PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Gforce 2

cooky
02-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Recently I tried to get my tv out working to watch my downloaded films on the TV initially I had a black and white picture but could not get colour. I tried changing the settings on my graphics card to get colour but done something I should'nt of done. Screen went black with cursor in corner but could not do anything. Pressed reset once nothing happened pressed again to reboot computer. Display settings are wrong now and when I try to get into 'display' the black screen comes back. I have tried removing my driver and reinstalling but this does not solve anything. How do I reset without going into 'Display'.

Can anyone help out there I am running on Windows 98SE.

Cheers Cooky

Unafraid Cheese
02-11-2003, 11:50 PM
I`m no expert but try uninstalling and re-installing if that dont work look for driver up dates on a web site.

tip serch for the name on the box and any possible web sites may be found from there find the modle and look to see if there are any up date drivers you could use.

Good luck

Unaraid Cheese :ph34r:

cooky
02-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Tried unistalling and reinstalling still have same problems.
Contacted Nvidia via email but they havent got a clue.

DARKSHADOW
02-14-2003, 01:27 PM
u my have changed the video tv-output video signal or format if its set wrong with the tv u will lose the colour to black and white

but u need to get in to display to set it

so try uninstalling your driver +all traces of it temp,reg,folders etc

then reinstall driver good luck!!

scruge
02-15-2003, 11:17 PM
what is it a geforce2mx400? I've had same problem in the past. I sent back to factory. They replace with new. No problems since. It was the composit video out chip that went out. Seems they had a bad batch.

MERLIN
02-16-2003, 12:50 AM
I`VE GOT A GEFORCE SOMETHINGOROTHER AND MY TV OUT MYSTERIOSLY DISAPEERED DON`T KNOW WHY PROBABABLY DRIVERS BUT CAN NEVER SEEM TO FIND THE RIGHT ONES FOR IT! VERY ANNOYING! sorry for the caps just reaised can`t be arsed to retype. anyway when it did work the tv out wasnt really worth watching, best off burning on to cd and watching on a normal dvd player.......... :ph34r:

cooky
02-16-2003, 12:53 AM
Thanks for your help downloaded different driver and solved problem.
But still have no colour on tv just black and white.

Cheers Cooky

Have colour now everything o.k.