PDA

View Full Version : Frugal Problem

Stehle
06-07-2016, 02:27 PM
The last 4 or 5 days I keep getting "Idle (Transfers Scanned)", "Offline (Connect On Demand)", "Idle (Transfers Scanned)", "Offline (Connect On Demand)" "Idle (Transfers Scanned)", "Offline (Connect On Demand)"... flashing back and forth, but NO downloads. I checked all my settings and ports... is there something wrong with Frugal at this time?

(It seemed I had trouble similar to this months ago...and perhaps it just cured itself back then.)

Any Suggestions?

Stehle
06-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Delved a little farther...

"***ATTN Paypal Users***- Paypal is having an issue where a few subscriptions each day will not rebill for some reason (and your access with us will expire). They are "working" on it...Suuuureee. In the meantime, if you are affected by this, the best bet is to cancel the subscription in your Paypal account and then login to our website and start a fresh subscription to get things back on track. Sorry for the trouble!"

PayPal states they were PAID on June 1, 2016! (Paperwork backs up their claim.)

Still have no idea what gives.

Please let me know if anyone else is dealing with this issue. Thanks!

sandman_1
06-10-2016, 01:22 PM
There is a guy that works for Usenet Now/Blocknews/Frugal who posts on a DSLReports.com forum regularly that may be able to help you out. The forum is located at, http://www.dslreports.com/forum/fileshare.

He goes by Swintec, http://www.dslreports.com/profile/917132.

Stehle
06-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Thanks sandman_1, I got them on the issue, but... RESOLVED >>>> (See Last Post)

BlockNews
06-11-2016, 03:25 AM
hey Stahle, i think i found your email. apologies for the problems i know you are using version 5 of your newsreader but i didnt notice which version of 5...none of the betas will work any longer (as told to us by the devs). it needs to be the final version of 5 or the free version of 7 that is now being provided. i know the last email had a lot of info but please reply back with what you decide to do. the upgrade to version 7 should be pretty straightforward though if you go that route. you may still be able to find the old version 5 final though.

Stehle
06-13-2016, 07:46 PM
hey Stehle, i think i found your email. apologies for the problems i know you are using version 5 of your newsreader but i didnt notice which version of 5...none of the betas will work any longer (as told to us by the devs). it needs to be the final version of 5 or the free version of 7 that is now being provided. i know the last email had a lot of info but please reply back with what you decide to do. the upgrade to version 7 should be pretty straightforward though if you go that route. you may still be able to find the old version 5 final though.

Indeed it was beta version! My Bad! I now have all of my latest information from you guys, have downloaded the latest FINAL version of my newsreader and will with the time and the strength get it all put back together and install same. :)

(I hope everything goes smoothly.) :)

Thank everyone (especially S###t) for the fast and informative response! :)

EDIT: Works like a charm! Thank YOU!!!!!

*Maybe I'll also switch to BlockNews... as you folks are way ahead of the curve! ;)