot' kind? Naan, you didn't. :no:

Racist. They are good enough to throw- some would say they are even more aerodynamic.

JPaul
04-08-2016, 11:39 AM
The bloke on last nights episode (in the UK) made an arse of it by putting the handle through the middle. Adding unnecessary weight, he clearly thought that making it look better was or important than he actual weapon element.

To be fair I thought he was a bit cocky anyway and the other chap with the simpler design, and better weapon, deserved the $10,000.

Something Else
04-08-2016, 12:31 PM
That's like £1.52 :O

IdolEyes787
04-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Did you even consider the 'dot' kind?

Do I ever?

The bloke on last nights episode (in the UK) made an arse of it by putting the handle through the middle. Adding unnecessary weight, he clearly thought that making it look better was or important than he actual weapon element.

To be fair I thought he was a bit cocky anyway and the other chap with the simpler design, and better weapon, deserved the $10,000.

That was a weird choice to put a handle on since both historically and aerodynamically it didn't make sense.In two seasons, aesthetics have never proven to be a deciding factor so why bother?

Also some episodes are saddled with shite weapons.Spiked shield.Really?

In Season 2, nice to see a couple of female contestants even if one's signature blade was a kitchen knife.
Pretty hard to break from the stereotypical mold when your mold is a bundt pan.:mellow:

Something Else
04-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Hey. It's nice to see you not being angry, Idol. :smilie4:

JPaul
04-08-2016, 12:53 PM
That's like £1.52 :O

Indeed, but only if you include the VAT.

IdolEyes787
04-08-2016, 01:04 PM
Hey. It's nice to see you not being angry, Idol. :smilie4:

I'm seldom truly angry. That's just a genius mask to hide my sexual frustration.:smilie4: