PDA

View Full Version : Web based chat app do you use any?

Robson
04-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Hello guys,

As the title says, I am looking for a chat app for my recently build website. Do you have any experience using web based chat app/chat room. If yes, which one you'll recommended. I have heard about ChatWing is best so far. How much accurate I am? Please let me know if you really know about it.

Thank you so much!

whatcdfan
04-20-2016, 07:36 PM
www.smartchatbox.com/

Linking
04-22-2016, 03:41 PM
I use ChatWing chat room for my website. I am using ChatWing service over 1 year. And all of my users are quiet happy using ChatWing service. Thanks ChatWing!

Linking
04-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Well I started researching on my own then. I made a lot of research in finding a chatroom for my website. I used envolve for a while till they closed up, pitty. I tried IRC but I truly did not like the look and feel and the "mess" of text in there.

I had several points which are important to me.

1 - First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both mobile and pc.

2 - I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find (my site is dark).

3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.

4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos and upload files.

I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, Chatwing and Newchater. I choose Chatwing finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.

Robson
05-24-2016, 10:23 AM
hey guys i will give a quick update about my experience using Chatwing so far.

1. most important, my users are very satisifed with it.

2. it has been working really smooth and feels great to have a cloud chat and not rely on servers and hosting anymore.

3. the Chatwing android and iOS app have been a greta way for myself and moderators to keep control of the chat and get alerts when their is new activity.

4. my users also use the chatwing apps so they can stay connected to my website chats

5. the chat has helped increase the number of visitors and also the amount of time they spend on my website.

6. as far as pricing chatwing is by far the best value on the web, i pay $11.20 per month for unlimited usage in my chat, on other chat services they limit usage for say 250 users will cost you $50 per month. Chatwing also has a free version that let's you have unlimited usage too which is really nice just lacks a couple features i wanted like uploading my logo and hiding the chatwing name.

conclusion, give Chatwing a try if your looking for a chat room to put on your website it's perfect.

rowingcowardice
06-17-2016, 06:46 AM
I only know Skype and iChat for a web chat. I'm using Skype most of the time. I'm not familiar yet with Chatwing.

Solvia
06-20-2016, 02:03 AM
Chatwing is the best.

Martinsmith
09-27-2017, 02:13 PM
ChatWing is the best web based chat app...

CashStock
09-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Well I was also looking for a web chat app and hence come to this post.. Thanks for helping me out

Piya2893
11-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Yes,as suggested in few replies chatting is the best app as observed in my case.

raol
11-14-2017, 06:58 AM
Hello guys,

As the title says, I am looking for a chat app for my recently build website. Do you have any experience using web based chat app/chat room. If yes, which one you'll recommended. I have heard about ChatWing is best so far. How much accurate I am? Please let me know if you really know about it.

Thank you so much!

ChatWing is designed to work within your existing website and optionally sync to a custom iOS + Android App. There is no need to adopt a new communication system and it doesn't force extra features on you. Remain in complete control of your community while ChatWing powers the communication for you.
for further updates get back to us at [email protected]

JanetWaston
12-09-2017, 12:04 PM
There are a number of best web-based chat such as Chatwing, IMO, Weber, WeChat and more but out of many, Chatwing is one of the best app for group discussion and I too use this.

dlassociates
03-22-2018, 05:40 PM
I agree - ChatWing will be your best bet for a web-based messaging platform!

rotansharma
09-19-2018, 07:25 AM
Meebo was a personal favorite, but it's no longer available since it was absorbed by Google. However, there remain many web messengers that can address your needs, whether you chat from home, school, work or on a public computer, where a download may not be possible

joneson
10-28-2018, 09:37 AM
Chatwing Android and iOS apps have always been a way for myself and moderators to control chats and receive alerts when new events are active.

MacGyverSG1
10-29-2018, 02:18 AM
ICQ still around? I used it way back when I used to download files using mIRC.

anon
10-29-2018, 09:30 PM
ICQ still around? I used it way back when I used to download files using mIRC.

After MSN, AIM and Yahoo Messenger shut down, it's the only one of the "classic" instant messengers that still exists. Owned by a Russian company now.