PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Info and Invite for MP4 Television Site

megabyteme
04-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Hi,

Trying to find out which site(s) are best resources for properly encoded MP4 television (movies would be a plus) shows. If you have info to steer me in the right direction and/or an invite, I would appreciate the heck out of it.

I'm not looking to trade or accept invites from those who do- I don't want the account to suddenly disappear. I will gladly accept info from any of you scoundrel-types, though. :)

Thanks!

shaina
04-24-2016, 08:33 PM
Hi,
Trying to find out which site(s) are best resources for properly encoded MP4 television (movies would be a plus) shows. If you have info to steer me in the right direction and/or an invite, I would appreciate the heck out of it.
I'm not looking to trade or accept invites from those who do- I don't want the account to suddenly disappear. I will gladly accept info from any of you scoundrel-types, though. :)
Thanks!

I don't get the question/request??:unsure:

Most of the torrent sites have them available :idunno: (Kickass, Extra Torrent or the private one you invited me too??)..
And if you are not in a rush??, use the free Usenet, one from this site (not a fast connection but it works:D)...
But i have now noticed that the bigger uploaders of MP4's have now changed to MKV's as the standard, and then the odd AVI's pop up..
I do have some invites to NZB sites if you want just PM me Meg?? That is if you want to change to the Dark side :lol:

Regards
Shay

IdolEyes787
04-24-2016, 08:43 PM

That shocks me almost as much as when someone told me that Liberace was ghey.

megabyteme
04-24-2016, 08:49 PM
I've found mixed episodes on various trackers, but none seem to have a consistent complete sets. I suspect that there are sites with a following. I am trying to help a friend watch Season 3 of the 100 on her iPad Mini. Apple doesn't natively run most codecs, but MP4 is supported. I'd also like to be able to give her other shows as she wants to watch them during her breaks.

She has almost no technical skill or i would have her install some of the players that seem to work well with the exception of AC3 (currently).

tl;dr Fucking Apple.

shaina
04-24-2016, 08:55 PM

That shocks me almost as much as when someone told me that Liberace was ghey.

It was kind of an inside joke to Meg to be honest:D

It seemed kind of strange that he requested something that he has more knowledge than most of the people here??:idunno:
But my nature is to always try to help out a friend, hens my answer/reply/help

But your response is always expected with no help or anything to do with the request??;), and always valuable to this site :D

Your Pal
Shay:D

I've found mixed episodes on various trackers, but none seem to have a consistent complete sets. I suspect that there are sites with a following. I am trying to help a friend watch Season 3 of the 100 on her iPad Mini. Apple doesn't natively run most codecs, but MP4 is supported. I'd also like to be able to give her other shows as she wants to watch them during her breaks.
She has almost no technical skill or i would have her install some of the players that seem to work well with the exception of AC3 (currently).
tl;dr Fucking Apple.

MP4 is the most friendly for all Mac products:yup:, but i did install the VLC Player on my Iphone just in case, you could suggest that if all else fails..
And i have noticed in the last month or so that all the big tv show uploaders (LOL , Killers, W4F, etc), have now switched to MKV as the standard, and it was only used for 720p and up versions of tv shows , and now all..
Again VLC Player is usually the one i use for all formats ??, but if you have a better one to suggest great!!:D

Just trying to Help Meg

Regards
Shay

PS. I prefer MP4 to be honest, but i just go with the flow and i am not going to start converting all of MKV's and getting aggravated when they are out of sync and other problems, that is up to you if you want to fiddle with that Meg:D

PPS..... The 100 S03E11 HDTV x264-FUM[ettv](and other names posted in MP4, eg Killers and LOL lust look first;)) (these are on Kickass from ep. 1-12 Meg in MP4 if that helps??
And who cares if it is not the same poster?? There is a few of them i have noticed that try to be the first one to get the show posted, but unless there is a repack or a proper who cares on the poster or uploader:idunno:

Same shit Different Day:D

regards....

IdolEyes787
04-24-2016, 09:17 PM
I literally helped an old lady across the street yesterday so I know that I'm better person than Meg who once only helped a little old lady halfway across a street.

I am trying to help a friend watch Season 3 of the 100 on her iPad Mini.

Geez, let Gloria Vanderbilt buy the fucking show off iTunes.

shaina
04-24-2016, 09:45 PM
I literally helped an old lady across the street yesterday so I know that I'm better person than Meg who once only helped a little old lady halfway across a street.

I am trying to help a friend watch Season 3 of the 100 on her iPad Mini.
Geez, let Gloria Vanderbilt buy the fucking show off iTunes.

That was Mighty White of you Idol helping that lady:D , and Shame on you Meg!!:lol:

On topic.... Idol, they don't always add the latest episodes on Itunes (as far as i know:unsure:), and i guess Meg is just trying to help someone in need;)..
I just did the same thing for my brother-in law, had my family over for the second Passover Seder and he mentioned he loves Lost In Space tv series and he has the first season on DVD but couldn't find season 2-3?? , so i took a look on my NZB service and found them and downloaded them for him...
I guess i am trying to get my Good deeds to equal my Bad ones:whistling..
Still got a little ways to go :D

And like i said Meg, the poster or uploader is not a big issue, for you it is the format/extension that really has to matter, but as it may get harder to find MP4 files like AVI, VLC player may be there best friend for the future if the regular posters moved to MKV extension :D

megabyteme
04-24-2016, 09:56 PM

I once successfully got half a woman all the way across the street. Her heart just wasn't in it, though... :no:

anon
04-25-2016, 01:38 AM
VideoSeed is (or at least was) good for this.

megabyteme
04-25-2016, 02:08 AM
VideoSeed is (or at least was) good for this.

I'll be glad to try it. Any ideas on where to get an invite?

pone44
04-25-2016, 01:09 PM
PixelHD Mega. Look a review up. They have open invite apps. Better than videoseed. The specialize in 4gb 1080p mp4 rips and 2 gig 720 rips. Some 8 gig 1080p content too. Its a nice tracker. Well organized.

megabyteme
04-26-2016, 01:59 AM
Thanks to everyone (except Idol, as usual :ermm: ) for your help on this. I have found a workable solution which involves downloading a smallish xvid, then uploading to eroshare. It gets converted to mp4, which ends up about 260MB, but is very viewable on a smallish screen.

I will try that invite application, pone. Welcome back, btw. :)

shaina
04-26-2016, 02:32 AM
Thanks to everyone (except Idol, as usual :ermm: ) for your help on this. I have found a workable solution which involves downloading a smallish xvid, then uploading to eroshare. It gets converted to mp4, which ends up about 260MB, but is very viewable on a smallish screen.

If it stayed in-sync that is great Meg:D
Glad you found a solution :thumbsup:
I am now just downloading the MKV versions (standard not 720/1080), too lazy to convert to avi or mp4:idunno:

And Idol?? Your useless/obnoxious help is always welcome:lol:

IdolEyes787
04-26-2016, 12:45 PM
Thanks to everyone (except Idol, as usual :ermm: ) for your help on this.On his deathbed your Dad made me swear to never give you any help as his desire was for you to always be your own man and not grow up into a little bitch.
Given the circumstances I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was already too late.:(

And Idol?? Your useless/obnoxious help is always welcome:lol:Your wife digs me because I'm a bad boy.:snooty:

anon
04-26-2016, 01:52 PM
I have found a workable solution which involves downloading a smallish xvid, then uploading to eroshare. It gets converted to mp4, which ends up about 260MB, but is very viewable on a smallish screen.

I'd rather do the transcoding locally, but that may be because I have a quad-core Xeon server at work. If you have a non-monster computer but a good upload speed, that's an acceptable tradeoff.

whatcdfan
04-26-2016, 05:47 PM
Do we really need to transcode anything in this age?

@MBM: Xvid is MP3 of video codecs, gets decoded natively hence plays everywhere. Have you tried to play any Xvid file before on the device in question? as you may not need to upload->transcode->download at all.

megabyteme
04-27-2016, 01:27 AM
Do we really need to transcode anything in this age?

@MBM: Xvid is MP3 of video codecs, gets decoded natively hence plays everywhere. Have you tried to play any Xvid file before on the device in question? as you may not need to upload->transcode->download at all.

She's got an iPad Mini and is trying to watch shows at work. Apple being dickheads making things 'simple'- meaning we're gonna do whatever makes us the most money. She doesn't have desire to do anything technical in order to setup.

I have not transcoded anything for several years, tbh.