PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. what.cd

1000possibleclaws
11-17-2016, 09:37 PM
Rumor has it that their servers were raided by French police. Whatcd says all user data has been wiped. :cry:

https://twitter.com/whatcd (https://twitter.com/whatcd?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor)

https://i.gyazo.com/97f4691a2512c7267c80b880bd98251b.png

https://i.gyazo.com/9d7887787aa1a310406eb057d50d2a3e.png

respawn40
11-17-2016, 09:39 PM
One of the worst days of my life, honestly. Not the worst, but one of.

crdjhtw66
11-17-2016, 09:47 PM
:(

1000possibleclaws
11-17-2016, 09:47 PM

I'm devastated. It's pretty much the only tracker I still used, and I used it religiously... I'm sure something will come up to replace it, like whatcd did for Oink, but it's still absolutely horrible.

maximus_lt
11-17-2016, 09:49 PM

IdolEyes787
11-17-2016, 09:54 PM
The bad news is that perhaps the single greatest repository of recorded music in the World is now gone. The good news is that I now get to witness first-hand yet another bunch of self-entitled internet twats have simultaneous meltdowns while ignorantly posting pictures of black ribbons and refering to themselves as "refugees".

Hopefully someone will kill themselves over this "holocaust" just to further prove how screwed up some people's sense of perspective is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz0sQDhx1rE

I've never felt grief that hard. I had invested so much into this site...

I guess he was too busy listening to music to notice people dying left and right.

1000possibleclaws
11-17-2016, 10:23 PM
where will i get my obscure anime soundtracks now???? :cry:

robogo25
11-17-2016, 10:27 PM
When does the new music trackers?

IdolEyes787
11-17-2016, 10:31 PM

In your case just look at What shutting down as God's way of telling you that is too faggy a thing for any man to be doing.

BurntBlue
11-18-2016, 12:13 AM

I'm devastated. It's pretty much the only tracker I still used, and I used it religiously... I'm sure something will come up to replace it, like whatcd did for Oink, but it's still absolutely horrible.

this...

mrnobody
11-18-2016, 12:16 AM
Found out what died today. I tried waffle. Apparently that thing had already been dead.

But hey it only took me 5 second to remember the FST name and my login somehow worked on 1st time....so I got that going for me which is nice.

Tokeman
11-18-2016, 12:39 AM
Welcome back!
I too took a hiatus and remembered fst with the downfall of my favorite gaming tracker recently.
Now I come home to this...
What a sad day...

ca_aok
11-18-2016, 12:39 AM
I failed to come up with any words that capture the sense of loss for me.

To any of the staff, hope you're safe. No words of any arrests at least. R.I.P.

lee551
11-18-2016, 01:25 AM
I don't even remember the last time I visited FST, but I feel compelled to leave a post.

What an incredible loss for file-sharing and the internet in general. RIP what.cd.

IdolEyes787
11-18-2016, 01:25 AM

It's like your puppy dying if your puppy was made up entirely of entitlement. :(

Worst news of 2016.
This is probably the most depressing thing that has happened this year.

Worse than the terrorist attacks in France or the bombing at the Istanbul airport or Hurricane Matthew devastating Haiti or the shootings at the Orlando nightclub or my personal nightmare, the two year old getting eaten by the aligator at Disney World?

Try dealing with any of that and then get back to me on how you not having instanteous access to any music you want is something to cry over.

Geez. That was the entirety of pre-2002 saying that.

I believe or at least that last time I checked, everyone involved was still alive and presumably in good internet relative health and any friends that you may have had there are still contactable and there is still music in the World except for in clubs where they only play EDM.

whatcdfan
11-18-2016, 06:24 AM

To any of the staff, hope you're safe. No words of any arrests at least. R.I.P.

Indeed. :cry: Probably the greatest setback in the history of filesharing.

P.S To our awesome FST mods, please change my user to IdolEyesFan. Will be of some consolation in the time of grief.

megabyteme
11-18-2016, 08:08 AM
Rumor has it that their servers were raided by French police.

First available image of WhatCD staff:

http://i.imgur.com/T5NDwi3.png

whatcdfan
11-18-2016, 08:38 AM
If it's any consolation to any of you, be known that while What.cd is dead, I'm alive and in good health.

Also, Any bad shit happens anywhere, be rest assured there's always French involved. I guess there's more to the pussies then making love and drawing useless art.:angry:

Patriot foreve
11-18-2016, 09:17 AM
I don't even remember the last time I visited FST, but I feel compelled to leave a post.

What an incredible loss for file-sharing and the internet in general. RIP what.cd.

Same here , FST was the first place to think about when i heard the news , it's so sad to lose such a great tracker

manker
11-18-2016, 09:24 AM

Same here , FST was the first place to think about when i heard the news , it's so sad to lose such a great tracker
Yeah, well done lads. It's a bit like only going to visit your gran when you're a bit skint and you think she might slip you £50.

shaina
11-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Yeah, well done lads. It's a bit like only going to visit your gran when you're a bit skint and you think she might slip you £50.

Now you can purchase Usenet for a month or two if you score from dear old Granny :D
Be really curious how exclusive the music was on What.cd that you can't get anywhere else??

manker
11-18-2016, 09:34 AM

Now you can purchase Usenet for a month or two if you score from dear old Granny :D
Be really curious how exclusive the music was on What.cd that you can't get anywhere else??
The music was the same as most other places or a combination of. I think it was the free fedora with every download that drew people to the site.

shaina
11-18-2016, 09:53 AM
The music was the same as most other places or a combination of. I think it was the free fedora with every download that drew people to the site.

I have had lots of people requesting me to get them songs and i don't really think i have had a problem filling there request using Usenet :01:
But yes there is a cost added to it....

mellowcandle
11-18-2016, 10:39 AM
Any sane alternative ?

maximus_lt
11-18-2016, 10:57 AM

lztr :)

buggyfresh
11-18-2016, 11:07 AM
RIP what :(

Quarterquack
11-18-2016, 11:36 AM
That's a proper shit ending to 2016 if I can think of one.

I'm opening my hard drive up to Slsk and Subsonic as soon as I get the technical stuff down. If anyone is doing the same, let me know.

Any sane alternative ?

I don't think so. I don't even think we'll have anything in the vein of What again. Today's climate with streaming, with overzealous copyright claims, and with the general filesharing apathy (most people would much rather be passive endpoints for the data ditribution) make it unlikely a startup website today will be anywhere as successful or comprehensive. Someone will try surely, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that ship.

For what it's worth, What proved that semi-open access was its greatest strength and I'm sure anyone who comes along to try and get the next best thing rolling will know that. There's no fear of missing out. But we need to change and evolve how we interact with the law and the technology. We can't keep using systems developed in the early 2000s forever.

aoshivx
11-18-2016, 01:12 PM
Community = gone
Repository = gone

Kinda sad, the community part is somewhat replicable, but the repository I doubt it, considering how Hugh Mungus it was.
Looking back remembering how I once suggested it here for it to the mirrored unto usenet. Oh well, who listens.

anon
11-18-2016, 01:19 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/370528-So-where-does-my-life-go-from-here

shaina
11-18-2016, 01:21 PM

:lol: :lol:

IdolEyes787
11-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Also, Any bad shit happens anywhere, be rest assured there's always French involved. No that only really applies to movies and possibly cheese.

In short, go fuckus yourselfus.

:lol: :lol:
I think it's just the normal millenial response to having a convenience taken away. That is to say, to cry like a baby.

Kid up the street actually held a wake when his TV remote died.

shaina
11-18-2016, 02:17 PM
I think it's just the normal millenial response to having a convenience taken away. That is to say, to cry like a baby.
Kid up the street actually held a wake when his TV remote died.

Are you assuming these posts are from millennial's, i don't think so, the funny thing there will be 10 more sites that will pop up in no time, but the sky is falling!!!

For the wake...I hope they served coffee and cake LOL!!!

Plus i like to know how many times the kid threw the remote?? Figuring that the parents would go buy a new one anyways:whistling

IdolEyes787
11-18-2016, 02:42 PM

shaina
11-18-2016, 02:48 PM

:artist::yup::artist:

megabyteme
11-18-2016, 02:52 PM

I wish I had your memory, anon.

:lol: I'll use a quote from that thread to sum up how I feel...

Get a real life, it's just a tracker ... :rolleyes:

smcewa11
11-18-2016, 02:59 PM
The bad news is that perhaps the single greatest repository of recorded music in the World is now gone. The good news is that I now get to witness first-hand yet another bunch of self-entitled internet twats have simultaneous meltdowns while ignorantly posting pictures of black ribbons and refering to themselves as "refugees".

Hopefully someone will kill themselves over this "holocaust" just to further prove how screwed up some people's sense of perspective is.

:cry:

A tad harsh.

The only real concern I have is that the staff dont get any legal trouble over it all. That whiny French anti-piracy twat saying that they want 40 million euro's, down from 400 million euro's, do not like him and dont like the bit about the "boss" being in the UK.

IdolEyes787
11-18-2016, 03:02 PM
Totally reasonable. Would that more people were like you.

Btw I'm unconcerned because I've still got an old AM radio that I've been keeping as insurance in case of something like this happening.

megabyteme
11-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Btw I'm unconcerned because I've still got an old AM radio that I've been keeping as insurance in case of something like this happening.
It's the future, man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV3zWSawJiw

shaina
11-18-2016, 04:50 PM

megabyteme
11-18-2016, 05:20 PM
With WhatCD gone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S94ohyErSw

Skiz
11-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Any sane alternative ?

I don't think so. I don't even think we'll have anything in the vein of What again. Today's climate with streaming, with overzealous copyright claims, and with the general filesharing apathy (most people would much rather be passive endpoints for the data ditribution) make it unlikely a startup website today will be anywhere as successful or comprehensive. Someone will try surely, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that ship.

For what it's worth, What proved that semi-open access was its greatest strength and I'm sure anyone who comes along to try and get the next best thing rolling will know that. There's no fear of missing out. But we need to change and evolve how we interact with the law and the technology. We can't keep using systems developed in the early 2000s forever.

For once I agree with you...sort of. While What was indisputably unparalleled in it's repertoire, it was also unparalleled in everything else it offered. The Gazelle format was above and beyond anything any other site offered. Thankfully that code has been shared in numerous places online as a template. But even if someone decides to use it and create a genuine replacement for What, they are unlikely to be as level-headed and easy going as the previous staffers. The Oink approach to running a tracker was awful. Oink shut down with only around 200K torrents whereas What had more than ten times that with over 2 million. It really was a friendly place with a great community feel. The user-focused approach is clearly the correct one. Something will come along again, but it won't be another What.

aoshivx
11-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Looks like more shitstorm incoming.

Deli.sh - Closed
HDa - Closing

anon
11-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Looks like more shitstorm incoming.

Deli.sh - Closed
HDa - Closing

GazelleGames: wiped their server and shut down. According a staff member, "this should hopefully be only temporary".

Skiz
11-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Site shutdowns have been pretty minimal in the past several years. Seems like the ones behind the shutdowns are orchestrating a lot of semi-simultaneous closures.

DanielleD87
11-19-2016, 07:30 AM
*waves* How long has it been? A decade? Wow, time flew by!

RIP What. :(

The show must go on, and with that being said, what's the go to alternative music/ebook/osx apps/audiobook tracker these days?

1000possibleclaws
11-19-2016, 08:19 AM
*waves* How long has it been? A decade? Wow, time flew by!

RIP What. :(

The show must go on, and with that being said, what's the go to alternative music/ebook/osx apps/audiobook tracker these days?

I'm afraid its a spotify subscription at the moment afaik, maybe SoulSeek but the quality is a mixed bag. I'm hope something big is in the works in terms of a bt tracker.

turin
11-19-2016, 10:13 AM
I was not at what.cd but at waffles, and it seems to be down too :-(

maximus_lt
11-19-2016, 12:50 PM

https://twitter.com/whatcd/status/799751019294965760

IdolEyes787
11-19-2016, 07:15 PM
So basically one short "Boy are we ever full of ourselves and then we're out of here".

All that needed was some inapproriately majestic music and it would qualify as a golf broadcast.

shaina
11-19-2016, 07:45 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ghtv_tin-cup-golf-big-finish_shortfilms

megabyteme
11-19-2016, 09:29 PM
Deli.sh - Closed

Goddamnit.

IdolEyes787
11-19-2016, 09:39 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ghtv_tin-cup-golf-big-finish_shortfilms

Tin Cup was a great movie. I take personal offense that you dare compare it to some former bt site full of whiny miscreants.:snooty:

megabyteme
11-20-2016, 12:17 AM
Tin Cup was a great movie. I take personal offense that you dare compare it to some former bt site full of whiny miscreants.:snooty:

It did have Kevin Costner in it. Analogy holds...

shaina
11-20-2016, 02:29 AM

My Bad Idol :fear:

And your right it was a great movie, if you like golf that is :01:

It did have Kevin Costner in it. Analogy holds...

Being real here, i would ask how the signal strength is from Mars considering how much i hear from you lately??

I could understand you might be a bit dehydrated or even out of bodily fluids :O, but i don't see that any excuse for your ability to type.
Or is it maybe i have to be a wee bit younger and have boobs to have a chance these days:cry:

anon
11-20-2016, 03:36 AM
Being real here, i would ask how the signal strength is from Mars considering how much i hear from you lately??

I could understand you might be a bit dehydrated or even out of bodily fluids :O, but i don't see that any excuse for your ability to type.
Or is it maybe i have to be a wee bit younger and have boobs to have a chance these days:cry:

I'm guessing some PMs have gone unanswered? :eyebrows:

shaina
11-20-2016, 05:11 AM
I'm guessing some PMs have gone unanswered? :eyebrows:

No, not at all Anon, he just has not been here too much...

How i got this rep with PM's is beyond me tho:idunno:, i can say there is just some things are better left out of the open forums:innocent:

Evelyn
11-20-2016, 09:10 AM

anon
11-20-2016, 04:08 PM
How i got this rep with PM's is beyond me tho:idunno:

Probably by sending too many. :smartass:

megabyteme
11-20-2016, 05:33 PM
How i got this rep with PM's is beyond me tho:idunno:

Probably by sending too many. :smartass:

:whistling

IdolEyes787
11-20-2016, 07:32 PM
Jesus Christ this site just shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no wait ,my mistake, that's just the normal amount of activity.

Too bad really, I had a special dirge ready that I was going to present to the Facebook FST refugee group and everything.:(

Well at least I still have my collage.

smcewa11
11-20-2016, 07:53 PM
Waffles could still return. There was a staff comment about it returning soon, but no definite date. A couple of possible new music sites starting, so it is not all doom and gloom.

megabyteme
11-20-2016, 10:38 PM
Jesus Christ this site just shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no wait ,my mistake, that's just the normal amount of activity.

Too bad really, I had a special dirge ready that I was going to present to the Facebook FST refugee group and everything.:(

Well at least I still have my collage.

Rip fst

:(

IdolEyes787
11-20-2016, 11:53 PM
I'm pretty sure that OlegL ratted us out to the coppers on promise of sex.

That's my operating theory but I won't know if it's true or not until I'm able to waterboard him.

megabyteme
11-21-2016, 12:08 AM
I'm pretty sure that OlegL ratted us out to the coppers on promise of sex.

That's my operating theory but I won't know if it's true or not until I'm able to waterboard him.

http://i.imgur.com/MDvKSaL.jpg

Skiz
11-21-2016, 01:31 AM

https://twitter.com/whatcd/status/799751019294965760

"Learn from our successes and learn from our failings."

How can any subsequent sites learn from your failings when there's been nothing but secrecy surrounding what ultimately led to the failures?

anon
11-21-2016, 02:27 AM
Waffles could still return. There was a staff comment about it returning soon, but no definite date.

But is there any information about why they're down to begin with? And while exceptionally long, this isn't their first downtime this year either. That and the surprise domain change made them lose a lot of people and torrents. If they returned now, they could certainly compensate with an influx of What.cd refugees (a term that makes me want to puke, yet I'll use for the sake of convenience). It doesn't look like that will happen in time, though.

ramishka
11-21-2016, 04:00 AM
Waffles.ch now shows an interesting image http://waffles.ch/
Also, an ex-staffer posted this image on reddit, with the caption "Soon" https://i.redd.it/8e0rlzjiivyx.png

1000possibleclaws
11-21-2016, 04:11 AM
I'm holding out hope that some of the minds behind what.cds innovations will come together and give us something brand new. Waffles will never be able to fill the void of whatcd

smcewa11
11-21-2016, 04:19 AM
The waffles pic is now titled: Just moving things around a bit, back soon!" **link removed** -Skiz

edit: saw this in a post:

OK. here, finally is the story. Waffles went down for financial reasons, and stayed down due to staff issues that will not be hashed in public, don't bother asking. Lack of communication was because of the staff element, I was hoping the downtime would last a day or two at most at the beginning, but that obviously isn't what happened. This happened at a really inopportune time, we were just as surprised at what happened since we went down as you were.
We've changed hosts to get a situation that is within our current means. We still owe a debt to the old host that will need payment, and we still need money to pay it. Because we're changing hosts (and equipment), we don't know how long it will take before we are able to come back up. But I will make sure our twitter and this space are updated with news as it comes, particularly if an ETA arrives.
Some answers to frequently asked questions: No, we're not adopting gazelle. The amount of development time it would take to do that is not available. For now, things will be as they were when we went down.
No data appears to be lost, we have the site code as it was when we went offline.
We're keeping the current invite policy in place when we reopen. We recruit at a couple of private torrent sites, plus invites are open. So will we offer something more liberal? That depends on what we find our current capacity to be after we get set up.
That's all for now. Let's hope the migration goes simple and easy.

bonetee
11-21-2016, 02:19 PM
R.I.P what.cd

this had to be the biggest torrent site in the history of torrent sites

and no backups ? :unsure:

IdolEyes787
11-21-2016, 02:24 PM
The administrators had backups but they kept them in their pants and they are now covered in shit.

bonetee
11-21-2016, 02:27 PM
They had ? what are they trying to backup ? the phpmyadmin backup ? is that enough to restore a website ?

hijump
11-21-2016, 02:39 PM
SCT was a good tracker not what cd

smcewa11
11-21-2016, 02:46 PM

ScT was not just good, it was the greatest private tracker there has been. Took on all comers and thrashed them.

0Ri0N
11-21-2016, 09:55 PM
Sad days. After OiNK, now WhatCD! :(

anon
11-22-2016, 01:43 AM
The waffles pic is now titled: "Just moving things around a bit, back soon!" (http://waffles.ch/).

edit: saw this in a post:

Thanks, these are good news.

and no backups ? :unsure:

I thought the same thing as soon as I read they'd completely wiped their database. My guess is that there are backups (off-site backups are essential), but staff don't feel like restarting the site on another host and don't trust anyone else with their data, which is the same as nothing. I would be pleased to be proven wrong, however.

In seven days, ScT will have been dead for seven years, so I give your troll 7/10.

DanielleD87
11-22-2016, 07:42 PM
Phhht it was all about wheel mods.

ScT had a private cable modem hacking forum that sadly nothing has rivaled since.

I hear SCC is still around but 10 years ago some of the staff turned me off and I haven't been back since.

This just in! A new tracker appeared called Time Machine, which literally has all the best parts of the past in one site! RIP torrent community.. :(

1000possibleclaws
11-23-2016, 01:09 AM
I had completely forgotten that wheel mods, sct, ftn, etc ever even existed for me. What kind of person would think back and actually care that a scene tracker died? That shit just doesn't matter. Sure there were nice people on wheel mods still do not care

Skiz
11-23-2016, 03:19 AM
I had completely forgotten that wheel mods, sct, ftn, etc ever even existed for me. What kind of person would think back and actually care that a scene tracker died? That shit just doesn't matter. Sure there were nice people on wheel mods still do not care

This.

Tokeman
11-23-2016, 03:39 AM
It matters to some more than others. I've had times in my life where my online activity was far greater than my real life activity. Not a good place but it is what it is (or was in this example). People take these things to heart, first world problems indeed.

manker
11-23-2016, 10:31 AM
In all fairness, that's why I keep coming back here - there are some decent spuds to talk to in this community.
Of course it will make people sad if they lose that [tracker] community if they were part of it, and they will think about it from time to time.

I read that in a book about being a human being.

better
11-24-2016, 10:26 AM
Do you know any alternatives for what.cd ? With FLAC music please

What I can say is:
https://rutracker.org
https://waffles.ch - which is not working from few weeks.
an other open crap trackers like http://extratorrent.cc

What.cd was just too good to lose it, all of my trackers could gone without grief but just not this one.

maximus_lt
11-24-2016, 11:42 AM
Whatcd says all user data has been wiped. :cry:
Not all. Many users have a habit to save screenshots of web pages and their profile, including me :)

maximus_lt
11-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Do you know any alternatives for what.cd ? With FLAC music please
What I can say is:
https://rutracker.org
There's plenty of albums that were recorded on what.cd and vice versa, on rutracker, including my releases

What I can say is:
https://waffles.ch - which is not working from few weeks.
You come to the old address. They have changed the protocol. On the main page, they announced the collection of money, because they moved and owe money to the old hosting - http://www.waffles.ch

buggyfresh
11-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Shit totally forgot about wheel mods - them were the days.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2016, 04:57 PM
I had completely forgotten that wheel mods, sct, ftn, etc ever even existed for me. What kind of person would think back and actually care that a scene tracker died? That shit just doesn't matter. Sure there were nice people on wheel mods still do not care This sort of " I don't so how could anybody?" sort of thinking is basically what I hate about everyone under the age of thirty and Donald Trump.

anon
11-24-2016, 10:05 PM
Not all. Many users have a habit to save screenshots of web pages and their profile, including me :)

Yeah... about that.

robogo25
11-25-2016, 01:17 AM
XANAX Music - Open Registration! :-)

https://xanax.rip/register.php

Update from XANAX: We are experiencing some issues with our mail server, so everyone has been auto-confirmed for now, we are working hard on fixing all the issues. Small baby bugs, but we're in it for the long haul. Thank you for the patience.

SCC:

RIP What.CD
What.CD was an enormous resource for the music community and it is with a broken heart we saw it close. Many people have gone into hiding the days after the closure, but we hope someone will take its place.

For those of you looking for a new home, we recommend our friends at https://xanax.rip. The people running the site have multiple years of experience of running a large site and have been a help in our fight for security. There are currently open signups, so let's help them get the ball rolling. https://xanax.rip.

XANAX frontpage wrote:

In the wake of what can only be described as a tragedy, where the world lost an extraordinary tracker to corporate greed, we bring you XANAX to ease the pain. First we lost OiNK and now we've lost What.CD... We can't just stand by and watch this happen again.

We open our doors to thousands of heartbroken music lovers and we are confident that our community will build itself back up, piece by piece.

I'd like to quote What.CD staff: "What happens next is in your hands." Let us show the world they can't bring down the love for music.

IdolEyes787
11-25-2016, 02:24 PM
XANAX frontpage wrote:

In the wake of what can only be described as a tragedy, where the world lost an extraordinary tracker to corporate greed, we bring you XANAX to ease the pain. First we lost OiNK and now we've lost What.CD... We can't just stand by and watch this happen again.

We open our doors to thousands of heartbroken music lovers and we are confident that our community will build itself back up, piece by piece.

I'd like to quote What.CD staff: "What happens next is in your hands." Let us show the world they can't bring down the love for music.

I hate to tug at that warm comforting blanket of delusion that some like to wrap themselves in but there is nothing "greedy", coporate or otherwise about merely expecting a law to be enforced.On the other hand, wanting everything made available to you, whether you are entitled to it or not is probably the very definition of greed.

As for this "community" bullshit that some trackers like to drag out, call me old fashion but I personally believe that a community means something other than a collective of individuals whose sole purpose for being there is self gain and ego boosting.

Lastly, to the idiot at XANAX who wrote that, I would quote Einstein to you but instead let me offer this. If you truly want this to change then you need to work within the system and not against it. Approach your local government and keep at it and don't be dissuaded by a "no". Otherwise Napster-Oink-What..... are you beginining to see a pattern here? History repeating or something.

PS A "tragedy" is like when a tractor trailer slams into a schoolbus and kills a bunch of children. This is at best an inconvience or maybe a setback, asshat.

maximus_lt
11-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Since what.cd has left us, the clones are growing like mushrooms :) Even sorry time for them. I will wait for the return what.cd and waffles.

megabyteme
11-25-2016, 04:45 PM
A "tragedy" is like when a tractor trailer slams into a schoolbus and kills a bunch of children.

Depends on the children. :idunno:

shaina
11-25-2016, 05:01 PM
A "tragedy" is like when a tractor trailer slams into a schoolbus and kills a bunch of children.
Depends on the children. :idunno:

How about a guy that looks like a young Snoop Dog and wraps a school bus around a tree, with all clear weather conditions, and kills young kids..
Now that is a real tragedy:cry:

PS. What the Heck Meg!! You have children!!
Any innocent children getting hurt or killed is a bad thing:yup:
Idol was spot on in the meaning of tragedy....

anon
11-25-2016, 09:25 PM
Since what.cd has left us, the clones are growing like mushrooms :)

I have only heard about NoStream and Viagra Xanax so far, are there any others?

IdolEyes787
11-25-2016, 10:12 PM

pth rec seems to be the one that all the loathsome people who speak only in terms of torrent master and FLAC seem to be gravitating towards. Presumably because this one makes them feel the most elite.

anon
11-25-2016, 10:39 PM
pth rec seems to be the one that all the loathsome people who speak only in terms of torrent master and FLAC seem to be gravitating towards. Presumably because this one makes them feel the most elite.

Thanks, will create an account right now. I want to be elite too :smilie4:

cinephilia
11-25-2016, 10:41 PM
just realized that both waffles and what.cd got shut down.

i guess the good side of it is that i'm back on FST after years of inactivity.

IdolEyes787
11-25-2016, 10:44 PM

Fine, just don't tell them that you're a Jew.

If we are to believe that's the good side then I'm really hoping never to see the bad side.

shaina
11-26-2016, 12:39 AM

anon
11-26-2016, 03:26 AM
just realized that both waffles and what.cd got shut down.

:coffee:

No, silly, that's shaina. Don't mix your lore up.

shaina
11-26-2016, 03:40 AM
fine, just don't tell them that you're a jew.
no, silly, that's shaina. Don't mix your lore up.

:o

Tokeman
11-26-2016, 05:48 AM
After months of nothing, what happens today? Wife asks for music. Sheesh.

anon
11-26-2016, 04:52 PM
After months of nothing, what happens today? Wife asks for music. Sheesh.

Just look for whatever she wants on RuTracker, Warez-BB, or even Google (appending "320 kbps" or "FLAC" to the album name works wonders to get download links). What.cd was undoubtedly a great music library, but not the only one.

maximus_lt
11-26-2016, 05:53 PM

It's all nonsense. I registered on Xanax even log checker off there :wacko: Load horrible: ISO images upconvert...there are not any guidelines, section WiKi empty. This what.cd does not allow himself to such! I believe that it will come back, but not in such a wretched state.
Now there will be many clones do not get fooled by it. Simply take the template and make what.cd tracker :)

Then base with nicknames and email addresses leaked to the network.

maximus_lt
11-26-2016, 05:58 PM

Elite of the elite :) In such resources is usually nothing to download :)

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 06:37 PM
I can get someone into PassTheHeadphones.me but it will require me to lie and for them to immediately upload a lot of stuff and then spend the rest of the time offending people so staff there will believe it's me.

Either that or you could just watch stuff on Youtube like I do because I see no point to FLAC when you're probably just going to listen to some horrible shit that isn't Led Zeppelin anyway.

Btw PassTheHeadphones.me is apparently really big on security so don't go blabbling the name PassTheHeadphones.me all over the net.

shaina
11-26-2016, 06:40 PM
I can get someone into PassTheHeadphones.me but it will require me to lie and for them to immediately upload a lot of stuff and then spend the rest of the time offending people so staff there will believe it's me.
Either that or you could just watch stuff on Youtube like I do because I see no point to FLAC when you're probably just going to listen to some horrible shit that isn't Led Zeppelin anyway.

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtN8oBjMr_E

anon
11-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Btw PassTheHeadphones.me is apparently really big on security so don't go blabbling the name PassTheHeadphones.me all over the net.

I'll be sure to delete any such mentions I come across.

IdolEyes787
11-26-2016, 07:00 PM
Jimmy Page and Robert Plant kicked so much ass I'm shocked that there is still any ass left to be kicked.

I'll be sure to delete any such mentions I come across.

I meant what I said about lying and getting someone an invite though as I'm nothing if not subversive and honestly like I'm going actually ever go to the trouble of perfectly encoding some FLAC. Because not ghey, obviously.

better
11-26-2016, 10:56 PM
So what do we have:

rutracker.org
XANAX Music
PassTheHeadphones - invite required.
warez-bb - not a tracker

anything else ?

Quarterquack
11-27-2016, 01:36 AM

Yeah, PTH is going with the exclusivity angle, recruiting at the traditionally 'hard to get into' trackers. I'm not sure if that's the right strategy. BUT, PTH does already have a request and active collage sections, which I think are vital if we want to rebuild as quickly as possible.

Xanax's advantages are that it has more torrents and more users. And that in general it seems more open to having the same recruitment policies as What.

Likely history will repeat itself and Xanax will win out.

IdolEyes787
11-27-2016, 02:58 PM
I only pray it is so because I've been reading comments by a bunch of "high userclass members" on "exclusive trackers" looking down their noses at Xanax because it doesn't cater exclusively to asshole like themselves and frankly it makes me want to vomit.

Jesus fucking Christ, why do the relatively small number of the same preening bittards have to dominate and ruin every fucking tracker?

megabyteme
11-27-2016, 06:26 PM
I only pray it is so because I've been reading comments by a bunch of "high userclass members" on "exclusive trackers" looking down their noses at Xanax because it doesn't cater exclusively to asshole like themselves and frankly it makes me want to vomit.

Jesus fucking Christ, why do the relatively small number of the same preening bittards have to dominate and ruin every fucking tracker?

Have you considered starting your own tracker which would only allow members who are not interested in becoming members? That would extinguish all elitism from the start.

I promise to not be interested in becoming a member. Wholeheartedly.

IdolEyes787
11-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Just as well. I wouldn't let you become a member if you were the last woman on Earth, Ma'am.

Member. snicker

Quarterquack
11-27-2016, 11:49 PM
If you think about it, PTH is the Randian ideal community. What could be better?

anon
11-28-2016, 12:59 AM
https://notwhat.cd/

:unsure:

IdolEyes787
11-28-2016, 01:18 AM
If you think about it, PTH is the Randian ideal community. What could be better?

Off the top of my head I dunno, literately anything?

Oh course I'm not that bright. Like for instance, until the precise moment that you used the phrase "Randian ideal community" in the sentence, I never realized you were ghey.

Quarterquack
11-28-2016, 01:19 AM

Off the top of my head I dunno, literately anything?

Oh course I'm not that bright. Like for instance, until the precise moment that you used the phrase "Randian ideal community" in the sentence, I never realized you were ghey.

Since when were you so daft that you couldn't pick up on sarcasm? :no:

https://notwhat.cd/

What? Not What? What's Not What Not if Not What?

maximus_lt
11-29-2016, 01:23 PM

Do not get fooled by these purses. If WHCD and come back, it was only on his own domain What.cd

1000possibleclaws
12-01-2016, 03:11 AM
all members got 5 invites on Xanax/Apollo, and the site is doing weeklong freeleech. now is a good chance to get into that replacement site.

robogo25
12-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Xanax.rip: https://xanax.rip/index.php

Freeleech and five invitations all users!

Update 6 hours and 41 mins ago Hide

We deeply apologize for yesterdays shenanigans on the site, one of our moderator accounts was used to write a silly news message, give away freeleech tokens and 40.000 invites. Our database was in no way compromised.

Rest assured, that issue has been swiftly dealt with - so that we can continue building our community.

To help jumpstart the downloading, all download stats were reset and to encourage snatching we'll be doing a sitewide freeleech for a week!

We've restored email services, users should be able to recover their accounts and on that note we've also enabled invites, each member will receive five (5) invitations!

Forced SSL on the site is up, SSL for the tracker is currently undergoing testing and will be up soon.

IRCD is up and running and we're adding a few finishing touches so that it will be 100% ready for the masses.

Logchecker is on its way as well, we're currenly doing some finetuning and will go through some testing before we launch it.

Thank you for your patience. Thank you for all the uploads, the fantastic forum community and the genuine drive to make this site better. Keep up the amazing job, we could not have done this without you!

Please invite your friends so that they can take part in rebuilding the lost Our power is in numbers, the more the merrier! :love:

powerwolf
12-01-2016, 09:15 AM
I just wish there was a way what.cd users could get into xanax somehow... Without having internet friends its tough :)

aoshivx
12-02-2016, 12:30 AM
I just wish there was a way what.cd users could get into xanax somehow... Without having internet friends its tough :)

Well blame the current Political Climate, times have changed. Heck, majority of top tier/rare trackers that people like to boast about on the e-penis list, like 8+ years ago all you had to do was ASK. Today, not so much.

IdolEyes787
12-02-2016, 02:36 AM
It's probably not a coincidence that most of those trackers don't exist anymore either.

anon
12-02-2016, 01:03 PM

I'm guessing you missed the open signups.

powerwolf
12-02-2016, 01:45 PM

I'm guessing you missed the open signups.

yep!

bozboy
12-02-2016, 03:02 PM
we're rebuilding!

powerwolf
12-02-2016, 03:25 PM

we're rebuilding! - notwhat.cd
IRCD: Server: irc.notwhat.cd Port: 6697 SSL: On - Accept all certificates Channel: #notwhat

Can't connect, software cause connection abort or something like that... port good, SSL on

bozboy
12-02-2016, 03:38 PM
use hexchat.

1000possibleclaws
12-02-2016, 07:23 PM
do you think you will ever catch up bozboy? you guys have entirely missed the wave of momentum.

anon
12-03-2016, 02:24 AM
Besides, it's not What.cd... :(

DaveReg
12-03-2016, 02:40 AM
Mehhhh, that sucks.

Funkin'
12-03-2016, 08:08 AM
So what's supposed to be the next What, xanax? Gotta love that benzo name...

Wish I would have used up that buffer at What. Or at least snatched what was in my bookmarks.

maximus_lt
12-03-2016, 01:56 PM
So what's supposed to be the next What, xanax?
Too many of them :)

apollo.rip (xanax)
notwhat.cd
nostre.am
passtheheadphones.me

I think this is escaped resources organized by moderators. Now and then there appear old releasers with what.cd
It's like a workout. I think the what.cd will return quietly, without Publicity for the same domain in the next year. Just need to periodically check the old address. I do not lose hope :)

IdolEyes787
12-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Kinda sad that at least three of those you mention have no ambition or imagination beyond being a What.cd clone.

I got an invite to PtH, out of sheer dumb curiosity and when I logged in for the first time it was literally like being on What again.:mellow:

Most bt-type people would look at that as good thing but What.cd never was a very good place for the average, normal, sane person like myself who just liked music and didn't get all spastic about everything having to be "perfect" 24 bit FLAC and spending half your life uploading a ton of shite albums to try and maintain a ratio.

aoshivx
12-04-2016, 12:16 AM
..........the average, normal, sane person like myself who just liked music and didn't get all spastic about everything having to be "perfect" 24 bit FLAC and spending half your life uploading a ton of shite albums to try and maintain a ratio.

Reminds me of a post i saw elsewhere not too long ago.

lol at the faggots wasting their life trying to keep up with multiple trackers and climbing their classes.

anon
12-04-2016, 01:45 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/446521-What-cd-IS-NOT-for-the-casual-user!!
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/457750-Is-what-cd-an-outdated-torrent-website

Looking forward to a 2017 edition of these :)

smcewa11
12-04-2016, 03:54 AM
Reminds me of a post i saw elsewhere not too long ago.

lol at the faggots wasting their life trying to keep up with multiple trackers and climbing their classes.

I saw them referred to as the Cult of What...I like this and will probably start using it.

They really are still stuck back in Oink mode when most people had adsl and few had even heard of seedboxes which was a time that was ripe for a hard ratio site. The Cultists have no intention of changing and are stuck in that 2005 mindset. As idol says they are trying to recreate What and this alone is scary, recreate their Cults temple, and if you challenge the belief of the Cult you are an enemy of the Cult.

On the other hand, I buffered pth and apollo up so will never need to worry about ratio on them. Works for me. :P

One of the big changes is in the fact that there is currently not the same monopoly that What had and I hope it stays this way as it will be better for casual users who are able to move between them for the best deal, the best bang for their upload buck.

1000possibleclaws
12-04-2016, 07:08 AM
hmm so I've already hit the whatcd standard prereqs for "elite" on Apollo.rip, in terms of uploads (50 in perfect flacs so it can't be disputed to be mutt rips), and upload data (250 gigs). wonder if that's enough proof for PTH axx.

i mean who the hell keeps screenshots of their whatcd stats to prove they were former Elite+, unless they are traders or weirdos. I'm sure my proof on xanax is more reputable right??? :blink:

maximus_lt
12-04-2016, 09:01 AM
1000possibleclaws, I registered at all four sites and all required profiles and screenshots of the picture uTorrent with albums.

1000possibleclaws
12-04-2016, 09:51 AM
1000possibleclaws, I registered at all four sites and all required profiles and screenshots of the picture uTorrent with albums.

http://pastebin.com/raw/aPE2FtLv

rip i have no screenshots of whatcd

IdolEyes787
12-04-2016, 02:02 PM

In total seriousness, I don't know why anyone would want to be a member of a site run by assholes like that.
Torrent sites literally bring out the very worst in people, which is sad seeing as "sharing" should be bringing out the best. Or maybe I've got it backward and they just attract the worst type of person.

Alternately may I strongly suggest that you ( and others) instead work to try to make Apollo the best site it can be and maybe it will in time surpass PtDouche. Life is too short to live with much regret.

Also you're all clearly brainwashed as I'm reasonably sure that no one short of a sound engineer should know, let along care what "perfect flacs so it can't be disputed to be mutt rips" means.

Then again I'm more along the lines of artists who understand that perfection is boring as fuck anyway.

teflon05
12-04-2016, 03:14 PM
I was a member of What from the first week, but have no proof of it. Don't really give a shit either. I got into Apollo during the open reg, and have a nice buffer now, so I couldn't care less. Hopefully, it'll stick around for a while. Eventually, if the opportunity arises, I'll probably join PtH so I'll have somewhere else to get stuff if Apollo goes tits up, but I'm not in any hurry, for sure.

The way people are and were acting when What went down is ridiculous. People acting like their mother died or something. It was a torrent site, nothing more, no matter how good you thought it was. It's sad to think so many people dedicated so much time and effort to something that everyone should have known wasn't going to last. It was never a question of IF, only WHEN...

anon
12-04-2016, 04:19 PM
They really are still stuck back in Oink mode when most people had adsl and few had even heard of seedboxes which was a time that was ripe for a hard ratio site. The Cultists have no intention of changing and are stuck in that 2005 mindset. As idol says they are trying to recreate What and this alone is scary, recreate their Cults temple, and if you challenge the belief of the Cult you are an enemy of the Cult.

Well, to be fair, there's the required ratio system and some freeleech torrents (which will get you 10 MB a year, but oh well). TorrentLeech is a far better example of a tracker stuck on 2005: zero freeleech, no bonus points, and waiting times on new torrents :slap:

Anyway, I'd like a Torrent Celebrity account on PassTheHead or whatever the name is. What.cd proof follows.

1000possibleclaws
12-04-2016, 07:30 PM

In total seriousness, I don't know why anyone would want to be a member of a site run by assholes like that.
Torrent sites literally bring out the very worst in people, which is sad seeing as "sharing" should be bringing out the best. Or maybe I've got it backward and they just attract the worst type of person.

Alternately may I strongly suggest that you ( and others) instead work to try to make Apollo the best site it can be and maybe it will in time surpass PtDouche. Life is too short to live with much regret.

Also you're all clearly brainwashed as I'm reasonably sure that no one short of a sound engineer should know, let along care what "perfect flacs so it can't be disputed to be mutt rips" means.

Then again I'm more along the lines of artists who understand that perfection is boring as fuck anyway.

good point.

BTW I don't personally care for or listen to perfect flacs. I upload them because they are untrumpable and members can make whatever rips they want from them. I fortunately have over 50 releases from bandcamp.com, and they offer web FLAC, which is 'perfect' standard, so it was relatively convenient.

IdolEyes787
12-04-2016, 08:08 PM
So what in effect you're saying is that either you play the game or the game plays you.

I don't intend to upload anything because I'm fairly sure that's not the reason to belong to a site where you intend to steal stuff but I don't mind as you've got to do that if you intend to download a lot or want to get into higher userclasses so you can pretend you're cool. I will however never, ever accept all the assholes with seedboxes who monopolize all the bandwidth on every torrent even though they have absolutely no reason other than the obvious, being cunts reason to do so.

teflon05
12-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Not everyone who uses servers are assholes or ratio whores. I got one (cheap, through Dediseed) because Comcast tends to frown on torrenting, and although I don't DL nearly as much as I used to (and use Usenet as much as possible) I still dl the occasional hard to find torrent.
Also, I don't have to leave my desktop running 24/7.
I agree with you about the upload part, though. I was a member of What from the first week, and never uploaded anything there, only seeded what I downloaded. Granted, I seeded everything for months, but I never had ratio problems there. But anytime I mentioned that on any forum, people acted like I was some kind of criminal because I didn't do any ripping/uploading. I didn't give a shit about userclasses.

maximus_lt
12-05-2016, 02:13 AM
On HDBits many distributed invitations. Simply ask.

Funkin'
12-06-2016, 07:39 AM

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.

I mean I'm mainly a blues and jazz listener(you know...real music and the such), and the remaining music trackers i belong to cater to my needs just fine.

Although admittedly these trackers don't have everything(but one tracker does?). So What was indeed nice to belong to for those few albums I couldn't find elsewhere.

Maybe once these trackers are more than a few weeks old and have some substantial content(cuz really, how much can they really have at this point) I might make an effort to becoming a member.

But for right now I just don't have the patience or energy to kiss ass to get granted into some start up tracker that which we have no idea if it'll be around in a month or so...

Funkin'
12-06-2016, 07:47 AM
BTW I don't personally care for or listen to perfect flacs. I upload them because they are untrumpable and members can make whatever rips they want from them.

This is why I dig 'em too. It's nice to have a lossless rip just so I can convert into whatever the fuck I want. I'm mainly an OGG user, and pretty much nobody uploads in this 'superior to mp3' format. So a raw rip is nice to have for an example like this.

smcewa11
12-06-2016, 10:15 PM
The xanax site is having open signups again for very short periods it seems. Hang out in their irc and you get notified.

Not done this so cant confirm if it is true but it appears on reddit so still cant confirm if true. :)

Tokeman
12-07-2016, 03:50 AM
The xanax site is having open signups again for very short periods it seems. Hang out in their irc and you get notified.

Not done this so cant confirm if it is true but it appears on reddit so still cant confirm if true. :)

If only I weren't so lazy...

mjmacky
12-07-2016, 12:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvpd-7Y4t_s

bozboy
12-07-2016, 11:20 PM
NotWhat.CD Week #One Update 5 hours and 46 mins ago
"I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I'd do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action."

Good day comrades and welcome to Week #One at NotWhat.CD

What a wonderful time to be alive! Over 1,000 users and 5,000 torrents!

First and foremost I want to thank each and every one of our community members and staff for their optimism, patience and dedication. This is your home as much as it is mine and we are making it a wonderful place with a tight-knit community. Before we delve into our site's updates and our site's future it will be best to clear up the disinformation going around.

1. We are in no way, shape or form related to or involved with nostream.co or nostre.am.
2. Our staff members and userbase is comprised entirely of former what.cd members, elites, torrent masters, interviewers, beta team, staff and other tracker staff.
3. We have absolutely no affiliation with 4chan, 8chan, or any other chan, forum or public website.
4. NotWhat.CD uses CloudFlare as an endpoint for our reverse proxies just like nearly every other tracker which explains why our IP Block is similar to most other tracker sites (pth, apl, nos, etc). We are NOT hosted in the same facility as any one of these trackers.

At NotWhat.CD we do not see other music trackers as competition. To the contrary we have been working with several other trackers in effort to unite the community on several fronts including development, security and new features.

For example, our latest update integrating logchecker.php has been a combined effort between our staff and the staff at libble.me, a well known, respected tracker.
I want to personally thank libble.me and their staff for providing the new age of music trackers source code for a well-tested logchecker.php.
Without their help none of the new trackers would have a functional log checker and I think it's a disservice to the entire community to not give credit where credit is due.

Site Updates:
Week One Update#1. Functional Log Checker
Our 'Perfect FLAC' stats will be updated every hour on the hour.
Log Checker Issues:
1a. Viewing log files on site has not been implemented yet.
1b. Attaching missing log files to existing torrents has not been implemented yet.

Week One Update#2. IRC Services
We have implemented NickServ, ChanServ and our Gazelle Bot - Che.
NickServ allows authentication with a X.509 certificate with the CERT Command.
Users can gain access to member-only channels with "/msg che enter #notwhat site-user irckey".
Please make sure your site password, NickServ password and IRCKey are all different.

Week One Update#3. Proper SSL Tracker
Many of you helped diagnose the issues with our reverse ssl proxy to the ocelot tracker.
We have since debugged this issue and resolved it with the proper reverse proxy settings.
We will continue to use the http tracker by default until further notice.

Site Development:
Week One Dev#1. Two-Factor Authentication
We are working on an optional Two-Factor Authentication process for Gazelle whereby users will be sent a secondary code
to their smartphone app such as google authenticate, authy or freeotp necessary to login to the site.

Week One Dev#2. FLAC Automagic Uploader
In beta testing we have a FLAC uploading tool that runs through your music directory and uploads them to NotWhat.CD through
a command line interface. Currently this tool is linux only while we are working on a Windows version that will be released at the same time.

Week One Dev#3. NotWhat.CD Secure Image Host

Week One Dev#4. NotWhat.CD Android App

At this time I would like to officially announce our staff team.
1. Evilwalks, a well-known tracker celebrity is our first Site Administrator tasked with running the site day in and day out.
2. Shax, a former what.cd Power Torrent Master is our first Forum Administrator tasked with managing our forums and community.
3. MrHudson, a former what.cd Torrent Master who is our first Torrent Administrator tasked with overseeing the release information.
4. Nussknacker, a talented developer and former tracker staff will lead our Community Dev Team undertaking some of our upcoming features.

Participating in any music tracker is a daunting, time-consuming task and I would really like to thank these individuals for stepping up
and taking on the ultimate task of rebuilding what was lost in positions of leadership that require dedication, love and faith in our endeavor

Rules & Trumping:
1. V0 will now trump V2 in most circumstances.
2. Do NOT trump existing FLAC torrents without logs as we are working to add the logs retroactively.

Thank you all again for a wonderful start, through out the next 24 hours we will be issuing freeleech for userpick and staffpicks.
Stay tuned for more information as the day progresses!

~fidelflacstro

Skiz
12-08-2016, 06:14 AM
:eyebrows:

robogo25
12-08-2016, 11:09 AM
https://apollo.rip/index.php

Update 8 49 mins ago Hide
Hi everyone,

Here's a quick update:
We've reached 240,000 torrents, 82,000 perfect FLACs and 1,400,000 peers! That's more than 60,000 torrents and 30,000 perfect FLACs in 2 days. Incredible job everyone! you are continuing to amaze us We will be extending global freeleech and make another community challenge if we reach 100,000 perfect FLAC's by today's deadline (23:59 UTC). In addition, the top perfect FLAC uploaders will receive a special gift

A few more site updates:
Logchecker - You can now upload missing log files for your snatched torrents logchecker.php?action=snatched
View Log - We have added a log viewer, you can now view log and score for torrents with log
Bug fix - Filename limit error has been fixed
Teams recruitment - We have received over 150 applications, thank you, everyone who applied, we will get back to you asap
Donate - You can now donate to Apollo and help us pay the site's bills

Thank you for your efforts and support!

//Apollo Staff

new
Stats

Maximum users: 40,000
Enabled users: 25,681 Details
Users active today: 12,606 (49.09%)
Users active this week: 19,995 (77.86%)
Users active this month: 25,576 (99.59%)
Torrents: 240,241
Releases: 119,189
Artists: 114,296
"Perfect" FLACs: 82,058
Requests: 1,360 (42.28% filled)
Snatches: 1,263,932
Peers: 1,457,963
Seeders: 1,377,393
Leechers: 80,570
Seeder/leecher ratio: 17.09

IdolEyes787
12-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Since this is bt, do all the perfect FLACs spend much of their time looking down at all the FLACs who aren't perfect?

anon
12-08-2016, 09:52 PM
NotWhat.CD: "Over 1,000 users and 5,000 torrents!"

Apollo: "We've reached 240,000 torrents"

TSOL is right, NotWhat may have missed the train. However, they claim to delete IP logs regularly and that's a pretty good thing.

Funkin'
12-10-2016, 01:41 AM
Since this is bt, do all the perfect FLACs spend much of their time looking down at all the FLACs who aren't perfect?
Yes.

Kind of how I look down upon you all.

1000possibleclaws
12-10-2016, 10:00 AM
The elitism and paranoia of PTH reminds me of waffles.fm back in the day, and the openess and more practical and business-like structure of Apollo reflects What.cd much better. Ten years ago I have to admit I fell for the "its harder to get into waffles so it must be better" illusion, and it took me until what.cd pioneered Gazelle for me to understand the differences in their scopes and ambitions.

As for Apollo and PTH; one of these two sites will surely pull ahead of the other, and leave it rival in the dust. Although it's still very early, I think Apollo is well positioned to win this "war", if you may call it that.

Through gossip, I've heard reasons for PTH being closed is so that torrent masters can upload all their FLAC's without what.cd leechers (ie non album rippers) getting the credit. Their management is so retarded if that is actually a reason, and it's almost too ridiculous to believe. As devils advocate, the upside of remaining largely closed is that the upload process will be alot cleaner, and will require less moderation to fix up. However this also creates a huge disparity for all the new users that join a month of so after launch (lets call them 'plebs', or '2nd class members'), when PTH inevitably has to open its doors in order to stay competitive with Apollo. It will require much more effort for these users to get the uploads required to reach higher ranks, which is needed to be get sucked into being a driving force for their community. All the initial members who are already the paranoid screenshot-taking, seedbox using, FLAC ripping nutjobs, who would work to get the ranks regardless, have a huge leg up from all potential future power users. I just don't understand why you would want it to be like this from a management standpoint. It's illogical, the few benefits do not outweigh the damages.

bonetee
12-10-2016, 11:40 AM
whatsup with the ultra elitiscm yo ?

appolo.rip already ftw ....

i was a member of oink ... great site ... then came what and waffles .. i was not a member a both ...usenet for music ftw .. no time to seed bro ... i am drunk ...

good job appolo ftw <3

i am not sure how many torrents in total what.cd had ?

this is a challenging stuff , to overcome what.cd ...

good job appolo.rip

fuck you cops ...

IdolEyes787
12-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Through gossip, .... Coincidentally this is where I and basically everyone who's every been wrong about anything get our news from too. :)

I do think though that by giving freeleech to those that apparently need it the least, they must spend much of their sparetime standing around fellating each other.:)

maximus_lt
12-11-2016, 10:26 AM

On the closing day:
Torrents: 2,675,527
Releases: 1,092,232
Artists: 885,628
"Perfect" FLACs: 892,015

bonetee
12-11-2016, 10:42 AM

On the closing day:
Torrents: 2,675,527
Releases: 1,092,232
Artists: 885,628
"Perfect" FLACs: 892,015

Apollo: "We've reached 240,000 torrents"

Good luck apollo in beating those stats ...

next time leechers , do the maximum damage to the industry :happy:

smcewa11
12-12-2016, 04:15 AM
They said that no tracker would ever beat Oink, they were wrong.

Took What nine months to surpass Oink, took these two under a fortnight to beat Oink...

If one of these trackers emerges as the clear winner then we can expect them to surpass What in under a year. If neither wins then it will be longer, but in this case both of them should still be ahead of What in raw numbers in under two years (assuming their current growth spurt starts to level off).

The content to surpass What is out there and people have it, the problem for these trackers is getting those people to upload it again, getting them to commit to their tracker. Too many people will just not bother uploading 1k+ torrents again as this is not 2007 and What means they have all or most of the older content they need, and thanks to freeleech most people will already have more buffer than they will ever need.

1000possibleclaws
12-12-2016, 05:47 AM
both of them should still be ahead of What in raw numbers in under two years (assuming their current growth spurt starts to level off).

Sure this may be the case, but would the collection be bigger then What.cds projected collection two years forward? Because that is what we should be comparing it to. Tons of music is going to be released in the next two years, and it would find its way onto both the successor, as well as whatcd. I'm not sure it will be bigger in this sense..

rovama
12-12-2016, 08:20 AM
I haven't been here in a long time. Can't believe wcd is gone. It was one of the few trackers I was still using. Besides that I'm still member of a few other sites. I'm not even sure if any of my old friends are arround to ask them for an invite to any of the existing alternatives, like Apollo, pth or whatever there is, sigh :unsure:

maximus_lt
12-12-2016, 11:49 AM
I'm not even sure if any of my old friends are arround to ask them for an invite to any of the existing alternatives, like Apollo, pth or whatever there is, sigh :unsure:
What the user class you were in the wcd ? Invitations are distributed since the Elite.

maximus_lt
12-12-2016, 12:04 PM

I was cautious. Once the trackers began to die one after another, it was a bad bell. It all started with "BCG" then I noticed that the release in uT red and I took measures: all profiles are kept in .mht files ;)

rovama
12-12-2016, 05:31 PM
I'm not even sure if any of my old friends are arround to ask them for an invite to any of the existing alternatives, like Apollo, pth or whatever there is, sigh :unsure:
What the user class you were in the wcd ? Invitations are distributed since the Elite.

I don't think I was Elite class, and it's not like the old times where I could spend a lot of time using trackers. But I would be willing to support by donating to any nice music tracker instead. Because family and job are so freaking demanding nowadays :frusty:

1000possibleclaws
12-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Apollo has just given out unlimited invites to its users for 24 hours. Now is a good chance to pm a friend to get in. It's also freeleech for the next 2-9 days depending on how many milestone goals the community reaches, so it's a good opportunity to use the site as well.

maximus_lt
12-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Apollo has just given out unlimited invites to its users for 24 hours. Now is a good chance to pm a friend to get in. It's also freeleech for the next 2-9 days depending on how many milestone goals the community reaches, so it's a good opportunity to use the site as well.

I confirm. Do not hurry to invite anybody, remember - you are responsible for them.

robogo25
12-13-2016, 01:14 PM
Apollo.rip : https://apollo.rip/

Update 11 16 hours and 1 min ago Hide

It is mind-blowing to see what our passionate community have been able to achieve in such a short time. Congratulations everyone on reaching 130.000 perfect FLAC uploads! You have successfully unlocked two (2) extra days of Global Freeleech!

We want to continue to build on our impressive music library, we have reached over 350.000 torrents, almost 219.000 releases, 149.000 artists and over 131.000 "Perfect" FLACs. It is a long way to What.CDs last milestone of 1.000.000 releases, but we're aiming to be the largest music library in the world and to help us reach that goal we need more friends & allies to help with the hard work of uploading, so please use your invites, we'd also like to thank all members who have been uploading day and night, without you this wouldn't have been possible, thank you. The community applauds you and to make it an even larger global effort we will continue with community challenges.

Challenge #1
Reach 140.000 "Perfect" FLACs - extension of the current FL +1 days.
Reach 150.000 "Perfect" FLACs - extension of the current FL +2 days.
Deadline: 2 days.

Challenge #2
Reach 35.000 users - extension of the current FL +1 days.
Reach 40.000 users - extension of the current FL +2 days.
Deadline: 3 days.

Challenge #3
Reach 450.000 torrents - extension of the current FL +2 days.
Reach 500.000 torrents - extension of the current FL +3 days.
Deadline: 5 days.

All three challenges can be combined and may give up to 7-days of extra Global FL.

To make it a little crazy, we are giving 5 invites to everyone for 24 hours!

Let's get this party started. - Comment here: forums.php?action=viewthread&threadid=2713

Stats

Maximum users: 40,000
Enabled users: 28,657 Details
Users active today: 14,838 (51.78%)
Users active this week: 21,504 (75.04%)
Users active this month: 28,483 (99.39%)
Torrents: 363,747
Releases: 231,098
Artists: 152,136
"Perfect" FLACs: 136,004
Requests: 2,861 (48.30% filled)
Snatches: 2,288,639
Peers: 1,854,181
Seeders: 1,804,491
Leechers: 49,690
Seeder/leecher ratio: 36.31

IdolEyes787
12-13-2016, 07:27 PM
I confirm. Do not hurry to invite anybody, remember - you are responsible for them.

I'm fairly sure that I'm not responsible for what another adult chooses to do.:unsure:

shaina
12-13-2016, 08:09 PM
I'm fairly sure that I'm not responsible for what another adult chooses to do.:unsure:

You would if the adult does "DO DO" in his "DEPENDS" :pinch:

IdolEyes787
12-13-2016, 08:17 PM
I still wouldn't be responsible. I might decide to smother them with a pillow though.

shaina
12-13-2016, 09:13 PM
I still wouldn't be responsible. I might decide to smother them with a pillow though.

:lol:

That may cause him to PEE PEE..

Funkin'
12-18-2016, 07:28 AM
Apollo has just given out unlimited invites to its users for 24 hours.

Done and over with?

I haven't been here in a long time. Can't believe wcd is gone.

You must be kidding right? A music torrent tracker with like a million members, who ANYONE could get into, you really can't believe "it's gone"?

I mean sure it fucking sucks. What was a be of a kind. But a lot of us knew this day would come. I'm honestly surprised it didn't come sooner...

That's why I've always dug the lossless trackers. They're A LOT tougher to become a member, the userbases aren't huge. So I feel the two biggest lossless trackers will outlast any other music tracker. I hope I'm right.

Funkin'
12-18-2016, 07:31 AM

You would if the adult does "DO DO" in his "DEPENDS" :pinch:
I cannot fucking wait until I hit the stage in my life when I get to wear diapers again. Unfortunately I honestly don't think I'll make it another 20 years. I should be passed on to the kingdom in the sky before my sixties. So maybe I should start wearing them now so I get a good years out of this type of enjoyment.

That1Guy
12-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Damn.... I was no where near "active" at what/torrent sites anymore (obviously considering I just realized it's gone), but what was one of the sites I still used every month or two... I also kept my waffles alive for the hell of it, even though I went to what first... And it looks like they are gone too. I got into oik like a month before it got shut down, im sure there has been the same mess of "where do we go now". I'm gonna go ahead and skip the headache this time, mostly because I have no intention of putting in the time to find an invite, or build a buffer to actually use all the new music sites Im sure have popped up. I still have that lossless tracker, for anything else I'll request somewhere or some shit.

holy shit hey funkin 0/

1000possibleclaws
12-20-2016, 06:23 AM
Done and over with?

They decided against it like half an hour after making the announcement. Still, there are some of invites floating around from uploading perfect flacs. PTH has given out invites to PUs as well, I think. I decided to learn how to do a proper video transcode to get into that site through PtP recruitment.

zoeygirly
12-22-2016, 11:07 PM
I was a long time member of What and Waffles and still at "E" --if they want to build out the user base, which they should- they should offer open signups and then weed out the people that are lame.

Just my opinion as an older girl and seen it all before..

1000possibleclaws
12-23-2016, 07:55 AM
I was a long time member of What and Waffles and still at "E" --if they want to build out the user base, which they should- they should offer open signups and then weed out the people that are lame.

Just my opinion as an older girl and seen it all before..

I agree, and apollo did do this at the beginning

maximus_lt
12-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Therefore, we see such a mess in the release: many report, transcoders, releases no seeders, etc.

IdolEyes787
12-23-2016, 01:51 PM
... many report, transcoders, releases no seeders, etc. I know thery're all over the media but I still can't believe that there are enough transgenders on Apollo to make any difference. As for reports, let us be honest and just say rats who have no lives. .

smcewa11
12-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Both pth ans apollo are planning on doing interviews for those who are not on 'high level' aka hard to get into trackers.

1000possibleclaws
12-23-2016, 07:46 PM
Therefore, we see such a mess in the release: many report, transcoders, releases no seeders, etc.

I don't see this as an important issue. It will be cleaned up eagerly by volunteers.

The site surely got tons of dedicated ex-whatcd users that are simply not interested in tv or movie torrenting (ie they can't get in through a BTN or PTP recruitment thread), who don't post on forums (the majority of whatcd users probably do not even know about invite forums), and did not take screenshots to prove they were active whatcd users (the majority did not have screenshots).

maximus_lt
12-24-2016, 02:39 PM
The site surely got tons of dedicated ex-whatcd users that are simply not interested in tv or movie torrenting (ie they can't get in through a BTN or PTP recruitment thread), who don't post on forums (the majority of whatcd users probably do not even know about invite forums), and did not take screenshots to prove they were active whatcd users (the majority did not have screenshots).

If there is no profile of screenshots, you can provide a screenshot of invitations to what.cd and a screenshot of uTorrent with torrent from what.cd Also do not forget about the friends you have known for what.cd - they will help. In general who wants to, he receives an invitation.

1000possibleclaws
12-24-2016, 07:55 PM

If there is no profile of screenshots, you can provide a screenshot of invitations to what.cd and a screenshot of uTorrent with torrent from what.cd Also do not forget about the friends you have known for what.cd - they will help. In general who wants to, he receives an invitation.

Meh, it was not that easy when I went into their irc channel, and noone from here pm'd me with an invite either. I eventually got in the hard way by getting PU on PtP. I think open signups is a better route.

I do prefer the new trumping rules of PTH over Apollo though, that is a step in the right direction in our post-whatcd times.

maximus_lt
12-25-2016, 01:32 PM
The only thing which is difficult to get there, it's P and E. I wanted to get to the E, there was a man on the what.cd that could be invited, but did not have time :)

anon
12-25-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm sure your local dealer has E in stock.

1000possibleclaws
12-25-2016, 08:04 PM
The only thing which is difficult to get there, it's P and E. I wanted to get to the E, there was a man on the what.cd that could be invited, but did not have time :)

There should not be appeal of small userbase trackers such as pedrosBTMusic or exigo. Simply navigating for content on those sites is impractical and more hassle than the alternatives.

maximus_lt
12-27-2016, 02:42 PM
There should not be appeal of small userbase trackers such as P or E. Simply navigating for content on those sites is impractical and more hassle than the alternatives.

Get used to everything :) Do not write the names of these trackers completely, it is forbidden.

IdolEyes787
12-27-2016, 06:15 PM
Which ones? You mean PedrosBTMusic and Exigomusic?

Seriously, don't tell me that I can't do something because that's just going to make me want to do it all the more.

Now I'm off to stick my finger in the first available wall socket.:)

That1Guy
12-27-2016, 07:38 PM
It's a joke to think that any authority that wants to know, doesnt know about those trackers. That being said it doesnt make it any less of a douche move to say their names just to be a douche.

Until the next tracker disappears that I still actually have (one of the 4 now), have fun fst. 0/

IdolEyes787
12-27-2016, 08:15 PM
Good point. So on a douche scale from 1 to 10 where does forbidding someone from just saying your blessed name fall?

1000possibleclaws
12-27-2016, 11:42 PM
I can think of another two jokes o.o

teflon05
12-27-2016, 11:52 PM
Exigo sucks anyway. Surprised it's even still around...

anon
12-28-2016, 05:37 PM
it doesnt make it any less of a douche move to say their names just to be a douche.

x = x

Tokeman
12-29-2016, 05:28 AM
it doesnt make it any less of a douche move to say their names just to be a douche.

x = x

Yes
And no
x is a variable :)

anigav
12-29-2016, 10:07 AM
x = x
I thought x = y

Quarterquack
12-29-2016, 04:00 PM
So like a month later, PTH has the better library but Apollo has the easier ratio system (tons of leechers, request system already regularly has 10GB bounties). Apollo's activity is going to have a great upswing a few years from now. If you're on either site, you should be happy. And the sting from losing What isn't so bad when we now have two fantastic options.

1000possibleclaws
12-29-2016, 09:05 PM
I agree, the sites are moving along great! And I have almost 1tb of buffer on apollo from the freeleech, which I have been spending on requests to get some of the less popular stuff I'm into uploaded faster. I don't really miss what.cd anymore.

It also just so happens that alot of the stuff I'm into is on sale for name your price on bandcamp as well for the holidays, so that might be why it's so easy for me to get the things I want even though both sites have nowhere near the content of what yet.

TankGrrl
01-06-2017, 05:43 AM
:( still sad... no matter what site(s) ends up moving forward

nye
02-18-2017, 08:04 AM
Just checking back in because I hadn't logged into what.cd or waffles.fm for a few months and it looks like they're both permanently shut down now? They were amazing. I had like a 10x+ ratio locked for the rest of my life from freeleech back on my unversity's network :(.

I haven't posted on here in forever, but this prompted me to come back.

I guess the only tracker I have still is Sceneaccess. Any other good ones? Sceneaccess isn't great for apps. I'm going to need something for the newest Turbotax.

Can anyone suggest the best replacement? Sounds like PTH or Apollo? Any invites by chance?

Copperking
02-18-2017, 03:17 PM
They all went to pornbay.

anon
02-20-2017, 04:27 PM
PassTheHeadphones is now redacted.ch.

IdolEyes787
02-20-2017, 05:31 PM
As if they weren't already pretentious ghey enough.

maximus_lt
02-21-2017, 09:20 PM

anon
02-22-2017, 12:40 AM

At least they told us about it and set up a redirect :whistling

maximus_lt
02-23-2017, 02:20 AM

At least they told us about it and set up a redirect :whistling

Starting kindergarten - as Apollo. How do I wait for the return of WCD to all the ridiculous trackers were closed :)

anon
02-24-2017, 01:27 AM
I'm sure you're also waiting for ScT's return.

maximus_lt
02-27-2017, 12:48 AM
I'm sure you're also waiting for ScT's return.

I do not even know what it is.

svirk33
03-16-2017, 11:08 AM
what is ScT?

anon
03-16-2017, 03:57 PM
what is ScT?

"Oh, nothing, sweetheart. It's something that happened a long time ago and it's never, never coming back, so don't you worry."

IdolEyes787
03-16-2017, 05:15 PM
what is ScT?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAMYGzwUTK4

em0
03-19-2017, 04:25 PM
This was a bit of a shocker... Ahh well I guess it was inevitable with its popularity.

anon
03-23-2017, 03:29 AM
Waffles has finally returned after a huge downtime.

We are back!
2017-03-23 03:58:23
It's been 5 long months, but we are back and in better shape than before, we hope. We've decided to bring the site back and fix what may still be broken as it turns up. But here's hoping that there's not much of that. Welcome back, tell your old waffles friends we're back too.

Their current stats. The amounts of seeders and leechers are dangerously low... let's see if they can regain some of their former glory in the near future.

Members: 81,142
Torrents: 70,662/290,773
Seeders: 3,602
Leechers: 37

c.han
03-23-2017, 10:20 PM

Their current stats. The amounts of seeders and leechers are dangerously low... let's see if they can regain some of their former glory in the near future.

Members:81,306
Torrents:88,492 (https://waffles.ch/browse.php?q=has:seeders)/291,354 (https://waffles.ch/browse.php)
Seeders:86,908
Leechers:7,185

anon
03-24-2017, 02:12 AM
Nice, looks like they're having a quick recovery :)

Skiz
03-24-2017, 07:40 AM

Fk yeah. I always preferred What but Waffles will have to do. No complaints here.

Scavenger
03-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Members:81,437
Torrents:96,113/292,083
Seeders:187,040
Leechers:15,626

They're getting back pretty damn fast. Look at those seeders. :w00t:

megabyteme
03-24-2017, 04:50 PM
My old bookmark ends in .fm Is there a newer one? I have not been able to connect...

anon
03-24-2017, 05:36 PM
They changed their domain last year, the new one is waffles.ch.

megabyteme
03-26-2017, 04:32 AM
Thank you, kind sir :))

shivanandan
04-13-2017, 06:30 PM
many good websites gone , not a good time for bittorrent websites

R.I.P what.cd

Chewie
07-13-2017, 10:36 PM
WCD gone?
Jeez, how long have I been away??

I spent about 8 hours on IRC waiting to pass the exams at What only to eventually be disappointed after about a fortnight.
Yeah, there was so much available but seeding back the stuff I liked was nightmarish.
My personal collection contained only half a dozen discs that weren't already upped, which irked me a little as an ex- DJ.

What really pissed me off, though, was the requests... the pretentiousness of the members requesting perfect flac rips of a certain vinyl pressing - high quality heavy grade - with no mention of hardware.
FFS, I mean are you really going to get to 'hear an album as it was intended by the artist' when it was recorded digitally in the first place, and the THD, wow & flutter introduced by that shitty Ion usb deck with a £10 magnetic cart?
Nope. That "warmer sound" you're hearing is the rumble from the cheap-arsed turntable bearing.
And let's not forget that your fucking beats 'phones might cost a few bob but Wharfdales, Missions, even JBLs, they most certainly are not.
You would still get better reproduction taping onto a TDK C90 in a Nakaminchi Dragon off a Pink Triangle.

What.cd? What.point?

psxcite
02-24-2018, 01:56 AM
Does Waffles still give out invites via their irc? Haven't been on in forever, and just now hearing they back up.

Sylar666
03-02-2018, 09:23 PM
Feel sorry for What. Was one of the first people to join.

maximus_lt
03-09-2018, 12:10 AM
Does Waffles still give out invites via their irc? Haven't been on in forever, and just now hearing they back up.

Try it here https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/5hsvqe/wafflesch_update/

booogieboyz
11-25-2018, 04:07 AM

anon
11-25-2018, 11:01 PM
Yeah, PTH is going with the exclusivity angle, recruiting at the traditionally 'hard to get into' trackers. I'm not sure if that's the right strategy. BUT, PTH does already have a request and active collage sections, which I think are vital if we want to rebuild as quickly as possible.

Xanax's advantages are that it has more torrents and more users. And that in general it seems more open to having the same recruitment policies as What.

Likely history will repeat itself and Xanax will win out.

This is exactly what I thought at the time, but as I see it, Redacted ended up "winning" on all regards. The fact Apollo was down more often than it was working didn't help either. Now they're doing a reboot on a different domain with a mid-2017 backup... oh well.

I'm still appreciative of any and all attempts to (re)build sites that enable me to steal music, mind you ;)

StephanieChew
02-07-2019, 07:24 AM
181819 never expected.

OlegL
09-25-2019, 03:41 AM
I am sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, but why did what.cd end up on the radar of the French police in the first place? After oink.cd closed, the people who were about to create the new tracker called what.cd should have told themselves, "Okay, we need to do things differently to prevent our new tracker from meeting the same fate as oink.cd. We need to learn from the past mistakes." What was the Achilles heel of what.cd? Was it the fact that it had more than 100,000 members? Does it mean that if the site had had less members, it would never have been noticed by the French police?

anon
09-26-2019, 03:06 AM
After oink.cd closed, the people who were about to create the new tracker called what.cd should have told themselves, "Okay, we need to do things differently to prevent our new tracker from meeting the same fate as oink.cd. We need to learn from the past mistakes."

And they did. Minor incidents notwithstanding, What.cd staff were very talented at running a tracker securely. Unfortunately, no matter how smart or capable you are, being the biggest music piracy site in the world paints a huge target on your back that both law enforcement and the music industry will want to shoot, and that's fighting a losing battle. It's beyond amazing that they lasted as long as they did and reached so many milestones (Gazelle, Ocelot, and two fucking million torrents).

Also, as I recall, the server that got raided in France was a reverse proxy and held little/no incriminating data, but at that point they decided to pull the plug rather than waiting for the cops to get the right one and going through another OiNK. Unfortunate, but it sounds very much like learning from past mistakes if you ask me.