PDA

View Full Version : RIP newsbin.com

misfitzx138
10-29-2016, 04:03 AM
first off, sorry if this has been posted before.

Im now just coming back to newsgroups as my primary source (been using on and off since, well, i had dual 56k modems). the private tracker i had been using switched box's and their speed to me was gimped.

Upon investigating the scene again, and trying to remember all my old logins/pw, i saw that newsbin.com indexer was down-apparantly for a while now.

I had to make a thread to mourn its loss. It was the greatest site i have ever used. it was always there for me, and i did not mind paying ~1 us cent a day for access. So raise a glass to newsbin.com!

p.s. i cant find the login button for ghosts of usenet - i have an account(it takes me to register then says registers closed) just cant find the login button, damn germans.

anon
10-29-2016, 07:28 PM
p.s. i cant find the login button for ghosts of usenet - i have an account(it takes me to register then says registers closed) just cant find the login button, damn germans.

Not a member, but I see a "Log in or register" link in the top left corner of their homepage (and logging in is the default unless you tell it you don't have an account).

aoshivx
10-30-2016, 01:33 AM

Lol. I thought I was the only one going bunkers. I used the quick navigation tab below the site banner.