PDA

View Full Version : TorrentBytes problem

yoco
08-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Hi! So since monday I can't open TB site. It just says "This site can't be reached. torrentbytes took too long to respond". At first I thought they have problems, but now people have told me they can open it fine. I have no idea what's wrong. I'm trying to get on their irc, but I'm noob at this. Don't know how to do this. Any help would be appreciated!

smcewa11
08-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Would need a lot more info to give you anything concrete. Off the top of my head a peering or dns issue, or an isp problem, or a problem with your firewall/blocklist/av or other software you installed that messes with internet.

Try connecting using other pc, other connection, reboot pc and router (but if your speed gets messed up by rebooting router then dont do it). Using something like TOR to check that you can get to their site lets you know that the problem is not your pc. You can do the dos command line ping to check the packet route too for problems by opening the command prompt from start menu and typing the following into it:
ping bbc.co.uk
then try to ping tb and look for differences.

...and like others I can connect fine to their site.

yoco
08-05-2016, 04:50 PM
I don't have any firewall or antivirus enabled. I also rebooted my router, still same. Not sure what to look for DNS.
I tried ping command and I got back only "packets: sent 4, received 0, 100% loss"

yoco
08-07-2016, 07:56 PM
I tried using TOR and it worked. I can open the site fine. Why it doesn't work with Chrome and FF then?

smcewa11
08-07-2016, 10:26 PM
I tried using TOR and it worked. I can open the site fine. Why it doesn't work with Chrome and FF then?

Guessing here but it will be one of ISP deliberate interference, peering problems, dns problems. If it is ISP then nothing you can do, the others will get fixed at some stage.

Instead of ping try in the command prompt
tracert 8.8.8.8
and see how the tracert command works then tracert tb to see what happens, and I get 19 hops before it times out, and this will give you some idea of what is going on.

if you have a tablet or another pc then check them on your internet to see if they can connect to tb.

yoco
08-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Looks like it was an ISP issue. After a week, it's working now. Can open on both browsers!

5thelement
08-14-2016, 05:04 PM
great ... torrentbytes is a good old site ...

anon
08-16-2016, 06:42 PM