PDA

View Full Version : Last one to post wins the internets

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Barbarossa
11-18-2016, 09:37 AM
It seems to be all 'playlists' these days :unsure:

It seems that the young 'uns don't really bother with 'owning' music anymore, they just stream it when they want it.

...but I'm sure you know all this better than me. :idunno:

shaina
11-18-2016, 09:44 AM
What is Albums?? Is that something you put your kids photos in:DNo, that's a hard drive.
Am I missing some new thing that the cool kids call albums these daze.

I was just joking Manker... I have one of those Digital Picture Frames still in the box, that you can add a bunch of .jpeg, .image files and have them on display:D

I actually still prefer to listen to vinyl over CD or Digital Downloads, but it can be hard to find vinyl albums today. I have quite of few from Jazz to Rock and Disco originals,
And i bet Idol has even more than i do....

But between SeriusXM Radio and Spotify, and many other free streaming music companies today no need to even purchase music, just need speakers in the house and outside and use your phone or laptop, it is just more convenient..
You can even add docking stations around the house or mini Ipads.

Barbarossa
11-18-2016, 09:50 AM
Also while we're on the subject of young 'uns, they don't understand that not all screens are touch-sensitive screens. What's that all about?

Daughter #2 was using the laptop last night, and starts prodding the screen with her finger, shouting "IT'S NOT WORKING. WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?" :facepalm:

manker
11-18-2016, 09:55 AM
No, that's a hard drive.
Am I missing some new thing that the cool kids call albums these daze.

I was just joking Manker... I have one of those Digital Picture Frames still in the box, that you can add a bunch of .jpeg, .image files and have them on display:D

I actually still prefer to listen to vinyl over CD or Digital Downloads, but it can be hard to find vinyl albums today. I have quite of few from Jazz to Rock and Disco originals,
And i bet Idol has even more than i do....

But between SeriusXM Radio and Spotify, and many other free streaming music companies today no need to even purchase music, just need speakers in the house and outside and use your phone or laptop, it is just more convenient..Yeah, I guess. I don't listen to a lot of music. I stubbornly stick to the one genre I like and switch up the albums on my phone for when it's needed.
I usually listen to an audiobook if I'm driving on my own or inflict Talksport upon my companions if I'm not.

Don't get the vinyl thing. It's like looking at someone's imperfect 'art' depiction of a scene when a photograph does a better job.

manker
11-18-2016, 10:03 AM
Also while we're on the subject of young 'uns, they don't understand that not all screens are touch-sensitive screens. What's that all about?

Daughter #2 was using the laptop last night, and starts prodding the screen with her finger, shouting "IT'S NOT WORKING. WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?" :facepalm::lol:
I've seen my kids reaching up for the telly to do that, too.

We should all number our kids. In the before time, I thought JP did it 'cos he's old and has hundreds.
Thinking about it now, though, it's just a convenient way of relaying the pertinent information to a reader.

manker
11-18-2016, 10:07 AM
Carnage in the cricket. England 80-5 in reply to India's 445 :pinch:

Barbarossa
11-18-2016, 10:12 AM

I've programmed myself like a Westworld host to pretend that cricket doesn't exist.

So your comment doesn't look like anything to me.

shaina
11-18-2016, 10:14 AM
Don't get the vinyl thing. It's like looking at someone's imperfect 'art' depiction of a scene when a photograph does a better job.

For instance.. If you listen to a Supertramp, Genesis, any old school Disco, the sound is day and night. People try to describe vinyl being a warmer sound, but i don't understand what that means, i compared with the same speakers using all the different formats, and i still prefer vinyl:yup:
And i am not talking the new Record Players, i am talking about vintage ones, and you cherish them because they sound amazing plus it is a real pain in the ass to find replacement needles for them :'(

To each there own i guess on the sound people look for, that would be the same for headphones, in ear or over ear...
I tried listening to audio books for a while and it never stuck, i prefer playing loud music to keep me entertained, if i am not watching something on the TV..

shaina
11-18-2016, 10:15 AM
Daughter #2 was using the laptop last night, and starts prodding the screen with her finger, shouting "IT'S NOT WORKING. WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?" :facepalm:

Now that is hilarious!!!!!

shaina
11-18-2016, 10:17 AM

I think i downloaded Cricket for Xbox360 and still have yet to play it...

Have you ever played Cricket Manker??

Barbarossa
11-18-2016, 10:19 AM
I don't get the vinyl thing either. The quality of the music is more important than the quality of the sound.

Also... I don't get the "original art" thing. Why do people pay millions for an original piece of art, when a perfectly good reproduction will do. It's the same picture after all.

Same goes for forgeries. If a forgery is 99.9% accurate, what's the problem? Still looks good on the wall...

manker
11-18-2016, 10:41 AM

I think i downloaded Cricket for Xbox360 and still have yet to play it...

Have you ever played Cricket Manker??
Yeah, I sucked at it though. Played a bit for school and then joined the local team. My parents got all the kit for me, except a bat. I was to get a bat after my first 50.
It transpired that fielding was my forte and I 'participated' for a few games as a non-bowling number 11. Never did get that bat.

shaina
11-18-2016, 10:43 AM
I don't get the vinyl thing either. The quality of the music is more important than the quality of the sound.
Also... I don't get the "original art" thing. Why do people pay millions for an original piece of art, when a perfectly good reproduction will do. It's the same picture after all.
Same goes for forgeries. If a forgery is 99.9% accurate, what's the problem? Still looks good on the wall...

Interesting thought Barbarossa.. And i would agree with you when you are attaching a Movie/Visual part, but ask yourself this?? How many BD50's movies do you download?? or even purchase 4K movies??
When it is a movie i really like, and this would be mostly Action movies, i download the BD50 version. What is that?? That is basically the true version of the Blu ray rip, and it can be 30-60gig's , reason the sound tracks are really big, when you download a 1080 MKV file it is shrunk down and degraded, and it removes a lot of the sound quality, eg.. like MP3 from Flac..
But when you want to listen to raw 2 channel sound and you listen to it loud, it just seems to sound more raw and not digitally sampled..
Again it is your own personal preference..

As for real original art and reproductions, that would go under what you want and can afford, like going to art shows/auctions, and buying original signed art from an up and coming painter/artist or even a sculpture , and you like his or her work, if you can afford it and you want it, do what the heck you want:D
Maybe you could compare that to someone that buys and collects Sports cards for a few bucks because they want it, not saying they need it per-say...

Again Barbarossa, what you put in your house or dwelling is up to you, i am not really a art guy but i do have a few sports things that i purchased and like, and have them displayed in rooms in my house..
That is what i like:D,

shaina
11-18-2016, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I sucked at it though. Played a bit for school and then joined the local team. My parents got all the kit for me, except a bat. I was to get a bat after my first 50.
It transpired that fielding was my forte and I 'participated' for a few games as a non-bowling number 11. Never did get that bat.

I figured that would be a School sport on your side of the Pond. I have never played, but i tried watching it a few times and between that and Baseball i find it kind of boring to watch, and it would be the same, in school i played Baseball, but i guess i was lucky i got to bat:D and usually played outfield or third base...
For house league or pickup games i preferred playing hockey, ice or ball, didn't matter to me, then Tennis took over a few years, now it is mainly Golf:01:

Do you play any sports now Manker??

manker
11-18-2016, 11:02 AM

Same goes for forgeries. If a forgery is 99.9% accurate, what's the problem? Still looks good on the wall...Yep, agree 100%. It's all about the fedora factor, innit.

I saw this painting on imgur (http://imgur.com/gallery/JRCuf) the other day, it is fantastically realistic. The kind of thing that would look good in one of the kids' bedrooms.
The original would go for thousands I imagine, so I went to the artist's website and looked to see if there were any prints available instead.
There were, so I got my card out and thought even with shipping, it won't be too expensive. I've done this kind of thing before when I've liked some picture or other that I saw on the internets.

It was $800 US. For a print. The last one I bought was £30, and I thought that was a bit cheeky, like.
Artists are cocks. Fact.

Barbarossa
11-18-2016, 11:09 AM
$800 doesn't sound so bad. You can't put a price on a hi-res teddy bear's orgy. Any child would love to wake up to that every morning :unsure:

shaina
11-18-2016, 11:10 AM
It was $800 US. For a print. The last one I bought was £30, and I thought that was a bit cheeky, like.
Artists are cocks. Fact.

I am glad you are happy Manker:)

shaina
11-18-2016, 11:17 AM
$800 doesn't sound so bad. You can't put a price on a hi-res teddy bear's orgy. Any child would love to wake up to that every morning :unsure:

I had an artist come to my house and paint kids theme shit right on the walls, what ever it costed, so many years later i painted over it with something else:idunno:

Your way Manker, i would have more shit in the basement or be giving it away to someone that had young kids. Or what i did do on some shit is i gave it away for Tax Receipts:D

shaina
11-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Here is a question for you Torrent Guys...

When it comes to private torrent sites, is there always someone seeding??
Example... When you go to lets say Piratebay, and you look something up and it shows it was there one time, but now there is no one seeding...

Occasionally i use torrents if someone asked me for something and i can't get it on Usenet, it is rare but i get more pissed when you see it listed on the torrent site but no one is seeding, which makes it useless to even say it is there....

Does that happen on private Torrents??

shaina
11-18-2016, 12:00 PM
The quality of the music is more important than the quality of the sound.

Really what does this statement mean Barbarossa??

Could you elaborate/explain what you mean??

I might have not responded correctly the first time...

Quarterquack
11-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Occasionally i use torrents if someone asked me for something and i can't get it on Usenet, it is rare but i get more pissed when you see it listed on the torrent site but no one is seeding, which makes it useless to even say it is there....

Does that happen on private Torrents??

Yes. If a tracker is of decent quality they'll have clearly explained rules for when a .torrent is deleted off the server because a seeder is 'never' coming back. A reasonable period is 14 days. So if a tracker still indexes a file, it's because someone in the last two weeks could have still distributed it, for example.

Most private trackers have a 'request re-seed' button that asks all downloaders of the torrents if they still have it on their hard drives.

manker
11-18-2016, 12:01 PM

I figured that would be a School sport on your side of the Pond. I have never played, but i tried watching it a few times and between that and Baseball i find it kind of boring to watch, and it would be the same, in school i played Baseball, but i guess i was lucky i got to bat:D and usually played outfield or third base...
For house league or pickup games i preferred playing hockey, ice or ball, didn't matter to me, then Tennis took over a few years, now it is mainly Golf:01:

Do you play any sports now Manker??There's a pub based game called golf, too, best played in Swansea along the Mumbles Mile. Where a pint is par and if you have a chaser with it, then you make birdie. An eagle is obtained if your chaser is a double and so on. You can duck out of a round and get a bogie. After 18 pubs, the winner is ... actually, I've no idea. I've played the game dozens of times and I can never remember its conclusion.
From what Ive read, the golf you play seems to combine the sport and my version :]

I still play footie now, just five-a-side though. It's too cold to play on a Saturday for me these days.

shaina
11-18-2016, 12:30 PM
There's a pub based game called golf, too, best played in Swansea along the Mumbles Mile. Where a pint is par and if you have a chaser with it, then you make birdie. An eagle is obtained if your chaser is a double and so on. You can duck out of a round and get a bogie. After 18 pubs, the winner is ... actually, I've no idea. I've played the game dozens of times and I can never remember its conclusion.
From what Ive read, the golf you play seems to combine the sport and my version :]
I still play footie now, just five-a-side though. It's too cold to play on a Saturday for me these days.

That is funny and true at the same time, but i add pain meds as well :lol:
Also sounds like you tried to get too many eagles and it fucked up your memory LOL!!

It is not like i am out of shape, but running sports are just not my thing anymore. I try to rally the ball around on the tennis court in Florida when i am there for a bit, Golf seems to be my thing now. And if you ever do take it up, fuck it can be frustrating!!, you can have a streak of rounds and shoot in the low 80's or even break 80, then you get the frustrating rounds that you can't sink a bloody putt or hit a drive in any direction that is rewarding, but the truth is when you are playing with a bunch of nice guys/friends it is really fun:D
And on the doorstep of 50, my brain still thinks i am 30 and my body says "I DON"T THINK SO!!", and you can't say golf is a cardio sport, but boy you do have to stretch your body or you can't hit the ball properly (hens the back meds+alcohol).

manker
11-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Artists are cocks. Fact.

I am glad you are happy Manker:):eyebrows:
I wonder what was there before the edit.

manker
11-18-2016, 12:39 PM
$800 doesn't sound so bad. You can't put a price on a hi-res teddy bear's orgy. Any child would love to wake up to that every morning :unsure:Is that what you see :o
I've always thought that it's not the mouth it comes out of, but the mind it goes into.

shaina
11-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Yes. If a tracker is of decent quality they'll have clearly explained rules for when a .torrent is deleted off the server because a seeder is 'never' coming back. A reasonable period is 14 days. So if a tracker still indexes a file, it's because someone in the last two weeks could have still distributed it, for example.
Most private trackers have a 'request re-seed' button that asks all downloaders of the torrents if they still have it on their hard drives.

Thanks Quarterquak for the response:D
Meg gave me an invite to IPT a long time back and i still to this day not used it(really do hate the seeding shit!!), but the problem i did find compared to let say Extratorrent, which is a public torrent site they seem to actually have more files on it, and what i mean, you say 14 days, what happens if what you are looking for is 3 or more years old?? or the interest for the file is gone on the private site??
I use to notice that more on KickAss torrents and sometimes i got lucky and there was 1-2 seeders for real (sometimes the seeder # was fake or wrong). How i am interpreting what you are saying, if it is not re-upped and seeded again you are fucked on the private torrent sites.

But your last comment on request or requesting something that is not on the site, i would assume if anyone has it on there drive, they would be courteous, and have it available for you. I haven't really run into a problem so far with Usenet and the occasional use of public torrents, but thanks for the Info Quarterquack, it may come in handy if Usenet becomes wonky for me..

Thanks Again
Shay

shaina
11-18-2016, 12:56 PM
:eyebrows:
I wonder what was there before the edit.

Nothing bad or smart-ass like Manker honestly, I added the smile :)

shaina
11-18-2016, 01:02 PM
$800 doesn't sound so bad. You can't put a price on a hi-res teddy bear's orgy. Any child would love to wake up to that every morning :unsure:Is that what you see :o
I've always thought that it's not the mouth it comes out of, but the mind it goes into.

What i saw was the prints did look really cool, and what ever the bloody things cost if you really wanted them for your kids room and he/she would enjoy or would entertain them , ya frigging buy it;)
Remember being an Accountant Manker(or a Bean Counter in your words:lol:), it is only money, and there is plenty more to hide earn:P

anon
11-18-2016, 01:25 PM

Bad sound quality won't let you enjoy good music quality. With that said, some people can take it to extremes (feel free to look up any "MP3 vs. FLAC" discussions).

As we all know, 128 Kbps tracks from Limewire beat everything else anyway :smilie4:

IdolEyes787
11-18-2016, 01:32 PM
With that said, some people can take it to extremes (feel free to look up any "MP3 vs. FLAC" discussions).

This is true and so stupid as it's not like we're talking Dura ace vs SRAM Red gruppos.

Barbarossa
11-18-2016, 01:32 PM

Bad sound quality won't let you enjoy good music quality. With that said, some people can take it to extremes (feel free to look up any "MP3 vs. FLAC" discussions).

As we all know, 128 Kbps tracks from Limewire beat everything else anyway :smilie4:

To elaborate, I used to have a mate who bought all the top of the range hi-fi equipment he could get his hands on, just so he could play shitty dance tracks and rap and stuff.

I would much rather hear good proper music that I like with guitars and drums and real singers played on a crappy tape deck, than crap music played on the best equipment.

128 Kbps was always good enough for me back in the day, although I prefer at least 192Kbps now, or more of course, now we have effectively infinite storage and high speed broadband. (Not that my ears can really tell the difference...)

anon
11-18-2016, 01:49 PM
To elaborate, I used to have a mate who bought all the top of the range hi-fi equipment he could get his hands on, just so he could play shitty dance tracks and rap and stuff.

I would much rather hear good proper music that I like with guitars and drums and real singers played on a crappy tape deck, than crap music played on the best equipment.

Fair point, and so would I.

128 Kbps was always good enough for me back in the day, although I prefer at least 192Kbps now, or more of course, now we have effectively infinite storage and high speed broadband. (Not that my ears can really tell the difference...)

I'll admit I'll take V0 if given the choice, just in case, but at the end of the day I'll settle for whatever sounds good.

This (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23398715-how-music-got-free) book explains (among many other things) all the stuff the engineers behind MP3 had to go through to make it sound decently, first at any bitrate, then at 128K. It's a good read.

shaina
11-18-2016, 01:51 PM

320Kbps is DJ and Industry standard, but you could settle 256kbps :D

I actually took that statement (once i took a second look), as not on the actual recording/sampling, but the type of music/genres/artists:idunno:

And to be honest Anon, if you take the size of the file or how it is compressed into consideration, there is something to that on the quality of output or how it is decoded..

MP3 (128kbps) is quick and pretty much every player reads them but i wouldn't say it is the best listening quality, but it is usually what i use in my backyard for playback, but i wish they didn't get rid of 8tracks:lol:

Barbarossa
11-18-2016, 03:23 PM

manker
11-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Is that what you see :o

What i saw was the prints did look really cool, and what ever the bloody things cost if you really wanted them for your kids room and he/she would enjoy or would entertain them , ya frigging buy it;)
Remember being an Accountant Manker(or a Bean Counter in your words:lol:), it is only money, and there is plenty more to hide earn:PNo way, Pedro. What I've gleaned from the beans is that ripping people off or getting ripped off isn't the way up the mountain. My superpower is to look at the selling price of a product and almost instantly discern the gross profit percentage.
That cock wants someone to play his 1500% game and is using kids to do it. He can fuck the fuck off.

The original painting is different. He might have put months into it. Fine if he thinks his time and talent is worth that kind of mark-up, sincere good luck to him getting someone to pay it.
But flat bed printing? :dabs:

manker
11-18-2016, 05:01 PM
Republican scumboid :angry: :01: :angry:
I bet you could buy her new curtains for half that amount and she brings in more via Japanian tourists alone.

JPaul
11-18-2016, 05:57 PM
Tonight I will simultaneously be drinking t'apple, watching t'hoops play puntsphere and watching t'arras.

Does it get any fucking better than t'hat.

Something Else
11-18-2016, 07:09 PM
That does sound good. I will be dancing to some gypsydelica music, painting people's faces and getting hepped up on goofballs to the max.

chalice
11-18-2016, 07:24 PM
I shall be getting properly wopped with a blend of strenuous strangling weeds, coiffing the vino la rouge, listening to horrible foreign children arguing over wanky Minecraft, cos the twelve year old is here and he reckons he's a Minecraft savant, which he isn't, fuck I hate Minecraft, and I plan to watch as much Keith Moon drum performances as possible, with the sound down.

chalice
11-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Ha. Busyedit lives.

IdolEyes787
11-19-2016, 12:17 AM
Literally kill me.

Time magazine picks 100 most influential photos of all time
Images include 9/11's Falling Man, flag-raising at Iwo Jima, Ellen's Oscar selfie.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 01:27 PM
I shall be getting properly wopped with a blend of strenuous strangling weeds, coiffing the vino la rouge, listening to horrible foreign children arguing over wanky Minecraft, cos the twelve year old is here and he reckons he's a Minecraft savant, which he isn't, fuck I hate Minecraft, and I plan to watch as much Keith Moon drum performances as possible, with the sound down.

Is the twelve year old a foreign Johnny.

You could always listen to Leonard Cohen whilst watching Keith Moon drumming sans sound.

You wouldn't need weeds then.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 01:30 PM
That does sound good. I will be dancing to some gypsydelica music, painting people's faces and getting hepped up on goofballs to the max.

Painting people's faces, whilst hepped up on goofballs and dancing.

Quality.

Mr. Mulder
11-19-2016, 01:33 PM
back to work today after 2 weeks off :emo: its not so bad coming back on a Saturday for OT. The place is empty and there's a Simpsons double bill on the big tellybox behind me. 715 emails, over 300 from machines saying they're OK and not to worry :mushy:

In sad news my 98 year old gran apparently fell out of bed last night and is in a very bad way :sadwalk:

manker
11-19-2016, 02:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your gran, m80. Hope she'll be ok.
98 is very old for a gran, mine just had a birthday and she was 86, which I thought was doing pretty well for a human.

Your 2 weeks off went quick btw

manker
11-19-2016, 02:26 PM
And also; fuck you, Giroud.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 02:33 PM
Hoi Manboy, should you not be watching the egg chasing.

Japon should be a decent test :naughty:

manker
11-19-2016, 02:34 PM
vino la rougeJesus, fella. Only 8 hits on google for that conurbation of three tongues - and the first from an English language website.
I don't know whether to feel impressed or maligned.

manker
11-19-2016, 02:41 PM

They probably will be :pinch:

I've designated this one as not a proper international, as I've got to ration my all-dayers this month.
The gods are probably furiously debating my position on this as we speak.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 02:44 PM

I've designated this one as not a proper international, as I've got to ration my all-dayers this month.

So not a test then.

manker
11-19-2016, 02:47 PM

So not a test then.It's a test alright, these Japanians beat South Africa in the World Cup.

Mr. Mulder
11-19-2016, 02:59 PM
98 is very old for a gran, mine just had a birthday and she was 86, which I thought was doing pretty well for a human.

Wurd. I got into the building this morning and immediately thought another fucking year of this before another 2 weeks. Having done pretty much the same job for 10 years now I looked at career change websites while I was off. They all said you have to have interests and other skills, there's always a catch <_< still I sent an email off listing vaping, furious masturbating and early 2000s merkin TV dramas - wonder what they'll suggest :smilie4:

JPaul
11-19-2016, 03:20 PM

Wurd. I got into the building this morning and immediately thought another fucking year of this before another 2 weeks. Having done pretty much the same job for 10 years now I looked at career change websites while I was off. They all said you have to have interests and other skills, there's always a catch <_< still I sent an email off listing vaping, furious masturbating and early 2000s merkin TV dramas - wonder what they'll suggest :smilie4:

Accountant I'll be bound.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 03:22 PM
So not a test then.It's a test alright, these Japanians beat South Africa in the World Cup.

FFS make up your mind.

In other considerations, Gabby is still my fave milf.

manker
11-19-2016, 03:32 PM

Wurd. I got into the building this morning and immediately thought another fucking year of this before another 2 weeks. Having done pretty much the same job for 10 years now I looked at career change websites while I was off. They all said you have to have interests and other skills, there's always a catch <_< still I sent an email off listing vaping, furious masturbating and early 2000s merkin TV dramas - wonder what they'll suggest :smilie4:Well we've got exactly the same interests so they'll probably tell you to count beans.
It's a pretty sweet deal as you get team of hawt burds to do the heavy lifting while you vape in the big office upstairs while furiously masturbating over Banshee.

I've been watching Dark Matter, it's awful but the burds are on another level. I mean seriously fucking gorgeous.
I slip into an episode if the missus goes up to bed early :sly:

manker
11-19-2016, 03:33 PM
:lol:
Hadn't seen JP's reply before I made my own

manker
11-19-2016, 03:37 PM
It's a test alright, these Japanians beat South Africa in the World Cup.

FFS make up your mind.

In other considerations, Gabby is still my fave milf.I consider it a test, just not a Test.
I was just thinking at HT that Gabby is looking a bit mumsy these days. Still would, obviously.

manker
11-19-2016, 04:12 PM
30-30
5 mins left.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/bigdabses5.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/samsamsamsam/media/bigdabses5.gif.html)

JPaul
11-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Good result, that was quite a test for you Welsh chaps.

manker
11-19-2016, 04:51 PM
Yeah, cheers dude, we just squeaked it. I suppose it would have been a lot more comfortable in the end if I'd have made the effort and gone out.
Are you watching the tennis? Deciding set now - Canadia are challenging the UK. I've got no work done today fair play, like.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 04:57 PM
Yeah, cheers dude, we just squeaked it. I suppose it would have been a lot more comfortable in the end if I'd have made the effort and gone out.
Are you watching the tennis? Deciding set now - Canadia are challenging the UK. I've got no work done today fair play, like.

Just flicked it over to t'tennis.

Was watching the huns play Dundee but they got a jammy last minute winner.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Scotch egg chasing coming soon, I shall be watching that when it comes on.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 05:14 PM
The Canadian playing Andy Murray looks good.

Milos Raonic, from Titograd.

Which part of Canadia is that in.

manker
11-19-2016, 05:37 PM

Which part of Canadia is that in.Probably the same part as Greg Rusedski, the British guy.
Squeaky bum time for these tennisists now. What a game.

===

I don't think I'll be able to watch the Scotch match, I can't possibly get away with mutching from the house for much longer.
I foresee some Paw Patrol in my immediate future :dabs:

manker
11-19-2016, 05:43 PM
That 'Let's go, Andy, let's go' is the worst chant in the history of tribalism. I've never heard it not sound half-hearted.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 05:47 PM

Which part of Canadia is that in.Probably the same part as Greg Rusedski, the British guy.

===

I don't think I'll be able to watch the Scotch match, I can't possibly get away with mutching from the house for much longer.

Perfectly good Rodeski ruined.

Shame on you.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 05:48 PM
https://twitter.com/BigSportGB/status/799982038875078656?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email&iid=33f7b8d3b2894b0886eda41ab9189bad&uid=185787750&nid=244+281088000

manker
11-19-2016, 05:52 PM
Probably the same part as Greg Rusedski, the British guy.

===

Perfectly good Rodeski ruined.

Shame on you.

blob:<a%20rel="nofollow"%20href="http://filesharingtalk.com/external/?https://vine.co/e5fa7199-7874-4c58-b80f-c96b2c647f19"%20target="_blank">https://vine.co/e5fa7199-7874-4c58-b80f-c96b2c647f19</a>I saw that weird stuff before the busyedit. Wut's that, then? It goes nowhere that I can stalk.

manker
11-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Oh was that it :pinch:

Cheers and ta, wanklord.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 05:56 PM
https://twitter.com/DFImpressionist/status/799731464485085184?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email&iid=33f7b8d3b2894b0886eda41ab9189bad&uid=185787750&nid=244+272699392

manker
11-19-2016, 05:59 PM
https://twitter.com/DFImpressionist/status/799731464485085184?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email&iid=33f7b8d3b2894b0886eda41ab9189bad&uid=185787750&nid=244+272699392:lol: Scott Brown
He looks like Gerrard when he does the accent.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 06:53 PM
Great game of egg chasing twixt the Scotch and the Argies.

Well done to both teams.

Chuffed for Laidlaw getting the winning points.

chalice
11-19-2016, 07:22 PM
vino la rougeJesus, fella. Only 8 hits on google for that conurbation of three tongues - and the first from an English language website.

And I was convinced you would've eviscerated the coiffing thing as a matter of intercourse. I had a response all lined up and everythink.

JPaul
11-19-2016, 07:25 PM
Jesus, fella. Only 8 hits on google for that conurbation of three tongues - and the first from an English language website.

And I was convinced you would've eviscerated the coiffing thing as a matter of intercourse. I had a response all lined up and everythink.

If I'm honest I contemplated something about your wine and a haircut, however I was so pished I forgot the notion within seconds.

Peter (Snakebite) Wright knocking Phil (The Power) Taylor out of t'arras assisted me in that particular journey.

manker
11-20-2016, 09:06 PM
Jesus, fella. Only 8 hits on google for that conurbation of three tongues - and the first from an English language website.

I'm too used to dubious homophones now. When I see one, provided the user isn't a complete moran, it's accepted as a matter of course.

'vino la rouge', well, that arrested my eyeballs in their respective tracks and then caused my neck musculature to align my head so that my eyes were perpendicular to the offending prose.
My brow furrowed, and my hand moved to the mouse so that I could highlight the text and investigate via Google robots.
I just can't pick and choose where these autonomous lizard brain pushes take me.

manker
11-20-2016, 09:12 PM

Well done to both teams.

Chuffed for Laidlaw getting the winning points.You've got some decent centres now, I'll say that. I guess you'll be favourites for the game in March up there when we play you.

Also, the tennis went well just a moment ago, did you happen to see it? Great stuff from Murray.
Scotchland are on the up unless you like t'puntshpere.

JPaul
11-20-2016, 09:19 PM

Well done to both teams.

Chuffed for Laidlaw getting the winning points.You've got some decent centres now, I'll say that. I guess you'll be favourites for the game in March up there when we play you.

Also, the tennis went well just a moment ago, did you happen to see it? Great stuff from Murray.

Watched the end of the Tennis, Jock O'Vich looked jaded. Though that's a tad unfair on Ann D Murray.

I think Wales would still be favourites against us, but at least that result keeps us in the top 8. I think we are about 7th, with Wales 5th.

manker
11-20-2016, 09:48 PM
You've got some decent centres now, I'll say that. I guess you'll be favourites for the game in March up there when we play you.

Watched the end of the Tennis, Jock O'Vich looked jaded. Though that's a tad unfair on Ann D Murray.
It is a bit, Djokovic didn't look at all jaded when he was playing Nishikori yesterday, and he was only on court for an hour or so. I reckon Murray just put the ball in areas he couldn't exploit.
Andy Murray reminds me somewhat of Glenn McGrath, I'm not sure this will mean much to many but neither looked like they could be the best in the world when you looked at their attributes compared with others in the field - but they were/are due to their metronomic accuracy.

Mr. Mulder
11-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Just watched the new Planet Earth 2: Earth Harder. Sick viewing but for all I know they could just be making shit up, I've never been to a jungle so how do I know if these animals really exist? There's something about a tree dolphin that sounds a bit off :ermm:

IdolEyes787
11-20-2016, 11:57 PM
There's something about a tree dolphin that sounds a bit off :ermm:

Are you sure it wasn't tree porpoises because that seems plausible.

Barbarossa
11-21-2016, 09:46 AM
I bet you could buy her new curtains for half that amount and she brings in more via Japanian tourists alone.

1200 retweets on twitter :O

Didn't tag it either :bigdabs:

manker
11-21-2016, 10:46 AM

1200 retweets on twitter :O

Didn't tag it either :bigdabs:Nice one.
See, I'm sitting here thinking that you'd have only got a tenth of the re-tweets if you'd put a giant wanktag on it - mainly because I'd never re-tweet anything that's been tagged.
However, I don't have twitter and forswear all forms of social media, so wtf do I know.

Barbarossa
11-21-2016, 10:53 AM
Probably right.

In the vast free-flowing media shit-river that is twitter I appear to be stuck in a perpetual back-water. This is the first thing of mine that's got over 5 retweets, even though I've been trolling celebrities for months.

I only have 49 followers. Still, last week it was only 34.

manker
11-21-2016, 11:08 AM
Plagiarise popular shit from the FP of Imgur. Intersperse those tweets with your OC :idunno:
If you do that each evening from your jacuzzi, you've won whatevar happens.

Barbarossa
11-21-2016, 11:13 AM
That might be a plan :naughty:

mjmacky
11-21-2016, 01:23 PM
I said I was going to swear off Westworld because of the soap operesque scenes, but I wanted to like it. Despite my proclamations, I've been pushing through, watching it as a chore that accompanied other tasks like eating, pooping, and laundry (not directly connected). It could be too early to call, but at episode 7, I feel like I just earned dividends on my perseverance.

manker
11-21-2016, 01:43 PM
I said I was going to swear off Westworld because of the soap operesque scenes, but I wanted to like it. Despite my proclamations, I've been pushing through, watching it as a chore that accompanied other tasks like eating, pooping, and laundry (not directly connected). It could be too early to call, but at episode 7, I feel like I just earned dividends on my perseverance.I've seen a similar mantra from mulder (or I've been dreaming about him again). Also Big Les said it was good. Looks like I'm going to binge this one when s01 is over.

In related news, I mentioned Dark Matter the other day. I stated that it was awful, and it was, but then I watched the last six episodes of the series in a row when teh missus went to bed early because she's a massive gay, and now I think it's awesome. I possibly thought it was shite because it was trying too hard to be Firefly. The main plot-line turned out to be pretty solid.
Has anyone else watched this pile of wank/awesomeness?

mjmacky
11-21-2016, 02:05 PM
In related news, I mentioned Dark Matter the other day. I stated that it was awful, and it was, but then I watched the last six episodes of the series in a row when teh missus went to bed early because she's a massive gay, and now I think it's awesome. I possibly thought it was shite because it was trying too hard to be Firefly. The main plot-line turned out to be pretty solid.
Has anyone else watched this pile of wank/awesomeness?

Not I, so we shan't commiserate, but instead I feel like I want to rewatch Firefly.

mjmacky
11-21-2016, 02:13 PM
I've seen a similar mantra from mulder (or I've been dreaming about him again). Also Big Les said it was good. Looks like I'm going to binge this one when s01 is over.

In my infinite narcissism, I understand this to mean that I definitely should say something again once the season closes. It's just that there are some really good plot lines, scenes, and acting adjacent to really bad plot lines, scenes, and acting; the unintended disparity is jarring. There were two key things that happened in episode 7 that strongly tipped toward my favor (a host's decision and a revelation).

IdolEyes787
11-21-2016, 02:17 PM
I watched like part of a couple of episodes of Dark Matter and that other show Killjoys that tries even harder to be Firefly but I thought both to be pretty bad. As for Westworld, my mind works on the principle that if all the bt internet fags that I find to be truly odious like it then I refuse to watch it 'cause I hate them and so don't want to be them and stuff. :smilie4:

IdolEyes787
11-21-2016, 02:18 PM
Also any Science fiction that doesn't have Tom Cruise in it is ghey.

megabyteme
11-21-2016, 02:28 PM

Thanks for the new siggy. :lol:

megabyteme
11-21-2016, 02:36 PM
Was just wondering what Freddy Mercury would sound like unmixed. Impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDJXeUT2tg

Barbarossa
11-21-2016, 03:14 PM
I said I was going to swear off Westworld because of the soap operesque scenes, but I wanted to like it. Despite my proclamations, I've been pushing through, watching it as a chore that accompanied other tasks like eating, pooping, and laundry (not directly connected). It could be too early to call, but at episode 7, I feel like I just earned dividends on my perseverance.

Agreed. Episode 7 was just brilliant. In fact, it makes you want to rewatch episodes 1-6 to see if there were any clues about the reveal in episode 7. (which there probably wasn't).

Mr. Mulder
11-21-2016, 03:14 PM
Westworld is boring the tits off of me. I like cowboy shit and I like robot shit but its just another walking dead, nothing happens! Like the last episode where that guy turned out to be a robot, that took an hour! What's it up to now? Episode 6 or something? And maybe 3 things have happened? I'm not saying everything else isn't guilty of it, I even still watch the walking dead but despite it being robot cowboys with boobs, I just find it hard to give a fuck :idunno: I think I read somewhere it's already been renewed for 87 seasons.

I'll give this Dark Splatter a watch, Firefly is the best. :smilie4:

Barbarossa
11-21-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm still liking Aftermath, not that anyone cares :emo:

Barbarossa
11-21-2016, 03:22 PM

Minority Report is tedious. War of the Worlds is a good film, but that's more to do with H.G. Wells and Spielberg than Cruise. I dunno what other sci-fi he's done, Google says Vanilla Sky but I've not seen it :dabs:

Mr. Mulder
11-21-2016, 03:23 PM
That one where he dies a lot is pretty solid :smilie4:

Barbarossa
11-21-2016, 03:26 PM

Oh yeah that sounds eminently watchable :smilie4:

manker
11-21-2016, 03:35 PM
I watched like part of a couple of episodes of Dark Matter and that other show Killjoys that tries even harder to be Firefly but I thought both to be pretty bad.
I'll give this Dark Splatter a watch, Firefly is the best. :smilie4:First 6 eps are awful, I'd have given up if it wasn't for the incredibly hawt burds (who don't have nudes anywhere on the internets, incidentally). Last half of the season delivered, maybe stick with it, Idol :smilie4:

Mulder, you'll definitely hate at least one male character all the way through the series because he's basically a toned up Foggy from Daredevil in space. Also another one, but he somehow gets less annoying when you stop thinking he's a really shit Jayne from Firefly each time he's on screen.

manker
11-21-2016, 03:37 PM

Oh yeah that sounds eminently watchable :smilie4:Edge of Tomorrow, innit. Emily Blunt kicked ass in that film, plus that black guy from corrie was in it for some reason.
Oblivion was alright as well.

manker
11-21-2016, 03:40 PM
I've seen a similar mantra from mulder (or I've been dreaming about him again). Also Big Les said it was good. Looks like I'm going to binge this one when s01 is over.

In my infinite narcissism, I understand this to mean that I definitely should say something again once the season closes. It's just that there are some really good plot lines, scenes, and acting adjacent to really bad plot lines, scenes, and acting; the unintended disparity is jarring. There were two key things that happened in episode 7 that strongly tipped toward my favor (a host's decision and a revelation).Yeah you should. These posts today have made my mind up to watch it, also my own narcissism likes the idea of you as some kind of intercontinental reminder service.

megabyteme
11-21-2016, 03:48 PM
6 episodes before anything happens??? That is waaaay too much foreplay. Like 6 episodes worth...

manker
11-21-2016, 03:51 PM
Was just wondering what Freddy Mercury would sound like unmixed. Impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tDJXeUT2tgI saw that post on imgur, too. It's not my kind of thing but I listened to that vid this morning and lasted the whole 4 minutes, which is a personal record for me on jewtube.
Also saw this on imgur (http://imgur.com/gallery/Pkzuf) and lol'd my mind was filled with concern. But you're alive so I assume it can't be you :naughty:

manker
11-21-2016, 03:53 PM
6 episodes before anything happens??? That is waaaay too much foreplay. Like 6 episodes worth...Stuff happens, it's just poorly acted and really hard to care about any of the sub-plots in the filler episodes.
I'm wondering if it's just that I got invested in the characters, like always, and so I'm now able to forgive the sins more readily.

megabyteme
11-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Also saw this on imgur (http://imgur.com/gallery/Pkzuf) and lol'd my mind was filled with concern. But you're alive so I assume it can't be you :naughty:

Hehehe You would not believe how effective the words, "I am happily married, and have 2 kids" are. Well...you've got an idea...

And the wife only gets irritated with me when I don't get stuff done around the house. She tends to blame the time I spend with "[my] girls", but I am actually just kinda lazy. :D

My wife is actually a fifteen-foot tall plesiosaur from the middle triassic period, so I tread lightly. :P

IdolEyes787
11-21-2016, 05:28 PM
I'd have given up if it wasn't for the incredibly hawt burds (who don't have nudes anywhere on the internets, incidentally). Last half of the season delivered, maybe stick with it, Idol :smilie4:

Presumably that's where Tom Cruise must show up then.

Younger, fatter, off key vesion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llvyPYTNuXo

I forget what happened in that season but I think they broke the show because it never returned for another year.

manker
11-21-2016, 05:37 PM

Hehehe You would not believe how effective the words, "I am happily married, and have 2 kids" are. Well...you've got an idea...

And the wife only gets irritated with me when I don't get stuff done around the house. She tends to blame the time I spend with "[my] girls", but I am actually just kinda lazy. :D

My wife is actually a fifteen-foot tall plesiosaur from the middle triassic period, so I tread lightly. :P:lol: Mary will never get that.

I'm led to believe that should the presentability of living quarters come into question, it's considered acceptable to enquire at a raised volume how she'd fucking like to spend all day clearing up after the kids while I'm dicking about with numbers you inconsiderate twat.

manker
11-21-2016, 05:49 PM
I'd have given up if it wasn't for the incredibly hawt burds (who don't have nudes anywhere on the internets, incidentally). Last half of the season delivered, maybe stick with it, Idol :smilie4:

Presumably that's where Tom Cruise must show up then.

Younger, fatter, off key vesion.

[vid]

I forget what happened in that season but I think they broke the show because it never returned for another year.Christ!
I was waiting for a younger, fatter version of Tom Cruise to be on the judges panel or something. Didn't recognise her at all until a minute or so in.

Still /would, btw, even though she's a bit of a whale. I prefer the updated version but if modern science could provide me with a way to do both then I'm in.

megabyteme
11-21-2016, 06:07 PM

My wife is actually a fifteen-foot tall plesiosaur from the middle triassic period, so I tread lightly. :P:lol: Mary will never get that.

I'm led to believe that should the presentability of living quarters come into question, it's considered acceptable to enquire at a raised volume how she'd fucking like to spend all day clearing up after the kids while I'm dicking about with numbers you inconsiderate twat.

:glag::glag::glag:

JPaul
11-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Edge of Tomorrow was OK.

Oblivion was OK.

Minority Report was OK.

Tom Cruise has appeared in a few OK science fiction movies.

I also think the Mission Impossible films are OK two.

I liked Jack Reacher, it was OK+

megabyteme
11-21-2016, 08:34 PM

I am going to give the new one a shot soon. Preview looked good.

JPaul
11-21-2016, 09:01 PM

Like wise.

I shall steal it when it is available.

Quite looking forward to that and The Beancounter, starring the bad batman.

IdolEyes787
11-21-2016, 09:06 PM

:no:
I'd rate the first one a 7.5/10. The character is somewhat neutered in the second one though and like many tough guys before him, the character is pretty much the story in this franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRcKEsZq3vo

Something Else
11-22-2016, 12:58 AM
Edge of Tomorrow was OK.

Oblivion was OK.

Minority Report was OK.

What about Vanilla Sky. Did you miss it out on porpoise.

manker
11-22-2016, 09:38 AM
They've picked a weird book to base the second film on, the seventeenth in the series; it's not in the top ten of the books, let alone the best two.
I remember being disappointed when Tom Cruise was announced as Reacher, but he's made a decent fist of it. Although some of his films have been dodgy, he delivers in all of them - I don't know why people look down on him as an actor unless it's the scientology thing, which would be a bit mental.

Why do you think he's been neutered in this one, Idol?

megabyteme
11-22-2016, 11:52 AM
I don't know why people look down on him as an actor unless it's the scientology thing, which would be a bit mental.

he always plays good, All-American, clean-minded, dependable characters. Finding out he is loony as fuck in real life *does* challenge that. i *eventually* watch his filums, but I'm not eager to.

Barbarossa
11-22-2016, 11:59 AM
He didn't play any of that in Interview with The Vampire :dabs:

shaina
11-22-2016, 12:07 PM
he always plays good, All-American, clean-minded, dependable characters. Finding out he is loony as fuck in real life *does* challenge that. i *eventually* watch his filums, but I'm not eager to.

Ya and Mel Gibson is good clean fun :noes:
I can tell you i really miss the Lethal Weapon movie series:cry: Especially Leo Getz:lol:

manker
11-22-2016, 12:09 PM
Provided he hasn't risen and subsequently descended to the wankpit control station; I think I know something movie related before the Canadian oracle:
http://www.slashfilm.com/legendarys-dune-movie/

devlincreative
11-22-2016, 12:11 PM
I like turtles

manker
11-22-2016, 12:13 PM
I like turtlesSup, Jonathan.

shaina
11-22-2016, 12:14 PM
Provided he hasn't risen and subsequently descended to the wankpit control station; I think I know something movie related before the Canadian oracle:

Boy that has Vin Diesel written all over it:01:

shaina
11-22-2016, 12:16 PM
I like turtles

manker
11-22-2016, 12:20 PM
Hmm, yeah, that would work aesthetically as Paul Atreides. What's he like at acting? I don't think I've ever seen a film with him as the main character.

shaina
11-22-2016, 12:24 PM
Hmm, yeah, that would work aesthetically as Paul Atreides. What's he like at acting? I don't think I've ever seen a film with him as the main character.

The Turtle Manker, i am not sure he has had a leading part :unsure:

shaina
11-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Right now i am viewing this classic:D

Skiz
11-22-2016, 06:04 PM
Was that really the fking tagline? That's terrible. :lol:

IdolEyes787
11-22-2016, 06:24 PM

Usually they withhold the long lost kid trope until further down the lifecycle of a series when they have either run out of ideas or the star is beginning to get a little too long in the tooth to be believable in action scenes ( ie Die Hard. Rocky. Indiana Jones etc) .
It's basically little more than a hail Mary pass to which nothing good ever happens ( ie Die Hard.Rocky. Indiana Jones etc).

That and in this particular case it dertracts sgnificantly from the whole premise of the character who is suppose to be this epitome of an outsider.He is also suppose to be sort of this unstoppable force of justice which isn't helped by him being not even the biggest badass in the film. In the first movie the villan(s) only survived up until the point he uncovered and confronted them. In this movie he actually at several points runs from them.

Then there's the whole "partner" bit. Action heroes of this type don't have partners, they have sidekicks which sometimes rise to the occasion or in the case of "buddy" movies like Lethal Weapon the partner is a screwup or at least a a significantly lesser threat. Not so in this film.

I appreciate that they chose to give a woman a strong part but if someone else is capable of doing what the hero does then there is not too much real point to the hero, is there?

IdolEyes787
11-22-2016, 06:33 PM
Right now i am viewing this classic:D

The actual tagline should be "Sure it's a piece of formulatic crap but it's still Citizen Kane when compared to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

IdolEyes787
11-22-2016, 06:38 PM

I'm sure it's going to be fantastic considering Legendary Pictures has such a strong track record with fims like Warcraft,Jonathan Hex, Seventh Son, Godzilla etc.

JPaul
11-22-2016, 07:06 PM
Edge of Tomorrow was OK.

Oblivion was OK.

Minority Report was OK.

What about Vanilla Sky. Did you miss it out on porpoise.

I just can't remember ever having seen it.

JPaul
11-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Speaking of fillums with a V in the title, I (re) watched V for Vendetta the other night.

I like that.

I say this knowing that if Chavis reads this post he will tell me it was pish compared to the graphic novel.

However I have never read the graphic novel.

Sew it goes.

JPaul
11-22-2016, 07:38 PM
Bit of a heads up, I have been having a bit of bother accessing torrent sites using the normal browsers.

https://1337x.to/ being my fave.

However if I use Tor, no probs.

Mr. Mulder
11-22-2016, 10:28 PM
Speaking of fillums with a V in the title, I (re) watched V for Vendetta the other night.

I like that.

I say this knowing that if Chavis reads this post he will tell me it was pish compared to the graphic novel.

However I have never read the graphic novel.

Sew it goes.

Macks agreement, that film is koala tea.

Mr. Mulder
11-22-2016, 10:35 PM
I'm looking forward to the Ghost In the Shell film. I'm no manga nor anime fag but Ghost in the Shell is something I've followed for years - the films, series, made-for-tv films, the whole arise origin stuff.

When I heard that Scarlett Johansson, a white american would be playing Motoko I thought that's dumb. But after watching the trailer I'm now looking forward to it. Looks like The Puppet Master will be the villain, I was hoping they'd go for The Laughing Man but I suppose it makes cents to start at the beginning.

I'd post the trailer but my phone browser would never allow it :eyebrows:

manker
11-23-2016, 10:37 AM
I'd post the trailer but my phone browser would never allow it :eyebrows:It's okay, I wouldn't watch it anyhow.

:ghey: Anime :glag: :ghey: fag :ghey:

manker
11-23-2016, 10:40 AM

I'm sure it's going to be fantastic considering Legendary Pictures has such a strong track record with fims like Warcraft,Jonathan Hex, Seventh Son, Godzilla etc.Well just maybe I didn't know anything about that and can only name about three or four film making companies, tops, and that's only if I remember what the lion one is called.

I'll look forward to it with no preconceptions, just as my innocence deserves :snooty:

manker
11-23-2016, 10:53 AM

Usually they withhold the long lost kid trope until further down the lifecycle of a series when they have either run out of ideas or the star is beginning to get a little too long in the tooth to be believable in action scenes ( ie Die Hard. Rocky. Indiana Jones etc) .
It's basically little more than a hail Mary pass to which nothing good ever happens ( ie Die Hard.Rocky. Indiana Jones etc).

That and in this particular case it dertracts sgnificantly from the whole premise of the character who is suppose to be this epitome of an outsider.He is also suppose to be sort of this unstoppable force of justice which isn't helped by him being not even the biggest badass in the film. In the first movie the villan(s) only survived up until the point he uncovered and confronted them. In this movie he actually at several points runs from them.

Then there's the whole "partner" bit. Action heroes of this type don't have partners, they have sidekicks which sometimes rise to the occasion or in the case of "buddy" movies like Lethal Weapon the partner is a screwup or at least a a significantly lesser threat. Not so in this film.

I appreciate that they chose to give a woman a strong part but if someone else is capable of doing what the hero does then there is not too much real point to the hero, is there?That makes a lot of sense to me, cheers. It's probably why the author only chose to bring the possible offspring story-line into the series after 16 installments.
I don't recall the burd being anything like a 'partner' in the book, btw, so it will be interesting for me to sit there while watching it and occasionally shake my head disapprovingly, as is my wont.

It was the clockster on this very forum who recommended the Reacher novels. Wonder if he got his beautiful RX7 up and running :eyebrows:

IdolEyes787
11-23-2016, 05:25 PM
I'd post the trailer but my phone browser would never allow it :eyebrows:It's okay, I wouldn't watch it anyhow.

:ghey: Anime :glag: :ghey: fag :ghey:

I don't look forward to any non Tom Cruise science fiction because even the good Oscar winning films like Gravity are Bullock and even the truly great films like 2001 still aren't To Kill a Mockingbird.

If I were to look forward to one though it would be Passengers because it appears to have something to do with Jennifer Lawrence's tits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BWWWQzTpNU

manker
11-23-2016, 06:26 PM
I'm not in any position to watch such a long video but if Andy's in it, then I'm all for it.
I think I've seen Jennifer Lawrence's tits every day for the past two years, so that's not a huge consideration for me.

Are you still managing to not see them? I seem to remember you getting all hoity toity about 'the fappening'.
Not that there's anything wrong in that, I just remember it.

IdolEyes787
11-23-2016, 07:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VmJcZR0Yg

Mr. Mulder
11-23-2016, 08:01 PM
^ looks cool as fuck m8910, Aramaki looks spot on but Batou should be older :emo:

Mr. Mulder
11-23-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm not in any position to watch such a long video but if Andy's in it, then I'm all for it.
I think I've seen Jennifer Lawrence's tits every day for the past two years, so that's not a huge consideration for me.

Are you still managing to not see them? I seem to remember you getting all hoity toity about 'the fappening'.

I was checking out that Averil Lavigney on there the other day, you can see her tits :smilie4:

manker
11-23-2016, 09:15 PM

I was checking out that Averil Lavigney on there the other day, you can see her tits :smilie4:And the cheerleader from Heroes' fanny.
That's right, the blonde one who looks 14. God bless those scum-bucket 1337 haxX0rs.

Mr. Mulder
11-23-2016, 09:39 PM
Uwotm8!? I missed that! :o

Mr. Mulder
11-23-2016, 09:41 PM
Hawtest.hamwallet.evar! :o

manker
11-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Jebus, mulder. Next you'll be telling me that you haven't seen Penny from the show with the science autists that barbie likes having a piss.

manker
11-23-2016, 10:03 PM
Course, I didn't download that vid because it's too intrusive :sneaky:

Mr. Mulder
11-23-2016, 10:40 PM
The Penny stuffs is permanently burnt into my eyes like an old tellybox that got left on forever.

I'll only ever watch One Blonde, Two Heebs, a Gay and an Arab theory with the sound down :sneaky:

manker
11-23-2016, 10:56 PM
^ Sagest of telly sages

shaina
11-24-2016, 12:57 AM
I'll only ever watch One Blonde, Two Hebs, a Gay and an Arab theory with the sound down :sneaky:

Fixed :D
And i think you missed few Mulder:unsure:

manker
11-24-2016, 09:42 AM
Careful, Shay.
You'll have barbie in fits of hysterics posting the hilarious japes of those fun guys. He's got a srs job to do in middle England.

Also, how did the 50 year old in that pic get away with playing a teenager for 10 years :eyebrows:

shaina
11-24-2016, 10:24 AM
Also, how did the 50 year old in that pic get away with playing a teenager for 10 years :eyebrows:

He is a young 41 actually:D

Do you remember this show??

manker
11-24-2016, 10:43 AM

No but I think I recognise Peggy Bundy and is that hawt burd Elisha Cuthbert?

shaina
11-24-2016, 10:57 AM

That was where Penny got her start..

How about the new and improved Peggy Bundy:D

If you haven't watched Sons of Anarchy, was a great series.......

manker
11-24-2016, 11:16 AM
Tattoos :no:
She seems to get better with age, altho' I'm not sure how she could have got worse.

Haven't watched Sons of Anarchy, heard it's decent but I don't think I ever will now.
When I suspend disbelief, I like to do so because of warp drives or planet busting white hole technology, rather than bikers who never swear.
You don't seem like a sci-fi guy, but if you've never seen Firefly, you should watch it. Subsequently not revisting the genre won't be such a tragedy as if you never did.

I'm assuming a lot there but w.e.

Barbarossa
11-24-2016, 11:19 AM

Ohhhhhh!! That hawt burd is Kaley Cuoco.

That's "8 Simple Rules...." I don't think it was shown in the UK.

Mr. Mulder
11-24-2016, 11:33 AM
We got that on ABC on some freeview stuffs years ago, I used to prefer the ginger because she had bigger bewbs. True story.

manker
11-24-2016, 11:53 AM
Plus she looks like your ex :stalker:

Mr. Mulder
11-24-2016, 12:43 PM
Which one :cool:

I'm in trouble with the misses atm because I won't give up my valuable free thym to go and see the coca cola lorry with her and her friends.

I hate all her friends.

I don't give a fuck about the coca cola lorry.

:idunno:

Barbarossa
11-24-2016, 12:49 PM
The Coca Cola Lorry is real?? :O

manker
11-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Which one :cool:

I'm in trouble with the misses atm because I won't give up my valuable free thym to go and see the coca cola lorry with her and her friends.

I hate all her friends.

I don't give a fuck about the coca cola lorry.

:idunno:
Gurl, you aint got more than one ex-missus with red hair and big bewbs. Begins with 'B' iirc.

Not sure I understand the allure of going to look at a lorry. Do you get free stuff or something. Might be worth it for a crate of heroin or whatever.

manker
11-24-2016, 01:10 PM
I just had a look to see what this truck is all about:

What happens on the truck tour?

On your visit you'll have the chance to have your photo taken with the iconic truck, while our team hand you a free, perfectly served 150ml can of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke or new and improved Coca-Cola Zero Sugar. Once the sun has set, you'll be invited to enjoy an incredible after-dark surprise as we screen a short Christmas animation onto the truck, powered by your goodwill and festive cheer!

People turn up to this shit :eyebrows:

Mr. Mulder
11-24-2016, 01:32 PM
Exactly.

I've booked Friday next week off cos she's going away for a long weekend, I'll have Friday & Saturday unsupervised. I've already called pornhub and asked them to increase their bandwidth for both days and have already created a pizza on the dominos website fitting for just such an occasion :smilie4:

Barbarossa
11-24-2016, 01:41 PM
I just had a look to see what this truck is all about:

What happens on the truck tour?

On your visit you'll have the chance to have your photo taken with the iconic truck, while our team hand you a free, perfectly served 150ml can of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke or new and improved Coca-Cola Zero Sugar. Once the sun has set, you'll be invited to enjoy an incredible after-dark surprise as we screen a short Christmas animation onto the truck, powered by your goodwill and festive cheer!

People turn up to this shit :eyebrows:

So basically, you get your picture taken next to a lorry, they give you half a can of coke, set off some fireworks and play the TV commercial on a big screen :eyebrows:

I'm in the wrong business.

Barbarossa
11-24-2016, 01:42 PM
I'm assuming the "after-dark surprise" is fireworks, it could equally be dry bum-rape :dabs:

manker
11-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Can't quite work out why you think it's going to be fireworks, I'm pretty sure from the wording that the animation is the surprise.
It won't be that surprising, though, unless early onset Alzheimers is a thing with people who like going to see stationary trucks.

manker
11-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Exactly.

I've booked Friday next week off cos she's going away for a long weekend, I'll have Friday & Saturday unsupervised. I've already called pornhub and asked them to increase their bandwidth for both days and have already created a pizza on the dominos website fitting for just such an occasion :smilie4:Sounds like heaven.
I've been getting a slice myself recently. The missus has been going to bed early so I've been drinking a lot of wine and watching a lot of big telly sci-fi.
Like, I think I've upset her but I'm not sure what I've done. It's been since Saturday and I am curious, but equally I don't want to risk this sweet deal by asking needless questions.

Something Else
11-24-2016, 02:33 PM
That's a timebomb mate. Do you enjoy the time until it smashes you about the face or do you voluntarily smash your own face early, hoping to look good and find more time later.

Barbarossa
11-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Can't quite work out why you think it's going to be fireworks, I'm pretty sure from the wording that the animation is the surprise.
It won't be that surprising, though, unless early onset Alzheimers is a thing with people who like going to see stationary trucks.

Well Duhhhh - that can't be the surprise as they've just told you about it :eyebrows:

EDIT: Or is that what you just said (?)

manker
11-24-2016, 02:53 PM

manker
11-24-2016, 02:55 PM
That's a timebomb mate. Do you enjoy the time until it smashes you about the face or do you voluntarily smash your own face early, hoping to look good and find more time later.I did ask about the early ascent on Sunday, but she said she was 'fine' :idunno:

manker
11-24-2016, 02:57 PM
You don't know what the animation is, unless you're a regular truck-goer, that's the surprise.
It could be a dry bum sex animation, as you rightly postulate. I'm just saying that it's a shit surprise and there'll be no fireworks.

Edit: Mulder's the animation expert around these parts. He'll probably look it up in his pokedex or wutevar

Mr. Mulder
11-24-2016, 03:09 PM
:emo: its probably just a polar bear fisting an Eskimo or some shit. Whilst drinking a coke, obviousmently.

Barbarossa
11-24-2016, 03:51 PM

chalice
11-24-2016, 08:06 PM
Sup, intercunts. Westworld. It's fucking brilliant. Currently my favourite thing ever.

Aside from all the fucking quality intrigue and tantalising character development and sublime production and riveting performances and all the wee cool things, something has just struck me.

It's fucking class, that anachronistic thing they pull with Radiohead and Soundgarden et al on the player piano. But I'm now thinking that it's not just a nice trope. It hasn't been made clear as to which point in the future the whole thing is set. It could be maybe 2,000 years from now and the history of popular music has become confused. Fuck I'm loving this shit so much.

Yes, I'm wopped. So fucking what.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2016, 09:23 PM
Sorry but I only take the advice of drunks on whether I'm sober enough to drive or not.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2016, 09:25 PM
Also it seems to lack a certain Tom Cruise factor.

I made that mistake once with Star Trek and fucked if I'm ever go to make it again.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2016, 09:27 PM
Homo.

chalice
11-24-2016, 09:32 PM
Wopped doesn't mean drunk, you ignorant, happily-ever-after jew. How long have you been here?

Next you'll be telling me you don't know what :earl: means.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2016, 09:56 PM
Wopped does mean drunk in certain areas of the World albeit mostly the Jewish ones.

And I do know what :earl means. It's the prestent participle of :lester.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2016, 09:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7zViSWUuxA

chalice
11-24-2016, 10:01 PM
Wopped does mean drunk in certain areas of the World albeit mostly the Jewish ones.

Which parts of the world? This is an unword which I specifically made up when I was wopped and injected into the collective parlance over a period of years.

JPaul
11-24-2016, 10:09 PM
FIFA World Rankings

12 - Wales
13 - England
23 - Rep of Ireland
32 - Northern Ireland
50 - Burkina Faso
66 - Benin
67 - Scotland
68 - Guinea-Bissau
69 - Haiti

Fuck you Guinea-Bissau, next target Benin.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2016, 10:54 PM
Those rankings are just a product of a corrupt system and I'm prety sure that in reality you own the fuck out of most tiny, undeveloped African countries.

OK maybe not Burkina Faso.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2016, 10:56 PM
Which parts of the world? This is an unword which I specifically made up when I was wopped and injected into the collective parlance over a period of years.

Everything started with just one man, a dream and too much time on his wopped hands.

chalice
11-24-2016, 11:23 PM

Everything started with just one man, a dream and too much time on his wopped hands.

Wopped hands are industrious hands. Wopped hands never have too much time on them. These wopped hands have been instrumental in educating your potato hands (if your feet are anything to go by). Think of all the times these wopped hands have wopped the back of your hands in an act of altruism and cruelty.

You'd still be on the same sentence, for fuck sake, if it wasn't for my hands being wopped.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2016, 11:30 PM
Cerealously though, if when not refering to an Irishman, wopped means extremely tired then how did the Italians ever manage to build the pyramids in a day?

IdolEyes787
11-24-2016, 11:32 PM
Couldn't have been aliens because they were already busy helping the inkstains and the farrahs.

manker
11-25-2016, 09:31 AM
FIFA World Rankings

12 - Wales
13 - England
23 - Rep of Ireland
32 - Northern Ireland
50 - Burkina Faso
66 - Benin
67 - Scotland
68 - Guinea-Bissau
69 - Haiti

Fuck you Guinea-Bissau, next target Benin.:lol:
You'll barrel up those rankings now that Scott Brown has un-retired. What a man.
https://vine.co/v/5tV2QYMLAdU

It's like having Jack Bauer in your midfield, except Jack's got Parkinsons now.

manker
11-25-2016, 09:44 AM
Talking about footie, Donald Trump addressed the nation last night and used an image of Andy Cole (https://m2.joe.co.uk/YToyOntzOjQ6ImRhdGEiO3M6MTc1OiJhOjM6e3M6MzoidXJsIjtzOjExMzoiaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLWpvZWNvdWsubWF4aW11bW1lZGlhLmllLnMzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vd3AtY29udGVudC91cGxvYWRzLzIwMTYvMTEvMjQxODE4MjgvR2V0dHlJbWFnZXMtMTA1MjQ5NC5qcGciO3M6NToid2lkdGgiO2k6NjQ3O3M6NjoiaGVpZ2h0IjtpOjM0MDt9IjtzOjQ6Imhhc2giO3M6NDA6ImY1YjM5ZjA4OTM0NWU5ODE4YzNhZTJlMmZlZTFmYmM1MWY1YTk5NmYiO30=/gettyimages-1052494.jpg) in his montage :blink:
People are still on about it but all traces of the vid have now been expunged from the internets.

JPaul
11-25-2016, 06:42 PM
Greatest footballer ever to have lived sends Scott Brown the wrong way.

It's not a great headline if I'm honest.

Something Else
11-25-2016, 10:10 PM
Fair point. He's made better look worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVOTjO78BxE

JPaul
11-26-2016, 09:37 AM
That's too long for Manchild to watch, so I'll do a précis for him.

It's a video of Lionel Messi humiliating some great players.

manker
11-26-2016, 01:29 PM

It's not a great headline if I'm honest.Quite so.
I see I've found your Giggs.

manker
11-26-2016, 01:36 PM
Fair point. He's made better look worse.

[over 7 minutes(!) vid]
I'm not made of time, m8.
It's the last international today, I've got to be out by half four and you don;t get to look this good at my age via happenstance :smilie4:

JPaul
11-26-2016, 03:33 PM

It's not a great headline if I'm honest.Quite so.
I see I've found your Giggs.

:huh:

James Kirk

William Shatner

Bloke from Stars Trek

Nope, not getting you there vetus faba.

shaina
11-26-2016, 03:45 PM
:huh:
James Kirk
William Shatner
Bloke from Stars Trek
Nope, not getting you there vetus faba.

I think he does some bargain vacation commercials too JPaul, that has to count for something :)

manker
11-26-2016, 04:01 PM
Well, I used to use the Peter Petrelli one for that purpose:

The new one dials down the schadenfreude so people don't think I'm such a git any more.
It's actually working out rather well.

JPaul
11-26-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm afraid that if anything that makes me more confused.

How is Scott Brown our Giggs. I don't know if Scott Brown even has a brother.

shaina
11-26-2016, 04:07 PM
:whistling

manker
11-26-2016, 04:20 PM

How is Scott Brown our Giggs. I don't know if Scott Brown even has a brother.You're not re-rodding. I would allow it only in the direst of circumstance.
In two or three years time when ye olde Rangers win t'SPL, I would then consider such a thing if FST even exists at such an extended juncture.

JPaul
11-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Scotland 43 - 16 Georgia

Good result and performance.

It seems we have become a rugby playing nation. Not by getting better at rugby, by getting shitter at football.

JPaul
11-26-2016, 04:23 PM

How is Scott Brown our Giggs. I don't know if Scott Brown even has a brother.You're not re-rodding. I would allow it only in the direst of circumstance.
In two or three years time when ye olde Rangers win t'SPL, I would then consider such a thing if FST even exists at such an extended juncture.

Would it help if I said I genuinely have no idea what you mean by "your Giggs" and posting a picture of Captain Kirk / William Shatner.

I readily admit to getting slower with age.

manker
11-26-2016, 04:24 PM
:whistling
[pic]
You're going to have to use words, mate. It's what I'm used to on this medium.

It's not you, it's me. The last time I was thrust into such a barrage of imagery was when my son accidentally added me into his WhatsApp group chat.
Their presumed sagacity was beyond me too, but I do know how to 'dab' now.

JPaul
11-26-2016, 04:26 PM
FFS Ryan Wilson, plays loose forward for Scotland. Born in Aldershot.

Thank fuck wee Greig Laidlaw just appeared on TV and sounds Scotch enough for two people.

manker
11-26-2016, 04:26 PM
You're not re-rodding. I would allow it only in the direst of circumstance.

Would it help if I said I genuinely have no idea what you mean by "your Giggs" and posting a picture of Captain Kirk / William Shatner.

I readily admit to getting slower with age.:eyebrows:
It would certainly help, I could definitely explain, but I have to go out and don't have the time to run my neural sincerity macro at the minute.

shaina
11-26-2016, 05:38 PM
You're going to have to use words, mate. It's what I'm used to on this medium.
It's not you, it's me. The last time I was thrust into such a barrage of imagery was when my son accidentally added me into his WhatsApp group chat.
Their presumed sagacity was beyond me too, but I do know how to 'dab' now.

INFP (introversion, intuition, feeling, perception)
"I have the Power"
"I have too!"
"I can prove it"

Really i thought it was a pretty picture to post:mushy:

I saw this with the commentator saying he is Dab'n, what the heck is that?? Some sort of secret Cult or something:unsure:

Mr. Mulder
11-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Hai sluts. :kiss:

I've just finished watching Oz, that merkin prison drama from ages ago and the ending was a let down :dabs:

Mr. Mulder
11-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Speaking of let downs, the flat above my frontroom has been empty for months and now a woman has moved in (not hawt and wouldn't) with a fucking dog! I think its a bedsit and she has a dog in there. She's playing fetch with it now by the sounds of it, short game, obviousmently and it sounds like thunder when it runs about up there :dabs:

The landlord wot owns the building is selling off the flats one by one and the cunt upstairs has bought hers so I can't even grass her up :idunno: landlord asked if we want to buy ours and if not we've got move out next year. Teh misses wants us to buy a place anyway but no way we'd go for this place, who would seriously get a soul destroying mortgage on a place they know has paper thin ceilings and is noisy as fuck?

Annoying its got to be next year, this will be move number 8 in as many years :emo: I've lived with a female drama teacher, Spanish burd, alone, with ugly butch lesbians, with m8s and now the misess. Alone was the best one :sly:

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 08:44 PM
Speaking of let downs, the flat above my frontroom has been empty for months and now a woman has moved in (not hawt and wouldn't) with a fucking dog! I think its a bedsit and she has a dog in there. She's playing fetch with it now by the sounds of it, short game, obviousmently and it sounds like thunder when it runs about up there :dabs:

There is this really big house next to mine with a really big property - sort of a mansion really. It was orginally built by a guy who owned a construction company and then is subsequent years was own by a neurosurgeon and some Hun who was the head of anaesthesiology at the local hospital.Last year it was sold to a couple from Toronto who have since turned it into a Daycare Center.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if you want some sympathy I'm afraid that you're going to have to look elsewhere.:blink:

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 08:50 PM
INFP (introversion, intuition, feeling, perception)
"I have the Power"
"I have too!"
"I can prove it"

Really i thought it was a pretty picture to post:mushy:

I saw this with the commentator saying he is Dab'n, what the heck is that?? Some sort of secret Cult or something:unsure:

I seem to have gone the entirety of my life without ever hearing that word before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRpJk1uERKA

Generally I just ignore anything having to do with fucking idiots so that maybe that's the reason.

JPaul
11-26-2016, 08:54 PM

There is this really big house next to mine with a really big property - sort of a mansion really. It was orginally built by a guy who owned a construction company and then is subsequent years was own by a neurosurgeon and some Hun who was the head of anaesthesiology at the local hospital.Last year it was sold to a couple from Toronto who have since turned it into a Daycare Center.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if you want some sympathy I'm afraid that you're going to have to look elsewhere.:blink:

I assume you are using this epiphet, if that's the word, pejoratively.

Could you maybe expand.

See my sig re the reason for the inquiry.

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm sort of in shock at the moment so just assume it's complimentary and simply an abbreviation of the word "honey".

The capitalization is just there to emphasize the magnitude of my ardor.

Mr. Mulder
11-26-2016, 09:11 PM

Because you're not allowed to live that close to kids? I hear you, I've had to walk the long way to work ever since that new school opened <_<

JPaul
11-26-2016, 09:13 PM
I'm sort of in shock at the moment so just assume it's complimentary and simply an abbreviation of the word "honey".

Right, a burd you fancied, gotcha.

JPaul
11-26-2016, 09:15 PM
I have lived in the same plaice for about 27 years.

I find the idea of living in 8 plaices in the same number of years verging on the gypsy.

shaina
11-26-2016, 09:27 PM
The landlord wot owns the building is selling off the flats one by one and the cunt upstairs has bought hers so I can't even grass her up :idunno: landlord asked if we want to buy ours and if not we've got move out next year. Teh misses wants us to buy a place anyway but no way we'd go for this place, who would seriously get a soul destroying mortgage on a place they know has paper thin ceilings and is noisy as fuck? :

If it is not your Barbie Dream house or close, what the heck are you living there in the first place?

As for moving 8 times in a short time, who's fault is that:unsure:

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 09:30 PM
From what I understand of the English real estate market by watching House Hunters International, unless you happen to be fairly well-off there's not a lot of choice to where you get to live.

shaina
11-26-2016, 09:33 PM

You couldn't fight the zoning Idol??

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 09:34 PM

Yeah beautiful blonde Kraut girl she was too.

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 09:38 PM

I bark much worse thatn I bite. Might be that couples dream home that they've been saving years for for all know. Would be truly petty to deprive anyone of that just because I prefer it to be a bit more tranquil.

shaina
11-26-2016, 09:38 PM
From what I understand of the English real estate market by watching House Hunters International, unless you happen to be fairly well-off there's not a lot of choice to where you get to live.

There is this

Or that

Nothing in between

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 09:41 PM
Bascially except for anything under 500,000 euros you aren't guaranteed of a roof.

shaina
11-26-2016, 09:46 PM
I bark much worse thatn I bite. Might be that couples dream home that they've been saving years for for all know. Would be truly petty to deprive anyone of that just because I prefer it to be a bit more tranquil.

That is true, as long as they are nice, who cares if there are 20 screaming kids there. If they have some cool toys maybe you could join in and play:D

In the summer here it can get a bit loud in the backyards, right next door i have a holy roller with 5 young kids, but the parents occasionally have a lunch nap and a few end up in our yard , seem to like the trampoline and some other sorts of toys, and the wife and i don't mind, as long as we remind ourselves they have to go home sooner or later..

shaina
11-26-2016, 09:49 PM
Bascially except for anything under 500,000 euros you aren't guaranteed of a roof.

Usually it is based on the average income and cost of living, wouldn't you agree?

Or in some cases rich family members:whistling

shaina
11-26-2016, 09:59 PM
Here is an interesting link Idol

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 10:08 PM
What's this weird £ thing?

Geez, considering it's London you'd think they'd at least speak English.

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 10:10 PM
[

Usually it is based on the average income and cost of living, wouldn't you agree?

No. Not that you're wrong but it's just that I refuse to agree.

Mr. Mulder
11-26-2016, 10:28 PM
If you want to buy somewhere to live in England you have to somehow make it to your 30s with no debt and have a relative die and leave you money. I don't have either of those but the misses has one of them :smilie4:

shaina
11-26-2016, 10:33 PM
What's this weird £ thing?
Geez, considering it's London you'd think they'd at least speak English.

They do just not the English from the American side:D

There houses have increased pretty much like here, they have increases have changed from doubling in 10 years to between 7-8. But you still have to consider borrowing rates, as long as the interest rates are low and inventory of houses on the market are low as well prices will rise in demanding areas a bit faster..

Like the removing the capital gains tax for home purchases under $350,000 and doubling it for houses over a million, who is that helping in main Ontario cities??
The big problem people don't comprehend... If you sell your house and you get a really good buck, do you thing when you want to upgrade the seller isn't thinking the same??
I can tell you when i can finally get rid of my dependents, my wife and i well end up in a 2+ bedroom condo here and a 2 bedroom in a nice sunny place all year round for the winter hibernation :D
And which ever one i Die in will be just fine for me....

I can tell you the cost of living in Florida, if you take out the personal shopping, is cheaper even with the dollar difference, and as long as you can keep the health insurance you have to purchase low when you live in the Great and wonderful USA, it will be just fine for me:happy:

Oh!! and my wife :)

shaina
11-26-2016, 10:40 PM
If you want to buy somewhere to live in England you have to somehow make it to your 30s with no debt and have a relative die and leave you money. I don't have either of those but the misses has one of them :smilie4:

I am in a different position Mulder, but for sure i can see that, because here it would be tough to do it, unless you start off in a Condo first and then try to move up..
But you have to look at reality as well, most Husbands/Wives Girlfriend/Boyfriend work so you are looking at more than the 30s with two incomes.
It is always said it is the biggest one time purchase/ investment of your life not counting the pounds of weed (just kidding:D)

But i would also assume there is nice places on the outskirts as well to live that decreases the cost a bit??

Mr. Mulder
11-26-2016, 10:55 PM
I thought condos were things of luxuary? They're what rich people live in in merkin films? :eyebrows:

shaina
11-26-2016, 11:13 PM
I thought condos were things of luxuary? They're what rich people live in in merkin films? :eyebrows:

Ya Mulder but not all of them are expensive, and it depends where they are located :D
If you want to use America (Florida) for an example, if you want to be on the ocean a condo can cost $400,000 to 20 million and if you go across the street off the ocean you can get for say $300,000 to 10 million depending on the size and floor.

In Ontario Canada it would be the same location or demand on location dictates property value, and that would be the same for you i would assume...

use as an instance a condo in my area may go for $350,000 for 600sq feet if you go to downtown Toronto that same condo will be $500,000 plus.

My mother-in laws condo in Florida is inland and on a golf course, and lets say valued at $350,000, now drive 15-20 min south and you are looking at $550,000 to get the same size, but everything goes up as well like your monthly maintenance..

I really don't know are condos popular where you live Mulder?? Here they go up like shitting Bananas !!! If you think about it land is expensive so building up means way more profit to the builder, and the city as well (taxes heat hydro)

shaina
11-26-2016, 11:35 PM
Here is a great example of Florida..

This is a new condo that was built in Sunny Isles (Just north of Miami)

My neighbor stays in a frugal style hotel (religious and there is a synagogue in it) i saw that condo being built over a few years, it is the Porsche tower and you can bring your car or suv (which you get with the purchase) right to your condo floor by private elevator. He stays at a reasonable price right next to a condo that costs in the high millions to buy, plus another condo next to that one each floor is a dwelling and the outside balcony goes all the way around, if i remember they started at 8 million

It really is incredible how the rich and corrupt live (no one who make money legit/honest can afford them LOL!!!)..

When i am ready to buy i will be a wee bit north for my price range:D

JPaul
11-27-2016, 12:01 AM

Yeah beautiful blonde Kraut girl she was too.

I assume you wood.

IdolEyes787
11-27-2016, 01:21 AM
Eye know, wright?

shaina
11-27-2016, 05:35 AM
Eye know, wright?

:noes:

megabyteme
11-27-2016, 07:13 AM

Play Satanic death metal through a loudspeaker aimed directly at them. Or mix your own messages that suggest clearly that the most popular children's characters are dead. The daycare will decide that outside playtime is NOT a good idea. :)

Cheese
11-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Morning.

mjmacky
11-27-2016, 11:55 AM
I have lived in the same plaice for about 27 years.

I find the idea of living in 8 plaices in the same number of years verging on the gypsy.
It means you've gone stale. I've lived in over twenty places (an exact count too boring a short task), which is enough to know that having as few things as possible is ideal. I started offloading things as soon as I dumped the wife, and the last 4 moves in that past 4 years have gone much more smoothly than those prior. I also think that means my gypsy license has been revoked, which doesn't matter since I stopped going to the meetings.

Fromagepas
11-27-2016, 01:18 PM
Morning.

Art noon.

I have just had cheese on toast for lunch.

True Story.

cardomonto
11-27-2016, 01:20 PM
I win I guess!

IdolEyes787
11-27-2016, 03:04 PM
Play Satanic death metal through a loudspeaker aimed directly at them. Or mix your own messages that suggest clearly that the most popular children's characters are dead. The daycare will decide that outside playtime is NOT a good idea. :)

If that works then I obviously have nothing in common with those people as conversely nonstop Christian Rock would have that effect on me.

manker
11-27-2016, 05:24 PM
Morning.Alright, Chebus.
Enjoying the Rafatation? From what I've seen it's been a damn decent show so far.

Mr. Mulder
11-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Is there a decent copy of that new Purge moviefilm out yet? Its been ages since I've frequented an illegal website.

IdolEyes787
11-27-2016, 05:47 PM
Is there a decent copy of that new Purge moviefilm out yet? Its been ages since I've frequented an illegal website.

It's out on bluray so, yeah.

Fromagepas
11-27-2016, 07:18 PM
This might work, if you use torrents

I have no idea really.

https://1337x.to/search/purge/1/

IdolEyes787
11-27-2016, 07:28 PM
This might work, if you use torrents

I have no idea really.

https://1337x.to/search/purge/1/

Weird coincidence but I sent him a PM linking to the same page.

I sent it as a PM because I'm fairly sure you just broke a bunch of site rules posting it in open forum and will probably have to sit in a corner because of it.