PDA

View Full Version : Last one to post wins the internets

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Barbarossa
10-31-2016, 01:19 PM
Is 'shining the pumpkins' a euphemism, because somebody got those all glossy. :happy:

Well spotted, they have just been given a brisk rubbing-over with a damp cloth to spruce them up a bit :happy:

Mr. Mulder
10-31-2016, 01:49 PM
Watched that Man From Uncle moviefilm last night wot has superman in it. It was alright lyke, only had 2 uncles in it though. Better than none I suppose.

It got to about 10pm with half hour left of it and the misses says "my friend just text me saying she had a fight with her dad, can she come over?" I said Fuck No! We're not some fucking shelter for teen runaways and its basically the middle of the night ffs! Of course she comes over anyway, film goes on pause and they start chatting. Oh, I guess I'll just leave the room for an hour and wait then :dabs:

Mr. Mulder
10-31-2016, 01:50 PM
Need to get a console back in the bedroom for when life gets too real :emo:

Barbarossa
10-31-2016, 02:48 PM
:console:

bonetee
10-31-2016, 02:58 PM
Whats seems to be the problem officer ?

manker
10-31-2016, 03:30 PM
I've just googled 'rattan' and found it's a square criss-crossing of fibres :smilie4:
Now if only I could earn enough cash money to find out who or what a John Lewis is, there's a possibility barbie might pop out for a beer with me the next time he visits the in-laws in Wales.

It's far from definite, though. I'm not even sure of their policy regarding associating with the nouveau riche at barbs' lodge.

manker
10-31-2016, 03:32 PM
It got to about 10pm with half hour left of it and the misses says "my friend just text me saying she had a fight with her dad, can she come over?" I said Fuck No! We're not some fucking shelter for teen runaways and its basically the middle of the night ffs! Of course she comes over anyway, film goes on pause and they start chatting. Oh, I guess I'll just leave the room for an hour and wait then :dabs:Being a shelter for teen runaways does sound like it might have some perks tho :eyebrows:

JPaul
10-31-2016, 03:35 PM

bonetee
10-31-2016, 06:27 PM
That is funny :lol:

anon
10-31-2016, 08:09 PM

JPaul
10-31-2016, 08:27 PM
Sharing is Caring.

Whatever happened to that Dutch lad anyway.

Mr. Mulder
10-31-2016, 10:53 PM
Walking Dead was boring as fuck. The things I don't give a shit about the most in The Walking Dead and real life are Carol, Morgan, tigers that look like they were made in MS Paint, Carol, Morgan, Meeting and getting to know new people, Carol and Morgan.

I imagen they'll be some more of this filler, a Daryl episode, a slow Rick & Co episode then something will happen? :idunno:

mjmacky
11-01-2016, 03:09 AM
Busy times, inactive here but not away announcing it as a word parfait

I'm officially, of this very hour, unemployed! Intentional it was, so celebrations are in order, many of them. I am going to investigate what kind of debauchery I can get into now that I'm going to have loads of free time. Study a language? Forget that, I'll learn when I'm drunk.Are you all yen'd up? Debauchery usually costs a shedload of money, it might be different in Japan though. I know it is in Canadia.
Good luck and godspeed.

Post before and after pics of your debauched pumpkins also.
I've got like a million 円 to blow through before I can no longer pay rent and eat. I'll likely be teaching English by then because even though I can go jobless for months, I still need a visa before deportation becomes a concern.

mjmacky
11-01-2016, 03:10 AM
Walking Dead was boring as fuck. The things I don't give a shit about the most in The Walking Dead and real life are Carol, Morgan, tigers that look like they were made in MS Paint, Carol, Morgan, Meeting and getting to know new people, Carol and Morgan.

I imagen they'll be some more of this filler, a Daryl episode, a slow Rick & Co episode then something will happen? :idunno:
Wait, they're already introducing George Clinton?

manker
11-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Did she say that she still has a million cocks left available to blow in Tokyo before there is no longer any option but to do some regular work type work.
Who knew earning cash money abroad is so easy.

I mean, I've never sucked a cock, the notion hasn't even occurred, but it can't be difficult.
It looks pretty straight forward in the movies anyhow.

manker
11-01-2016, 10:01 AM

It can't be all fucking skulls right the fuck right up to the max. Everyone would be dead already and we'd just be left looking at zombies meander around a field aimlessly.
It would be like Scotch football, and no-one ever watches that.

I like Morgan and his stick of justice, Carol is admittedly pointless unless she's being badass, which seems to happen once every two series so no point hoping for that any time soon.
Didn't you like the Kingdom? I think they're going to help everyone pwn Negan in a few years time. That episode was way better than the one we're going to get soon of Rick being a depressed mental and not speaking except to himself while crying and snotting into his open mouth.

Mr. Mulder
11-01-2016, 11:13 AM
That's where ewe and I differ, Sir :no: I'd rather have 12 hours of rick running away from zombies after everyone has been killed, sobbing and out of bullets than 12 hours of what is basically EastEnders. Especially given that I have to sit through EastEnders before getting to watch it :no:

JPaul
11-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Did she say that she still has a million cocks left available to blow in Tokyo before there is no longer any option but to do some regular work type work.

I mean, I've never sucked a cock, the notion hasn't even occurred, but it can't be difficult.

More of the cock sucking denials, methinks she doth protest to mitch.

mjmacky
11-01-2016, 12:32 PM

You know, "en" can also mean circle. Even though it's more of a slit, I'd interpret a circle to represent the vagina, yet you went with the penis. Interesting.

Actually, not so much interesting as expected, you homobird.

I recently swiped right on a ladyboy though, but I have enough matches as it is. I'd rather meet a ladyboy on the street if we're going down that path.

manker
11-01-2016, 12:32 PM

More of the cock sucking denials, methinks she doth protest to mitch.:kiss:

manker
11-01-2016, 12:36 PM
If you hover the mouse over 'post quick reply', it shows 'Alt + S'
However, that doesn't work. It used to work and I liked it.

Perhaps if I post this here god will make it start working like she did with the edit thing.

Also, god, there's something wrong with the most recent post in Sportsland.
I can click on it but I can't read it. Could you please fix that, too, if you have a moment.

mjmacky
11-01-2016, 12:37 PM
I foresee much tinder speculation, so I'll strike preemptively. I don't message anyone, ever. It has manifested as toilet fodder for a couple years. I am, however, surprised at how often I match here because I swipe left 19 out of 20 times. The narcissist I am, I spend more time looking at my profile than anyone else's.

Barbarossa
11-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know what macky's talking about :unsure:

manker
11-01-2016, 12:42 PM

You know, "en" can also mean circle. Even though it's more of a slit, I'd interpret a circle to represent the vagina, yet you went with the penis. Interesting.

Actually, not so much interesting as expected, you homobird.

I recently swiped right on a ladyboy though, but I have enough matches as it is. I'd rather meet a ladyboy on the street if we're going down that path.What? No, it just looks like a cock.

If that's what you think a vagina looks like, it's no wonder she left you.

Also, srs about the ladyboy thing?
I think that kind of thing is absolutely fine if it's a genuine error, but to go out looking for one is perhaps a little bit of a thing a massive gay flaming homosexual might do.

manker
11-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know what macky's talking about :unsure:The Grindr thing is fairly straightforward, she's looking for a burd with a cock.

As to the other stuff about the 'en' looking like a vagina, I have no idea. I'm trying to help her clear it up.

IdolEyes787
11-01-2016, 12:47 PM
I've got like a million 円 to blow through before I can no longer pay rent and eat. I'll likely be teaching English by then .....

Lots of money and way too much free time. No, more likely you'll be dead by then.

IdolEyes787
11-01-2016, 12:50 PM

Mary, pwned by her own pompousness. :coffee:

Barbarossa
11-01-2016, 12:52 PM
No, it just looks like a cock.

It does look like a cawk. It's got the Jap's eye and everything. Are we allowed to say Jap's eye now? Doesn't matter, I just did.

It does not look like a vagina. Vaginas are more .... <\o/>

EDIT: Sorry, upside-down. </o\>

EDIT2: Suppose it depends on your point of view.

EDIT3: Is the plural of vagina vaginas or vaginae? Sorry, a bit nervous today, got British Gas coming in a bit to inspect the boiler (not a euphemism) ... It's quite likely they're going to condemn it and I'll be without heating for the winter :pinch:

manker
11-01-2016, 12:57 PM
That's where ewe and I differ, Sir :no: I'd rather have 12 hours of rick running away from zombies after everyone has been killed, sobbing and out of bullets than 12 hours of what is basically EastEnders. Especially given that I have to sit through EastEnders before getting to watch it :no:Can't you just go into the other room and watch good stuff while she is in the main telly room watching shite?

I'm sure it's okay to do this kind of thing but JP and barbie may have to advise further.
This information could change your entire life.

Barbarossa
11-01-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm sure it's okay to do this kind of thing but JP and barbie may have to advise further.

Headphones and iPad are your friend if you don't want to give up that sweet spot on the sofa :happy:

JPaul
11-01-2016, 01:08 PM

It does look like a cawk. It's got the Jap's eye and everything. Are we allowed to say Jap's eye now? Doesn't matter, I just did.

EDIT3: Is the plural of vagina vaginas or vaginae? Sorry, a bit nervous today, got British Gas coming in a bit to inspect the boiler (not a euphemism) ... It's quite likely they're going to condemn it and I'll be without heating for the winter :pinch:

Posh garden, no heating.

It's the age old story.

manker
11-01-2016, 01:08 PM

EDIT3: Is the plural of vagina vaginas or vaginae? Sorry, a bit nervous today, got British Gas coming in a bit to inspect the boiler (not a euphemism) ... It's quite likely they're going to condemn it and I'll be without heating for the winter :pinch: Probably just stick an 's' on it. Never had to pluralise a vagina before. MMFs aplenty but no MFFs ever.

And also, British Gas are the worst people to ask. They put boilers in and charge double what regular plumber type plumbers do, plus they get commission if they sell you a heating system.
They're probably going to condemn it due to the intrinsic greed prevalent in capitalist society :no:

manker
11-01-2016, 01:10 PM
I think I got too greedy and god just stopped the edit thing from working.
The vindictive bar-stewardess.

JPaul
11-01-2016, 01:10 PM
That's where ewe and I differ, Sir :no: I'd rather have 12 hours of rick running away from zombies after everyone has been killed, sobbing and out of bullets than 12 hours of what is basically EastEnders. Especially given that I have to sit through EastEnders before getting to watch it :no:Can't you just go into the other room and watch good stuff while she is in the main telly room watching shite?

There are four tellyboxes in my house, and four people.

Another three laptops set up just to do the kodi (libreelec) thing.

I like telly, true story.

manker
11-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Can't you just go into the other room and watch good stuff while she is in the main telly room watching shite?

There are four tellyboxes in my house, and four people.

Another three laptops set up just to do the kodi (libreelec) thing.

I like telly, true story.I'll take that as a yes, rather than a promulgation regarding the decadent position your profligation has engendered.

Mr. Mulder
11-01-2016, 01:56 PM
There's a tellybawcks in the bedroom but I snapped the USB bit off the Chrome cast for it by accidently being so freaking strong and manly :no: there used to be an xbawcks in there too :emo:

Barbarossa
11-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Boiler is OK :happy:

JPaul
11-01-2016, 04:10 PM

Huzzah.

JPaul
11-01-2016, 04:39 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37834104

manker
11-01-2016, 05:07 PM

Huzzah.+1

JPaul
11-01-2016, 05:12 PM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtics-champions-league-opponents-borussia-9173463

manker
11-01-2016, 05:49 PM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtics-champions-league-opponents-borussia-9173463:lol:
It's funny because they can't spell Scotch.

Barbarossa
11-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Huzzah.+1

Ewe guise! :wub:

manker
11-01-2016, 05:53 PM
I can click on it but I can't read it. Could you please fix that, too, if you have a moment.The whole post is gone now. I must have displeased the deity.
Hope it wasn't one of the good ones.

JPaul
11-01-2016, 06:47 PM
I can click on it but I can't read it. Could you please fix that, too, if you have a moment.The whole post is gone now. I must have displeased the deity.

Bastard, I've now got to think about whether I'm not sure if there is more than one god and then which one to believe in but not have proof of.

mjmacky
11-02-2016, 05:11 AM
If I spent half the time looking for cocks as the rest of you, I wouldn't learn any Kanji.

mjmacky
11-02-2016, 05:21 AM
If that's what you think a vagina looks like, it's no wonder she left you.

Also, srs about the ladyboy thing?
I think that kind of thing is absolutely fine if it's a genuine error, but to go out looking for one is perhaps a little bit of a thing a massive gay flaming homosexual might do.

You bastards are too facial to be insulted.

Serious about the ladyboy thing. However, I wouldn't go so far as to call it an error. I thought I swiped on a maybe cute girl, and it matched, and right in the profile it says ladyboy. I'm going to try a screenshot, but image attachment works so poorly with this forum via Tapatalk.

mjmacky
11-02-2016, 05:28 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161102/f233659bf5a3f3e5c96e4aa7fd66097f.jpg

You might have to drag the link. Get it? Drag the link :(

Skiz
11-02-2016, 05:35 AM

Perhaps if I post this here god will make it start working like she did with the edit thing.

I can click on it but I can't read it. Could you please fix that, too, if you have a moment.

I never even knew about that. :o

I've sent it up the ladder to the ones in charge. Don't hold your breath tho. tesco has abandoned us. :no:

Mr. Mulder
11-02-2016, 05:41 AM
Fuck its early. I can hear foxes spazzing out, outside. Last day of work today for 18 days :macksmilie4pluswun:

manker
11-02-2016, 10:54 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161102/f233659bf5a3f3e5c96e4aa7fd66097f.jpg

You might have to drag the link. Get it? Drag the link :(See, I'd have to swipe left (or right, whichever is 'FUCK NO' on Grindr, I'm not familiar) because he literally says 'I'm a bloke' right under the pic.
The only way you can get away with butt-sex with a man, if you don't want to be thought of as a cawk-smuggler, is if you had no earthly idea about the whole penis thing.

Which is a massive stretch under any circumstance, cawkfan.

manker
11-02-2016, 10:56 AM
The whole post is gone now. I must have displeased the deity.

Bastard, I've now got to think about whether I'm not sure if there is more than one god and then which one to believe in but not have proof of.Thinking about thinking. Metacognition.
I learned that word yesterday from an article you linked and now I get to use it. Fantastic.

manker
11-02-2016, 11:06 AM

I never even knew about that. :o

I've sent it up the ladder to the ones in charge. Don't hold your breath tho. tesco has abandoned us. :no:Yeah, he's got a life and got laid, the wanker.

I probably used Alt + S around 20,000 times, back in the day.
If you grant that it saves me at least half a second each time, it's extended my life by almost 3 hours :smilie4:

manker
11-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Hoi, Mulder.
Some peak Anderson to help your last day in captivity go more smoothly.

http://i.imgur.com/NC7gMzg.mp4

Mr. Mulder
11-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Season 4 episode 13, my nipples are so moist right now :drool:

Mr. Mulder
11-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Hoi mankster, I know our own telly stuffs is shit but have you ever watched Drifters? Which is basically the female and slightly older version of inbetweeners? I watched some t'other night and found it to be lolzs :eyebrows:

mjmacky
11-02-2016, 03:44 PM
See, I'd have to swipe left (or right, whichever is 'FUCK NO' on Grindr, I'm not familiar) because he literally says 'I'm a bloke' right under the pic.

The label is how I learned, and I cropped to highlight that. Why else did you think I showed it?

I'm sure you make careful choices on grinder because you need someone who can keep a secret, but that's your prerogative. You'd think I'd take time to read, but I say no enough without having to critique introductions. Most times, it's just a bunch of Japanese gibberish. I barely bothered to register introductions when I was swiping away in the states because they're so mundane.

You leave my lady alone, boy. Nevermind, you can have herm. On further review, it's the presumptive tone and excess makeup that would push this one left, so I wouldn't even have to process how to choreograph the sword fights.

anon
11-02-2016, 06:03 PM

Any chances you switched browsers since then? This functionality also depends on that. For example, Alt+S never worked for me on Opera, but Ctrl+B/I/U apply text formatting just fine.

manker
11-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Hoi mankster, I know our own telly stuffs is shit but have you ever watched Drifters? Which is basically the female and slightly older version of inbetweeners? I watched some t'other night and found it to be lolzs :eyebrows:Hawt chavvy burds, eh. Looks like that could be a good shout cos funny stuff is something I don't have much of to watch.
I've never seen it, or heard of it, but I've been living on downloads of recommendations that you gave me in the before time, so it's hardly surprising.

manker
11-02-2016, 06:25 PM

Any chances you switched browsers since then? This functionality also depends on that. For example, Alt+S never worked for me on Opera, but Ctrl+B/I/U apply text formatting just fine.I think I've mainly used the fawx. I remember using Opera for a while when SnnY told me it was good.
I persevered with it for about a year 'cos I thought I might have been missing something cool, but it really wasn't very good.

I thought it stopping working was something to do with the board software being updated. From IPB to VB or some other acronyms I'm only dimly aware of.

manker
11-02-2016, 06:32 PM
See, I'd have to swipe left (or right, whichever is 'FUCK NO' on Grindr, I'm not familiar) because he literally says 'I'm a bloke' right under the pic.

The label is how I learned, and I cropped to highlight that. Why else did you think I showed it?

I'm sure you make careful choices on grinder because you need someone who can keep a secret, but that's your prerogative. You'd think I'd take time to read, but I say no enough without having to critique introductions. Most times, it's just a bunch of Japanese gibberish. I barely bothered to register introductions when I was swiping away in the states because they're so mundane.

You leave my lady alone, boy. Nevermind, you can have herm. On further review, it's the presumptive tone and excess makeup that would push this one left, so I wouldn't even have to process how to choreograph the sword fights.Well, now, there we have it. I've always wondered.
Your predilection toward hot cock action may have a lot to do with the frenetic menagerie of females strewn in your international wake.

I did know that you'd seen the label and why you posted it. I just wanted to say some stuff about what I'd do for some reason.
My fingers oft times take me to unbidden places. Those places are mostly metaphoric, though.

mjmacky
11-03-2016, 08:26 AM
Your predilection toward hot cock action may have a lot to do with the frenetic menagerie of females strewn in your international wake.

Young, cute, furry pussy is all I actually crave, but it will have to wait until I move into a place that lets me have pets, who can easily access the outside.

Barbarossa
11-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Well it's all kicking off today, innit.

mjmacky
11-03-2016, 03:28 PM
After watching episode 5 of Westworld, I think I'm prepared to admit that I was wrong, and that this is not going to turn out to be a great show. I just saw two scenes that tried so hard to manufacture drama or tension, and scenes like those have always turned out to be early warning signs.

Barbarossa
11-03-2016, 04:05 PM
After watching episode 5 of Westworld, I think I'm prepared to admit that I was wrong, and that this is not going to turn out to be a great show. I just saw two scenes that tried so hard to manufacture drama or tension, and scenes like those have always turned out to be early warning signs.

I haven't seen episode 5 yet the app I was watching them on appears to have died on me, but I'm not sure how they're going to keep me interested.

In other news, Aftermath just gets more and more mental.

bonetee
11-03-2016, 06:26 PM
I have to take web programming a bit more seriously .

Mr. Mulder
11-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Staying at a "Premier Inn" right now with the misses and they've got signs up saying don't use "e-cigs" in the room as they set off the fire alarms and we'll fine you £100 ($500,000)

I'm fucking sceptical of this. I've been staying in a lot of hotels recently due to wurk, all over the place and in each one of them I've vaped my dick off. Yet this one hotel says something bad will happen if I do. But the fire alarms do look quite new :eyebrows: shirely if I do it with a towel over my head it won't do anything? Also, that's what she said?? :unsure:

scout
11-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Talking about tobacco . i thought i almost quit yesterday.Continues to smoke as we speak right now

mjmacky
11-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Staying at a "Premier Inn" right now with the misses and they've got signs up saying don't use "e-cigs" in the room as they set off the fire alarms and we'll fine you £100 ($500,000)

I'm fucking sceptical of this. I've been staying in a lot of hotels recently due to wurk, all over the place and in each one of them I've vaped my dick off. Yet this one hotel says something bad will happen if I do. But the fire alarms do look quite new :eyebrows: shirely if I do it with a towel over my head it won't do anything? Also, that's what she said?? :unsure:

Some types of alarms can be set off by steam from a shower, so it depends. As long as you don't blow a huge douche cloud anywhere near a thing that looks like an alarm, you should be fine. That douche cloud should quickly dissipate enough such that it wouldn't trigger any type of optical or conductivity alarm.

Mr. Mulder
11-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Sounds like you're asking me to lay down and die, Sir! :snooty:

Barbarossa
11-04-2016, 08:41 AM
We stayed at a Travel Lodge up at Alton Towers. Get you with your Premier Inn... :snooty:

Macky is right - there were warning signs not to shower with the door open because the steam could set the alarms off, so I guess by that logic you would be safe enough vaping in the shower with the door closed :unsure:

We complained about the room though and got a partial refund. A previous guest had doctored the bathroom mirror so that when it steamed up there was a depiction of a massive cawk and bawls displayed on it.

Quite funny really, but pretty hard to explain to a 7 year old :pinch:

manker
11-04-2016, 09:53 AM
I've seen those signs and sucked on my electric fag regardless, nothing happened.
If it did, my plan was to say that I don't own any vaping paraphernalia so their equipment must be faulty.

I don't think hotel staff have the authority to strip search you yet but if we leave the EU they might. So my plan might only be good for not less than 18 months.

megabyteme
11-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Protip: if the alarm goes off from vaping, quickly set fire to the bed to avoid the fine.

Barbarossa
11-04-2016, 03:21 PM
First episode of Season 3 of Black Mirror was spot-on superb. Second one... not so much.

Will watch a couple more tonight and let you know how it goes.

bonetee
11-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Most of these new shows sucks cock meat sandwich

megabyteme
11-04-2016, 04:56 PM
First episode of Season 3 of Black Mirror was spot-on superb. Second one... not so much.

Will watch a couple more tonight and let you know how it goes.

I have good hopes for that continued series. Excited to see the first episode, which I *may* have already downloaded (hypothetically).

JPaul
11-04-2016, 06:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pySjgqKQAGY

JPaul
11-04-2016, 06:45 PM
http://www.419eater.com/html/booked.htm

mjmacky
11-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Most of these new shows sucks cock meat sandwich
They're usually called chicken sandwiches.

mjmacky
11-04-2016, 07:02 PM
Sounds like you're asking me to lay down and die, Sir! :snooty:
Die on your feet, like a real man, or be a total wimp and keep living.

By the way, I wasn't saying you were a douche for wrapping your tender lips around those little e-fags, but rather I was referring to the obnoxiously large, concentrated clouds, which would be more likely to trigger a smoke detector. I appropriated douche as an adjective instead of saying obnoxiously large because I had referenced shower steam. It all fits together perfectly in my mind, you venereal juice gargler.

megabyteme
11-05-2016, 01:43 AM
I'll take the stand that e-cigs are, in fact, douchy. Or at least bring out the douche in those already carrying the gene.

mjmacky
11-05-2016, 07:06 AM
I'll take the stand that e-cigs are, in fact, douchy. Or at least bring out the douche in those already carrying the gene.

I was messing with them for a little while before I left the ex, so by default, I can't say speak ill of the practice. I ordered polyethylene glycol from China and was mixing it with various flavors and levels of nicotine. It was equally unsatisfying with nicotine as it was without, so I eventually gave up on it. The biggest issue I was having is that I couldn't find flavors like charcoal and mesquite BBQ, and I never really felt it in my throat while puffing the same way I'd feel toxic smoke from the real thing. So, I just stuck to rolling my own cigarettes.

I have been keeping the habit in Japan, though I smoke a lot less now because there's no smoking in the apartment.

manker
11-05-2016, 02:31 PM
http://www.419eater.com/html/booked.htmAll the way through I was through I was thinking; 'This dick of a Nigerian is going to get his face cut off because this English twat thinks he's funny'.

Since you brought them up, I'd never read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books up until last year, and was looking forward to doing so.
The first was okay, but shit. I mean it vaguely qualified as an unbad way to pass the time. The other four were shockingly bad. Without doubt the worst series of books I've ever read.

I don't know if they're critically acclaimed, I would imagine so, but everyone I speak to thinks they're fantastic. Even if they haven't read them.
My conclusion, based on my taste alone, is that HGttG is the emperor's new clothes of sci-fi.

JPaul
11-05-2016, 03:20 PM
http://www.419eater.com/html/booked.htmAll the way through I was through I was thinking; 'This dick of a Nigerian is going to get his face cut off because this English twat thinks he's funny'.

Since you brought them up, I'd never read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books up until last year, and was looking forward to doing so.
The first was okay, but shit. I mean it vaguely qualified as an unbad way to pass the time. The other four were shockingly bad. Without doubt the worst series of books I've ever read.

I don't know if they're critically acclaimed, I would imagine so, but everyone I speak to thinks they're fantastic. Even if they haven't read them.
My conclusion, based on my taste alone, is that HGttG is the emperor's new clothes of sci-fi.

JPaul
11-05-2016, 03:26 PM

manker
11-05-2016, 03:57 PM
:eyebrows:

Jethuth cwithe, thank fook we scored a try.
It's obviously a bad thing if I stay in for an international, we're getting twatted and Halfpenny can't land a kick.

Been getting a lot of esoteric messages from various gods recently, this time it's loud and clear:
I should be getting mankered with the Babycham each and every time Wales play rugby.

manker
11-05-2016, 04:01 PM

172740Maybe they go better with apple.

JPaul
11-05-2016, 04:12 PM
172740Maybe they go better with apple.

I've no idea, I've only ever listened to the original (radio) play. The idea of converting that to a novel just seems mental to me.

manker
11-05-2016, 04:19 PM
I didn't know that was what happened.
Well. The converting went poorly. The 'humour' often made me cringe :earl:

JPaul
11-05-2016, 04:34 PM
I've often wondered why people think reading Shakeapeare's plays is in some way superior to say watching it as a fillum.

It's a play FFS, go and see it performed, and if you can't go and see a good fillum version.

It's what it was written as.

Not that they have all been made it's fillums, but a lot have.

Caballero
11-05-2016, 05:23 PM

I guess that means you really don't care for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency? :)

--> http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/tv/x264720/184786-Dirk-Gentlys-Holistic-Detective-Agency-S01E01-REPACK-720p-HDTV-x264-KILLERS

--> http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/tv/x264720/185003-Dirk-Gentlys-Holistic-Detective-Agency-S01E02-720p-HDTV-x264-KILLERS

Mr. Mulder
11-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Just got home now after 7 hours of traveling :emo: I've been to Colchester zoo. It was the misseses christmas present 2015, an animal experience thing where she got to hand feed a sloth. This was the earliest we could book it lyke as they're apparently popular.

It was pretty shit for me. I hate zoos because I've been dragged to almost all of them. She loved it. She got to go into the sloth cage and shove some leaves in its idiot mouth for 20 minutes whilst I stood on the other side taking pics. She also got a "free" keyring and a £7.50 lunch voucher :smilie4: I had to pay for mine, I had a massive hotdog and a capaccino which came to £89,000000.

All in all, it was an expensive trip to feed a retard monkey. Trains, hotels, food etc. I think this year I'll just get her a new wash cloth or a sock.

In other news, I've been watching Oz. That merkin prison drama from the late 90s. Its great. I watched a few of them as a child but can't remember stuffs. My sky tellybawcks has them all on it, almost finished season 1. No 19 year old spoilers but in the last episode I watched a man knocked another man to the ground, put a bench over him and shat in his mouth. Great stuff.

chalice
11-05-2016, 05:24 PM

Sup, hotshot. Sent you an email(s). Did you get them/it?

manker
11-05-2016, 05:40 PM
I've often wondered why people think reading Shakeapeare's plays is in some way superior to say watching it as a fillum.

It's a play FFS, go and see it performed, and if you can't go and see a good fillum version.

It's what it was written as.

Not that they have all been made it's fillums, but a lot have.My other niece is getting into actism. Doing a BTEC in drama.
She's also working part time in Domino's, which may portend to her future rather more. I tutored her in GCSE maths, she got a D.

They say those that can, do, and those that can't, teach. Well, I can do GCSE maths fairly easily, but fucked if I could teach her how to do it and remember it.
What chance has someone got who can't do GCSE maths, eh. Stupid idiom.

I digress but I've been to see a few plays that she's been in (and a few where I haven't spotted her the entire time).
The Shakespeare plays have definitely been better than the indecipherable prose I remember haltingly reading aloud in school. Might have been something to do with all the 17 year old burds dressed in sheets, mind.

manker
11-05-2016, 05:45 PM

Sup, hotshot. Sent you an email(s). Did you get them/it?Yep, just looked and there are two from you. Very much obliged to you, sir.
I'll definitely be having a wade through that attachment :]

manker
11-05-2016, 05:49 PM

I guess that means you really don't care for Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency? :)

--> http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/tv/x264720/184786-Dirk-Gentlys-Holistic-Detective-Agency-S01E01-REPACK-720p-HDTV-x264-KILLERS

--> http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/tv/x264720/185003-Dirk-Gentlys-Holistic-Detective-Agency-S01E02-720p-HDTV-x264-KILLERSAre you the one who keeps telling my Kindle app that I want to read that, presumably, tepid pile of spluff residue.
It probably thinks it's being helpful but I'd rather get pegged by mary and her furry entourage.

chalice
11-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Sup, hotshot. Sent you an email(s). Did you get them/it?Yep, just looked and there are two from you. Very much obliged to you, sir.
I'll definitely be having a wade through that attachment :]

Good good.

manker
11-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Also replied with some words.

manker
11-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Just got home now after 7 hours of traveling :emo: I've been to Colchester zoo. It was the misseses christmas present 2015, an animal experience thing where she got to hand feed a sloth. This was the earliest we could book it lyke as they're apparently popular.

It was pretty shit for me. I hate zoos because I've been dragged to almost all of them. She loved it. She got to go into the sloth cage and shove some leaves in its idiot mouth for 20 minutes whilst I stood on the other side taking pics. She also got a "free" keyring and a £7.50 lunch voucher :smilie4: I had to pay for mine, I had a massive hotdog and a capaccino which came to £89,000000.

All in all, it was an expensive trip to feed a retard monkey. Trains, hotels, food etc. I think this year I'll just get her a new wash cloth or a sock.

In other news, I've been watching Oz. That merkin prison drama from the late 90s. Its great. I watched a few of them as a child but can't remember stuffs. My sky tellybawcks has them all on it, almost finished season 1. No 19 year old spoilers but in the last episode I watched a man knocked another man to the ground, put a bench over him and shat in his mouth. Great stuff.Still think you need to devise a way to get her a garden. If only there was a way to buy a present for someone to do something that you didn't also have to do. I feel your pain, I've been to see musicals.
Although the Green Day one was great, to be fair.

What kind of similar thing does she do for you that she doesn't really like but that you think is fantastic :naughty: :unsure:

chalice
11-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Also replied with some words.

Thank you for that. I'm sweet to the beat momentarily. I tend to fluctuate, though, like squids and hair styles.

Regarding the book, yes, it's hella daunting, knowing what I know of his previous written word endeavours and the anticipation of this beast, purportedly his magnum opus. So the expectation has kinda ruined it. He had trumpeted at its inception that it would reach a million words. It did, he didn't lie. It's just been normalised for the masses via a very probably necessary editorial regime.

I mourn the missing 400,000 words, but what are you gonna do.

JPaul
11-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Mrs JP (and others) once spent a night drinking with a chap she had only been introduced to as Douglas.

They had to part company as they were told they had to go through for the speech, an unfortunate addition to the free bar. They all agreed to return to the bar afterwards, hoping the intervening period wasn't too boring.

She was predictably surprised when Douglas Adams was introduced to give said speech.

Fortunately he started by telling Mrs JP that he would try not to make it too boring and that they could compare notes afterwards.

True Story.

chalice
11-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Mrs JP (and others) once spent a night drinking with a chap she had only been introduced to as Douglas.

They had to part company as they were told they had to go through for the speech, an unfortunate addition to the free bar. They all agreed to return to the bar afterwards, hoping the intervening period wasn't too boring.

She was predictably surprised when Douglas Adams was introduced to give said speech.

Fortunately he started by telling Mrs JP that he would try not to make it too boring and that they could compare notes afterwards.

True Story.

Class.

JPaul
11-05-2016, 06:28 PM

True Story.

Class.

It was even more class when she told me the story the following morning, adding that she had got me signed copies of all of the books.

I, reasonably I thought, asked where they were. To which she replied something like "I have absolutely no idea".

I then inquired, again perfectly reasonably to my mind, "Why the feck did you tell me that part then".

How we laughed.

Another True Story.

chalice
11-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Ha. Double class. Though it's not that funny. That poor genius is dead now.

JPaul
11-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Nah, she's still alive and well mate.

Did I tell you she finished her Open Uni thing. Got a BSc (Hons), first class no less.

At least we know where the wean gets it from.

chalice
11-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Triple class to the max.

manker
11-06-2016, 08:16 PM

Did I tell you she finished her Open Uni thing. Got a BSc (Hons), first class no less.

At least we know where the wean gets it from.Was it the milkman.

I used to chide my sister that she was the fruit of our milkman's loins because she's my younger sister, I imagine everyone does that kind of thing.
Fairly recently, my Mam told me that the milkman had sadly died. I asked my sister how she was bearing up and she shot me a look of pure hatred.
I gave the universal shrug for 'what the fuck did I do?' and went on with my Sunday dinner.
Later the same day it was explained to me that she got really upset each time I said it and actually believed it for a time.

My sister, I mean, my mother always suspected that I was winding her up, one assumes.
Point is that they waited to clue me into the havoc I was wreaking until during my fourth decade on the planet. So I'm basically blameless.

Something Else
11-06-2016, 09:55 PM
How is Womanker, or is it Mankita, or Mankini. I forget.

manker
11-06-2016, 11:41 PM
It's manketté, I guess as homage to Pierre the milk. Yeah, she's doing well after the counseling and all.
I'll tell her you asked.

Barbarossa
11-07-2016, 09:23 AM

JPaul
11-07-2016, 09:05 PM

At least we know where the wean gets it from.Was it the milkman.

I used to chide my sister that she was the fruit of our milkman's loins because she's my younger sister, I imagine everyone does that kind of thing.
Fairly recently, my Mam told me that the milkman had sadly died. I asked my sister how she was bearing up and she shot me a look of pure hatred.
I gave the universal shrug for 'what the fuck did I do?' and went on with my Sunday dinner.
Later the same day it was explained to me that she got really upset each time I said it and actually believed it for a time.

My sister, I mean, my mother always suspected that I was winding her up, one assumes.
Point is that they waited to clue me into the havoc I was wreaking until during my fourth decade on the planet. So I'm basically blameless.

:lol::earl:, torturing a sibling ftw.

In other considerations, we don't actually have a milkman, I'm trying to think back to about 19 years ago to remember if we had one then.

megabyteme
11-08-2016, 02:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFRmKTtE4lU

megabyteme
11-08-2016, 02:21 AM
There's hope for the future...

"Some people think they are smart...but they are really stupid."- My daughter, unsolicited, just moments ago. :happy:

That's my girl!

mjmacky
11-08-2016, 03:25 AM

"Some people think they are smart...but they are really stupid."- My daughter, unsolicited, just moments ago. :happy:

That's my girl!

I take that you asked her to do something, then you tried to cleverly justify why she should do it, and that was her reply.

shaina
11-08-2016, 06:59 AM
That's my girl!

Canada has posted all over the web that they are beefing up the borders just in case Trump wins and Americans try to flee in droves :idunno:

And the Canadian Snowbirds getting ready to head to Florida, the Zika Virus is not there biggest concern :fear:

And see if you can answer this Meg...

If Trump starts taxing Free-Trade countries, or you add American manufactures, now you walk into Walmart or Target and try to buy underwear and it cost you $40(that you use to be able to buy for $5), what does that do to your pocketbook??
Do you think Trump can use his magic wand and close up Car Plants in Canada and move them to the US??
How about the Toyota Plant(also makes Lexus cars) we have in Cambridge Ontario (wow, are they not Japanese Cars!!), that is fully automated and they don't even need to have the lights on to make cars :O
I think they have figured out that investing in automation and removing Unions and Workman's Compensation is a wee bit more efficient..
That is the Future of Car Manufactures...

It really amazed me that Trump picks up a baby brings him to the podium, and says here is the future Construction worker instead of saying here is our future Doctor/Entrepreneur or maybe the next Governor of State??
I didn't understand that one bit, no matter where you live in the Country??

And hitting a subject we talked about a long time back about Pro Choice, do you think the government should have any say in that??

And to let you know the Trump Tower in Toronto is Bankrupt (and he never owned it just his name licensing), plus i would really luv to see his taxes for real:)

megabyteme
11-08-2016, 09:17 AM

You did see that video I posted was a spoof, right?

I cannot bring myself to vote for either. They are both horrid, I refuse to partake.

Caballero
11-08-2016, 02:04 PM

I cannot bring myself to vote for either. They are both horrid, I refuse to partake.

If you don't play the game you have no right to criticize the result.

Barbarossa
11-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Can I have your vote please?
Although I'm not a US citizen it appears I give more of a shit than you do about the world so it seems only fair.

I'll message you :smilie4:

manker
11-08-2016, 02:14 PM

If you don't play the game you have no right to criticize the result.I don't subscribe to that. Not voting in what is essentially a two party system certainly registers your malcontent.
It may not be the most effective way of doing so, however, and it may also indicate the superlative comfort mbm's couch provides, but he's still entitled to subsequently bitch about the lack of options.
This is America, dangnabbit.

megabyteme
11-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Quotes on the lesser of two evils...

http://www.azquotes.com/quotes/topics/lesser-of-two-evils.html

I cannot bring myself to *support* either.

mjmacky
11-08-2016, 02:30 PM
You have to consider that everyone is unable to vote in the 49 states that brought them their nominees, and some can only vote among their own party in their state.

Despite the shit choices, there's always a reason to vote. When you avoid the booth that day, there are other positions and issues up for grabs that you're also neglecting. If you have no idea what's on the ballot, it's probably good that you're staying home. However, the right thing to do is spend at a least a half a day examining your ballot, which can be found online, and then going out and voting on all of it.

EDIT: I've been parroting this every election since the first time I ever voted; I had no idea what I was walking into casting my first ballot. I try to also be helpful, and I put this together for sharing on Facebook a couple years ago regarding the 2014 gubernatorial election, tailored to my region.

I sized it to be mostly illegible here because that's not the point of showing it now.

I have no locale now and I don't plan on ever voting in the US again, so that's now behind me.

megabyteme
11-08-2016, 02:34 PM
If I am feeling particularly malcontent later, I may let my 6 y/o twins fill out our two ballots. My son with Down's is just as capable of choosing intelligently as anyone involved in narrowing down the candidates to this fucking point...

megabyteme
11-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Despite the shit choices, there's always a reason to vote. When you avoid the booth that day, there are other positions and issues up for grabs that you're also neglecting. If you have no idea what's on the ballot, it's probably good that you're staying home. However, the right thing to do is spend at a least a half a day examining your ballot, which can be found online, and then going out and voting on all of it.

Yes, regardless of my cynicism and disgust, I have two ballots here. Issues that I have a valid opinion in will be properly filled out.

manker
11-08-2016, 02:44 PM
I sized it to be mostly illegible here because that's not the point of showing it now.Hoi, cock, I want to read it.
The phrase 'objectively biased' made me choke on a Dorito :earl:

Also, what does this mean? "You have to consider that everyone is unable to vote in the 49 states that brought them their nominees, and some can only vote among their own party in their state."
It seems mental.

mjmacky
11-08-2016, 02:56 PM
I sized it to be mostly illegible here because that's not the point of showing it now.Hoi, cock, I want to read it.

Also, what does this mean? "You have to consider that everyone is unable to vote in the 49 states that brought them their nominees, and some can only vote among their own party in their state."
It seems mental.

Objectively biased, meaning I don't hide my bias and it could be clearly seen, which is a good thing, but all of the analysis was limited to space, which is a bad thing. I'm not a fan of subversive bias in political commentary.

Other question: the primaries and caucuses are an important part of the election, but you can only vote in your state. In some states, you'd have to be registered as a democrat or republican to vote on a nominee (closed primary). This means that it's hard to feel like one contributes anything in deciding which candidates come to the fore, because it's you in your state, which has it's own rules in determining delegates, and it just gets more convoluted from there. I would have liked Bernie Sanders as the Democratic nominee, but Hillary is just fine given the alternative. Context, you know.

Lastly, are you serious that you want to read it? Like, I'm thinking you're probably serious about wanting to read about local politicians in a two-year old state election because you are, in fact, an accountant. I have a PDF

manker
11-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Hoi, cock, I want to read it.

It seems mental.

Objectively biased, meaning I don't hide my bias and it could be clearly seen, which is a good thing, but all of the analysis was limited to space, which is a bad thing. I'm not a fan of subversive bias in political commentary.

Other question: the primaries and caucuses are an important part of the election, but you can only vote in your state. In some states, you'd have to be registered as a democrat or republican to vote on a nominee (closed primary). This means that it's hard to feel like one contributes anything in deciding which candidates come to the fore, because it's you in your state, which has it's own rules in determining delegates, and it just gets more convoluted from there. I would have liked Bernie Sanders as the Democratic nominee, but Hillary is just fine given the alternative. Context, you know.

Lastly, are you serious that you want to read it? Like, I'm thinking you're probably serious about wanting to read about local politicians in a two-year old state election because you are, in fact, an accountant. I have a PDFYeah, for the reason that it's posted but I can't read it.
Like if you'd said; 'anyone want to read about my local politicians in a two-year old state election?' I probably wouldn't have, but now ... .
Gmail, dewd.

Thanks for the middle paragraph. It makes it more clear. The political process over there is something of a mystery to me.

Objectively biased means that the author of the phrase either doesn't know what objective means or has misinterpreted the word biased. In short it's an oxymoron.
Overtly biased is what I think you mean.

mjmacky
11-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Objectively biased means that the author of the phrase either doesn't know what objective means or has misinterpreted the word biased. In short it's an oxymoron.

Overtly works, yes, but I went with objectively as opposed to subjectively biased, where the bias is only in the eye of the beholder. It's the nature of political discourse these days in the US, where everyone screams bias at each other as if it's a crucial point.

manker
11-08-2016, 03:41 PM

Overtly works, yes, but I went with objectively as opposed to subjectively biased, where the bias is only in the eye of the beholder. It's the nature of political discourse these days in the US, where everyone screams bias at each other as if it's a crucial point.
Okay more words but it's still not objectively biased though, is it.
I mean, it can't be :blink:

manker
11-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Damn, your face just popped up on my phone, with it's long-ish hair and rotund cheeks, telling me to enjoy my next toilet adventure.
Freaky deaky.

mjmacky
11-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Damn, your face just popped up on my phone, with it's long-ish hair and rotund cheeks, telling me to enjoy my next toilet adventure.
Freaky deaky.

What did you do, select your favorite picture of me or something? Enjoy the fap session I guess.

Barbarossa
11-08-2016, 04:03 PM
Freaky deaky.

Which way did you swipe? :unsure:

manker
11-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Freaky deaky.

Which way did you swipe? :unsure:From front to back, not that it's any of your business though you filthy scatologist.

manker
11-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Freaky deaky.

What did you do, select your favorite picture of me or something? Enjoy the fap session I guess.Your Google+ profile pic pops up to greet me when you email.
It's my email client's doing as my favourite pic of you is the one where you're reclining on the hood of a Buick or something.

manker
11-08-2016, 04:11 PM

mjmacky
11-08-2016, 04:16 PM

Ah hahahaha

1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

edit: and that would be the trunk (boot?)

mjmacky
11-08-2016, 04:22 PM
Oh wait, I'm not sure if I shared that here. Also, I just realized that you may have access to me entire fucking catalog. Forget chills, I think I just got scoliosis.

manker
11-08-2016, 04:37 PM
:naughty:

Pretty sure you did share it here. It's not as if I'd go through your G+ and save pics I like.

manker
11-08-2016, 04:38 PM
:eyebrows:

mjmacky
11-08-2016, 05:27 PM
:naughty:

Pretty sure you did share it here. It's not as if I'd go through your G+ and save pics I like.
If I understand correctly, you're saying that's exactly what you've been doing, right?

You naturally went for the younger version of me because you are subconsciously imagining the massive sperm count.

manker
11-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Fairly sure I got them from here but anything is possible.
Btw, I'm not sure how a massive sperm count would be a sexually-attractive trait to anyone but a broody spinster like Squeams, for example.

Plz do teach me the ways of the massive cawk fancier so that I might understand the wanton ways of this wide world.

megabyteme
11-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Anybody got a real Squeams update? I assume she hasn't been murdered and hung on her balustrade...yet...

manker
11-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Anybody got a real Squeams update? I assume she hasn't been murdered and hung on her balustrade...yet...She's good, dude. She might have even got married by now to some new chap who she'd never mentioned on the bored.
I almost know this as I was getting daily updates to my main email account from her facebook until I figured out how to turn them off about 2 years ago.

Caballero
11-08-2016, 06:15 PM
If you don't play the game you have no right to criticize the result.I don't subscribe to that. Not voting in what is essentially a two party system certainly registers your malcontent.
It may not be the most effective way of doing so, however, and it may also indicate the superlative comfort mbm's couch provides, but he's still entitled to subsequently bitch about the lack of options.

Staying home and not voting means that nobody knows what your true intent was, and everyone can interpret your inaction to fit their narrative.

If you don't want to vote for either one, do a write-in campaign for Donald Duck or hand in a blank ballot. At least that way "they" know that you consciously chose neither one.

Something Else
11-08-2016, 06:32 PM
I don't subscribe to that. Not voting in what is essentially a two party system certainly registers your malcontent.

Staying home and not voting means that nobody knows what your true intent was, and everyone can interpret your inaction to fit their narrative.

If you don't want to vote for either one, do a write-in campaign for Donald Duck or hand in a blank ballot. At least that way "they" know that you consciously chose neither one.

Handing in a blank ballot is open to interpretation. You might have been too high, or too slow, or too clever. Who's counting those anyway.

megabyteme
11-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Anybody got a real Squeams update? I assume she hasn't been murdered and hung on her balustrade...yet...She's good, dude. She might have even got married by now to some new chap who she'd never mentioned on the bored.
I almost know this as I was getting daily updates to my main email account from her facebook until I figured out how to turn them off about 2 years ago.

I thought Dave was the only one to ever successfully turn Squeams off. :idunno:

I really wish her the best. She's already had the worst, so it can only be uphill from there. :happy:

mjmacky
11-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Btw, I'm not sure how a massive sperm count would be a sexually-attractive trait to anyone but a broody spinster like Squeams, for example.

It's biology. Youth is associated with fertility, but if you insist on being a straight man despite never using Tinder whilst being familiar with Grinder mechanics, then you were thinking about my ripe eggs.

I might not know how eggs work.

JPaul
11-08-2016, 07:36 PM

Handing in a blank ballot is open to interpretation. You might have been too high, or too slow, or too clever. Who's counting those anyway.

In other words, if you don't do anything to it is it actually spoilt.

I suppose if you do everything for it then it is spoiled.

Are spolied and spoilt real words, they don't look like it.

JPaul
11-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Squeems, is that the one who hooked up with a hun.

JPaul
11-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Background, Lord Drummond Young, one of the Court of Session Judges who upheld HMRC's appeal against the Rangers Tax case is going to do a talk on the decision. Obviously aimed at adders and lawists.

I copy this from a hun forum, it's actually quite measured but it ends geniously.

"I work in tax for a big 4 accountancy firm and get access to these sessions for free as part of my membership of the CIOT. It's common place to discuss ongoing cases in the profession as our clients want to discuss things that might potentially affect their business. These cases can set precedents and businesses need to be prepared to make changes to their processes. Therefore it's not uncommon to discuss ongoing cases at these events.

What I would say is that it's weird for a judge who heard an appeal on a case that is still ongoing to discuss his findings publicly. I've never heard of it happening so would be interested to know the lethalities of it."

shaina
11-09-2016, 04:10 AM

Yes I knew that Meg, Do you see what is going on here!!

Trump is going to be your new President!!

Holy Shit!!!

Caballero
11-09-2016, 06:31 AM
God help us all.

megabyteme
11-09-2016, 07:17 AM
Fuck.

I could not bring myself to support the Cunt, but I didn't expect the Lunatic to win...

Skiz
11-09-2016, 07:50 AM
Is this real life?

manker
11-09-2016, 08:06 AM
My eldest is 12, he's asked me a couple of important questions in the last few months.
"Hey, dad. Who is going to win the brexit referendum?" and then last night; "Hey, dad. Trump isn't going to win, is he?"

I answered incorrectly, but with full confidence in my assertion, on both. The first time we both slept soundly. Last night I stayed up all night watching the carnage.
He now thinks I know nothing about politics. I'm absolutely sure that anything I think I know about politics actually counts as minus knowledge.

How are these vile people, Trump, Gove, Farage, garnering massive public approval. It can't all be Isis.

Skiz
11-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Well at least he can sleep soundly knowing the monster isn't under the bed but rather across the pond.

Skiz
11-09-2016, 08:11 AM
Britain: omg brexit is the dumbest most self destructive thing a country could ever do to itself!

America: Hold my beer...

manker
11-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Britain: omg brexit is the dumbest most self destructive thing a country could ever do to itself!

America: Hold my beer...:glag: :lol:
Fucking exactly. That's what it is. We're all drunk and in the midst of a transatlantic game of forfeit based beer pong.

megabyteme
11-09-2016, 08:26 AM

America: Hold my beer...

This is PURE gold. :cheers:

Gribley
11-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Shite, Donald will be 'interesting' for the rest of the world but at least no Jap flag once a month I guess

manker
11-09-2016, 08:52 AM
Shite, Donald will be 'interesting' for the rest of the world but at least no Jap flag once a month I guess:eyebrows:
Is that a euphemism for menstruation, or have you run mad.

mjmacky
11-09-2016, 08:53 AM
These effects spill over. The only thing we can hope is that he is the purest form of demagogue there is, and that he didn't actually mean any of the fucking things he said: This includes jailing the opposition, blacklisting the media, rounding up immigrants, convert the states of the union into police states, and do you really need a longer list?

We'd also hope that he tries to do absolutely nothing to with respect to economic policies. He's actually shit at money, and we don't need him mashing his tiny orange dick against the leg of the global economy.

Is this what optimism is, or is it just pure fucking naive fantasy?

manker
11-09-2016, 09:09 AM
These effects spill over. The only thing we can hope is that he is the purest form of demagogue there is, and that he didn't actually mean any of the fucking things he said: This includes jailing the opposition, blacklisting the media, rounding up immigrants, convert the states of the union into police states, and do you really need a longer list?

We'd also hope that he tries to do absolutely nothing to with respect to economic policies. He's actually shit at money, and we don't need him mashing his tiny orange dick against the leg of the global economy.

He went to great pains to distance himself, or at least not repeat, any of the more bonkers things he said about stuff during the middle to latter part of this crusade.
It won't be the first time pre-election pledges have been lost to the ether. He's got actual politicians around him to do the thinking so your pure demagogue shout seems like a decent one.

He will of course demand certain things of the economy, I think I said before that getting the $ strong will be something he'll do. Not because he knows how to do it, but because he'll demand that his staff sacrifice anything to attain the target. It'll be a bad thing for the UK, but good for you guys, overall.

That's right, I'm calling your pure naive fantasy and wopping my own delusional rapture on the green felt table.

Barbarossa
11-09-2016, 09:13 AM
My eldest is 12, he's asked me a couple of important questions in the last few months.
"Hey, dad. Who is going to win the brexit referendum?" and then last night; "Hey, dad. Trump isn't going to win, is he?"

I answered incorrectly, but with full confidence in my assertion, on both. The first time we both slept soundly. Last night I stayed up all night watching the carnage.
He now thinks I know nothing about politics. I'm absolutely sure that anything I think I know about politics actually counts as minus knowledge.

How are these vile people, Trump, Gove, Farage, garnering massive public approval. It can't all be Isis.

Broke the news to my daughter this morning. Her reply:-

"Why do all votes go a different way to what I want?"

Didn't have an answer. :(

Other than, "That's democracy - suck it up, buttercup".

mjmacky
11-09-2016, 09:31 AM

He went to great pains to distance himself, or at least not repeat, any of the more bonkers things he said about stuff during the middle to latter part of this crusade.
It won't be the first time pre-election pledges have been lost to the ether. He's got actual politicians around him to do the thinking so your pure demagogue shout seems like a decent one.

He will of course demand certain things of the economy, I think I said before that getting the $ strong will be something he'll do. Not because he knows how to do it, but because he'll demand that his staff sacrifice anything to attain the target. It'll be a bad thing for the UK, but good for you guys, overall.

That's right, I'm calling your pure naive fantasy and wopping my own delusional rapture on the green felt table.

That could be reassuring, but I actually had a bigger concern. He was raised up by the alt right, and now he just got himself elected. This is just going to empower the alt right, and by empower I mean legitimize. When it's more legitimized, more money flows to the cause, which then allows more money to flow into lobbying efforts in support of their agendas. These consequences will be long lasting. Clinton would have needed to crush Trump in the general election in order to curb the alt right's rise, at least that's what I think, and I would have been saying the same thing even if she won by a small margin. This has really been one fucked up election cycle.

mjmacky
11-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Hey girl, that dress looks good on you, but it would look even better when you wear it to file our marriage papers so I can stay in Japan the next 4 years.

manker
11-09-2016, 09:47 AM

Broke the news to my daughter this morning. Her reply:-

"Why do all votes go a different way to what I want?"

Didn't have an answer. :(

Other than, "That's democracy - suck it up, buttercup".Democracy is sucking hard
It's pretty ironic that we're pinning our remain hopes on this guy and his unelected mates

manker
11-09-2016, 10:02 AM

That could be reassuring, but I actually had a bigger concern. He was raised up by the alt right, and now he just got himself elected. This is just going to empower the alt right, and by empower I mean legitimize. When it's more legitimized, more money flows to the cause, which then allows more money to flow into lobbying efforts in support of their agendas. These consequences will be long lasting. Clinton would have needed to crush Trump in the general election in order to curb the alt right's rise, at least that's what I think, and I would have been saying the same thing even if she won by a small margin. This has really been one fucked up election cycle.It has, and I agree with you that this was an election where the right had to be crushed.
You're in for quite a few cycles of Republican domination, one would think.

What I've noticed, though, is that these things pan out to be rather better than were feared initially. Save for relatively few specialist businesses, the UK economy remains unchanged so far, for example.
The left's rhetoric hyperbole will soon fade and we're then left with the same basically sensible people running things in Congress and the House of Representatives who just so happen to eat babies in their spare time. Living in America won't be that different, foreign policy won't be wildly altered, we will continue to be massively annoyed by anything that comes out of Trump's mouth. He'll probably piss off several dignitaries in various countries around the world and then a faceless child-eater will smooth it over with cash or favours. It's just a shame about the guns.

manker
11-09-2016, 10:32 AM

mjmacky
11-09-2016, 11:01 AM
That could be reassuring, but I actually had a bigger concern. He was raised up by the alt right, and now he just got himself elected. This is just going to empower the alt right, and by empower I mean legitimize. When it's more legitimized, more money flows to the cause, which then allows more money to flow into lobbying efforts in support of their agendas. These consequences will be long lasting. Clinton would have needed to crush Trump in the general election in order to curb the alt right's rise, at least that's what I think, and I would have been saying the same thing even if she won by a small margin. This has really been one fucked up election cycle.It has, and I agree with you that this was an election where the right had to be crushed.
You're in for quite a few cycles of Republican domination, one would think.

What I've noticed, though, is that these things pan out to be rather better than were feared initially. Save for relatively few specialist businesses, the UK economy remains unchanged so far, for example.
The left's rhetoric hyperbole will soon fade and we're then left with the same basically sensible people running things in Congress and the House of Representatives who just so happen to eat babies in their spare time. Living in America won't be that different, foreign policy won't be wildly altered, we will continue to be massively annoyed by anything that comes out of Trump's mouth. He'll probably piss off several dignitaries in various countries around the world and then a faceless child-eater will smooth it over with cash or favours. It's just a shame about the guns.

Thing is, things are already stacked against immigrants and minorities in the US, and we can still refer to them as minorities with 70% of the ballots belonging to white voters. The US still needs to keep moving forward on those issues to be considered decent or humane, but electing Trump is going to set that back any which way you prognosticate. Well, except in one way. It looks like 3 more states have now legalized the possession of marijuana, in which the criminality has been instrumental in disproportionately jailing the black population.

Barbarossa
11-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue :dabs:

IdolEyes787
11-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Morning, homosexuals. Interwebs have been down because someone cut an underground fibre cable or other lies so I've been out of the loop. Woke up to find out that everything I've imagined to be bad about the majority of Americans seems to be true.

I guess they now have to give up the idea of having moral superiority over 20th century Germany.

PS Meg. See this is what complacency gets you. Not pretty is it?

IdolEyes787
11-09-2016, 02:21 PM
I've had to shorten the distance to the source to get the noise low enough on my modem so it even works, so I'm typing this while lying on the floor. :ermm:

IdolEyes787
11-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Thing is, things are already stacked against immigrants and minorities in the US, and we can still refer to them as minorities with 70% of the ballots belonging to white voters. The US still needs to keep moving forward on those issues to be considered decent or humane, but electing Trump is going to set that back any which way you prognosticate. Well, except in one way. It looks like 3 more states have now legalized the possession of marijuana, in which the criminality has been instrumental in disproportionately jailing the black population.

Nebraska voted to reinstate the death penalty because the Universe has to keep things in balance.

Caballero
11-09-2016, 03:11 PM

Don't kid yourself. Federal law still trumps (hah!) state law, and if DJT (and who are we kidding, policy-wise it's really President Pence now, isn't it?) changed a presidential decree or two and ordered the Justice Department to start prosecutions and crack-downs again, it really doesn't matter much what the states say or do...

Caballero
11-09-2016, 03:16 PM
People keep talking about "The Bubble" that Washington insiders and the New York media supposedly live in. If I am honest with myself, I have to include myself in that bubble, too. A different kind of bubble, but a bubble nonetheless.

This clearly was an election not so much of men against women, or East Coast vs. Midwest or primarily rich vs. poor; this was an election of the urban vs. rural population. I never saw it coming, and even if I think really hard about it, I am struggling to name five friends or people I'd have semi-regular contact with who live in rural areas. The city has become my own personal echo chamber.

Michael Moore has once again become the oracle.

bonetee
11-09-2016, 03:30 PM
trump won:coffee:

Gribley
11-09-2016, 03:39 PM
We should all now play world of tanks and destroy a few countries. I planed a cyber attack but the game doesn`t seem to support a China add-on at the moment

Something Else
11-09-2016, 03:40 PM

-Viz

Gribley
11-09-2016, 03:50 PM
So many things that only the thick as shit would even consider..... Viz is still going then, good for them :)

manker
11-09-2016, 03:56 PM
I've had to shorten the distance to the source to get the noise low enough on my modem so it even works, so I'm typing this while lying on the floor. :ermm:You love us so much.

manker
11-09-2016, 04:09 PM
People keep talking about "The Bubble" that Washington insiders and the New York media supposedly live in. If I am honest with myself, I have to include myself in that bubble, too. A different kind of bubble, but a bubble nonetheless.

This clearly was an election not so much of men against women, or East Coast vs. Midwest or primarily rich vs. poor; this was an election of the urban vs. rural population. I never saw it coming, and even if I think really hard about it, I am struggling to name five friends or people I'd have semi-regular contact with who live in rural areas. The city has become my own personal echo chamber.

Michael Moore has once again become the oracle.Don't be so hard on yourself, who keeps in touch with those aloof and, frankly, odourous rural types anyway.
I certainly don't and I'm Welsh, they're literally a couple of miles away.

When I was poring over the demographics in the small hours, that rural/urban split leapt out at me, too. It's hard to miss.
I had a look at the previous elections and although this year was more pronounced, it's always been kinda like that, I notice.

Looks like she's going to win the popular vote. That's got to mean ... well ... nothing.

Caballero
11-09-2016, 04:26 PM
An election result I don't understand and a new album by Robbie Williams.

This feels very much like 2004 to me.

megabyteme
11-09-2016, 04:57 PM
I've had to shorten the distance to the source to get the noise low enough on my modem so it even works, so I'm typing this while lying on the floor. :ermm:

Only you would stoop sooo low. :dry:

IdolEyes787
11-09-2016, 05:33 PM
I've had to shorten the distance to the source to get the noise low enough on my modem so it even works, so I'm typing this while lying on the floor. :ermm:You love us so much.

Or hate myself so much. The matter is still open to debate.

IdolEyes787
11-09-2016, 05:37 PM
I can't be the only one that got Hitler Youth vibes from that kid standing beside Trump.

manker
11-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Blonde haired & blued eyed kid from brunette parents.
I'm getting an aryan milkman vibe fo' sho'

IdolEyes787
11-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Wisconsin is apparently full of them.

IdolEyes787
11-09-2016, 06:02 PM
On the glass of poison half full side at least we know Real Time and Last Week Tonight are going to be interesting this week.

IdolEyes787
11-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Wouldn't you know that Mulder is on vacation just when my internet needs fixing.

I'm sensing another conspiracy here.

manker
11-09-2016, 06:09 PM
He'd just get under your desk to look up your skirt and switch it on and off again.
Don't think he's gone on holiday, just not going to work. He might have gone to a few zoos though with his missus. They sure do love captive beasts.

megabyteme
11-09-2016, 06:17 PM
The think I find most bizarre out of this is that nobody is coming out and saying how happy they are that they supported him. At least no one has pulled off the white sheets yet...

IdolEyes787
11-09-2016, 06:23 PM
The think I find most bizarre out of this is that nobody is coming out and saying how happy they are that they supported him.

Lots of people are probably saying it. It's just that the left wing media refuses to play it.

IdolEyes787
11-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Sad but true fact. If everything was the same about this election except that Hillary was a man, she/he would have won.

Biggles
11-09-2016, 07:09 PM
I can't be the only one that got Hitler Youth vibes from that kid standing beside Trump.

Damien?

Is Trump even in control of his actions :fear:

JPaul
11-09-2016, 07:57 PM

Casual racism and mild xenophobia are considered acceptable.

I can think of no other reason.

JPaul
11-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Shite, Donald will be 'interesting' for the rest of the world but at least no Jap flag once a month I guess

I forgot to mention a 70's level of sexism

Caballero
11-09-2016, 07:59 PM
True story: random play list on my car stereo just now during lunch break:

Robbie Williams - She's The One
Simon & Garfunkel - America
Bruce Springsteen - Promised Land
Dire Straits - The Man's Too Strong

24 hours ago that would have been prophetic.

Something Else
11-09-2016, 08:32 PM
How could your car stereo predicting you had ghey taste in music be prophetic.

JPaul
11-09-2016, 09:18 PM
If everything on his wireless is ghey he's kind of forcing it's hand.

mjmacky
11-10-2016, 12:08 AM
Well, except in one way. It looks like 3 more states have now legalized the possession of marijuana, in which the criminality has been instrumental in disproportionately jailing the black population.

Nebraska voted to reinstate the death penalty because the Universe has to keep things in balance.

The deathmongers didn't not trick the Nebraskans with a double negative.

Don't kid yourself. Federal law still trumps (hah!) state law, and if DJT (and who are we kidding, policy-wise it's really President Pence now, isn't it?) changed a presidential decree or two and ordered the Justice Department to start prosecutions and crack-downs again, it really doesn't matter much what the states say or do...

That was a concern during the Obama presidency as well. Obama's JD trended toward passing Bush's JD on crackdowns of growing operations, and they may have exceeded it (it's been a while since I last checked in on that). However, with more states providing legal measures, it becomes a larger burden on resources for the justice department, especially since one of those states is now California. Undertaking that initiative can't be done with as little scrutiny as under Bush and Obama.

mjmacky
11-10-2016, 12:21 AM
Finally, as a last takeaway, I cover the third party candidates. I was looking through the breakdowns in some of the states. If votes hadn't been thrown away to Johnson or Stein, neither of whom were ever viable candidates, most of those people would have voted for Clinton and the election would have turned toward her in Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, which would have gotten Clinton the electoral college votes she needed.

I'm making two major assumptions there. I think they're both reasonable assumptions though. As polarizing a figure as Trump has been, you were either definitely going to vote for him or someone else. The other assumption is that they still would have voted knowing they would be casting one for Clinton, and I think that's reasonable because they likely made the trip to their polling place to make conscientious votes on other positions and issues.

I've expelled most of my ire. I think I'm pretty much done with the topic because my disappointment is kind of overwhelming, and I need step away from it. I'd also just be preaching to the choir here.

mjmacky
11-10-2016, 12:24 AM
Meaning, I'm going to just pretend for a little while that this never fucking happened and stay home and play video games. I don't want to go out and get into random conversations with people having to explain to them how this shit just happened like I'm the ambassador of stupid fucking round eyes.

manker
11-10-2016, 09:40 AM
In my stats hunt yesterday, I found it remarkable that there were almost four times the amount of votes cast for minor candidates as last time out. Over six times as many as the time before that.
I imagine that by now much has been made of that, but I reckon that influx of protest votes is more evenly attributed to the distaste of both main candidates than one might initially think.
He'd have won anyway, certainly in Florida, which was key as always.

As polarizing a figure as Trump has been, you were either definitely going to vote for him or someone elseI was either going to comment upon this or do something else.

manker
11-10-2016, 09:47 AM

I forgot to mention a 70's level of sexismOh, it was a reference to a burd having a period. A 69 year old burd. What a hoot.
I thought it may have been a reference to America no longer providing military protection to Japan, since Trump has referenced such a thing, that I was too uninformed to properly understand.

One lives and one learns.

Barbarossa
11-10-2016, 09:51 AM
This quote, if true, is incredible.

20:Tokyo and Seoul should build up nuclear arsenals. He has said Japan and South Korea should not rely on the US so much and would benefit from having their own weapons. Nuclear war between Japan and North Korea may be "terrible" but it would be "pretty quick".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34903577

EDIT: Hmmm, yesterday it was "30 things Trump believes", now it's only 24. What's going on??

manker
11-10-2016, 10:11 AM
This quote, if true, is incredible.

20:Tokyo and Seoul should build up nuclear arsenals. He has said Japan and South Korea should not rely on the US so much and would benefit from having their own weapons. Nuclear war between Japan and North Korea may be "terrible" but it would be "pretty quick".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34903577

EDIT: Hmmm, yesterday it was "30 things Trump believes", now it's only 24. What's going on??I wonder which ones were taken out.

I remember him saying that, it's a real quote. I pondered at the time how this idiot thought statements like that were going to get him votes.

:pinch:

As with a lot on that list, you just have to hope that it was just him spit-balling. That real politicians will block this from becoming an actual policy.
He's said a lot of things should happen. The language used gives an out so many of these statements will just hang there in the background and not come into force - like with the wall and deporting all muslims, for example. Probably.

Barbarossa
11-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Apparently this wall he is going to build is not a real wall but a metaphorical wall. :lol:

I think the wall may be his equivalent of the £350m Brexit bus...

JPaul
11-10-2016, 07:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9RrlXSMkt0

Skiz
11-10-2016, 07:33 PM
In my stats hunt yesterday, I found it remarkable that there were almost four times the amount of votes cast for minor candidates as last time out. Over six times as many as the time before that.
I imagine that by now much has been made of that, but I reckon that influx of protest votes is more evenly attributed to the distaste of both main candidates than one might initially think.

That def plays a role. I'd dare to say that people's like/dislike of primary candidates is the most important factor in choosing a candidate. Few would admit it however. And it's impossible to ignore that the high disapproval ratings (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-distaste-for-both-trump-and-clinton-is-record-breaking/) played a part in sending votes beyond the main two candidates. Another reason may be that despite the rhetoric surrounding Clintrump and the overwhelming amount of polarization they created, they weren't really much different on paper. When you remove the bits that a lot of people focused on (Clinton: woman, first woman president, blah blah) (Trump: controversial immigration, loudmouth, celebrity, orange, blah blah) and just looked at policy, they were almost the same candidate, focused on more war and more protectionist policies. Again I think that just goes to show that it was never about policy with most people, it was about him and her. People don't vote for some thing, they vote against someone.

shaina
11-10-2016, 08:02 PM

That def plays a role. I'd dare to say that people's like/dislike of primary candidates is the most important factor in choosing a candidate. Few would admit it however. And it's impossible to ignore that the high disapproval ratings (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-distaste-for-both-trump-and-clinton-is-record-breaking/) played a part in sending votes beyond the main two candidates. Another reason may be that despite the rhetoric surrounding Clintrump and the overwhelming amount of polarization they created, they weren't really much different on paper. When you remove the bits that a lot of people focused on (Clinton: woman, first woman president, blah blah) (Trump: controversial immigration, loudmouth, celebrity, orange, blah blah) and just looked at policy, they were almost the same candidate, focused on more war and more protectionist policies. Again I think that just goes to show that it was never about policy with most people, it was about him and her. People don't vote for some thing, they vote against someone.

To really debate all this Crap!!

Americans had 2 main nominees to choose from Clinton or Trump!!
Saying you can't choose, or putting someone else's name on your ballad, you should have had enough common sense that you wanted Trump, if not, you are pretty stupid!!
The media and the signs should have told you that the people voting for Trump were diehard and radical for him, so again who every voted for anyone else other than Clinton or Trump...

Welcome your new President elect Trump...

200 Million registered to vote.. Over 100 Million really voted, what happened to the all the people that didn't vote??

Mr. Mulder
11-10-2016, 08:43 PM
I've just gotten home after a few days 'oop north with a broken phone, I trust nothing devastating has happened since Tuesday morning? :eyebrows:

Skiz
11-10-2016, 10:11 PM

To really debate all this Crap!!

Americans had 2 main nominees to choose from Clinton or Trump!!
Saying you can't choose, or putting someone else's name on your ballad, you should have had enough common sense that you wanted Trump, if not, you are pretty stupid!!
The media and the signs should have told you that the people voting for Trump were diehard and radical for him, so again who every voted for anyone else other than Clinton or Trump...

Welcome your new President elect Trump...

200 Million registered to vote.. Over 100 Million really voted, what happened to the all the people that didn't vote??

And there you have it folks^^^ :pinch:

To my point exactly: People don't vote for some thing, they vote against someone.

shaina
11-10-2016, 11:05 PM
And there you have it folks^^^
To my point exactly: People don't vote for some thing, they vote against someone.

Now you have Trump:D

Now i just watched Bernie Sanders agreeing with Trump on some issues(CNN interview with Wolf Blitzer), did he really have enough influence to push his socialist campaign to vote for Clinton, not a bloody chance!!..

If Bernie Sanders, won the Democratic Election, even with his ridiculous (i should say not all) views to make changes in the US, and there is no doubt in my mind that Trump would have had no chance against Sanders, even with a dirty campaign between them...

Watching Fox News Skiz, Trump is the new savior for the US, go on some Web sites, Trump is the new savior, go to the mass Media and News stations, everyone is worried:fear:.
I think before jumping any guns (pardon the pun LOL!!), you will just have to wait and see how drastic he really is or can be on the rhetoric of the campaign..
And really where all the money or replacement ideas he has to fix so called problems, he claims the American people have been loosing there jobs and there is total chaos in the Country so let him fix it. To me it will be the same shit different day, and that is how you get elected..
Pretty much exactly what you are saying

Congrats to Trump being the next president of the superpower USA, and i should add welcoming Russia being your new friend..

Just a Little Note Skiz..

No one here thought that Trudeau here had a chance to be our prime minister of Canada but he is, and other than hearing the Fuck up of Refugees, or occasionally hearing of legalizing Mary Jane (not really much considering that is what got him the votes), and maybe he had a few other Platform changes he said he was going to do, nothing has really change in my province (Ontario), If you think some changes have affected you Idol, you can pipe in, but i have seen none..

And to end... I still can't figure out why between Wiki leaks and the FBI really going after the Democratic party?? Republicans in a whole are not angels :angel_not

Even not asking who you voted for or if you did vote Skiz, if you didn't vote on the ballot for Clinton, i know you are intelligent enough you knew your next president, and that goes for Meg as well...

Edit... Taking a second look at your quote Skiz "People don't vote for some thing, they vote against someone"
You saying that makes me think you have no faith in either platform or the way Trump or Clinton wants your country to go..
If you make a list of both sides and there policies not the crap back and forth, they did have points and platforms, and really that was your choice on what you liked, saying neither one had some good points to lead the country would be inaccurate. It was not the non educated people that had a weak turnout in voting, for the right reasons or the wrong reasons, so excuses don't work in this instance..

I hope you are comfortable with the Trump platform and you have read and understand what he wants to do with the Country moving forward when he is running the White-house:)

Barbarossa
11-11-2016, 08:46 AM
I've just gotten home after a few days 'oop north with a broken phone, I trust nothing devastating has happened since Tuesday morning? :eyebrows:

They've fucked up our Toblerone bars, mate. All this Trump stuff is a diversionary tactic to steer us away from the real issue.

Barbarossa
11-11-2016, 08:47 AM
... and yes, I stole that from Ricky Gervais.

manker
11-11-2016, 09:18 AM

That def plays a role. I'd dare to say that people's like/dislike of primary candidates is the most important factor in choosing a candidate. Few would admit it however. And it's impossible to ignore that the high disapproval ratings (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-distaste-for-both-trump-and-clinton-is-record-breaking/) played a part in sending votes beyond the main two candidates. Another reason may be that despite the rhetoric surrounding Clintrump and the overwhelming amount of polarization they created, they weren't really much different on paper. When you remove the bits that a lot of people focused on (Clinton: woman, first woman president, blah blah) (Trump: controversial immigration, loudmouth, celebrity, orange, blah blah) and just looked at policy, they were almost the same candidate, focused on more war and more protectionist policies. Again I think that just goes to show that it was never about policy with most people, it was about him and her. People don't vote for some thing, they vote against someone.Yeah man.

My point was that the votes for the minor candidates weren't just because democrat voters didn't like Hilary and were still sulking about Bernie, it was also because repubs didn't like Trump.
That the big increase of this type of vote is pretty evenly split between the two factors, in my view, and that in essence the sharp increase didn't matter too much re. the outcome.

I'd be surprised if it directly caused any state to go red instead of blue or vice versa.

IdolEyes787
11-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Or it could be that the vast majority of young people who are liberal and whose votes could have tipped the election the other way were confused and thought that posting anti-Trump messages on social media was the same as voting.

shaina
11-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Or it could be that the vast majority of young people who are liberal and whose votes could have tipped the election the other way were confused and thought that posting anti-Trump messages on social media was the same as voting.

:yup::yup:

And they don't have a problem protesting on the streets, and maybe causing some trouble to boot:idunno:

DON"T BOO!! VOTE!!
ya right!!

But you could say that at a lot of Bernie Sanders rallies, quite a few were not old enough to vote either....

chalice
11-11-2016, 05:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GT-QwaemJs

megabyteme
11-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Clinton won the popular vote. The electoral college is supposed to keep fuckhead candidates from gaining office. That didn't work so well, which says that is a useless, bullshit step.

Skiz
11-12-2016, 12:02 AM
That def plays a role. I'd dare to say that people's like/dislike of primary candidates is the most important factor in choosing a candidate. Few would admit it however. And it's impossible to ignore that the high disapproval ratings (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-distaste-for-both-trump-and-clinton-is-record-breaking/) played a part in sending votes beyond the main two candidates. Another reason may be that despite the rhetoric surrounding Clintrump and the overwhelming amount of polarization they created, they weren't really much different on paper. When you remove the bits that a lot of people focused on (Clinton: woman, first woman president, blah blah) (Trump: controversial immigration, loudmouth, celebrity, orange, blah blah) and just looked at policy, they were almost the same candidate, focused on more war and more protectionist policies. Again I think that just goes to show that it was never about policy with most people, it was about him and her. People don't vote for some thing, they vote against someone.Yeah man.

My point was that the votes for the minor candidates weren't just because democrat voters didn't like Hilary and were still sulking about Bernie, it was also because repubs didn't like Trump.
That the big increase of this type of vote is pretty evenly split between the two factors, in my view, and that in essence the sharp increase didn't matter too much re. the outcome.

I'd be surprised if it directly caused any state to go red instead of blue or vice versa.

Got it. And I tend to agree. The vast majority of the third (etc) party vote went to Gary Johnson which would have largely been taking votes from Trump. Jill Stein's few thousand votes would have gone to Clinton but not enough to make any difference.

Skiz
11-12-2016, 12:12 AM

:yup::yup:

And they don't have a problem protesting on the streets, and maybe causing some trouble to boot:idunno:

DON"T BOO!! VOTE!!
ya right!!

But you could say that at a lot of Bernie Sanders rallies, quite a few were not old enough to vote either....

They're protesting that Trump is going to destroy America while they riot and destroy as much as possible. :wacko:

manker
11-12-2016, 02:37 PM
You guys get a lot of these irony riots.
'It's terrible, the police are killing black folk -- LET'S KILL THE POLICE'
'It's awful, Trump's gonna destroy America -- LET'S DESTROY IT FIRST'
'It's disastrous, Katrina's ruined all the stores' perishable goods - LET'S STEAL THE NON-PERISHABLES'

That last one is a stretch but w/e it's pure Simpsons, I imagine there's some footage of Moe Szyslak inciting the mob with similar statements.

manker
11-12-2016, 03:08 PM
You folks will be glad to know that after last week's terrible decision to stay in to watch the rugby, I'm off out today to a pub as nature intended.

It'll be weird as none of my mates care at all about politics. Here is some gay minute thing or whatever they're called:

manker: Yeah I'm out, it'll be good to not talk about the election.
notmanker: Was I supposed to vote? My missus didn't so I didn't think I had to
manker: No, dewd. The USA election, Trump won it.
notmanker: ...
notmanker: Get a fucking life will you, that's all they're on about on facebook as well. Who gives a shit.
notmanker: And if you bring Carling for the train again you'll be wearing it, gaylord.

Something Else
11-12-2016, 04:10 PM
Carling. How could ewe.

Something Else
11-12-2016, 04:11 PM
I purpose that we attack the bored with a broken jar of comas in protestant at all the bad grammer.

Biggles
11-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Stayed in to watch the rugby....not a terrible decision but disappointed to lose by a point to the Aussies. Cracking game though.

JPaul
11-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Stayed in to watch the rugby....not a terrible decision but disappointed to lose by a point to the Aussies. Cracking game though.

I believe there is a law that the stralians must beat the scotch in any marginal game.

manker
11-13-2016, 09:15 PM
I purpose that we attack the bored with a broken jar of comas in protestant at all the bad grammer.JP's been doing that for years, mate.
He's started abusing the humble apostrophe now, too, but I didn't like to mention it. You know how he gets.

Also, what's everyone got against Carling all of a sudden. I brought a jug of it back from the bar and the looks I got, you'd think I'd shit on their nan.
I blame those swanky faux spit-n-sawdust micro brewery pubs that charge you £5 for a pint of something that's been fermented in an alimentary canal.
Beer should taste like beer, you twats. Unless it's Budweiser, which is also quite nice but doesn't taste much like beer.

Something Else
11-13-2016, 11:39 PM
Yeah, those craft beers are all shite, as far as I've tried. Five squids for a small bottle around my ways :eyebrows:

I only ever buy them because they have no alternative. I'd prefer a Red Stripe. More easy vibe.

JPaul
11-14-2016, 05:47 PM
I have extended my hatred of the question mark to the comma, that is a done deal.

I am still not decided on the apostrophe. Pretty sure the possessive one is getting it, but the contraction may still survive t'purge.

manker
11-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Eldest manklet phoned me up today at half two; 'Dad, we've got a game in an hour'. I told him that I had appointments and that I wouldn't be able to make it. He replied with; 'But it's Senghenydd, we hate them'. You'll appreciate I had little choice when faced with such eloquent reasoning. I spent the next 45 minutes lying to clients and loading yet more work onto the already overly-taxed hawt burds. I was still going to be late as Senhenydd is at the arse end of nowhere, traffic was being a twat, and by the time I got my wellies on the half time whistle was sounding as I approached the field. Still, not bad, I thought.

I then noticed his not insubstantial frame loping over to me. 'Where have you been? Cracking first half, two fights and we're 19-5 up.' Enthused by his enthusiasm, I set in for the second half, which looked to be starting imminently - only he was still standing next to me. I enquired about this and he informed me that they've got this system where forwards can't play more than 100 minutes in a week, so he was being rested for the second half as they've got a cup game on Thursday. It had been pre-arranged, apparently.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html)

manker
11-14-2016, 06:23 PM
I have extended my hatred of the question mark to the comma, that is a done deal.

I am still not decided on the apostrophe. Pretty sure the possessive one is getting it, but the contraction may still survive t'purge.Do you extend that odd curly wurly aversion quirk to text messages and work related correspondence?
I'm now wondering whether your odd chatting aversion quirk extends to abstinence from both these activities anyhow to render my enquiry moot :eyebrows:

Biggles
11-14-2016, 08:16 PM
This may be worth watching if one has access

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b083s663

megabyteme
11-14-2016, 10:08 PM
[...] You'll appreciate I had little choice when faced with such eloquent reasoning. I spent the next 45 minutes lying to clients and loading yet more work onto the already overly-taxed hawt burds. [...]

You did the right thing. That is how you dad properly. :cheers:

JPaul
11-14-2016, 10:23 PM

I am still not decided on the apostrophe. Pretty sure the possessive one is getting it, but the contraction may still survive t'purge.Do you extend that odd curly wurly aversion quirk to text messages and work related correspondence?
I'm now wondering whether your odd chatting aversion quirk extends to abstinence from both these activities anyhow to render my enquiry moot :eyebrows:

I never use the curly wurly, including text messages and official correspondence. Which is quite bizarre as I also eschew any of the puerile text speak. Though why I would do that in official correspondence is a mystery.

I will go to great lengths not to ask questions in fairly serious missives so as to avoid having to use them.

Though to be honest a reasonably worded question doesn't really require the curly wurly anyway, wouldn't you agree.

It is obvious when someone is asking a question, why would I rub their nose in it.

JPaul
11-14-2016, 10:27 PM
Eldest manklet phoned me up today at half two; 'Dad, we've got a game in an hour'. I told him that I had appointments and that I wouldn't be able to make it. He replied with; 'But it's Senghenydd, we hate them'. You'll appreciate I had little choice when faced with such eloquent reasoning. I spent the next 45 minutes lying to clients and loading yet more work onto the already overly-taxed hawt burds. I was still going to be late as Senhenydd is at the arse end of nowhere, traffic was being a twat, and by the time I got my wellies on the half time whistle was sounding as I approached the field. Still, not bad, I thought.

I then noticed his not insubstantial frame loping over to me. 'Where have you been? Cracking first half, two fights and we're 19-5 up.' Enthused by his enthusiasm, I set in for the second half, which looked to be starting imminently - only he was still standing next to me. I enquired about this and he informed me that they've got this system where forwards can't play more than 100 minutes in a week, so he was being rested for the second half as they've got a cup game on Thursday. It had been pre-arranged, apparently.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html)

May favourite bit was when he wasn't playing in the second half.

I take it he's like 12 if they are only aloud limited fight time in any given week.

manker
11-15-2016, 10:51 AM
[...] You'll appreciate I had little choice when faced with such eloquent reasoning. I spent the next 45 minutes lying to clients and loading yet more work onto the already overly-taxed hawt burds. [...]

You did the right thing. That is how you dad properly. :cheers:It's decent of you to say so. However, there's always a yang.
It was good for that kid, but then I was late home from work and only saw the others for half an hour before their bed-time. It was okay with them though because I brought a tiny action figure and a teddy with me. The missus wasn't best impressed but hey ho.

The dad part of being a dad who works 50+ hours a week is really easy. It's a couple of hours a day doing stuff you really like doing anyway.
Being a mam is the hard thing, that's why I've got so much respect for you and JP.

manker
11-15-2016, 11:11 AM
Do you extend that odd curly wurly aversion quirk to text messages and work related correspondence?

I never use the curly wurly, including text messages and official correspondence. Which is quite bizarre as I also eschew any of the puerile text speak. Though why I would do that in official correspondence is a mystery.

I will go to great lengths not to ask questions in fairly serious missives so as to avoid having to use them.

Though to be honest a reasonably worded question doesn't really require the curly wurly anyway, wouldn't you agree.

It is obvious when someone is asking a question, why would I rub their nose in it.I share a little of your disdain for the question mark.
It can work for you, though. I use it very sparingly, to elicit a specific response. Almost conditioning an unsuspecting reader. Yes, that makes me sound like a tit but people often don't cotton on.

If I'm being srs bznz, then I'll dress actual queries as rhetoric and eschew the technically correct punctuation altogether as you do, as if there is only one possible answer (an answer I favour). I'll prod the reader by alluding to that answer a little later in the piece.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Either way, it puts my narrative in a slightly more authoritative light.
If I'm more confident about the query, I'll append a curly wurly to it so that the respondent reaffirms my belief in the reply, yet wonders if he or she has won a small battle by doing so.
This seemingly insignificant gesture often leads to greater concessions further down the line. A small part of the dance which I enjoy in its entirety.

The downside to all this is that I spend longer on words, which I don't charge for, than I do for the numbers :eyebrows:

manker
11-15-2016, 11:30 AM

May favourite bit was when he wasn't playing in the second half.

I take it he's like 12 if they are only aloud limited fight time in any given week.Yep, 12. I think they're allowed to legally beat the shit out of each other for as long as they want when they're 15.
I could be wrong, though, I had to give up rugby at an early juncture owing to being shite at fighting.

Curiously, that disability didn't hold me back in the slightest with footie.

saftone
11-15-2016, 11:48 AM
Posting in this thread - priceless :)

JPaul
11-15-2016, 06:45 PM
You did the right thing. That is how you dad properly. :cheers:It's decent of you to say so. However, there's always a yang.
It was good for that kid, but then I was late home from work and only saw the others for half an hour before their bed-time. It was okay with them though because I brought a tiny action figure and a teddy with me. The missus wasn't best impressed but hey ho.

The dad part of being a dad who works 50+ hours a week is really easy. It's a couple of hours a day doing stuff you really like doing anyway.
Being a mam is the hard thing, that's why I've got so much respect for you and JP.

:lol::earl:

You are a credit to yourself and the rest of the cawklords.

JPaul
11-15-2016, 06:48 PM

It is obvious when someone is asking a question, why would I rub their nose in it.I share a little of your disdain for the question mark.
It can work for you, though. I use it very sparingly, to elicit a specific response. Almost conditioning an unsuspecting reader. Yes, that makes me sound like a tit but people often don't cotton on.

If I'm being srs bznz, then I'll dress actual queries as rhetoric and eschew the technically correct punctuation altogether as you do, as if there is only one possible answer (an answer I favour). I'll prod the reader by alluding to that answer a little later in the piece.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Either way, it puts my narrative in a slightly more authoritative light.
If I'm more confident about the query, I'll append a curly wurly to it so that the respondent reaffirms my belief in the reply, yet wonders if he or she has won a small battle by doing so.
This seemingly insignificant gesture often leads to greater concessions further down the line. A small part of the dance which I enjoy in its entirety.

The downside to all this is that I spend longer on words, which I don't charge for, than I do for the numbers :eyebrows:

I'm a big fan of things like "As you will be aware .." and " I'm sure you will agree ..." or "What type of fuckwit would not realise ..."

Passive aggressive pros ftw.

megabyteme
11-15-2016, 08:59 PM

:wub:

manker
11-15-2016, 09:28 PM
Rashford's on :smilie4:

Biggles
11-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Tonight I have been mostly watching Westworld...which I am liking.

JPaul
11-16-2016, 10:28 PM

manker
11-18-2016, 09:17 AM
People don't half get upset when their music trackers die. I don't really get why.
I'm only on punktorrents but I've raped that for what I like and I'd say there are about 10 albums out per year when I think 'I gotta have that' - and they're always on rutracker anyhow.

Get a life, get laid, wankers.

shaina
11-18-2016, 09:23 AM
People don't half get upset when their music trackers die. I don't really get why.
I'm only on punktorrents but I've raped that for what I like and I'd say there are about 10 albums out per year when I think 'I gotta have that'

What is Albums?? Is that something you put your kids photos in:D

manker
11-18-2016, 09:27 AM
I'm only on punktorrents but I've raped that for what I like and I'd say there are about 10 albums out per year when I think 'I gotta have that'

What is Albums?? Is that something you put your kids photos in:DNo, that's a hard drive.
Am I missing some new thing that the cool kids call albums these daze.