PDA

View Full Version : I am getting married

stitched
12-01-2016, 06:26 AM
I feel its time to settle down in life, I am getting married in March 2017

About me: Dont have a stable job. irresponsible . little money ( huge education loan), Finished my Graduation. my past has been like i am either an underachiever or overachiever. Started working in a start up for 6 months for little salary. I am Tall, i look young. I am good looking (Atleast above average). All my friends are married.

About the gal: Average looking ,Over weight , short. Has a stable well paid job ,successful , very supportive of me, Intelligent gal , caring . She has a stable past.

I had a lot of tots in my head if i should marry a pretty gal, or settle for an average gal .. I think this is right choice. May be i can do better may be i cant do better.I know we cant get everything in life. We have to compromise on something

I spoke to two people about this
first one said personality is what matters in the long run dont worry too much about looks
second guy said looks are important, That attraction is very important

What do you guys feel about this

Skiz
12-01-2016, 07:21 AM
I feel like you should have made your mind up before you decided to get married.

Caballero
12-01-2016, 07:23 AM
I had a lot of tots in my head if i should marry a pretty gal, or settle for an average gal ..

If you feel that you "settle" then I can guarantee you that it won't last.

Gribley
12-01-2016, 09:49 AM
You also can`t punctuate properly so I am going with under-achiever.

I got hitched to the much better (attractive wise) version and I`ve never really been happy for the last almost 20 years. I would suggest go with one that makes you happy and drop the negative shite. Focus on the right bits... and no not the boobs....

manker
12-01-2016, 12:34 PM

About me: Dont have a stable job. irresponsible . little money ( huge education loan), Finished my Graduation. my past has been like i am either an underachiever or overachiever. Started working in a start up for 6 months for little salary. I am Tall, i look young. I am good looking (Atleast above average). All my friends are married.

About the gal: Average looking ,Over weight , short. Has a stable well paid job ,successful , very supportive of me, Intelligent gal , caring . She has a stable past.

I had a lot of tots in my head if i should marry a pretty gal, or settle for an average gal .. I think this is right choice. May be i can do better may be i cant do better.I know we cant get everything in life. We have to compromise on something

first one said personality is what matters in the long run dont worry too much about looks

Sounds to me like as if you're a bit of a spastic and are marrying this burd so that she can guide you through life and support you financially.
This is an absolutely perfect scenario for a spastic to find him or herself in, as left unattended spastics tend to make a complete mess of their life.

I would think that you're over the moon that she hasn't wised up to the fact that you don't find her attractive and are just out for what you can get.
Congratulations on the impending nuptials, here's hoping that you can continue the deceit for a decent time-span before she realises her horrible mistake.

manker
12-01-2016, 12:43 PM
You also can`t punctuate properly If I was you, fella, I'd learn the difference between an apostrophe and a grave accent before recommencing the punctuation pontificating.

Gribley
12-01-2016, 12:45 PM
I would think that you're over the moon that she hasn't wised up to the fact that you don't find her attractive and are just out for what you can get
There is a very valid point to consider

IdolEyes787
12-01-2016, 02:44 PM
About me: ... irresponsible . I already got that much seeing as where you are searching for advice that will shape much of your future.

I had a lot of tots in my head ....

Mary? :unsure:

stitched
12-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Sounds to me like as if you're a bit of a spastic and are marrying this burd so that she can guide you through life and support you financially.
This is an absolutely perfect scenario for a spastic to find him or herself in, as left unattended spastics tend to make a complete mess of their life.

I would think that you're over the moon that she hasn't wised up to the fact that you don't find her attractive and are just out for what you can get.
Congratulations on the impending nuptials, here's hoping that you can continue the deceit for a decent time-span before she realises her horrible mistake.

I think it sums my situation. I am not marrying her for money. I think she is stable. I want that stability in my life. I treat her well and take good care of her.I feel she is happy with me

I had a lot of tots in my head if i should marry a pretty gal, or settle for an average gal ..

If you feel that you "settle" then I can guarantee you that it won't last.

We all have to "settle" for better or worse. WHEN to "settle" is the only thing in our control.

You also can`t punctuate properly so I am going with under-achiever.

I got hitched to the much better (attractive wise) version and I`ve never really been happy for the last almost 20 years. I would suggest go with one that makes you happy and drop the negative shite. Focus on the right bits... and no not the boobs....

Thanks

I already got that much seeing as where you are searching for advice that will shape much of your future.

I had a lot of tots in my head ....

Mary? :unsure:

Even before we ask someone for their opinion , the decision is already made in our head. I just want that validation that its the right decision.

I have posted in this forum for a very long time.its like a journal, I want look back at these posts once i grow old to remember what all thoughts i had

megabyteme
12-01-2016, 07:17 PM

You have identified what she gives you, but you have not identified what you bring to the table. That should be your first step- until you have something to offer, you are doomed for failure. You have ot *want* to bring something to the table.

Stability is good. I needed that myself. If you can't give her something of lasting value, she will eventually wise up. Work on yourself, then see what you really want.

OlegL
12-03-2016, 04:30 AM
If you found true love, I am happy for you. Marry your one true love!

mjmacky
12-05-2016, 03:53 AM
It means I don't get to have a big hairy guy plow my butt anymore .

Idol?

manker
12-05-2016, 02:28 PM
It means I don't get to have a big hairy guy plow my butt anymore .

Idol?Judging by the smoothly shaven legs, arms and perfectly smooth and spherical toes Idol's shown us previously, I'd say he's not the bear type and, therefore, would prefer to get plowed by an equally plucked individual. I've encountered the type before, epilation is a huge turn on for them.

IdolEyes787
12-05-2016, 06:28 PM
The suggestion that I am a homosexual doesn't offend me anywhere near as the fact that someone believed that there existed the possiblity I'd ever have sex with any one of you.

IdolEyes787
12-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Mary is techincally a person, right? I mean even though I personally have never considered him to be one.

Btw I deadly serious about all this so I think it must be sub-forum appropriate.

shaina
12-05-2016, 10:53 PM
The suggestion that I am a homosexual doesn't offend me anywhere near as the fact that someone believed that there existed the possiblity I'd ever have sex with any one of you.

:unsure: :lol: :unsure:

manker
12-06-2016, 09:58 AM
Mary is techincally a person, right? I mean even though I personally have never considered him to be one.

Btw I deadly serious about all this so I think it must be sub-forum appropriate.I thought we'd decided that mary was one of Darth Rings' more socially adjusted sock puppets.

mjmacky
12-06-2016, 07:59 PM
I thought I was offending the OP rather than you.

mjmacky
12-06-2016, 08:01 PM

Btw I deadly serious about all this so I think it must be sub-forum appropriate.I thought we'd decided that mary was one of Darth Rings' more socially adjusted sock puppets.
If we could use less offensive language and call me socially capable, that'd be swell.

IdolEyes787
12-06-2016, 08:11 PM

I was referring to your mere presence.:wave:

mjmacky
12-07-2016, 02:20 AM

I was referring to your mere presence.:wave:
You've yet to experience that luxury.

Broadscope
12-07-2016, 06:42 AM

Given the details of this relationship, I'm so curious what this lucky bride-to-be actually thinks of him.

Barbarossa
12-07-2016, 09:37 AM

I don't really care, but honestly, it sounds like she could do better, and if that's the case, one day she WILL do better, because that's what they do. :idunno:

Don't sign a pre-nup.

manker
12-07-2016, 09:40 AM
I thought we'd decided that mary was one of Darth Rings' more socially adjusted sock puppets.
If we could use less offensive language and call me socially capable, that'd be swell.:glag: :glag: :glag:

===

On a more serious note, has anyone ever done that. Even family or people who might gain something out of lying to you.

mjmacky
12-07-2016, 11:59 AM
If we could use less offensive language and call me socially capable, that'd be swell.:glag: :glag: :glag:

===

On a more serious note, has anyone ever done that. Even family or people who might gain something out of lying to you.

My social behavior is never a topic. Actually, I'd have to say almost never because I can think of one case where a girl called me autistic. However, I don't think she knew what that meant. The vibe I had been giving her was that I really didn't enjoy her company, and she wasn't aware that I was forcing myself to date. She said she was 28, but acted like an irresponsible sub 20. That ordeal lasted about a month and I swore off dating until I met my last girlfriend a few months later.

All my other experiences meeting new people are quite the opposite. I seem to charm the pants off everyone and I don't quite understand it. I often feel like walking exception. It'd be great if I could concisely explain, but there's no categorical way to describe it; instead, there's a thousand viewpoints/quirks/traits I embody that should put them off, but I'm somehow small enough to permeate all membranes. Even when I do genuinely fuck up (whether personal or professional), I'm never punished. I dive to my knees, half naked, offering a leather strap as I kowtow, but no one ever consents to the lashing. The nonsense of it all has bugged me enough to come up with dozens of theories, but I've already resigned to it being a permanent mystery because it's not actually that important. I'm starting to get off point.

I make really close and candid connections for my actual friendships. Accusations of my shortcomings have never been restrained: aloof, annoying, arduous, arrogant, and we should stop while we're in the a's. I usually receive them as part of downplayed compliments. To reiterate though, I've never actually been called anything ranging from antisocial to very social by anyone minus the one example with which I led. Sometimes I have to be tracked down and begged; sometimes I take commanding lead. Articulating it now, I'm probably too inconsistent for it to be the subject of consensus.

Everose
05-27-2017, 07:47 AM
Feelings are hard. Good you are 'thinking' about this. :whistling

awholenumber
05-31-2017, 01:40 PM
If you have the money , life is all good .You can choose whatever you want :oops::hypocrite:book:

Smiek
09-26-2019, 12:10 PM
The way you spoke about your gal seems to me like you dont really like them, maybe I would consider to wait with marriage, but since this post is almost 12years old, I would love to hear your update

Theheavenbeau
10-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Hello, I am a beauty blogger and I want to simply say that personality is important but along with that your partner support and understanding is very important. So, choose your life partner carefully and leave happily.

j2k4
10-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Hello, I am a beauty blogger and I want to simply say that personality is important but along with that your partner support and understanding is very important. So, choose your life partner carefully and leave happily.

Glad you didn't forget the part about leaving...

IdolEyes787
10-01-2019, 08:31 PM
The way you spoke about your gal seems to me like you dont really like them, maybe I would consider to wait with marriage, but since this post is almost 12years old, I would love to hear your update She ended up cutting his throat with a broken pinot noir glass and he died quite horribly.Sorry you asked now aren't you?

IdolEyes787
10-01-2019, 08:43 PM
Oh they did have one beautiful child though but after the murder she was put in foster care where she ended up eaten by rats. So at least it all ended well for the rats.

j2k4
12-16-2019, 02:07 AM
So, has this clown-car run off the road yet.