PDA

View Full Version : what is a good book to learn javascript ?

tiger
09-23-2016, 05:16 AM
What is javascript usefull for ?

:unsure:

anon
09-23-2016, 06:37 PM
http://bellard.org/jslinux/

tiger
09-24-2016, 09:10 AM
That is a linux shell in a webpage .when i first saw it i thought its a place you could test some javascript

:unsure:

anon
09-24-2016, 05:28 PM
It's not just a shell, it's a complete Linux OS. Just proof of something awesome that can be done with JavaScript :happy:

tiger
09-24-2016, 07:44 PM
http://scratchpad.io

This looks nice . looks like a good way to start learning some javascript

:happy:

dreamzdaisy
11-02-2016, 11:00 AM
check this ebook (http://tekslate.com/tutorials/javascript-tutorials/) for more information

tiger
11-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the link . Looks like a really nice site .
Sorry for the late reply . I was after a few scripts in some tutorial , I was trying to learn html javascript php and mysql from those examples .
I managed to put up a dynamic website after spending months in front of it . So i am sort of happy and i feel motivated to learn these languages from scratch once again .

This one also looks like a nice site to learn javascript

http://www.quackit.com/javascript/tutorial/

:happy:

Martinsmith
02-07-2017, 08:53 AM
W3Schools website is the best to learn javascript. Here you can find every topic with examples..

expertchinmay
08-19-2017, 07:02 AM
Mastering Javascript

shruti001
08-21-2017, 07:34 AM
Try Online lessons from w3schools website

deepchristiyen
04-10-2018, 07:45 AM
One question , do you know how these programming languages are made ?
As long as most of the population don't know about it
The whole computer science education is pointless

Why are the materials needed to learn programming spread out in different crappy websites

Why can't these programing language developers put out a good manual out on the internet ,instead of really crappy crappy websites .

Evil Fish
04-22-2018, 08:08 PM
eloquent javascript (https://eloquentjavascript.net/)

also free code camp (https://www.freecodecamp.org/)

rajputrana
06-30-2018, 06:50 PM
Beginning JavaScript And CSS Development With JQuery (By Richard York)

You will learn in this book on the best way to rapidly begin using the JavaScript jQuery structure, through code and framework. What's more, from its substance, you will learn numerous fundamental, intriguing ideas about jQuery, for example, establishment, testing code, handle the cluster, and many more...

rotansharma
08-21-2018, 07:54 AM
JavaScript and JQuery: Interactive Front-End Web Development, by Jon Duckett.

Eloquent JavaScript: A Modern Introduction to Programming by Marijn Haverbeke.

JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, by David Flanagan.

Learn JavaScript VISUALLY, by Ivelin Demirov.

shriniwas852
12-19-2018, 04:29 AM
I personally used this JavaScript The Definitive Guide, by David Flanagan..Very easy language and explain with examples

Gribley
12-19-2018, 04:40 AM

I do because I learned machine code. Call me old fashioned if you will.

shaina
12-19-2018, 06:18 AM

This may be out of my league Gribley, but isn't Java becoming less popular these days??

Gribley
12-19-2018, 06:43 AM

This may be out of my league Gribley, but isn't Java becoming less popular these days??

They are all just a rehash. Java is like C++, not unlike .NET. Python is like VBS. If you ever wanted to understand (and most normals don't) then machine code operands and such was the way to go. Admit I have limited interest in that by DevPac 3 assembler was a great and got me into many interesting future adventures. SoftICE still rocks in a VM that I run. NuMega we love u

shaina
12-19-2018, 07:36 AM
They are all just a rehash. Java is like C++, not unlike .NET. Python is like VBS. If you ever wanted to understand (and most normals don't) then machine code operands and such was the way to go. Admit I have limited interest in that by DevPac 3 assembler was a great and got me into many interesting future adventures. SoftICE still rocks in a VM that I run. NuMega we love u

As i said buddy, out of my league, i just read a lot of new programs are using python, and even games??
To me i wouldn't know the difference on any of that stuff, as long as what i am using works, it's all rock and roll to me:01:

To be honest you want details, I would have to refer you to my son and his girlfriend, one computer, and one bio medical engineers;), myself, i learn on the fly. Or i would just ask Idol :unsure:or Anon:yup:

Gribley
12-19-2018, 12:18 PM
I`ve found best way to understand any language is to try and reverse engineer it at the SoftICE level (or Oilly debug whatever). You then get to really understand the extra levels whichever language added.

Breaking stuff that someone wrote in assembler is great, but if they write it in some half-arsed interpreted/tokenised language really hard. Denuvo I would have no clue with that as protection within a virtual machine, times moved on from a CD check that I could JMP or NOP out of. Good there is still talent out there in Codex/CPY.

By no means relevant but with my "Action Replay" on the Amiga I could get past the wheel checking thing on Monkey Island but because it was part of SCUMM interface I broke the game at the same time..... that never got released. Fairly sure that was a Quartex release (working one that is)

shaina
12-19-2018, 02:30 PM
I`ve found best way to understand any language is to try and reverse engineer it at the SoftICE level (or Oilly debug whatever). You then get to really understand the extra levels whichever language added.
Breaking stuff that someone wrote in assembler is great, but if they write it in some half-arsed interpreted/tokenised language really hard. Denuvo I would have no clue with that as protection within a virtual machine, times moved on from a CD check that I could JMP or NOP out of. Good there is still talent out there in Codex/CPY.
By no means relevant but with my "Action Replay" on the Amiga I could get past the wheel checking thing on Monkey Island but because it was part of SCUMM interface I broke the game at the same time..... that never got released. Fairly sure that was a Quartex release (working one that is)

Ok, i read a bunch of Blah Blah Blah then i say wow that is cool, then you say Bluh Bluh Bluh Monkey Island and i say that is cool:D. Then i say really buddy it does look interesting, and when it comes to stuff like that, i now know where to go if i ever needed help:)
Truth be told i went shopping for groceries at Walmart last night and i went to the electronics department, and saw they are selling again all the vintage consoles, atari 2600, Sega, and vintage Nintendo's, and they are not that cheap to buy, and every time i see them i think of you and the wonders of the Rasberry PI;)

IdolEyes787
12-19-2018, 07:15 PM
As see it the main diffence between python and annaconda is that pythons don't scare the shit out of me.

Also isn't calling something javascript a tad racist?

Gribley
12-19-2018, 07:16 PM
RetroPi could indeed be your friend.

Blah Blah, Idol random insult just implied, Blah Blah

There is no doubt that the Pi 3B will be supported forever but the Odroid side with Debian is supported and the hardware is better but the support side is more hit and miss. I love my odroid but I would just get a RaspPi and play it safe still.

For Idol not sure how Javascript can be abused, Coffee making countries that script stuff with underaged children?

anon
12-20-2018, 01:12 AM

I do because I learned machine code.

To be fair, at the time a computer cost as much as a used car and the Datasette was a thing :P

lkumarg
12-21-2018, 07:28 AM
Lack of clarity in the books was a huge issue back in the days .

One had to go through more than 10 books to get the basic knowledge of these things .

Now that we have a better picture of the binary , things are getting a bit more easier to understand

:)

ruchika
02-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Great information here. Thank you.

Vysvader
03-07-2019, 06:10 PM
On the client side, JavaScript takes care of all what isn't graphic (but can manipulate also with the graphics). Meantime, on the server side, it isn't any standard at all but you might have heard about V8 JavaScript Engine (https://v8.dev/) which powers some versions of web browsers and Node.js (https://nodejs.org/en/) (a web server working in the back-end, on the server-side).

mudrikaaprints
03-23-2019, 09:48 AM
learn about javascript, so why you have to find a book, just read to know online for java script or see youtube video for learning. you can better understand through online learning. thanks

accman
03-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Hi,

I will suggest you try online tutorial to practice & learn JS or any other programming language.

You can find simple to learn and try yourself tutorial on w3schools website.

And there are many online playing field website, I will recommend you to practice at jsfiddle. An old and a good playing field for HTML, CSS and Javascript.

Wish u success !

mawmee
07-14-2019, 03:04 AM
I don't know if book is the way to go, but there's plenty of courses online that you can find. Books typically put me to sleep, so cbt videos are better for me. Try youtube for some examples. I used to use cbtnuggets to learn and I find increasing the playback speed to 1.5x the fastest way to learn.

dollars26
09-02-2019, 08:02 PM
great information thanks for sharing

iglobsyn
09-09-2019, 05:54 AM
Learn JavaScript VISUALLY
Author – Ivelin Demirov

Good for beginners.

100percent
02-25-2020, 02:18 AM
Better to get right into it and write some programs no matter how small.

daxclark
09-08-2020, 11:35 AM
There are so many books to learn javascript or any programming language. But I will recommend you w3schools.com to learn any programming language online and easily.

trueandrey
09-28-2020, 07:50 AM
It is better to find some course on Javascript than to read a book, as there will be more practice. And then you can start developing applications yourself and when questions arise, look for answers on the Internet. For example, in my AndreyBlog I sometimes analyze different aspects of Javascript, you can read.

aasthabeauty
02-03-2021, 10:16 AM
The best Java script book is JavaScript: The Good Parts.