PDA

View Full Version : What is nzb

sabashahid
04-18-2017, 07:15 AM
So guys what is this nzb that everyone is talking about? I am new in here and dont know much. So it would be great too make new friends and share things :)

Gribley
04-19-2017, 07:39 AM
With the right client (I am a newsbin fan) it will load the index file (aka NZB) which contains all the articles that make up a particular download. It is just a header file for the many bits that make up a post.

If you understand how newsgroups work you`ll know that a single file (say a video of cats) is made up of many many separate posts(articles) that need to be re-assembled on the client end.... it used to be a pain in the arse but now it as as easy as torrents but a lot faster and you don`t have to seed anything.

Download newsbin (I think the free license thing still works if you find the thread) or whatever client you like and try a download using free-usenet (it will be a bit slow on the free version) and you`ll at least get the idea if you want to go that route.

anon
04-20-2017, 03:12 AM

Might help.

usersname
04-20-2017, 11:52 AM
It would of been quicker to Google it - rather than expect other people to give you an explanation

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+nzb

emehrkay
05-27-2017, 06:36 PM
That was a good explanation because my first question was about the auto vs user indexed nzbs. I assume that the files with weird names, but resolve to something that is a show or movie or something are user indexed

doejohnblowjoe
11-13-2017, 03:12 AM
Not an easy thing to explain. Especially everything needed to get it working correctly and all the frequent changes and indexers going down lately :(