PDA

View Full Version : Oh bhoy

Something Else
07-12-2016, 08:42 PM
A Ministry of Defence Police Officer from Gibraltar. Who would have thunk it.

JPaul
07-13-2016, 06:09 PM
I have no idea what you are speaking about, and even if I did I would not grace it with a response.

Something Else
07-14-2016, 12:25 AM
:lol:

That's prime minister talk.

JPaul
07-14-2016, 05:38 PM
Well I did go to convent school :naughty:

Something Else
07-14-2016, 06:02 PM
Wahey-roll. :symbol:

In other news, I have some antibiotics for my Eye injury. Mrs. Something Else managed to remove some glitter which had worked it's whey under my eyelid and left a snail-trail of destruction on my iris. How the doctor didn't see it, I do not know.

I told the doctor that the one thing I may be allergic to was penicillin and they've prescribed me some kind of penicillin based antibiotic. I just finished reading all the instructions, warnings and side-effects. Next time, I'm not going to read any of that stuff. It was horrific. I've only ever taken antibiotics once before, normally I rely on the magic power of the imagination, love and hippie wisdom.

JPaul
07-14-2016, 08:34 PM
Whey Eye Man

To be said in a Jimmy Nails accent.

Hippie wisdom > Science and facts.

FACT!

Something Else
07-15-2016, 01:19 PM
I'm addicted to placebos.

JPaul
07-15-2016, 06:24 PM
I had to use a much less potent placebo to wean me off them.

Something Else
07-15-2016, 08:50 PM
Good thinking. I'm off to the drunk store to get drugged.

I got my ticket for Boomtown (http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/) today. Would any of you fanny-packs like to join me.

I didn't think so.

JPaul
07-15-2016, 09:15 PM
Did you go to the bother of making that hole webshite

It's clearly not a real thing.

Something Else
07-16-2016, 04:41 PM
Water-way to have a good time tho'

Something Else
07-16-2016, 05:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36816657

Expect a Rodgering.

JPaul
07-16-2016, 06:46 PM
I did, but we didn't get one.

Managed to get a decent plaice to steal it from live.

In other thoughts, this is the current plan showing available season tickets.

The yellow areas are the ones with availability, there is one ticket in each.

Basically season tickets are sold out for this season.

Something Else
07-16-2016, 08:34 PM
Impressive. Is it normally that busy this early, or is it due to the return of the Huns and the Rodgers for Ronny thing.

JPaul
07-17-2016, 08:06 AM
Impressive. Is it normally that busy this early, or is it due to the return of the Huns and the Rodgers for Ronny thing.

Definitely the Rodgers thing.

People have known the new huns were joining the league for a while. It was when Rodgers signed on that the tickets started selling in numbers.

They have also put the "safe standing" area in which was a good idea, only about 3,000 so far but it will get expanded. People know they will need to already have a seat in that area to get in. I think it will spread and bring a better atmosphere back to games.

JPaul
07-17-2016, 12:40 PM
All gone, there was talk of them being down before Rodgers signed on, and even the possibility of the new club outselling us.

As it transpires we have now sold out on season tickets, which is actually a higher figure than their entire capacity.

Something Else
07-18-2016, 03:46 AM
I presume Mrs JP has sorted yours. Wahey.

I think the standing thing is a great idea. Not that the atmosphere there needs any improvement. It would never work at Hunbrox tho'

Unrelated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

China has gamified being an obedient citizen with the creation of Sesame Credit. The game links to your social network and gives you a score for doing things that the government approves of, but it also reduces that score for doing things the government disapproves of. Even your friends' scores affect your own, and being friends with people who have a low score will drag your score down as well. This insidious system applies social pressure on people to ostracize their friends with lower scores, either forcing those friends to change their ways or effectively quarantining their rebellious ideas. While many sci-fi visions of a dystopian future have centered around a bleak government that controls through fear, Sesame Credit shows us that a government can use gamification and positive reinforcement to be just as controlling. And it's real. While currently the system is opt-in, the government plans to make it mandatory in 2020. Once mandatory, it may give rewards for good scores or penalties for bad ones. And in the meantime, making it opt-in has already set the tone for the game: people participate willingly, so they find it fun, and they set a very high standard for what the "average" score should be. Already people have begun sharing their scores on social media.