PDA

View Full Version : Six

Stehle
01-21-2017, 06:50 PM
Just watched the first episode of: "SIX"

Pros & Cons?

@Meg & Idol: Been watching Walton Goggins (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walton_Goggins) for years... television, movies and as I said one decent actor. Told you the boy would do good! ;)

(Still waiting for the next Timothy Olyphant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Olyphant) vehicle though.) ;) :alien:

IdolEyes787
01-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Pros - Does a good job of conveying how soulless SEALS actually are.

Cons- Does a good job of conveying how soulless SEALS actually are.

As for Olyphant, he should fire his agent as a good rule of thumb is to never co-star in anything with Drew Barrymore.

shaina
01-21-2017, 11:16 PM
As for Olyphant, he should fire his agent as a good rule of thumb is to never co-star in anything with Drew Barrymore.

It is a good thing the elite seal team are soulless:)

Watched the first episode (thought it was really good), i am going to wait now to watch more than one at a time, especially if all the episodes end like that

shaina
01-21-2017, 11:32 PM
Just watched the first episode of: "SIX"Pros & Cons?
@Meg & Idol: Been watching Walton Goggins (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walton_Goggins) for years... television, movies and as I said one decent actor. Told you the boy would do good! ;)
(Still waiting for the next Timothy Olyphant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Olyphant) vehicle though.) ;) :alien:

Having both of them together in Justified really worked great:D
I think Walton Goggins is an amazing diversified actor, his part in Sons of Anarchy really proved that...

Stehle
01-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Pros - Does a good job of conveying how soulless SEALS actually are.

Cons- Does a good job of conveying how soulless SEALS actually are.

Again Agreed! ;)

(I read / listen to books perhaps way too much. 12 in 20 describe SEALS in the same way.) :(

(...unless their destroying Zombies... which in my opinion is quite the benefit!) ;) :alien:

@Meg: Is it safe?

IdolEyes787
01-22-2017, 09:34 PM
Again Agreed! ;)

I tend to make a lot of sense if you never bother to examine what I say too closely.

shaina
01-22-2017, 10:05 PM
I tend to make a lot of sense if you never bother to examine what I say too closely.

:lol:

Stehle
01-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Is the Walton Goggins character "RIP" ever to be rescued from Nigeria?

(...or is that the 1st seasons entire plot?) :alien:

IdolEyes787
01-30-2017, 08:52 PM
If you're asking me to predict the future, well I thought Hillary was going to win the election and cellphones were a passing fad.
Now that you mention it though, the conspiracist in me is starting to think giving him the name "Rip" wasn't just a coincidence. I don't see any way for them to integrate him back into the main group.

shaina
01-30-2017, 11:44 PM
If you're asking me to predict the future, well I thought Hillary was going to win the election and cellphones were a passing fad.
Now that you mention it though, the conspiracist in me is starting to think giving him the name "Rip" wasn't just a coincidence. I don't see any way for them to integrate him back into the main group.

I think it would be strange to kill off a main character, so fast?? Most of the publicity and commercials use Goggins, but they advertise it as a mini series (8eps), so i guess you never know??

Edit: If you check IMDB Goggins is in all the episodes, but dead or alive it doesn't say??

IdolEyes787
01-31-2017, 12:47 AM
I didn't say immediately but I sort of assume that if something like this is picked up for a second season then Goggins isn't going to be in it.

Anyway I was more or less just doing my best Mel Gibson Conspiracy Theory over the character's name being Rip as in R.I.P. :idunno:

shaina
01-31-2017, 01:50 AM
I didn't say immediately but I sort of assume that if something like this is picked up for a second season then Goggins isn't going to be in it.
Anyway I was more or less just doing my best Mel Gibson Conspiracy Theory over the character's name being Rip as in R.I.P. :idunno:

He was the best example you had LOL!!!
Oh wait Idol!! I may have interpreted your post wrong.
My apologizes:lol:

PS. Not sure if the second season thing is really going to happen?? When you see "Mini Series" i would assume it will have a finally ending (just my opinion)
As for your predictions on Clinton and cellphones being wrong, that is not good for your reputation:lol:

Your Heb pal LOL!!!

Caballero
01-31-2017, 03:33 AM
I think it would be strange to kill off a main character, so fast??

<cough> Game of Thrones <cough>

shaina
01-31-2017, 04:34 AM
I think it would be strange to kill off a main character, so fast??
<cough> Game of Thrones <cough>

Good point, and yes you are right:)

Funny tho that was never considered a "Mini Series" and with the advertisement of GOT,all of the actors/characters were left out of the intro/start. Plus you could say that with Walking Dead as well, but again that is a running multiple season series show not a 8 ep series, and i would say they are going to have a series ending show on the 8th ep, and not left as a cliffhanger for a new season..

PS. Plus i cheated and went on IMDB and saw Goggin is in all 8ep, but i don't know if he will be dead or alive character :idunno:

That kind of counts on not killing off the character right??:whistling
Strange tho.... If a character has a cameo on many new episodes after his head was cut off, does that mean he was killed off the show?
Maybe that should be posted in the word section under Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer LOL!!!

Stehle
01-31-2017, 03:07 PM
Idol, shaina, Caballero... all good points! :) It just seems not only in "Rip"'s demeanor*, but that of his team. (Knocking back beers, while he is being knocked around by warlords, celebrating stateside, etc. while he watches hands hacked off.)

*I think he knows how it ends for him perhaps the hero... but very poorly. :(

WAIT!: What about the brother (terrorist) who's brother he killed in Afghanistan and is out for payback?

Stehle
02-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Okay, it seems he has a soul... or a death wish. :unsure:

IdolEyes787
02-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Way too contrived. He had an assault rifle. Wouldn't the logical thing to do would to set up an ambush?

There were only like eight terrorists. He could have killed at least half of them including the leader before they even realized what was happening. Then it's a four disorganized paramilitary vs one highly trained Navy SEAL firing from cover.Kill another one and the rest are likely just going to run. They were already afraid of him to begin with.

Worst case he delays them long enough for the girls to make it to safely and then he only has to worry about looking after himself so again his odds increase.

Stehle
02-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Yeah, very true.

Then gives one AK-47 to the wimp that throws it away and dies anyhow. :blink:

Of course the warlord had a gun pointed at the head of "Esther". :(

Also, I don't think chain link fence has any bullet proof properties. :noes:

(Keep in mind folks... "Under The Dome" was touted as a "mini-series", Lasted longer, Had nothing to do with the book except the dome premise and a few character names or basically the demise of a decent book.) :pinch:

EDIT: Perhaps he was just out of bullets. :unsure: