PDA

View Full Version : Will piracy ever be legal??

renhoek93
09-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Will online piracy ever be legalized what do you guys think??.

megabyteme
09-04-2016, 02:15 AM
Yes, right after copying other students' test answers is acceptable in school.

renhoek93
09-05-2016, 05:21 AM
Yes, right after copying other students' test answers is acceptable in school.

Yeah okay sure whatever you say bud.

megabyteme
09-05-2016, 06:44 PM
*If* you are trying to have a real discussion, I strongly suspect most of what we are downloading currently will become almost unnecessary because of streaming services like Netflix and Amazon with their ease-of-use and abundance of quick-to-release offerings. Honestly, I have offered to get movies/shows for people and they have responded with, "I already have more on my to-watch list than I have time for..." Same with music. The Industries are combatting 'piracy' with ubiquity. But they have been slow in catching up.

No need for 'theft' if something is available cheaply. Like yer mum. ;)

renhoek93
09-06-2016, 01:12 AM
*If* you are trying to have a real discussion, I strongly suspect most of what we are downloading currently will become almost unnecessary because of streaming services like Netflix and Amazon with their ease-of-use and abundance of quick-to-release offerings. Honestly, I have offered to get movies/shows for people and they have responded with, "I already have more on my to-watch list than I have time for..." Same with music. The Industries are combatting 'piracy' with ubiquity. But they have been slow in catching up.

No need for 'theft' if something is available cheaply. Like yer mum. ;)

Well if you wanna put it that way than sure i guess LOL but real talk here true i do see where you are coming from but Netflix and Amazon do not have everything though their libraries of content are kind of small compared to torrent sites and all the movies you can watch and stream for free on cyber locker sites or YouTube just saying.

IdolEyes787
09-06-2016, 12:37 PM

Only if they redefine the meaning of either piracy or legalized.:unsure:

megabyteme
09-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Well if you wanna put it that way than sure i guess LOL but real talk here true i do see where you are coming from but Netflix and Amazon do not have everything though their libraries of content are kind of small compared to torrent sites and all the movies you can watch and stream for free on cyber locker sites or YouTube just saying.

I'm saying I have literally not been able to give people the latest relaeases they were talking about because they didn't feel it worth the trouble. Netflix and/or Amazon will have it soon enough for them anyway. People don't need everything because there is already more than they can find the time to watch.

mjmacky
09-06-2016, 10:50 PM

Only if they redefine the meaning of either piracy or legalized.:unsure:
Dammit, this was along the lines of how I wanted to respond, but I would have made it 10 times... no, about 18.328 times funnier.

IdolEyes787
09-06-2016, 11:22 PM
I thought the emoji sold it.:sadwalk:

IdolEyes787
09-06-2016, 11:27 PM

mjmacky
09-07-2016, 03:32 AM
An extra effort would have been just to add a landscape at the bottom. It's just a picture of the sun.

The reason Japan is called the land of the rising sun is because of the translation of its native name, 日本。

The first Kanji, 日, is for sun or day (nichi), which is pronounced ni. The second Kanji, 本, can mean book or origin, both pronounced hon. Putting together the two, you get nihon or nippon depending on how you merge the two sounds, and its literal meaning is sun origin. The two pronunciations arise because the second syllable starts with H.
にほん to pronounce the H, and にっぽん to morph the H to ppo.

mjmacky
09-07-2016, 03:34 AM
A mini lesson is what you get for being lame, Idol.

IdolEyes787
09-07-2016, 12:16 PM
An extra effort would have been just to add a landscape at the bottom. It's just a picture of the sun.

The reason Japan is called the land of the rising sun is because of the translation of its native name, 日本。

The first Kanji, 日, is for sun or day (nichi), which is pronounced ni. The second Kanji, 本, can mean book or origin, both pronounced hon. Putting together the two, you get nihon or nippon depending on how you merge the two sounds, and its literal meaning is sun origin. The two pronunciations arise because the second syllable starts with H.
にほん to pronounce the H, and にっぽん to morph the H to ppo.

I have no way to be certain but I'm still reasonably sure that this is what it would feel like being trapped in an elevator for three hours with a half a dozen actuaries.

The worst part though is that while I'm terrible with names I have this incredible ability to retain useless, boring information so I'll probably remember that forever, Murray.

megabyteme
09-07-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm great with names, but terrible with faces and locations. Who are you people and what are you doing on my lawn?!!!!

IdolEyes787
09-07-2016, 03:59 PM
You're daughter will probably graduate before you do, Peg.

Booboone
09-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Believe me, if "certain things" are now legal in the United States, piracy can be one day.

Caballero
09-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Believe me, if "certain things" are now legal in the United States, piracy can be one day.

I don't think you will be able to make a case that this (http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/movies/x264720/180665-Saving-Grace-2000-720p-BluRay-x264-WPi) will help you with glaucoma... :)

megabyteme
09-07-2016, 05:52 PM

Meh, we've been letting Canadians come across the border for years. We've learned to accept tolerate them. Sometimes.:idunno:

shaina
09-07-2016, 06:00 PM
I don't think you will be able to make a case that this (http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/movies/x264720/180665-Saving-Grace-2000-720p-BluRay-x264-WPi) will help you with glaucoma... :)

:lol: :lol:

Meh, we've been letting Canadians come across the border for years. We've learned to accept tolerate them. Sometimes.:idunno:

Coming from a well educated potato farmer, that is really upsetting ;)

megabyteme
09-07-2016, 10:53 PM
:lol: :lol:

Coming from a well educated potato farmer, that is really upsetting ;)

If I had said 'Mexicans', you would have laughed laffed.

mjmacky
09-07-2016, 11:22 PM
Comment 2 appears, so I guess this has to broken down.

You think you're expressing a convincing opinion, but you're really just trying to assert a contradiction.

If downloading unlicensed media was ever taken off the books, it would no longer be considered piracy.

Conflation is your fallacy, one derived from having been a post-filesharing yute.

shaina
09-08-2016, 01:00 AM
If I had said 'Mexicans', you would have laughed laffed.

:yup: :yup:

megabyteme
09-08-2016, 03:54 AM
Good to see you, my brother from the north. :)

shaina
09-08-2016, 05:01 AM
Good to see you, my brother from the north. :)

Where did i go:unsure:

And it is always good to hear/see you too:D

megabyteme
09-08-2016, 05:59 AM
I am the one who has been neglecting his forumular duties. I will do better. Well, I'll try to post more. :D

shaina
09-08-2016, 06:29 AM
I am the one who has been neglecting his forumular duties. I will do better. Well, I'll try to post more. :D

Family comes first, but that sounds good:)

I am more upset or surprised that the other pain in the ass Canadian has been neglecting his duties:idunno:

It really has been a strange summer, weather wise and all, and my golf game was up and down like a toilet seat, but my drinking and meds were pretty stable LOL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Rzug1OWPU&list=RDn3Rzug1OWPU#t=101

Is it legal to post this without paying good old Roger royalties :unsure:
I can tell you it was really fun talking to him in person and on stage ...

mjmacky
09-09-2016, 12:04 AM
my golf game was up and down like a toilet seat, but my drinking and meds were pretty stable LOL!!!

I had you pegged for a sit-down tinkler what with the golf and meds alone.

shaina
09-09-2016, 12:17 AM
I had you pegged for a sit-down tinkler what with the golf and meds alone.

If you are asking me if i walk a golf course?? The answer would be no Macky:lol: , and that would make you partially correct on the sit down thing.

But when i am on the course, i make pee pee in the woods standing up...
And being so humid this year for some reason, i was drinking more and less urinating, kind of felt like a camel on some days ...

mjmacky
09-09-2016, 02:43 AM
And being so humid this year for some reason, i was drinking more and less urinating, kind of felt like a camel on some days ...

I thought I was pooping less, but then I realized that my butthole just stopped telling my brain that I should empty my contents. Now, I just sit down every now and then and push. This seems to bother people on the train though.

I'm not sure if this is a health concern that I should have examined. I'll give it another few months.

shaina
09-09-2016, 03:32 AM
I thought I was pooping less, but then I realized that my butthole just stopped telling my brain that I should empty my contents. Now, I just sit down every now and then and push. This seems to bother people on the train though.
I'm not sure if this is a health concern that I should have examined. I'll give it another few months.

What is worse in a trains bathroom?? a short but not smelly shit?? or lots of stinky gas and no plops??
To be honest... For where you are living now, if you are having problems doing #2 , I would think the opposite and your shits would not even touch a wall and wiping would be a breeze:whistling i think you may need some medical attention,

If you are needed to push all the time you don't want this to happen to you

I wouldn't wish this on anyone:noes:

Especially guys going to jail for piracy .......

mjmacky
09-09-2016, 07:39 AM

What is worse in a trains bathroom?? a short but not smelly shit?? or lots of stinky gas and no plops??
To be honest... For where you are living now, if you are having problems doing #2 , I would think the opposite and your shits would not even touch a wall and wiping would be a breeze:whistling i think you may need some medical attention,

If you are needed to push all the time you don't want this to happen to you

I wouldn't wish this on anyone:noes:

Especially guys going to jail for piracy .......
You missed the joke, though it's not your fault per se. I should have said subway to better communicate that there are no bathrooms on these trains.

shaina
09-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Now that is disgusting Macky :lol:

And yes i would assume if you say train, like here they do have bathrooms in the Go Trains, TTC subways have none and yes the other riders would be a little upset if you shit your pants :unsure:

And i can tell you without a doubt that when you get older, it doesn't matter what your brain is thinking, if the stomach has the urge to dump it is happening whether you like it or not, i have stopped at a few gas stations on the way home, and i can tell you it was a close call:whistling

Getting old sucks:cry:

denfil
09-09-2016, 10:47 AM
soon even sing songs banned
because copyright

Gribley
09-09-2016, 11:14 AM
because copyright

Now you have to admit he is the only one on topic. Although you maybe able to plug that hole with a topic bar.... some evil pictures

I`ll answer the original question anyway: Never. If it was legal then it wouldn`t be piracy so that is a catch 22.

mjmacky
09-09-2016, 11:39 AM
And i can tell you without a doubt that when you get older, it doesn't matter what your brain is thinking, if the stomach has the urge to dump it is happening whether you like it or not

I feel like if I never sat on the toilet, I'd never shit again.

IdolEyes787
09-09-2016, 01:20 PM
because copyright

Now you have to admit he is the only one on topic. Although you maybe able to plug that hole with a topic bar.... some evil pictures

I`ll answer the original question anyway: Never. If it was legal then it wouldn`t be piracy so that is a catch 22.

Good point.I downloaded Catch 22 and got sent to jail over it.

megabyteme
09-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Getting old sucks:cry:

How old are you again?

I feel like if I never sat on the toilet, I'd never shit again.

Speaking of mono-logs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0rsTSaEx3M

shaina
09-09-2016, 08:41 PM
How old are you again?

One year less a half a century, but my body feels like "BCE"

Speaking of BCE i just watched the new X Men movie and the action was good but the story line was all over the place!!:stars:

megabyteme
09-10-2016, 01:47 AM
How old are you again?

One year less a half a century, but my body feels like "BCE"

So that's 100 divided by 1/2, which equals 200. Then subtract the 1. 199 years old...

Been awhile since I mathed, but sounds about right. :D

shaina
09-11-2016, 07:00 AM
So that's 100 divided by 1/2, which equals 200. Then subtract the 1. 199 years old...
Been awhile since I mathed, but sounds about right. :D

Close Meg:huh:

I may hire you as my new accountant:lol:

TorrentRedical
11-08-2016, 07:34 AM
My suggestion, it should be for personal use only:D

DaveReg
11-11-2016, 02:02 AM
I thought it already was :ermm:

anon
11-11-2016, 05:36 PM
People who want piracy to be legal don't call it piracy :eyebrows:

Tokeman
11-18-2016, 12:44 AM
Well, music can have therapeutic qualities, so maybe we can go the medical route. Worked for pot...? :rolleyes:

saftone
11-18-2016, 04:53 AM
Sure, after they do away with copyrights (like never!)