PDA

View Full Version : Last one to post wins the internets

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

IdolEyes787
08-02-2021, 11:34 AM
First the War of 1812 and now women's soccer. Seems that defeating the US is becoming a habit.

anon
08-02-2021, 03:23 PM
Today Canada is celebrating it's first official Emancipation Day. The fact that Canada has never actually had legalized slavery shouldn't stand in the way or anything.

You still have Her Majesty on the $20 bill, so close enough.

IdolEyes787
08-02-2021, 05:07 PM
Easy mistake but that's actually Howie Mandell in drag.

IdolEyes787
08-03-2021, 11:21 PM
Buying a new vacuum cleaner is hard, man. Look at reviews and some people are like this is the greatest thing ever and other people are like this is total shite regardless of price point.

Caballero
08-04-2021, 04:35 PM
Buying a new vacuum cleaner is hard, man. Look at reviews and some people are like this is the greatest thing ever and other people are like this is total shite regardless of price point.

Can't go wrong with a Miele product...

IdolEyes787
08-04-2021, 08:36 PM
Not the worst thing anyone has ever suggested to me on this site. You know and absolutely don't care but there was a Miele bicycle once upon a time that was made in or around Toronto. Nothing to do with the German appliance company as it was started by an Italian and was pronounced Me-el-e as opposed to Mee-la. I'm assuming Kraut vacuums are better because they are manufactured in Germany unlike most that are made on the cheap in the Far East.

anon
08-04-2021, 09:08 PM

Should you buy the one that sucks the least, or the one that sucks the most?

Stehle
08-05-2021, 02:29 PM

I found a Dyson 10 years ago... at a yard sale that was closing up... owner said it needed work... and it was free. I took it home, stripped it down, washed it all up, replaced about $13usd

worth in replacement parts. Made it work like new.

(Actually, It is the finest vacuum I ever owned and I owned a few. Don't remember the model, but it sold for about $480 at that time.) :alien:

ripcord
08-05-2021, 05:55 PM
Havent used a vacuum in years.

Caballero
08-10-2021, 06:58 PM
Question for the computer experts here -- so I've been having issues with my internet connection and/or wifi lately. At first I thought it was the fiber connection (who knows how many neighbors have jumped on the bandwagon lately?) and then I thought it might be my router, but it looks like everybody else in the house has a stable connection and just now, when my computer "lost" the network, I can still see and connect to it on my phone or ipad. So my next suspicion is that it's my computer, or more precisely the networking card and/or the driver.

Basically, two things seem to happen. One, occasionally I am losing one or both of my wifi networks, where the computer doesn't appear to see the SSIDs (even though other devices still see them). This seems to happen more often with the 5 GHz network than the 2.4 GHz network. BUT, I still see some of my neighbors' wifi networks and I see the wifi network from my fiber gateway (one of those combined gateway/router boxes from AT&T; I just use it as a passthrough to connect to my own router). So I can't even say that I don't have any connectivity, because I can just connect to the other network until my own comes back. Second, the network performance seems to degrade over time; under the best of circumstances I used to get download rates (as indicated by SABnzb) in the neighborhood of 13 MB/sec; but lately I'm happy if I get 3 MB/sec, and it seems to be fluctuating between 3 MB/sec and zero (which usually indicates that I am about to lose the network). No clue what's going on here.

Any suggestions? The network card is a Dell special that came with the computer, so I have no idea what model it is or how good it is. The driver is just whatever Windows Update gave me. Time to get a new wifi card? reinstall Windows (I know, I know, I still need to do that). Anything else I can do? I'm pretty much at my wits' end (didn't take much to begin with, but still)...

Stehle
08-11-2021, 04:14 PM
Question for the computer experts here...

NOT an expert anymore... but own 3 Dells... the "newish" one is probably 2 years old, but the issue you have been having seems a bit familiar to me.

I have some minor surgery later this afternoon, so I'll have time to think on it if no one else posts.

(I ended up revamping the whole system (from router down), a year or so ago an had an IT guy do the installation, but hopefully what he did will be of use to you.) :alien:

Quick questions... are you using a cable (RJ-45) connection or to the router / modem or WiFi more exclusively? and How old is the Dell you use most?

Caballero
08-11-2021, 09:00 PM
The Dell might be... four years, maybe? My old computer died on me, I did not have time or patience to spec a new system at the time, so I just went to Costco and grabbed one off the shelf. It's a XPS 8920 if it makes any difference.

I've got AT&T fiber to the house, so I have CAT-5 cable running from the gateway to my router, but everything is wifi from there on. Router is a reflashed Asus AC-1900 that shows up as a RT-68U (see https://moreless.medium.com/flash-tm-ac-1900-to-rt-ac68u-to-use-aimesh-80b84387358a). Connection to other devices is fast and stable (even the laptop sitting next to the Dell rig), so the issue must be on the Dell's side. But I'll be damned if I can figure out what's causing it.

Caballero
08-12-2021, 02:10 AM
So the latest is that now I can't even connect to the wifi network (created by the Asus router) anymore, neither the 2.4 GHz nor the 5 Ghz network. But only on the Dell computer, all other devices are functioning as before.

Looks like it's time for a clean system re-install.

Stehle
08-12-2021, 02:47 AM
Cab, I'm not able to think or type well tonight... surgery and all... talked / texted with my IT mate (he never really talks on the cell... very frustrating!), but I digress... and he confirmed things...

Finally I got a voice mail from him this Sunday morning... he cryptically said, "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.".

(Weird he sounded just like Bruce Willis.) :alien:

He may have said "Fred" though... I was half awake... the boy streams way too much.

There is always "Grace" though...

(Good Chopper Name) ;)

Stehle
08-12-2021, 03:39 PM
Hmm... last thoughts Cab... you probably fixed the issue.

anon
08-15-2021, 11:47 PM
A bit late to this one, but you can start by doing a driver update (get them from the manufacturer, not Windows) and seeing that your router doesn't autoswitch to channels 12 or 13. And if you're able to use Ethernet cabling instead, do!

Caballero
08-16-2021, 03:45 AM
Well, I replaced the router (have four of them lying around here; got the AC-1900s for like $20 a piece or thereabouts and was going to set up a mesh network) and things got better. Almost perfect today, in fact. Don't know if the router was overheating in the media closet or if the firmware somehow got hosed, but at this point I don't care. I still will need to wipe Windows and start building my setup from scratch, but I just don't have the time. The family really needs to go on vacation again and leave me behind for a week... ;)

Stehle
08-16-2021, 02:59 PM
Well, I replaced the router... Don't know if the router was overheating in the media closet or if the firmware somehow got hosed, but at this point I don't care. I still will need to wipe I just don't have the time. The family really needs to go on vacation again and leave me behind for a week... ;)

Brilliant! At least your up and running! :)

I never thought routers could be so pesky, but have found them to interfere with online activities more often than not.

IdolEyes787
08-17-2021, 06:46 PM
You know, I'd be really pissed right about now if I had died in 2012 trying to liberate Afghanistan from the Taliban.

anon
08-18-2021, 11:47 PM
Well, I replaced the router (have four of them lying around here; got the AC-1900s for like $20 a piece or thereabouts and was going to set up a mesh network) and things got better. Almost perfect today, in fact. Don't know if the router was overheating in the media closet or if the firmware somehow got hosed, but at this point I don't care. I still will need to wipe Windows and start building my setup from scratch, but I just don't have the time. The family really needs to go on vacation again and leave me behind for a week... ;)

Fufu, I live alone and haven't done a reinstall since May 2017 nonetheless. Time is more valuable than the Kuwaiti dinar. Surprising that only the Dell would have trouble if the router was to blame, though.

Anyway, when that family minus you vacation does arrive, make sure to give OpenWrt a try on one of those spares... you won't regret it. ;)

megabyteme
08-21-2021, 01:23 AM
You know, I'd be really pissed right about now if I had died in 2012 trying to liberate Afghanistan from the Taliban.

Wow, Mr Selfish...think of all the people you would have made happy :tease:

IdolEyes787
08-21-2021, 11:38 AM
OK but then John Connor would never have been born so there's also that to factor in.

megabyteme
08-21-2021, 07:15 PM
I am rooting for The Machines. :cool:

anon
08-21-2021, 11:32 PM
Wow, Mr Selfish...think of all the people you would have made happy :tease:

Don't listen to this guy, he's wrong! Most people wouldn't have even noticed :mushy:

IdolEyes787
08-22-2021, 05:02 PM
That's because there's a saying in the SEALs, if you know what we did then we failed.:snooty:

IdolEyes787
08-26-2021, 08:50 PM
Ty Walker:
This is bullshit! You shot me in the back!

Raylan Givens:
If you wanted me to shoot you in the front, you shoulda run towards me.

It's only because there are lines like this that I know most of the rest of TV is ghey.

Caballero
08-27-2021, 04:21 PM
Well, woke up this morning to an email from my Synology NAS that one of the drives was failing. Got Seagate Exos X 16TB drives in there that I purchased last year. One drive was DOA and immediately replaced by Seagate, all other ones were fine and are/were working flawlessly until now.

Called up their tech support and they are going to send me a replacement drive under warranty, so no complaints there. But the fact that this particular drive did not even last 12 months... Makes me a wee bit weary. 50% failure rate in a year? Hmm...

Stehle
08-27-2021, 06:12 PM
...and I thought Seagates were decent HDD's... :sadwalk:

Caballero
08-27-2021, 06:59 PM

Well, they used not to be, at least I made an effort not to use them for the longest time. But apparently/supposedly they had cleaned up their act, and since this drive is an enterprise system drive and not really for personal use, I figured I'd give it a shot. The price was decent (a tad above $300 for 16TB), and I was not about to support Western Digital after the shenanigans they pulled last year. Not sure where that leaves me for now. I guess as long as they are willing to swap them out under warranty, it's semi-okay; but I only have a one-disk redundancy in my system, and if ever two of their drives fail at the same time... Probably should change that the next time I replace one of the older/smaller drives.

Stehle
08-27-2021, 07:21 PM
Yeah, probably is for the best.

(Short true story... others and I made a small fortune doing warranty swaps in the mid to late '90's on old Seagate drives... it was a 5 Year warranty back then... technology was moving so fast... by the time the smaller drive failed... they HAD to swap it for a much LARGER drive... we then sold the latest and greatest!) ;) :alien:

anon
08-29-2021, 12:16 PM
That's because there's a saying in the SEALs, if you know what we did then we failed.:snooty:

I would know, I've worked on IT... not the movie, although dealing with clowns was part of the package.

anon
08-29-2021, 12:16 PM

As did I, until my Seagate external died last December... at least it lasted more than one year. Ever since, I've been on a mission to reduce the amount of data I have in the first place and make backups smaller and faster. The more storage you have, the more hoarding you do :dabs:

Stehle
08-29-2021, 03:47 PM

The more storage you have, the more hoarding you do :dabs:

Yup, guilty as stated. :sadwalk:

Caballero
08-29-2021, 04:57 PM
The more storage you have, the more hoarding you do :dabs:

That's a problem how...? :)

anon
08-30-2021, 01:42 AM
Oh, it's only a problem if you intend to consume all that content within your lifetime :turned:

Caballero
08-30-2021, 04:32 AM
It's better to have and not use than to not have and need.

Or something like that.

botmh
08-30-2021, 08:05 AM
I have been using an iPhone for work, and an Android 7 phone for personal use for just over a year. I've realised that, due to my constant fiddling with the operating systems, I've finally modified the android OS to look like iOS and I've also, shoddily hacked a lot of Android functionality in to my iOS device.

I think I may be some kind of digital transgender. :unsure:

:rolki:

anon
08-30-2021, 08:36 AM
It's better to have and not use than to not have and need.

Or something like that.

But less is more and proverbs come in pairs :emo:

Caballero
08-30-2021, 12:33 PM
That's why I stick with amateurverbs. Less work.

soulreaper
08-31-2021, 04:11 PM
I'm emotionally struggling with my global ban. Want to cry on someone's shoulders. I mean where am I gonna get that 1940s Hitchcock movie from now? No PTP and no KG anymore. :(

Caballero
08-31-2021, 05:48 PM
You could always ask here... Most likely won't get you anywhere, but at least you can ask. :P

soulreaper
09-01-2021, 03:29 AM
You could always ask here... Most likely won't get you anywhere, but at least you can ask. :P

Cheers mate

anon
09-01-2021, 02:02 PM
I'm emotionally struggling with my global ban. Want to cry on someone's shoulders. I mean where am I gonna get that 1940s Hitchcock movie from now? No PTP and no KG anymore. :(

anon
09-01-2021, 02:02 PM

Speaking of which, someone in South Africa has that file you were looking for, but the download is slow. More news as soon as I have some.

Caballero
09-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Appreciate it! No rush, clearly. :P

soulreaper
09-02-2021, 05:10 AM

:lol:

Something Else
09-02-2021, 01:53 PM
There seems to be some kind of BT leak in to the lounge. :dabs:

Caballero
09-03-2021, 01:41 AM

Rest in pieces.

anon
09-03-2021, 02:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDbhiDzgfdI

Caballero
09-03-2021, 02:21 AM
I like this version better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aXA5ynXbJE

soulreaper
09-03-2021, 02:59 AM
Tea for everyone lol

IdolEyes787
09-03-2021, 04:09 PM
Next time I watch the Alamo, I'm rooting for the Mexicans.

Caballero
09-08-2021, 06:20 PM

Just came across this website. Maybe it'll help you wean yourself off the addiction.

https://rarefilmm.com/

Mr. Mulder
09-10-2021, 03:00 PM
Good afternoon, gays.

Why's there no torrents of that new sexy Bill Clinton murican crime story anywhere? I only know how to use torrent sites from 5 years ago and none of them have it. I know the first episode has come out because Google algorithms keep trying to spoil it for me I don't want to know if he slept with her or not!!! Just let me watch it and find out.

Caballero
09-10-2021, 03:04 PM
Or you could switch to NZBs and just get it from here...

Mr. Mulder
09-10-2021, 03:28 PM
I don't know what an nzb is, I'll assume that's jive talk for some sort of street drug :snooty:

soulreaper
09-10-2021, 04:15 PM

Just came across this website. Maybe it'll help you wean yourself off the addiction.

https://rarefilmm.com/

What a cool find that is. Thank you!!

Something Else
09-10-2021, 04:41 PM
I don't know what an nzb is, I'll assume that's jive talk for some sort of street drug :snooty: How are you stealing things these days. I knew you'd never grow up, but this soggies the biscuit.

Mr. Mulder
09-10-2021, 07:13 PM
I don't know what an nzb is, I'll assume that's jive talk for some sort of street drug :snooty: How are you stealing things these days. I knew you'd never grow up, but this soggies the biscuit.

The same way you and everyone else does. Open kazaa, type in what I want, go for the one with the most peers, receive a virus and buy a new machine. I suppose you have some new age way involving hash tags, scooters and dabbing :rolleyes:

Managed to find murican crime stories, pasted the file name of the "nzb" from here into pirate bay then it came up. Weird it didn't just come up using the shows name. I've sent an email about this to the president of pirate bay, Michael Bay.

Something Else
09-14-2021, 10:11 PM
:glag: Genious. Seriously tho' .NZB is the weigh to go these days. $20 (50p) a year and Robert's your mother's brother. Just make sure to get a decent indexer. ie not FST.

Caballero
09-15-2021, 03:53 AM
Just make sure to get a decent indexer. ie not FST.

I'd almost take offense, if it wasn't true.

anon
09-15-2021, 05:16 PM
Just make sure to get a decent indexer. ie not FST.

Speaking of which, any hints on how to get an account at .in? Do you have to be a level 100 Elite Pirate Admiral? :chris:

Caballero
09-16-2021, 01:41 AM
Well fuck me. Upgraded my Synology NAS to DSM 7 today, which necessitated an update in my Plex Media Server, which in term hosed the complete installation and I lost all metadata for my library.

So I get to start fresh. Creating collections, selecting posters, making sure all descriptions for movies/shows/episodes get imported correctly, etc. That will be a couple of months of my life I will not get back.

Fuck.

Barbarossa
09-16-2021, 07:55 AM
:glag: Genious. Seriously tho' .NZB is the weigh to go these days. $20 (50p) a year and Robert's your mother's brother. Just make sure to get a decent indexer. ie not FST.

Seriously? I just, you know, stream stuff with the firestick using whatever app currently works. I didn't realise people still did this sort of stuff.. :dabs:

anon
09-16-2021, 09:50 AM
So I get to start fresh. Creating collections, selecting posters, making sure all descriptions for movies/shows/episodes get imported correctly, etc. That will be a couple of months of my life I will not get back.

Hah, I've been there... nine months passed since I got my hard disk back from data recovery, yet I have only checked and sorted around 10% of the files so far, the most essential stuff. I will likely never get to 100%, because who wants to take on such a huge task from scratch just to break even? Fuck this shit, I'm out of here :frusty:

Stehle
09-16-2021, 04:11 PM

We have all been there... perhaps in different ways. I'm truly sorry this unfortunate event happened to you. :(

anon
09-16-2021, 09:13 PM
1. backup, backup, backup
2. less is more

That's what I learned from my experience. Then again, we often don't remember what we know :mushy:

Something Else
09-17-2021, 01:38 PM
:glag: Genious. Seriously tho' .NZB is the weigh to go these days. $20 (50p) a year and Robert's your mother's brother. Just make sure to get a decent indexer. ie not FST. Seriously? I just, you know, stream stuff with the firestick using whatever app currently works. I didn't realise people still did this sort of stuff.. :dabs: I didn't realise you were such a teenage dirtbag mate. I am disappointed to the max. In other news, this bored runs a bitcoin miner now. Classy :dabs:

IdolEyes787
09-17-2021, 03:23 PM
Not illegal but still scummy because members weren't made aware of the fact and given some option to opt out. Btw, thanks for the info and I'll be reassessing whether I want to continue using the site.

Not that it makes any difference to the cunt in charge.

Caballero
09-17-2021, 03:31 PM
In other news, this bored runs a bitcoin miner now. Classy :dabs:

I'm sorry, what did I miss?

anon
09-18-2021, 11:38 AM

Do you have some proof of this? Checked logged in and out, on two different browsers, without any content blocking in place; couldn't find any miners. CPU usage for FST tabs is 0% after loading. Even visited through Tor, just in case this is applied on a country whitelist or random sampling basis :wacko:

IdolEyes787
09-18-2021, 12:17 PM
Do you have some proof of this? I'm not an expert on mining but from what I know of it I'm assuming coal dust residue.

IdolEyes787
09-18-2021, 12:19 PM
Or maybe a pickaxe. That's usually a dead giveaway.

anon
09-18-2021, 12:33 PM
Dead canaries would also be acceptable.

Stehle
09-18-2021, 04:04 PM

Do you have some proof of this? :wacko:

Hmm... I have a cousin in Trini who heard from a friend that mines bitcoin that he became impotent. His testicles became swollen too. :yup:

(Actually, I believe it was just a case of the extreme high heat from so many overclocked processors and of course way too tight, tighty whiteys.) :rolleyes: :alien:

IdolEyes787
09-18-2021, 04:38 PM
Dead canaries would also be acceptable. I can name that Police song in three notes.

Also, I've been informed that pickaxes are used by serial killer as well but then there's a flaw in every argument.

anon
09-18-2021, 10:19 PM
Hmm... I have a cousin in Trini who heard from a friend that mines bitcoin that he became impotent. His testicles became swollen too. :yup:

Blueballed by imaginary money :(

anon
09-18-2021, 10:19 PM
Also, I've been informed that pickaxes are used by serial killer as well but then there's a flaw in every argument.

Regular axes are better, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruw9fsh3PNY

Something Else
09-19-2021, 11:35 PM
I could easily be wrong, but Mineralt is detected here in my browser. Same on the BBC webshite.

Barbarossa
09-20-2021, 09:54 AM
I could easily be wrong, but Mineralt is detected here in my browser. Same on the BBC webshite.

Well this sounds fucked up. I shall seriously reconsider my every once in a while 5 minute visitations to this so-called Message Bored :O

Barbarossa
09-20-2021, 10:04 AM
Just installed MinerBlock, and it hasn't picked anything up. That could just be because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.

Something Else
09-20-2021, 12:12 PM
Just installed MinerBlock, and it hasn't picked anything up. That could just be because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. That's exactly what I'm using and does detect it only here and the BBC site. Never seen it anywhere else. I also don't know what the fuck I'm doing. :smilie4:

anon
09-21-2021, 02:53 PM
Same on the BBC webshite.

Well, then your browser is wrong. The BBC would never need to mine crypto, they're already mooching off you with those telly licence fees :stuart:

Caballero
09-21-2021, 03:59 PM
Fun story: Back in the day I was living in the UK, had an apartment in a mixed-use building (read: over a fish and chips shop) whose builder went bankrupt during construction. Some other company finished it, but forgot to put in a cable hook-up. Antennas on the roof were not allowed, so no telly for me.

Naturally I said "fuck you!" and installed a satellite dish anyway. Got all kinds of channels off the Astra satellites, except for anything from the UK. Still had to pay for that stupid license, though.

anon
09-21-2021, 05:14 PM
Some other company finished it, but forgot to put in a cable hook-up.

> not making your own hookup
> not using a pirate decoder for scrambled channels

4/10

Remember when satellite was a luxury service? Now we have prepaid kits sold at a loss, what a great time to be alive.

Caballero
09-21-2021, 05:30 PM
Who says I did not have a pirate decoder to get access to Sky? :)

Not admitting to anything here, of course. Though I guess the statute of limitations would have kicked in by now. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Oh, and when I say "no cable hookup" I mean there was literally no cable connecting to the house. No feed anywhere near the address. I guess in the pre-broadband days it just wasn't that important...

anon
09-21-2021, 05:48 PM
Who says I did not have a pirate decoder to get access to Sky? :)

Not admitting to anything here, of course. Though I guess the statute of limitations would have kicked in by now. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

It's alright, I totally didn't have a Jerrold brand decoder circa 2003 either. Guess how I didn't watch the first Matrix movie?

Oh, and when I say "no cable hookup" I mean there was literally no cable connecting to the house. No feed anywhere near the address. I guess in the pre-broadband days it just wasn't that important...

Now that DVB, 5G, FiOS and streaming are all the rage, who's to say we won't return to that at some point. Analog cable is still very much a thing here, though. When companies invest millions on infrastructure, they want the returns to keep flowing forever. ADSL2 was only discontinued around two years ago...

ripcord
09-25-2021, 07:56 AM
My hard drive died... well it almost died and now I am hard at work to recover about 600 GB worth of "stuff" :shifty:

still dunno what the fuck happened that it would not boot up on my laptop but works when I removed the drive and stuck it into a drive case that has the option to attach a usb cable and turn it into an external drive. This was just 600 GB ... still thanks be to the gods that its all ok.

Caballero
09-25-2021, 04:01 PM
I feel for you. Me, I'm about 12% into rebuilding my Plex server...

anon
09-25-2021, 05:40 PM
still dunno what the fuck happened that it would not boot up on my laptop but works when I removed the drive and stuck it into a drive case that has the option to attach a usb cable and turn it into an external drive.

Consider this a near-miss and learn from it. Right now the priority should be copying everything to a healthy medium as quickly as possible. Robocopy in restartable mode or Unstoppable Copier are good choices. Then, you need some sort of integrity checking; I use SHA-1 hash lists myself. If you haven't kept those in advance, trying to hash files from a potentially defective disk may not produce accurate results, but is better than nothing. For torrent data, you can (and should) use the recheck feature in your client.

Mine was an external, and I thought I might get as lucky as you by doing the opposite, removing it from the case and plugging it directly... no such luck. :(

ripcord
09-26-2021, 07:03 AM
I feel for you. Me, I'm about 12% into rebuilding my Plex server...

12% sounds so random lol but yeah I hope you get it back up and running.

still dunno what the fuck happened that it would not boot up on my laptop but works when I removed the drive and stuck it into a drive case that has the option to attach a usb cable and turn it into an external drive.

Consider this a near-miss and learn from it. Right now the priority should be copying everything to a healthy medium as quickly as possible. Robocopy in restartable mode or Unstoppable Copier are good choices. Then, you need some sort of integrity checking; I use SHA-1 hash lists myself. If you haven't kept those in advance, trying to hash files from a potentially defective disk may not produce accurate results, but is better than nothing. For torrent data, you can (and should) use the recheck feature in your client.

Mine was an external, and I thought I might get as lucky as you by doing the opposite, removing it from the case and plugging it directly... no such luck. :(

I usually always take a backup every week for stuff that's new and back it up to an external HDD. This incident was just so random and the drive would just not boot up. Even the Linux Mint splash screen wouldn't boot up so there was no way for me to even go into CLI mode and try to figure out what the hell it was that went wrong.

Robocopy is for windows (MS can go jump up its own ass and die for all I care) and I'm on Linux. Unstoppable copier looks interesting and I'll have to give it a go. Though I managed to recover everything that was important to me I think having these solutions would be a good idea for the future so thanks for the suggestion.

I remember buying this case a long time back. It wasn't reall a drive I shucked and kept the case but rather it was a case I found in the market once for small drives I could fit into it and then use a USB connector to turn it into an external. So glad I had this lying around. The most important thing in that drive was not just the "stuff" but the backup to my catalogue program for movies that I'd spent a lot of time building on Tellico. I almost lost it when I thought the work I put in to curate over 800 movies on Tellico was all lost. Would have been a pain to do it all over again and then continue adding more. :frusty:

anon
09-26-2021, 05:59 PM
Robocopy is for windows (MS can go jump up its own ass and die for all I care) and I'm on Linux. Unstoppable copier looks interesting and I'll have to give it a go.

On Linux you have another good alternative: ddrescue.

I managed to recover everything that was important to me

Great! If the disk is still within warranty, I would now wipe it and send for RMA. Otherwise, run SMART tests and a secure erase on it and see if you can restore usability, although hard disks that have shown defects are usually a ticking time bomb.

I remember buying this case a long time back. It wasn't reall a drive I shucked and kept the case but rather it was a case I found in the market once for small drives I could fit into it and then use a USB connector to turn it into an external. So glad I had this lying around.

If you don't have one of these already... you should.

ripcord
09-27-2021, 05:06 AM
Unfortunately the warranty on the drive has lapsed so I can't send it in for RMA. Which is why I guess I'll probably just format it and try to play around with it a bit. Maybe I'll dump shit in there that won't sting me if I loose it :wacko:

Now though I have a 2tb drive in my laptop so I can "collect and share" more.

The case I have is pretty much just the IDE to usb so like I said I was lucky on that front.

I have about 90% of my stuff back just minor stuff here and there that I really need to dig for. Other than that I've pretty much taken the entire day yesterday to back up almost everything I've recovered so that I'm prepared for when shit hits the fan next. :wacko:

Caballero
09-27-2021, 05:26 PM
What always fucks me up most in situations like this is all the jetsom and floatsom that you collect without thinking about it. PDF files of payment receipts, manuals, screenshots and whatnot -- you never know what you are missing until you need it and start looking for it.

ripcord
09-28-2021, 05:10 AM
Agreed. Always a pain to go looking for something you thought you're never going to need. Especially when it's something like your phone or pc.

Something Else
09-29-2021, 10:32 AM
Or the last decent post in a thread. :dabs:

IdolEyes787
09-29-2021, 11:48 AM
But I really care about other people's computer problems. I wish Netflix would make a live action anime directed by M. Night Shyamalan about it.

j2k4
09-30-2021, 12:30 AM
But I really care about other people's computer problems. I wish Netflix would make a live action anime directed by M. Night Shyamalan about it.

It's been done but I can't be fussed to search it out...

anon
10-01-2021, 10:52 PM
Unfortunately the warranty on the drive has lapsed so I can't send it in for RMA. Which is why I guess I'll probably just format it and try to play around with it a bit. Maybe I'll dump shit in there that won't sting me if I loose it :wacko:

If all else fails, the magnet inside the disk is universally useful. And the platters make decent mirrors :emo:

anon
10-01-2021, 10:52 PM
What always fucks me up most in situations like this is all the jetsom and floatsom that you collect without thinking about it. PDF files of payment receipts, manuals, screenshots and whatnot -- you never know what you are missing until you need it and start looking for it.

Add poor organization and you've got me. Trying to sort thousands and thousands of files a posteriori is incredibly time-consuming and boring.

IdolEyes787
10-05-2021, 12:01 AM
Learned today that Windows 11 won't run on my high powered five year old gaming computer but will run on my shitty new underpowered laptop. Seems reasonable.

IdolEyes787
10-05-2021, 03:40 PM
I was rewatching Dawn of the Dead and it occurred to me that if the zombies react to sound and motion (aggression triggered from a distance) then why don't they attack each other? At least in The Walking Dead the zombies react to smell so there is some tiny sense of logic.

anon
10-06-2021, 03:24 AM
Learned today that Windows 11 won't run on my high powered five year old gaming computer but will run on my shitty new underpowered laptop. Seems reasonable.

If it's the TPM 2.0 check, there are tricks to bypass it. Or you could install Windows 95 instead, it's 8.63... times better.

anon
10-06-2021, 03:24 AM
I was rewatching Dawn of the Dead and it occurred to me that if the zombies react to sound and motion (aggression triggered from a distance) then why don't they attack each other? At least in The Walking Dead the zombies react to smell so there is some tiny sense of logic.

And despite being walking piles of rotten flesh, zombies are never swarmed by flies, rats or seagulls. What a travesty :shutup:

IdolEyes787
10-06-2021, 12:26 PM

If it's the TPM 2.0 check, there are tricks to bypass it. Or you could install Windows 95 instead, it's 8.63... times better.

I could install Linux on a separate partition too but I kind of like the idea of my soul belonging to an evil monopoly.

Also I've been reading some stuff I don't understand any of on some computer nerd forums and supposedly I could run Windows 11 on basically anything if I really wanted to put myself through that sort of pain. Strangely I feel no compulsion to.

BigBirdFinger
10-06-2021, 01:09 PM
You can make the installer ignore the TPM settings:
How to Install Windows 11 Without TPM
As mentioned, installing Windows 11 without TPM requires a few registry entries. The easiest way to do this is to try to install Windows 11 via an ISO or the Insider program, then follow the steps below if you get a “This PC can’t run Windows 11” message.
1. Press Shift + F10 to open Command Prompt and run the “regedit” command
2. Add a new key in the “Setup” key
In the Registry Editor, navigate to*Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup. Right-click on the*“Setup”*folder in your sidebar and select*“New > Key”.
3. Name the key “LabConfig” and add a new DWORD
After you name your folder, you can create the DWORD by right-clicking in any blank space in the main pane and selecting*“DWORD (32-bit) Value”.
4. Name the value “BypassTPMCheck” and set the value data to 1.
It’s important the capitalization and spelling are exactly the same. You can modify the value data by double-clicking your new DWORD and changing the*“Value data”*text box. Press*“OK”*when you’re done to save the changes.
5. Create another DWORD called “BypassRAMCheck”
Again, make sure the capitalization and spelling is exactly the same as above.
6. Change the value data to 1
Remember, you can access the value data field by double-clicking on the “BypassRAMCheck” key. Press*“OK”*to apply it.
7. Create a new DWORD called “BypassSecureBootCheck”
8. Change the value data of SecureBootCheck to 1 and press “OK”
9. Close the Registry Editor and press the back button on your Windows 11 setup
You’ll find the back button in the top-left corner.
10. Install Windows 10 on your unsupported hardware
You can now go through the setup process as normal. Your installer should no longer tell you your PC is incompatible.

From <https://winbuzzer.com/2021/08/09/how-to-install-windows-11-without-tpm-2-xcxwbt/

After it's installed, you can run the "Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd" from this article so it will install new feature updates when available (also has method for clean install):

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/new-windows-11-install-script-bypasses-tpm-system-requirements/

IdolEyes787
10-06-2021, 03:40 PM
I'd rather just make my mind ignore Windows 11. Much easier and no chance of losing valuable media files concerning fey makeup wearing Asian boy bands.

anon
10-06-2021, 04:53 PM
supposedly I could run Windows 11 on basically anything if I really wanted to put myself through that sort of pain

There's anything and there's anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qSziR6sD8Q

As for me, Windows 7 still works, and from the look of things I'll be using this install until the day I die.

yffab
10-08-2021, 12:14 PM
This is a huge thread, could someone post the TL;DR please?

IdolEyes787
10-08-2021, 04:09 PM
This is a huge thread, could someone post the TL;DR please?

One sixty-eighth, the only worthwhile part, is Mulder being funny and the rest is people asking stupid questions.

IdolEyes787
10-08-2021, 04:20 PM
It use to be better but the English stopped talking to each other about pish.

IdolEyes787
10-08-2021, 04:23 PM
To be fair, it would be hard for even Reddit to survive that.

IdolEyes787
10-08-2021, 06:13 PM
Happy International Lesbian Day, anon.

anon
10-11-2021, 02:34 AM
As a lesbian trapped in a man's body and yurifag I acknowledge your approval. :)

IdolEyes787
10-13-2021, 12:04 PM
...yurifag..... . Reporting you to the internet police for yuri shaming.

anon
10-14-2021, 05:34 AM
Far from it, my dear, which means 97% of the Internet police will side with me.

IdolEyes787
10-14-2021, 12:04 PM
I Googled "yuri anime" and I now think the "fag" part is just redundant.

Btw and this is true, shay thinks that redundant is a stupid left-wing intellectual word and we should just stick with dun dant. Been dare dun dant.

Something Else
10-14-2021, 03:24 PM
It was that dyslexic guy, what made us all leave. He ruined the boreds for everyone. I forget his name. :unsure:

IdolEyes787
10-14-2021, 08:07 PM
....dyslexic... Good job. For some reason I always spell that word wrong.

Something Else
10-15-2021, 12:28 PM
I think you probably caught that from said idiot. He was just so full of misspelled hate and anger, it was painful to even read the forums.

anon
10-16-2021, 07:07 AM
I Googled "yuri anime" and I now think the "fag" part is just redundant.

The fag part is always redundant with you. :)

Btw and this is true, shay thinks that redundant is a stupid left-wing intellectual word and we should just stick with dun dant. Been dare dun dant.

Dats sofa king we Todd did.

anon
10-16-2021, 07:07 AM
It was that dyslexic guy, what made us all leave. He ruined the boreds for everyone. I forget his name. :unsure:

Nooo, no one can make you unhappy without your consent :mushy:

IdolEyes787
10-16-2021, 11:56 AM
What if you were just bopping down the street listening to some sweet Boards of Canada tunes on your phone and some masked Serbian men jumped from a panel van, hit you over the head, tied you up, drove you to a secluded location and made you watch Rob Zombie films for 12 hours straight?

IdolEyes787
10-16-2021, 11:59 AM
Personally I'd be begging for death right around the Boards of Canada tunes but that's just me.

anon
10-17-2021, 03:10 AM
What if you were just bopping down the street listening to some sweet Boards of Canada tunes on your phone and some masked Serbian men jumped from a panel van, hit you over the head, tied you up, drove you to a secluded location and made you watch Rob Zombie films for 12 hours straight?

In this part of the world, I wouldn't have made it past age 14 if I weren't the guy driving the van.

anon
10-17-2021, 03:10 AM
Speaking of which, mjmacky pretended to be Serbian when meeting strangers, so he would have valuable input here. Would have :dabs:

IdolEyes787
10-17-2021, 11:50 AM
Speaking of which, mjmacky pretended to be Serbian when meeting strangers.... You mean he murdered them?

anon
10-17-2021, 11:55 PM
No, he scouted them to act on snuff artistic films.

Rose
10-18-2021, 12:51 PM
Interesting thread like it

IdolEyes787
10-18-2021, 05:07 PM
I see Colin Powell died. You have to hand it to the Iraqis. They might not be the biggest army but they're apparently relentless.

Caballero
10-18-2021, 05:24 PM
I see Colin Powell died. You have to hand it to the Iraqis. They might not be the biggest army but they're apparently relentless.

True dat. Not like them Eye-ranians. I mean, Salman Rushdie is still breathing, innit?

^^was that the right usage of "innit"?

IdolEyes787
10-18-2021, 06:55 PM
I don't blame anyone for wanting to hunt down Salmon Rushdie and eat him with some fresh dill and maybe a side of asparagus.

j2k4
10-18-2021, 09:57 PM
All this wonderfully silly postage just to lure Shay back...he'd do well to be appreciative if he chooses to reappear. ;)

There was a rather lengthy list of yoyo members back in the day who would go away over perceived offenses no one else could spot, then come back and ask if they'd been missed. :wank:

IdolEyes787
10-18-2021, 11:58 PM
You know what they say; it's all fun and games until somebody loses a Jew. :(

anon
10-20-2021, 08:53 AM
Impeach Trump, gas the kikes, healthcare reform.

Don't mind me, just doing my part.

Caballero
10-20-2021, 01:34 PM
It must suck living in Argentina right now, knowing all your personal information got hacked and is available on the internet.

At least in the US we only assume that all our personal information got hacked and is available on the internet.

anon
10-20-2021, 09:01 PM
You had the Equifax breach, so I guess this means we're one step closer to being a first world country. Time to get rid of tuition-free colleges and free healthcare next :)

IdolEyes787
10-26-2021, 04:22 PM
Today I learned that portions of humanity are even stupider than I thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL3DXJE9UJk

j2k4
10-26-2021, 08:54 PM
Those are dogs, Idol...:rolleyes:

IdolEyes787
11-23-2021, 09:29 PM
Meg's ghost says that "FST is down for maintenance" is code for RealitY is finally having that sex change surgery done.

Meg's ghost says that he has a million of them.

IdolEyes787
11-23-2021, 09:36 PM
Also if this is really a Chinese phishing site and not the actual FST then is it true you killed that female tennis player and all her recent appearances has been done by a talented English actor named M.E. Clifton-James? Xiexie.

Caballero
11-23-2021, 11:27 PM
So I guess we went back to some old backup from three weeks ago? Looks like we lost two week’s worth of NZBs.

Not going to be able to post anything again until after the holidays/weekend. I’ve actually quite enjoyed the downtime. Amazing how much time I had all of a sudden. :)

IdolEyes787
11-24-2021, 12:30 AM
You make my soul ache. I bet you wear a lot of beige.

Funkin'
11-24-2021, 01:37 AM

IdolEyes787
11-24-2021, 12:56 PM

He's probably the type who watches YouTube how to videos when he doesn't even need to.

Caballero
11-24-2021, 01:30 PM

It's more like 50 shades of red/pink. And purple.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2021, 08:03 PM
Both pink and red are outlawed in Texas for obvious reasons.

megabyteme
11-24-2021, 09:43 PM

I believe it is more of an ecru.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2021, 10:10 PM
"Shades of white, black, and ecru". If it's neither black nor white how does one know whether to shoot it or not?

megabyteme
11-24-2021, 10:33 PM
Happy real Thanksgiving everyone!

shaina
11-25-2021, 01:02 AM

:hug: :drunk:

Clear your PM's

IdolEyes787
11-25-2021, 12:49 PM

Thanksgiving was last Tuesday if memory serves me correctly.

IdolEyes787
11-25-2021, 01:18 PM
Tuesday 'bout 4:30. The light was just beginning to fade and there was I believe a light scent of honeysuckle in the air from an earlier rain.

anon
11-26-2021, 03:59 PM
So I guess we went back to some old backup from three weeks ago? Looks like we lost two week’s worth of NZBs.

At least it was two weeks and not seven months this time :stuart:

anon
11-26-2021, 04:10 PM
And now the world will never know that Idol was a tragic anti-hero.

anon
11-26-2021, 04:17 PM
In all seriousness, though, this forum will turn 20 not so long from now and it's still here... through and despite everything. How amazing is that?

Stehle
11-26-2021, 04:51 PM
How amazing is that?

Quite. I had developed a brilliant daily morning routine were I visited this site once a day.

(It was a good move that it came back... and I don't even need to flush.) ;) :alien:

IdolEyes787
11-26-2021, 07:07 PM
And now the world will never know that Idol was a tragic anti-hero. It's not important the World knows, what is important is that when it comes right down to it, I can still be counted on to do the wrong thing. This is my gift. This is my curse.

IdolEyes787
11-27-2021, 09:10 PM
I ate too much chocolate and now my stomach hurts. Damn you lack of common sense, damn you to hell.

IdolEyes787
11-27-2021, 09:35 PM
Why Canada is maybe the best place on Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXulsCU1geg

IdolEyes787
11-28-2021, 12:53 PM
And then there was one......

anon
11-28-2021, 04:01 PM
I ate too much chocolate and now my stomach hurts. Damn you lack of common sense, damn you to hell.

Too much chocolate is like too much ice cream or too much pizza: there is no such concept.

anon
11-28-2021, 04:01 PM
Why Canada is maybe the best place on Earth.

Besides North Korea, of course.

anon
11-28-2021, 04:02 PM
Also, I hacked Funkin's webcam yesterday.

IdolEyes787
11-28-2021, 08:07 PM

Too much chocolate is like too much ice cream or too much pizza: there is no such concept.
Spoken like someone who has never tried. Sad.

You know and this is a true story, I once ate 3 entire pizzas at one sitting and only officially died two or three times. Of course I was younger then and in those days people could stand death better than they can now.

anon
11-29-2021, 03:40 PM
My record is 3.875 pizzas with zero deaths. Maybe you just aren't good at this.

IdolEyes787
12-01-2021, 12:20 AM
Anchovies are the little death. I shall allow them to pass through me and when they are gone, there will be nothing and only I will remain.

Btw the best pizza I ever had was in the long forgotten past and it had shrimp on it and was consumed in a warehouse so go figure.

anon
12-01-2021, 03:34 PM
Anchovies are the little death. I shall allow them to pass through me and when they are gone, there will be nothing and only I will remain.

Could be worse, could be pineapple :shutup:

Funkin'
12-01-2021, 03:52 PM
Also, I hacked Funkin's webcam yesterday.

You know, you could've taken a better screenshot than that. I mean you can't even see my cousins face.

Expected more from you, anon.

j2k4
12-01-2021, 06:05 PM

Btw the best pizza I ever had was in the long forgotten past and it had shrimp on it and was consumed in a warehouse so go figure.

Agreed, on anchovies.

"Best pizza" is sure a tough call anymore.

Every shop I've ever frequented is about half-way down the slope, these days.

I and a few friends authored a pizza famous throughout the Yoop - it's called the 'Paint Shop Special" and can be had at Irenes' Pizza, in Baraga.

It's one of those shrimp-and-other-stuff deals.

IdolEyes787
12-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Cool, though "paint shop special" sounds like some sort of sex act. Probably the sausage.

ripcord
12-02-2021, 05:51 PM
We need a poop emoji

IdolEyes787
12-02-2021, 06:06 PM
Just take some of your own shit and rub it on your monitor screen.

anon
12-03-2021, 02:56 AM
You know, you could've taken a better screenshot than that. I mean you can't even see my cousins face.

Expected more from you, anon.

Then next time smile and say cheese, both of you :smilie4:

anon
Cool, though "paint shop special" sounds like some sort of sex act. Probably the sausage.

"There is a difference!"

Nowadays that little joke would get someone arrested for pedophilia, drug trafficking, financial speculation and bullying.

anon
We need a poop emoji

Look harder, nya.

:shit:

Hopefully that counted as at least 30 minutes of community service.

IdolEyes787
12-03-2021, 01:36 PM
Nowadays that little joke would get someone arrested for pedophilia, drug trafficking, financial speculation and bullying.

You can get arrested for bullying now? I guess I will have to be more careful in the future with my words around all the fat, ugly, ghey losers then.

anon
12-03-2021, 05:53 PM
You can get arrested for bullying now?

It's a federal crime. Punishable by having the cops come and take your iPhone and Facestagram accounts and not even paying for the ensuing psychologist bills.

x00
12-03-2021, 11:35 PM
test

Funkin'
12-04-2021, 02:23 AM
Lookie lookie

IdolEyes787
12-04-2021, 12:31 PM
test
Who are you and why are you now a moderator? I don't recall voting for you in any election. What are your qualifications besides being willing to accept the job and historically showing no interest in any other member of the board?
Call me a starry-eyed dreamer but I always thought the next moderator would better than anon or at least a ghey body positive woman of colour.
No seriously, even anon has managed 20k posts and all he talks about is anime porn and how nerd internet stuff justifies the mass slaughter of monkeys.

IdolEyes787
12-04-2021, 02:07 PM
You can get arrested for bullying now?

It's a federal crime. Punishable by having the cops come and take your iPhone and Facestagram accounts and not even paying for the ensuing psychologist bills.

I don't have a iFone or any social media accounts and all my medical bills are covered by the government. Also federal crimes are the jurisdiction of the Feds not the cops. I guess this is God way of telling me that the only thing preventing me from bullying is moral rectitude or in the case of the US, the Second Amendment.

IdolEyes787
12-04-2021, 06:38 PM
x00, is the reason that you've posted so little on FST in the past 12 years is because you assumed all the other posters were Black?

x00
12-04-2021, 06:52 PM
x00, is the reason that you've posted so little on FST in the past 12 years is because you assumed all the other posters were Black?

Sheeesshhhh...

Funkin'
12-04-2021, 07:19 PM
Developer now. Next Site Owner?

IdolEyes787
12-04-2021, 09:20 PM

Sheeesshhhh... You may not know this having spent obviously way to much time studying computers but when "sheeesshhh" is uttered in a court of law it's considered an admission of guilt. Sort of like nolo contendere (no contest) except reserved for instances where the defendant thinks TikTok is a good way for an adult to pass time.

At least I now know where to direct SomethingElse if when he launches into one of his long diatribes about what's really wrong with the World nowadays is there's nowhere near enough lynchings.

anon
12-04-2021, 10:31 PM
Who are you and why are you now a moderator? I don't recall voting for you in any election. What are your qualifications besides being willing to accept the job and historically showing no interest in any other member of the board?
Call me a starry-eyed dreamer but I always thought the next moderator would better than anon or at least a ghey body positive woman of colour.
No seriously, even anon has managed 20k posts and all he talks about is anime porn and how nerd internet stuff justifies the mass slaughter of monkeys.

That's perpostous prepostrious bullshit. Anyway, don't bully x00, he's a good dude.

And I wouldn't know what to do with my life if hentai wasn't a thing. It is true.

anon
12-04-2021, 10:31 PM
I don't have a iFone or any social media accounts

Well, for the remaining 99.99% of cases it is considered an effective, fitting deterrent.

RealitY
12-05-2021, 08:29 AM

Have been doing that for while now. Was not able to sort how to add emojis on the site.

We need a poop emoji

Look harder, nya.

Fkin shit...

Funkin'
12-05-2021, 07:42 PM
Anyway, don't bully x00, he's a good dude.

Wait. He's racist and a good dude. In the club he comes...

IdolEyes787
12-05-2021, 09:27 PM
Anyway, don't bully x00, he's a good dude. Nothing against you or your racist buddy, anon but you've offered no evidence to support that claim and the only person's word that I'm prepared to take on faith is Keanu Reeves'.

IdolEyes787
12-05-2021, 09:32 PM
Anyway, don't bully x00, he's a good dude.

Meg says that he'll have to show at least a Maltese Cross tattoo to prove that the whole mindless hatred of minorities isn't just for show.

Funkin'
12-06-2021, 01:11 AM
I'd be down with seeing a "Hate Whitey" tattoo. But going through Meg is indeed the proper channel.

ripcord
12-06-2021, 11:58 AM

That is just disturbing... on so many levels.... and now i can't stop imagining it :slap:

We need a poop emoji

Look harder, nya.

Hopefully that counted as at least 30 minutes of community service.

well shit.... :shit:

IdolEyes787
12-06-2021, 01:05 PM
I don't have a iFone or any social media accounts

Well, for the remaining 99.99% of cases it is considered an effective, fitting deterrent.

Mum always said I was special.

IdolEyes787
12-06-2021, 01:11 PM
That is just disturbing... on so many levels.... and now i can't stop imagining it :slap:

Every sin begins as an idea. :)

IdolEyes787
12-06-2021, 01:26 PM
I'd be down with seeing a "Hate Whitey" tattoo. But going through Meg is indeed the proper channel. I hope we're not losing sight of the true villains in all this, the Ottoman Empire the Huns The Red Menace v1The Red Menace v2 Muslims the Chinese the monarchy the patriarchy big business the poor the Left the Right government unions Facebook Besoz Disney.

anon
12-06-2021, 09:19 PM
Was not able to sort how to add emojis on the site.

Wonder how many people know what :ft: is?

anon

Eh, didn't even swap the S and H in the site logo for the SS runes and a swastika. :rolleyes:

anon
I hope we're not losing sight of the true villains in all this, the Ottoman Empire the Huns The Red Menace v1The Red Menace v2 Muslims the Chinese the monarchy the patriarchy big business the poor the Left the Right government unions Facebook Besoz Disney.

Everyone knows it's all Bill Gates' fault. Nice attempt at misdirection, though, didn't picture you shilling for him :dry:

IdolEyes787
12-06-2021, 09:30 PM
It's a living.

IdolEyes787
12-06-2021, 09:45 PM

Eh, didn't even swap the S and H in the site logo for the SS runes and a swastika. :rolleyes: He only didn't so that then we could all not see them.

anon
12-06-2021, 11:30 PM
He only didn't so that then we could all not see them.

I can or cannot believe that.

Caballero
12-07-2021, 04:19 AM
Question out of left field -- can anyone point me to a somewhat uptodate primer on blockchain technology and its applications?

anon
12-07-2021, 05:12 PM
Off the top of my head: imaginary money, filesharing, and anti-filesharing.

Have you checked the external sources on Wikipedia already?

Caballero
12-07-2021, 05:21 PM
That would be too easy.

Funkin'
12-07-2021, 06:15 PM
Post out of left field. I recently got new socks that are comfy as fuck.

IdolEyes787
12-07-2021, 06:24 PM
Anti-blister socks are the greatest invention since regular socks and only cost like ten times as much.

IdolEyes787
12-07-2021, 06:30 PM
Twenty five dollars American or at today's exchange rate, seven thousand Canadian. I believe in England they are 50 kippers or penny farthings or it's not soccer it's football, heathens or something.

IdolEyes787
12-07-2021, 06:40 PM
Off the top of my head: imaginary money, filesharing, and anti-filesharing.

Have you checked the external sources on Wikipedia already?

I read an article on bitcoin mining and how it involves counting imaginary numbers and all the profits go to five main collectives running superpowered computers that use more electricity than some countries and came to the conclusion that people are idiots.

anon
12-07-2021, 08:29 PM

Make sure to wash them after every sexytime, or they'll get crusty too :kiss:

anon
12-07-2021, 08:29 PM
I read an article on bitcoin mining and how it involves counting imaginary numbers and all the profits go to five main collectives running superpowered computers that use more electricity than some countries and came to the conclusion that people are idiots.

There is definitely room for an independent currency that is not under the control of any large bank or institution, but BitCoin (or at least what it ended up becoming) doesn't tick all the right boxes.

Still wish I'd mined some on 2009, though. Could be sitting in an isolated mansion by now, living the anon lifestyle with style :sly:

IdolEyes787
12-07-2021, 09:10 PM
Cryptocurrency is like most nfts, they have no intrinsic value. The problem with that is if something has no real value then any idiot is free to attach whatever price to it he wants. ie ip stocks Things were probably better back in the olden days when only rich people were cunts and the gold reserve acted as a failsafe. I'll never forgive Goldfinger for fucking that up.

IdolEyes787
12-07-2021, 09:12 PM

Funny how the mind works. Mine for instance, didn't go there for a second.

Funkin'
12-08-2021, 01:15 AM

Well I haven't actually put them on my feet yet.

ripcord
12-08-2021, 03:00 AM

anon
12-08-2021, 03:39 AM
Cryptocurrency is like most nfts, they have no intrinsic value. The problem with that is if something has no real value then any idiot is free to attach whatever price to it he wants.

Neither does fiat money, but at least that's controlled by smarter and more powerful idiots :) And the Jews and Bill Gates, of course.

anon
12-08-2021, 03:40 AM

Well, consider the source.

shaina
12-08-2021, 07:39 AM
Neither does fiat money, but at least that's controlled by smarter and more powerful idiots :) And the Jews and Bill Gates, of course.

Are you looking for me Chicken Shit :unsure:

IdolEyes787
12-08-2021, 12:55 PM
Cryptocurrency is like most nfts, they have no intrinsic value. The problem with that is if something has no real value then any idiot is free to attach whatever price to it he wants.

Not sure if you mean coin of the realm or apartments. If apartments then as far as I understand, pricing is somewhat dependent of whether there are any Blacks living next door or not so it's not completely subjective.

IdolEyes787
12-08-2021, 01:06 PM

Well, consider the source. Wikipedia?

IdolEyes787
12-08-2021, 01:23 PM

Are you looking for me Chicken Shit :unsure: Shay. Think of the best abs you've ever seen. Now imagine even better abs. Now imagine even better abs than that. Now stop fantasizing about guys abs you big homo.
Btw I know I'm putting myself at risk by saying that because I've seen Munich and know what you guys are capable of given access to a bicycle pump.

shaina
12-08-2021, 01:41 PM
Shay. Think of the best abs you've ever seen. Now imagine even better abs. Now imagine even better abs than that. Now stop thinking about guys abs you big homo.
Btw I know I'm putting myself at risk by saying that because I've seen Munich and know what you guys are capable of given access to a bicycle pump.

:lol: :artist::artist: :lol:

Actually thinking of purchasing some new socks, but my problem is i only like ankle style ones, you know for golf :whistling

I got a sprinkle of snow here, how is it in your neck of the woods??

I will be hitting the golf simulator, not sure if i can travel to Florida this year with the better half....Too bad there isn't one in the condo:cry:

Stehle
12-08-2021, 02:58 PM
Mowing the left field post: I had to smoke some cut the grass in shorts, flip flops, no socks and no shirt...

(I dislike mowing of any kind, but the abs sure got a workout.) ;) :alien:

Upper 80's... come on down! :pinch:

shaina
12-08-2021, 04:37 PM
Mowing the left field post: I had to smoke some cut the grass in shorts, flip flops, no socks and no shirt...

(I dislike mowing of any kind, but the abs sure got a workout.) ;) :alien:

Upper 80's... come on down! :pinch:

My mother-in law left last Friday!!, believe me if i could i would have left before her!!!!, it is way more difficult with my wife now!!, and believe me i would take a day off golfing to come see ya;) :hug:

I am trying to figure out a 3 week span because my wife and i have to be back for her infusion she gets every month (MS remember)...

Truth buddy, i dislike flying:fear:, i usually drive, but i don't see that happening:sadwalk:

I would love to move one of my kids into the condo and go myself, but that ain't gonna happen:cry:..

And i know the weather is good, was raining a bit, but temperature wise, amazing!!....Ya lucky bugger:)....

IdolEyes787
12-08-2021, 06:55 PM

shaina
12-08-2021, 08:24 PM

That bad?? Almost motivates you to move to Barrie :whistling..

Sorry to hear Idol.

Are you going on a vacation???

By the way... We weren't speaking, but i was at CFB Trenton many times dropping off fertilizer at the golf course there with my buddy.

I saw our inventory of military Planes Canada has, i can say it was not impressive :)...

IdolEyes787
12-08-2021, 09:17 PM
I saw our inventory of military Planes Canada has, i can say it was not impressive :)... They hide all the good ones precisely so that weak-willed blabbermouths like you won't go out and get seduced by some beautiful blonde Russian spy and spill all our secrets to the commies.

IdolEyes787
12-08-2021, 09:24 PM
I hate snow. This is an actual fact. People used to always say to me , "why don't you take up skiing or something and learn to enjoy Winter?" To which I answer, "fuck off ".
I once killed a young child for making a snowman. She had it coming for rubbing the whole winter wonderland thing in my face.

shaina
12-08-2021, 09:49 PM
I saw our inventory of military Planes Canada has, i can say it was not impressive :)... They hide all the good ones precisely so that weak-willed blabbermouths like you won't go out and get seduced by some beautiful blonde Russian spy and spill all our secrets to the commies.

Commies still stands but i lean towards slanted eyed women that make good egg rolls:tease:

I can tell you it is humongous piece of property!!!

And they were not worried about a mask/covid, but they sure asked for a few pieces of ID... A couple of times i saw cargo planes take off and land, but truly there really wasn't any new up to date planes anywhere?? Again i will give you the benefit of the doubt, they could be using them in missions somewhere?? But being real, our rolls being "Peace Keepers", i wouldn't hold my breath we actually have anything new for at least 5 decades:)

shaina
12-08-2021, 09:54 PM
I hate snow. This is an actual fact. People used to always say to me , "why don't you take up skiing or something and learn to enjoy Winter?" To which I answer, "fuck off ".
I once killed a young child for making a snowman. She had it coming for rubbing the whole winter wonderland thing in my face.

Tell me did He/She form boobs on the snowman, making it gender neutral:unsure:

Truth, not a big fan of snow or rain, if my wife was not ill, i would be living in a sunny place for 4-5 months every year;)...

anon
12-08-2021, 11:53 PM
Are you looking for me Chicken Shit :unsure:

My apologies, Mr. Gates...

anon
12-08-2021, 11:53 PM

You're not an eighties man. :(

IdolEyes787
12-11-2021, 12:21 AM
Whoever said "the pen is mightier than the sword" has clearly never tried to fight a sword with a pen.

anon
12-12-2021, 12:31 AM
"When the power of love overcomes the love for power, the world will know peace" -- Carlos Menem

IdolEyes787
12-12-2021, 07:10 PM
Commies still stands but i lean towards slanted eyed women that make good egg rolls:tease:

Have a fortune cookie then, traitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCHgGjO9y98&amp;list=PLY5UQw1JYSp1FbBae4lV2JW4XzlVXNYJK

shaina
12-12-2021, 07:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54J6XOByoG8

IdolEyes787
12-13-2021, 09:18 PM
Argentinian Soul Train seems way different than I remember the American version being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJy29SvcVH0

anon
12-14-2021, 07:11 PM
These so-called celebrities whose only talent is showing T&A are partly why I left my old TV by the curb with a note that read "works fine, great opportunity!" :sleep:

Is this how Americans who have a brain feel about the Kardashians?

IdolEyes787
12-14-2021, 08:25 PM
"Hustle beats talent when talent doesn't hustle". I believe that is the actual slogan of YouTube. Also dogs.

IdolEyes787
12-14-2021, 10:26 PM
These so-called celebrities whose only talent is showing T&A are partly why I left my old TV by the curb with a note that read "works fine, great opportunity!" :sleep:

Is this your way of telling me that you don't like girls?

shaina
12-15-2021, 12:40 AM
"Hustle beats talent when talent doesn't hustle". I believe that is the actual slogan of YouTube. Also dogs.

I am thinking you were never commission salesmen of the month ;)

silver not platinum gold spoon baby:)

shaina
12-15-2021, 12:43 AM

Is this how Americans who have a brain feel about the Kardashians?

Anime boobies turn you on more right:naughty:

As for the fake big ass Kardashians, that is a puzzle i could never figure out.....

PS. Anon Is the game section now giving you credit for posting??

IdolEyes787
12-15-2021, 01:28 PM
As for the fake big ass Kardashians, that is a puzzle i could never figure out.....

The Kardashians have done more to lower the standards for beauty than anyone save maybe Botticelli. This current thic business makes me sic. There is a difference between being "curvy" and being fat.

Anyway, Kylie Jenner without the benefit of modern quackery. Oh well at least her soul is probably the same shade of black.

IdolEyes787
12-15-2021, 01:32 PM

I am thinking you were never commission salesmen of the month ;)

silver not platinum gold spoon baby:) It's a dog eat dog world and so I rose to the top of the sales heap on the bodies of my coworkers. It's not like any of their kids really needed three meals a day anyway.:snooty:

anon
12-15-2021, 07:15 PM

Don't try to drag me down with you, Gaylord :no: I'm 86% heterosexual like most forum moderators, I just have some standards.

anon
Anime boobies turn you on more right:naughty:

Well...

PS. Anon Is the game section now giving you credit for posting??

You mean the section that doesn't exist anymore?

anon
This current thic business makes me sic.

You may not think thicc be like it is, but it do. Kim doesn't qualify, though.

IdolEyes787
12-15-2021, 08:13 PM

Don't try to drag me down with you, Gaylord :no: I'm 86% heterosexual like most forum moderators, I just have some standards.

You may not not know this, you being as what we refer to it in polite society as an illegal but there was a baseball player named Gaylord Perry who played for the Texas Rangers. Great pitcher but a total fag.

shaina
12-15-2021, 08:56 PM

Don't try to drag me down with you, Closet Gaylord :no:

Fixed, and you may be on to something, when the profile fits:whistling