PDA

View Full Version : How do you make sure you are using maximum available connection / bandwidth?

postcd
11-14-2016, 10:53 AM
Hi,

i am using Openvpn on my own Linux server (setup according to this tutorial (https://internetlifeforum.com/security/4675-how-setup-private-openvpn-linux-server-windows-client/)) but apparently my internet connection capacity (bandwidth) is not used in full capacity. The problem was even without OpenVPN or when used different OpenVPN server and port 1194 instead of 443. :ermm:

ISSUE: i am having many seeded torrents, but 99% time i am seeding ony like one, even the total peer number (not connected peers) of all torrents according to the torrent client (qBittorent) is maybe like 600, i am uploading usually to like 1-3 peers at a time by average speed 30KB/s where my connectivity (local and openvpn server is around 1MB/s)

Sometimes i see 1MB/s upload or download from one peer, but in general i have torrents that i am seeding (100% downloaded) which have something like this:
seeds: 0(22)
peers: 3(97)

while such torrent is usually idle without upload or when i am lucky, it has like 3 peers, but only like 1 is uploading few tens of kilobytes and rest just pop out and then disappear in peer list. :blink:

Example i am seeding "Kali-Linux-2016.2-vm-i686" it shows:
seeds: 0(68)
peers: 0(220)
but 98% time i have no upload

When i download some torrent with 180 seeds and 3800 peers, it downloads good filling my bandwidth by 50% maybe. And after download it is idle (no upload) ! Im not saying my torrents not uploading, but problem is it do not uploading constantly even there is enough peers like in this example.

Torrent client connection limit is: 100 max, 10 per torrent, DHT and PeX enabled. When i try to disable limit for some minutes, no change.

Currently OpenVPN at port 443, UDP, tried 1194 port UDP with similar result.

Please kindly can you advice where is the problem?

anon
11-14-2016, 04:43 PM
I would tell you, but you never bothered to say thanks for the replies on your other threads :sneaky:

postcd
11-15-2016, 04:34 PM
:) im always gratefull if someone try to help

I found the peers that pop in the peer list and then disappear have common signs:
they had these flags:
H
HP
XEP
XH
XHP
legend: X- pex;H - DHT; P - piTP; E - encrypted;