PDA

View Full Version : The American accent vs the Canadian accent

OlegL
10-17-2016, 04:00 AM
Is it possible that the Canadian accent is actually prettier than the American accent? Does this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Paikin have the Canadian accent?

shaina
10-17-2016, 05:07 AM
Is it possible that the Canadian accent is actually prettier than the American accent? Does this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Paikin have the Canadian accent?

Speaking from one brother to another, and i mean this with all sincerity.... Are you MESHUGGINA??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3JFM89Q3tI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFc8ZkFf4TI

By the way, i thought this interview was great!! :lol: And didn't this chick work for Bill Maher??;)

mjmacky
10-17-2016, 07:37 AM
Anyone other than Oleg correct me if I fault in my presumption, but there is more than one Canadian accent, eh

Caballero
10-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Aboot two or three, eh?

Barbarossa
10-17-2016, 08:54 AM

OlegL
10-17-2016, 10:42 AM
Is the Canadian shift (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Shift) present in the speech of Steve Paikin?

IdolEyes787
10-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Anyone other than Oleg correct me if I fault in my presumption, but there is more than one Canadian accent, eh

Birds have regional dialects with song variations noticeable on groups as close as even a couple of miles apart.
Take for instance something I found on Urban Dictionary.

oleg
Oleg is a bitchin name which means "holy" all you stupid haters on here wish you had a name like oleg. as far as being a wigger... you peepz dont even know how to define the term "Wigger" the person that said the name oleg means "Molster" i think your spending too much time on the internet, and need to go out and get a life. all of you are just a bunch of haters. GROW UP! oh yeah my name is OLEG. and i think is pimp cause it's not your everyday AMERICAN GAY NAME.

Oleg's(not your everyday AMERICAN GAY NAME) homework for the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrTCDi3xbTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NriDTxseog

Mr. Mulder
10-17-2016, 02:33 PM
They both sound incorrect.

OlegL
10-17-2016, 04:48 PM
Thank you, IdolEyes, for posting the link to The Canadian English Accent video. I really enjoyed watching it. The Canadian vowel a in the word bag doesn't seem to have the same sound as the corresponding American vowel. Of course, the Canadian vowel ou in the word about is also different from the corresponding American vowel. I know that the tv show Dark Matter has a lot of Canadian actors, and I wonder if those actors sound distinctly Canadian. Is it possible to discern the difference between their speech and the Western American English speech? Today, the Canadian show Travelers premieres on Showcase. I wonder if any actors in that show speak differently than the people in the Western U.S.

IdolEyes787
10-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Thank you, IdolEyes, for posting the link to The Canadian English Accent video.

And thank you, OlegL for being autistic enough to watch it.

shaina
10-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Thank you, IdolEyes, for posting the link to The Canadian English Accent video. I really enjoyed watching it. The Canadian vowel a in the word bag doesn't seem to have the same sound as the corresponding American vowel. Of course, the Canadian vowel ou in the word about is also different from the corresponding American vowel. I know that the tv show Dark Matter has a lot of Canadian actors, and I wonder if those actors sound distinctly Canadian. Is it possible to discern the difference between their speech and the Western American English speech? Today, the Canadian show Travelers premieres on Showcase. I wonder if any actors in that show speak differently than the people in the Western U.S.

Eric McCormack the main actor was born in Toronto , so if you hear any strange accent that would be considered Acting Roll..

He was in another series i really liked called Perception, and of course he kind of had a slight flaming accent in Will and Grace, I can say looking at the previews of Travelers, looks like it is going to be a good series.....

Funny you see many actors in there rolls like Ioan Gruffudd (Fantastic 4), Russell Crowe (American Gangster), Jack Nicholson (The Departed), and then you watch there interviews on Talk Shows, is there accent the Same Oleg??
It is like watching the Fargo movie or series?? You live in Minnesota and listen to there accent, and you drive an hour away and start speaking to someone that lives in a small town, you think you have traveled somewhere outside the US..
It would be like myself traveling from Toronto the Newfoundland (A lot of Newfies worked for my wife, and they remind me of Fargo), they speak completely different, like there own stye of the English Language...
Oleg the US border from where i live and Idol as well is close, and driving an few hours away, it is amazing the change in speech/speaking.

shaina
10-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Aboot two or three, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04u58ifxmRA

IdolEyes787
10-17-2016, 05:47 PM
Like for instance being from Toronto Shay says "Torontah" while the rest of Canada says "Seriously, fuck those assholes".

shaina
10-17-2016, 05:55 PM
Like for instance being from Toronto Shay says "Torontah" while the rest of Canada says "Seriously, fuck those assholes".

Actually it is Toront a' the h is silent:D (actually funny and kind of true)

Always remember you are a bit closer to Frogville my friend, i hope that doesn't rub off on you:lol:

PS. The only person that i know who pronounces all the T's is Susan on my GPS:lol: Joe Pesci just says that Fuckin place north of that Shit hole Buffalo LOL!!! I wonder how they pronounce/speak Toronto in California ???

Something Else
10-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Smileys and badly written things.

IdolEyes787
10-17-2016, 07:25 PM
I don't see any smileys.

JPaul
10-17-2016, 07:44 PM
The bad sequel to The Sixth Sense.

IdolEyes787
10-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Take off, hoser.

Something Else
10-17-2016, 10:57 PM

:lol: :earl:

mjmacky
10-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Oleg did not write this.

Did Oleg kill enough victims to undergo metamorphosis, or is this someone else who has taken over Oleg's life?

If it's the latter, tough break.

megabyteme
10-18-2016, 04:38 AM
Oleg did not write this.

That is classic Oleg. What do you see different from before?

megabyteme
10-18-2016, 04:40 AM
I don't see any smileys.

Taking this for my sigy. Classic. :happy:

mjmacky
10-18-2016, 04:49 AM
Oleg did not write this.

That is classic Oleg. What do you see different from before?
Content, yes, but the syntax is someone else entirely.

megabyteme
10-18-2016, 04:53 AM
Manker pointed out long ago that Oleg is always spot on with his writing. I looked back at that point- he is. Always.

shaina
10-18-2016, 05:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqLuIXwsLDw

They actually sound like American Potato Farmers:D

mjmacky
10-18-2016, 08:42 AM
Manker pointed out long ago that Oleg is always spot on with his writing. I looked back at that point- he is. Always.
Am I confusing Oleg with someone else? Jdye?

mjmacky
10-18-2016, 08:44 AM
I think I know what it is. Doesn't Oleg flip out sometimes and threaten murder or something? I'm probably thinking about the tween rage rants.

IdolEyes787
10-18-2016, 12:52 PM
Am I confusing Oleg with someone else? Jdye?

I know. Sometimes all the clearly insane people tend to blend together.

OlegL
10-19-2016, 03:14 AM
I found this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6vq-cOAi0Y . Does this guy actually speak with the Canadian accent? Someone wrote this in the comment section: "30 seconds in and i can already enjoy his beautiful canadian accent :)" . I seriously doubt, though, that this guy speaks with the Standard Canadian accent. Is it possible that his accent is a regional one?

mjmacky
10-19-2016, 11:04 AM
OK, so Oleg is doubling down on being Oleg after I called it into question.

shaina
10-19-2016, 11:18 AM
OK, so Oleg is doubling down on being Oleg after I called it into question.

manker
10-19-2016, 11:57 AM
OK, so Oleg is doubling down on being Oleg after I called it into question.I dunno, dude.
The Oleg dose has been pretty consistent throughout his recent remise.

mjmacky
10-19-2016, 06:09 PM
OK, so Oleg is doubling down on being Oleg after I called it into question.I dunno, dude.
The Oleg dose has been pretty consistent throughout his recent remise.
The heavy handedness and timing is suspect. I'm willing to share my copper mesh helmet*.

*a better Faraday cage than an aluminum foil hat

OlegL
10-19-2016, 07:41 PM
I emailed the professor who talked in that video that IdolEyes showed me. He told me that that tvo host Steve Paikin definitely sounded Canadian. He also told me that that home improvement guy Shannon whose video I had posted here had a very strong Western Canadian accent.

manker
10-19-2016, 08:23 PM
I emailed the professor who talked in that video that IdolEyes showed me. He told me that that tvo host Steve Paikin definitely sounded Canadian. He also told me that that home improvement guy Shannon whose video I had posted here had a very strong Western Canadian accent.Okay, I think I get the purpose of this thread. Correct me if I go awry.

Which do you think gets the girls hotter; West Canadian or regular Canadian accent. Also which would you prefer to work into your onanistic routine.

shaina
10-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Which do you think gets the girls hotter; West Canadian or regular Canadian accent. Also which would you prefer to work into your onanistic routine.
I really have no clue what he is trying to accomplish, or is it some sort of study he is doing:unsure:

Is onanistic fancy way of saying Pearl-Necklace or Anal Creampie Manker?

manker
10-19-2016, 08:44 PM
Is onanistic fancy way of saying Pearl-Necklace or Anal Creampie Manker? It's just wanking, fella, but how you finish is entirely up to you. To each his own, but I bet clean-up is a bitch for you.

shaina
10-19-2016, 08:51 PM
Is onanistic fancy way of saying Pearl-Necklace or Anal Creampie Manker? It's just wanking, fella, but how you finish is entirely up to you. To each his own, but I bet clean-up is a bitch for you.

Thinking dirty mined the way I figure you are, I told you I don't go that way, and if you think my way, that would be my wife's problem not mine:D

IdolEyes787
10-19-2016, 08:52 PM
I emailed the professor who talked in that video that IdolEyes showed me. He told me that that tvo host Steve Paikin definitely sounded Canadian. He also told me that that home improvement guy Shannon whose video I had posted here had a very strong Western Canadian accent.

Saskatchewan.More specifically in the northern suburbs of Saskatoon.

He's also a Pisces and when nervous has a strange habit of scratching his left ear.

IdolEyes787
10-19-2016, 08:53 PM
I got those from the way he intones "from".

IdolEyes787
10-19-2016, 08:55 PM
Also I Googled "Shannon/ Home Improvement . com.

shaina
10-19-2016, 08:58 PM
I emailed the professor who talked in that video that IdolEyes showed me. He told me that that tvo host Steve Paikin definitely sounded Canadian. He also told me that that home improvement guy Shannon whose video I had posted here had a very strong Western Canadian accent.Saskatchewan.More specifically in the northern suburbs of Saskatoon.
He's also a Pisces and when nervous has a strange habit of scratching his left ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKUDRW9EA2c

shaina
10-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Also I Googled "Shannon/ Home Improvement . com.

There used to be a chick I think on the discovery or DYI channel that did do it yourself repairs ?? Do you know who I mean?

Update

Jays losing 3-0 top of the 4th Fuck Fuck!!

manker
10-19-2016, 09:29 PM
It's just wanking, fella, but how you finish is entirely up to you. To each his own, but I bet clean-up is a bitch for you.

Thinking dirty mined the way I figure you are, I told you I don't go that way, and if you think my way, that would be my wife's problem not mine:D
:eyebrows:

Why'd you bring your wife into it. I'm just talking about wanking.

shaina
10-19-2016, 09:44 PM
:eyebrows:
Why'd you bring your wife into it. I'm just talking about wanking.

Well I can't double joint my dick to put it in my own bottom, and I am not interested in spewing on my own chest!!. So if I can squirt somewhere else, WTF do you think I am going to do:lol:

And I was taking the meaning of the word you posted to a different level, the definition does say anywhere outside the Vigi .

manker
10-19-2016, 09:57 PM
Just thought it was a Canadian thing :idunno:

shaina
10-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Just thought it was a Canadian thing :idunno:

I think it is a world wide thing, but I have no idea of the translations..

I am assuming that is a chick:unsure:

Update..

Jays losing 3-0 7th inning I think we are fucked!!!!!

rowingcowardice
10-20-2016, 02:18 AM
I observed from friends that a Canadian accent is more stronger since the Americans do pronounce their words slower than Canadians do.

Caballero
10-20-2016, 04:37 AM
Is more stronger bigly good?

Funkin'
10-22-2016, 07:28 AM
My old boss was from Canada. A hockey nut. Actually has closed games with some of the NHL players. And just about every bitch that worked there thought his was accent was "hot". Guess they loved the whole "aboot" thing.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk