PDA

View Full Version : Kodi Stuff

JPaul
12-22-2016, 07:28 PM
Install Sportie add-on or do something else.

Looks brill for UK stuffs, possibly others.

http://bestforkodi.com/guide-install-sportie-iptv-kodi-addon-repo-living-the-stream/

Something Else
12-22-2016, 11:54 PM
It's working brilliantly. Thank you.

manker
12-23-2016, 02:59 PM
Cheers, dewd. Works fantastically.
I've recently put Kodi on my phone and mirroring that on the big telly seems to work much better than the dedicated box I bought for Kodi to live in previously.

The only downside to this is that I'm forced to watch the game/show in its entirety, rather than dick about on my phone at the same time.

Gribley
12-23-2016, 03:32 PM
I hate sports of all (well most) kinds but yep does appear to work, I`ve had 4 attempts at random SlySports channels and all are giving me adverts.... such is the joy of UK TV.

JPaul
12-23-2016, 06:32 PM
Cheers, dewd. Works fantastically.
I've recently put Kodi on my phone and mirroring that on the big telly seems to work much better than the dedicated box I bought for Kodi to live in previously.

The only downside to this is that I'm forced to watch the game/show in its entirety, rather than dick about on my phone at the same time.

FFS that's a simple one, get another fone.

manker
12-24-2016, 01:10 PM
Hoi, some of us work for a living and appreciate the value of a pound note.
I've got a decent windaes phone with a superfast processor, but that's out as I'm fairly sure Kodi won't like to live inside there, plus that phone won't talk to my android telly. The other alternative is a Galaxy Note 3, but I think that might be too slow for Kodi.

Have you heard of people installing Kodi on their telly? I've researched it on Google but it seems hard and I've given up reading several guides already.
Woe is indeed me with these crippling problems.

manker
12-24-2016, 01:13 PM
My other option is to put Kodi on a laptop. That works great but I've got to get up and turn the laptop on each time I want to use it. Sometime I even have to swap the hdmi cables around if someone has been plugging different stuff in. I gave up on it ages ago.

JPaul
12-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Kodi on a firestick, just plug it into an HDMI slot.

Is that the kind of thing you are thinking about.

A Luddite of my acquaintance did it recently and he said it really was straightforward, just followed instructions he found online.

manker
12-27-2016, 04:08 PM
No, I mean onto the telly os itself as an app. Cut out the need for a peripheral altogether.
Putting it onto a firestick sounds ideal, however, since I've got one somewhere.

JPaul
12-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Their are instructions hear if ewe decide to go that weigh.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/

Other methods of doing it may be available.

Like I said I haven't tried it but a lad I know has and said it was very straight forward.

teflon05
12-27-2016, 10:54 PM
I'm running it on a Fire TV and it works fine. Should be good on a stick also.

JPaul
12-28-2016, 08:20 PM
I am currently watching two games of football and live darts, whilst drinking cider and talking pish on the internet.

Living the dream.

True Story.

JPaul
12-28-2016, 08:41 PM
Half time update

Celtic 2-0

Huns 1-1

Wright won 4-0

Anderson 2-0 up.

76 cans of Strongbow and 24 bottles of Budweiser in stock.

Remind me to stock up for the new year.

JPaul
12-28-2016, 09:19 PM
I think I might have been in the wrong thread here D'OH

JPaul
12-28-2016, 09:45 PM
Fuck it I'm as well finishing here now.

Celtic 2-0

Huns 1-1

Wright 4-0

Anderson 4-2

Not a bad wee knight.

Something Else
12-28-2016, 10:17 PM
What was the left-over bottle count.

Something Else
12-28-2016, 10:23 PM
Final score feels incomplete without it.

JPaul
12-29-2016, 12:52 PM
66 cans of Strongbow and 24 bottles of Budweiser in stock.

I got peckish, had a couple of sausage sandwiches.

Lorne sausage like, just made to fit on proper man's bread.

Not cut into triangles or anything, that's for bean counters and gaylords.

JPaul
12-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Giving you

Something Else
12-29-2016, 07:22 PM
That's obviously cured-spam. Delicious.

JPaul
12-29-2016, 08:53 PM
Hippie

Biggles
01-01-2017, 12:26 AM
Was watching the match this afternoon at a friend's house and encountered this Kodi of which you speak. We were supposed to be watching it on Sky but his dish got buggered by storm Conor so he did some witchcraft with Kodi and we watching the Merkin broadcast, which was fine although the constant reference to soccer was a bit odd.

Thought the Hoops a tad profligate with the chances but not a bad match.

Caballero
01-05-2017, 10:43 PM
FYI and FWFW.

https://torrentfreak.com/unlikely-pirate-kodi-users-will-get-in-trouble-experts-suggest-170105/

Skiz
01-06-2017, 06:16 PM
“Where they are directing their attention is on the people who sell these boxes loaded with software that lets you get around paying a subscription....That’s been the focus of the strategy and it’s a big, big, big issue.”

How could anyone possibly think that would "solve" the piracy issue? :blink:

wintressdude
01-14-2017, 01:56 PM
What do the guys who host the Kodi streams from all these add-ons get out of it? Also, what kind of security (if any) does Kodi offer for people accessing these streams?

Certainly I would not be using my browser to go directly to any of these URLs directly (if apart from a generic streaming service name, I knew where they were actually going), yet people have no problem doing it through Kodi on Android, or even Windows.

Trying to understand more the inner-workings of how this file streaming alternative works and what hosters stand to gain.

Anyone really know?

JPaul
01-14-2017, 07:47 PM
I think it is essentially the ultimate in altruism.

People write the add-ons because they feel like it, then make them available to other people just for the craic.

It's like old school internetting.

Stehle
01-24-2017, 06:27 PM
...People write the add-ons because they feel like it... It's like old school internetting.

Changed my life. :alien:

Caballero
02-03-2017, 07:44 PM
"Exodus is one of the most-used Kodi addons out there, allowing users to obtain easy access to pirated movies and TV-shows. However, over the past week the same users were unwittingly part of a DDoS attack."

https://torrentfreak.com/popular-kodi-addon-exodus-turned-users-into-a-ddos-botnet-170203/

DaDon
02-04-2017, 11:48 PM
Kodi is a fine addition to anyones media setup. After initial setup and periodic maintenance it runs itself and it is fairly stable.
Combine it with Plex or JRiver as a server and it becomes your main media provider.

Nice

Something Else
02-05-2017, 12:14 AM
Cawk.

Barbarossa
02-06-2017, 09:17 AM
I can't work out how to use it. I'm clearly an imbecile of the highest order.

Stehle
02-06-2017, 03:50 PM
I can't work out how to use it. I'm clearly an imbecile of the highest order.

No, not at all! I ran into a few issues myself at first that were courteously sorted by a... friend of a friend of a friend (...so on and so forth). Do some research and perhaps choose a forum with the specialty's you seek.

Recommendations: Perhaps a VPN and at least a 100mbs internet connection. (Those 1080p or 4K streams may warrant it someday.)

thefireman
11-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Recommendations: Perhaps a VPN and at least a 100mbs internet connection. (Those 1080p or 4K streams may warrant it someday.)

100mbps is a bit too much at present. Even a adsl connection is more than enough these days. Maybe in the future one may need more, but not right now...

anon
11-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Even a adsl connection is more than enough these days.

Depends on which ADSL connection it is.

I'm 'kay with 10 Mbps, though :turned:

hvitrev
12-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Been using Kodi on a FireStick for a while now, very nice to access media files.. wasn't aware of addons for it though - thanks for pointing that out, will have to look into those.

LTrain
12-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Thank you!

Barbarossa
01-15-2018, 11:31 AM
This forum should introduce a kodi section. *sniffs*

Skiz
01-15-2018, 06:04 PM
This forum should introduce a kodi section. *sniffs*

Not a bad idea really. Might even attract a new user or two.

megabyteme
01-15-2018, 07:12 PM
I have fallen considerably behind with kodi. When Genesis died, I kinda drifted away from it. What are the cool kids using with it now?

Skiz
01-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Exodus.

Gribley
01-17-2018, 09:53 AM
I have fallen considerably behind with kodi. When Genesis died, I kinda drifted away from it. What are the cool kids using with it now?

Covenant: Just another fork of the same old streaming source.

'UK Turk' offers an interesting alternative but no search just what is listed, but doesn`t seem to work with KODI Leia :(

Skiz
06-28-2018, 11:45 PM
Figured I'd come post some updates to some of the changes in the world of Kodi streaming.

As some of you have surely noticed, Primewire and Exodus are either dead or, for users who are trying to keep up, requiring you to chase down the latest Primewire web addresses to manually edit and still get very shitty results.

Enter, Gaia and Real-Debrid.

While it takes a few more minutes to setup it is definitely worth it. I initially had some difficulties and was getting nothing but error messages anytime I attempted to stream a movie, but once I got everything sorted out it quickly became my full time replacement for Movies (and TV). I could watch whatever in 720p and it was pretty decent. Then last week I stumbled upon Real-Debrid, and oh boy am I glad I did. If all you care about is obtaining stuffs for free then read no further. Use Gaia and enjoy they max 720p you're going to fetch. But if you don't mind spending $5 or so, do yourself a favor and get a Real-Debrid account and add it to your Gaia add-on. I've seen it referred to as an unrestricted downloader and also a pre-cached downloader. I'm not sure either of those make much sense to be honest but what it does is give you the absolute top quality on everything you watch. Want to stream that new ______ film in BluRay quality? Done. Everything you watch is in the best available quality, all the time, with no buffering. There are a ton of YouTube videos on it to learn from as well. Check it out. :smilie4:

megabyteme
06-29-2018, 04:49 AM
Thank you for the update on this, skiz! I have fallen out of kodi, but it could be a wonderful resource as I can't always find something of interest on netflix, or didn't have time to grab entertainment before work (going back on July 1st :) ).

Kodi kinda reminds me of the days of descrambling Dish channels-- it takes some maintenance, but is great once fully up-to-date.

Skiz
06-29-2018, 07:01 AM
Thank you for the update on this, skiz! I have fallen out of kodi, but it could be a wonderful resource as I can't always find something of interest on netflix, or didn't have time to grab entertainment before work (going back on July 1st :) ).

Kodi kinda reminds me of the days of descrambling Dish channels-- it takes some maintenance, but is great once fully up-to-date.

Not a prob! The redundant shit on Netflix is what made me go back to Kodi and do some updates.

Hows the back now vs pre surgery?

Gribley
06-29-2018, 09:53 AM

I do hear that a C section can knock you back ;) - keep on smoking that pipe you claim not to be aware of or own.

megabyteme
06-29-2018, 11:57 AM

One bonus of the procedure (which was done in my neck) is that the pressure on my lower back was relieved and I no longer have my long-existing issue with back pain. Strangely, I seldom felt any issues in that area of my neck, although I had multiple issues there including a spinal cord injury.

Still regaining my strength, balance, and energy-- but have full function and am doing well. Feeling very fortunate! :)

Gribley
06-29-2018, 02:03 PM

One bonus of the procedure (which was done in my neck) is that the pressure on my lower back was relieved and I no longer have my long-existing issue with back pain. Strangely, I seldom felt any issues in that area of my neck, although I had multiple issues there including a spinal cord injury.

Still regaining my strength, balance, and energy-- but have full function and am doing well. Feeling very fortunate! :)

Glad to hear you still getting better (really and without the usual sub-text). But given the thread title is you Kodi back on its' feet too? I find a reboot and or re-flash works wonders IRL and virtual ;)

Gribley
06-29-2018, 02:09 PM
Gaia and Real-Debrid.

Thanks I`ll try `em out. Gave up on streaming from remote sources long ago, with VPN and setting up a trakt account (and editting of said boxes) it was all so much more effort than just hosting locally.... it used to work well (about 2 years ago) but as you said all the usual easy options went away and I couldn`t be doing with setting up 5 boxes each time. Still I`ll definitely try this on one and see how it goes :)

megabyteme
06-29-2018, 05:51 PM
Glad to hear you still getting better (really and without the usual sub-text). But given the thread title is you Kodi back on its' feet too? I find a reboot and or re-flash works wonders IRL and virtual ;)

Meg's kodi needs new legs, as well... :P

Thank you, my nemesis friend :)