PDA

View Full Version : Best torrent site?

alastairbrian
07-06-2017, 08:05 AM
In past, i kept using extratorrent.cc but now that site is down? Anyone please share the best torrent searching website.

IrockedURdaddy
08-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Google is the greatest torrent search engine to date.
No need to join private trackers and be bombarded with donation begging peasants....
win/win

Trythepie
08-09-2017, 06:14 AM
So how do you use google for that?

yevgeny
08-09-2017, 08:25 AM
just append filetype:torrent to a keyword. hth

eugchen
11-03-2017, 06:57 AM
piratebay

L3tti
11-06-2017, 07:01 PM
if you're not into private tracker, maybe you should try public ones.
thepiratebay.org, 1337x.to and rarbg.to are not that bad, imo.

Edit: Another reference torrentfreak-top-10-most-popular-torrent-sites-of-2017 (https://torrentfreak.com/top-10-most-popular-torrent-sites-of-2017-170107/)

Stabber
11-06-2017, 08:17 PM
There is demonoid. I think its open sign ups. Best one is iptorrent though

filip3ff
01-13-2018, 02:54 AM
YTS ag, maybe

turin
01-15-2018, 07:57 PM
iptorrent has huge contents

ebrahim189
01-31-2018, 05:46 AM
thanks have also been looking for torrent sites

richasis
02-19-2018, 05:28 AM
There is demonoid. I think its open sign ups. Best one is iptorrent though

Yeah, I just re-upped via donation after having let my account lapse (and it was only two-or-so years)...Go figure! :D

technicalfloor
02-21-2018, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the info!

Stabber
02-22-2018, 01:46 PM
Skittles for me

Ahmed047
02-22-2018, 03:46 PM
Skittles for me
l wish if this is true !

IdolEyes787
02-22-2018, 06:16 PM
It's true, it's just nowadays Skittles is called HDBits/PTP/RED. Same Nazi attitude, different moniker is all.

What can I say? I prefer the IPT owner's lust for money over some other torrent sites operators lust for power.:smilie4:

Gremlin
02-22-2018, 10:21 PM
Been with IPT since the early 2000s and still loving it. Wouldn't mind tryin out the more elite hard to obtain trackers though :) I hear ptp is the holy grail of torrent resources but impossible to obtain.

Ahmed047
02-23-2018, 01:18 PM
Been with IPT since the early 2000s and still loving it. Wouldn't mind tryin out the more elite hard to obtain trackers though :) I hear ptp is the holy grail of torrent resources but impossible to obtain.
l remember when ptp was named scenemovies and getting in was easy, it is currently considered to be the largest specialized movies tracker, similar to the late what.cd in music. But content is every where. Personally I Think that zamunda movies catalogue is nice one.

anon
02-23-2018, 06:57 PM
It's true, it's just nowadays Skittles is called HDBits/PTP/RED. Same Nazi attitude, different moniker is all.

I don't mind, as long as they've gotten rid of that gray text over rainbow barf stylesheet :P

ryansege
03-21-2018, 12:30 PM
1337x is a good one, lime torrents & pirate pay are my go to for all my torrents

deepchristiyen
03-29-2018, 05:29 PM
Demonoid
TL
Libgen

dbully3
04-04-2018, 07:58 AM
Piratebay
Rarbg
Rutracker

Intr4ns1t
04-05-2018, 03:22 PM
all of them

IdolEyes787
04-05-2018, 04:43 PM
That's commie talk.

megabyteme
04-06-2018, 10:22 AM
all of them

You have to choose-- how are we supposed to know what is highest level if you don't choose. I think you know and just aren't saying...

ShinShin
04-06-2018, 05:22 PM
That's commie talk.

The movement has been experiencing something of a revival in recent times in the West, albeit now of the café variety...

Of course, it helps that governments are in some respects less authoritarian, no more McCarthyism, and so on.

Intr4ns1t
04-10-2018, 06:40 PM
all of them

You have to choose-- how are we supposed to know what is highest level if you don't choose. I think you know and just aren't saying...

I am so far out of the loop I couldn't tell you what's the sooper sekretest, bestest ever, top site for all things l33t :(

austingaberial11
12-28-2018, 11:00 AM
Best torrent sites are piratebay.org,1337x.org,rarbg,extratorrent.cc,kickasstorrents,

laro_ye
12-29-2018, 01:35 PM
ptm ;)

Intr4ns1t
12-30-2018, 03:13 PM
I've decided that mvgroup is the :king:

anon
12-30-2018, 10:10 PM
TTC, of course :yup:

Raghava_K
01-08-2019, 12:08 PM
I think Movierullz.

Technomine
05-27-2019, 09:59 AM
you can try 1337x. its best after all sites got down.

DeborahChism
11-08-2019, 07:20 AM
Have any good torrent site suggestion for movie download? As specially for hollywood?

Enlightened
11-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Have any good torrent site suggestion for movie download? As specially for hollywood?

Aren't most movies in Torrent sites are from U.S. ? :unsure: ...you should have plenty of choices from Public tracker [ get a VPN] to Private Trackers.

richasis
12-10-2019, 11:20 AM
<deleted>.

anon
12-11-2019, 12:54 AM
ScT and CosaNostra.

[/thread]

turin
12-20-2019, 05:41 PM
ScT and CosaNostra.

[/thread]

and SCC !

anon
12-22-2019, 12:21 PM
and SCC !

Bleh, SCC is a less elite copy of ScT and the pretimes and packs aren't as good. But you can get What.cd and Waffles invites on their forums :turned:

ncfbraiders
01-18-2020, 03:21 AM
Pirate for sure

IndexRated
01-18-2020, 05:36 PM
I hit up 1337x quite a lot more now days than I ever use to before.

african
01-19-2020, 03:35 PM
Torrents changes monthly and some sites goes down - you need to find a reliable site. demonoid is gone now was one of the good ones.

anon
01-21-2020, 01:42 AM
demonoid is gone now was one of the good ones.

They're back on a .is domain and some former staff are involved, but the old database was lost and they're currently a shadow of what they used to be. Zamunda is a good alternative.

xdaehak
02-11-2020, 03:31 AM
I mostly use pirate and kickass, but i'll try some of the suggested from here thanks

omshivam
02-28-2020, 07:04 AM
In the past, I used to download from torrentz. But now that it is no more there, I am using limetorrents or piratebay proxies.

anon
02-29-2020, 12:06 AM
Torrentz has an unofficial successor available at https://torrentz2.eu/.

grablect1
03-01-2020, 03:19 AM
oo, thanks for the link

dickpeters
03-02-2020, 01:00 AM
Torrentz has an unofficial successor available at https://torrentz2.eu/.

This link isn't working for me atm, maybe it is just down?

anon
03-03-2020, 12:03 PM
I get a "checking your browser" message from Cloudflare on every page load, but otherwise it works for me.

richasis
03-06-2020, 01:23 PM
There are no more decent trackers out there, anymore...everyone's a leech (even the "seeders" who game any bonus-point system).

wahkim
06-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Pirate Bay. I think it is the best torrent site.

anon
06-12-2020, 07:55 PM
Pirate Bay. I think it is the best torrent site.

Their recent recode was a killer for me, though. JavaScript is mandatory, pages load slowly and the whole thing feels like a half-assed beta :(

In any case, the fact TPB is still around after all this time and all the legal action brought forth against it is truly admirable.

soulreaper
06-17-2020, 06:43 AM
demonoid or rutracker for general and BTN for TV because it's ratio free.

anon
06-17-2020, 07:52 PM
BTN for TV because it's ratio free.

If only other trackers also had TV series :(

soulreaper
06-19-2020, 03:21 AM
BTN for TV because it's ratio free.

If only other trackers also had TV series :(

That would be cool. I think these sites like PTP,BTN etc should merge into one site to provide movies and TV at one place. Think I'll permanently move to warez.bb but that's also down sometimes LOL

postcd
08-12-2020, 09:25 AM
I normaly use qbittorrent's search function to search several big trackers/meta search engines. But if i want to find torrent manually, i use internet search engine (http://ecosia.org) adding word "+torrent" at the end of phrase and or thepiratebay.org. torrentz2.eu somehow reports PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR in my Firefox beta. What is PTP and BTN abbreviated sites by the way?

illusive
08-25-2020, 06:19 PM
IPTorrents :D

bsrtravels0203
09-14-2020, 02:22 PM
torrentz.com this is the best torrent site in india.

megabyteme
09-15-2020, 10:53 PM
torrentz.com this is the best torrent site in india.

I believe this is called 'faint praise'.

IdolEyes787
09-15-2020, 10:58 PM
I get it. Like saying New York is the best State.

L3tti
09-16-2020, 11:14 PM
1337x or rarbg for most downloads... private trackers are now for cross-seed/forum/irc no more buiding ratio as perma seeding

Ahmed047
09-27-2020, 07:01 PM
Best general tracker: Zamunda

moinkhalid
10-01-2020, 08:40 AM
1337x.am is the only workable torrent site these days. Good Day.

1337x.am and yts.ag both are working super fine but if you want to browse more than just movies then you should go for the former.

anon
10-02-2020, 02:41 AM
1337x.am and yts.ag both are working super fine but if you want to browse more than just movies then you should go for the former.

And if you're only interested on movies, I'd still avoid the latter...

https://torrentfreak.com/yts-operator-helped-movie-companies-catch-a-pirating-user-200817/
https://torrentfreak.com/yts-torrent-giant-is-part-of-a-bizarre-brand-new-anti-piracy-scheme-200823/

Sailmenn
12-28-2020, 05:09 PM
I like this one, https://eztv-torrent.org

xqlusive83
02-03-2021, 04:01 PM
I was wondered to see so much users still use torrent. I stopped torrenting a few years ago because of all the bans on the famous torrent sites. But what's your opinion about torrents? I would really hear some advantages over usenet.

I ment: Why should I start torrenting again instead of continuing usenet. Do torrents have more vids then usenet?

illusive
02-04-2021, 12:10 PM
I was wondered to see so much users still use torrent. I stopped torrenting a few years ago because of all the bans on the famous torrent sites. But what's your opinion about torrents? I would really hear some advantages over usenet.

I ment: Why should I start torrenting again instead of continuing usenet. Do torrents have more vids then usenet?

I never used usenet so I don't know how to compare but as I understand it, there is no ratio and it's not p2p like bittorrent. No need for seeders too so it's centralized server based way of sharing. I like the sound of it. However, FTP servers been kinda similar in same scope for long time. It's even the source of many content on torrent trackers. And despite all the pros using FTP/Usenet servers, I do not see torrent sharing replaceable because it's simply the most simple FREE p2p sharing way available for high rate of content. It's simply free in a lot of aspects like storage (Content availability and retention depending on peers. So storage cost is shared and for a lot ... it's free.), uploading/seeding cost (Uploading releases is making what you already have is available on demand THEN delegate/share that job with others. Peers work together) & unlimited as more users contributing the more content available in higher speed. Simple is that. Simply no centralization which is the most attractive thing about bittorrent in my opinion.

However, enforcement comes with other cons like security which forces you to get seedbox/VPN and some even paying to leech. In this aspect I'd go for FTP/Usenet servers.

anon
02-05-2021, 10:11 PM
what's your opinion about torrents? I would really hear some advantages over usenet.

If you possess reliable access and a good indexer, I daresay Usenet covers 90% of downloading very well, very quickly, and very securely, as no uploading is required and pretty much all providers offer TLS while also claiming not to log downloads. Torrents remain popular because they give a mostly equivalent experience, but "for free" and with a lower learning curve, as well as supplying that other 10% of files that Usenet doesn't have - in contrast to private trackers, the amount of content-specific NZB indexers is extremely low, I can only name AnimeTosho and Kleverig. There are other factors like retention, organization, exclusive releases, etc., but this is just a quick summary ;)

FTP servers been kinda similar in same scope for long time. (...) Simply no centralization which is the most attractive thing about bittorrent in my opinion

FTP leech slots are not definitely not impossible to obtain, but they're a bit higher up the piracy food chain than other methods :ninja: Not an option you'd normally consider.

Also, private torrenting is actually highly centralized by design. If the tracker is not reachable, you won't be able to (successfully) download or seed torrents. If it shuts down or is forced to do so, then all of its torrents will be lost unless manually reuploaded elsewhere by former users, and so will the precious buffer and stats you spent time building. What.cd was just the most recent example of this.

shaina
02-05-2021, 10:15 PM
If you possess reliable access and a good indexer, I daresay Usenet covers 90% of downloading very well, very quickly, and very securely, as no uploading is required and pretty much all providers offer TLS while also claiming not to log downloads. Torrents remain popular because they give a mostly equivalent experience, but "for free" and with a lower learning curve, as well as supplying that other 10% of files that Usenet doesn't have - in contrast to private trackers, the amount of content-specific NZB indexers is extremely low, I can only name AnimeTosho and Kleverig. There are other factors like retention, organization, exclusive releases, etc., but this is just a quick summary ;)

Really, i would debate that any time you want;), everything else you say i would agree......

anon
02-05-2021, 11:39 PM
Really, i would debate that any time you want;)

Which part?

For free: the real Usenet experience requires that you pay for a good provider and indexer. Sure, there are free options... if you don't mind downloading just a few things per day at 1 Mbps. In contrast, paying for access to torrent trackers is highly disapproved of in the community. You do have the option of renting a seedbox, but if your upload speed is minimally decent, you can get by just fine on all good sites (and I'm of the opinion that the ones where you can't are likely not bothering with). I downloaded six torrents some hours ago, all but one of them are above 1:1 ratio already :)
Lower learning curve: BitTorrent is easier, just add torrents and start. No need to worry about missing articles, takedowns, PARs or fill servers, because either the protocol deals with everything by itself or isn't vulnerable in the same way Usenet is. While this doesn't make the latter an absolutely impenetrable esoteric mystery, the path of least resistance is always going to be more popular.
Files that Usenet doesn't have - most stuff from the highly dedicated trackers like KG, Tik, TheVault or RED doesn't make it there unless deliberately cross-posted (feel free to check out reviews if you need specific examples). Due to the aforementioned shortage of focused NZB indexers, there is little incentive to post it in the first place, whereas on a niche tracker you have the potential appreciation of your peers, the feeling of contributing to a content library possibly with something that had been specifically requested, and increasing your ratio so you can grab other rare shit yourself :P

By the way, I use both of them - turns out they aren't mutually exclusive ;)

shaina
02-05-2021, 11:51 PM
Really, i would debate that any time you want;)

Which part?

For free: the real Usenet experience requires that you pay for a good provider and indexer. Sure, there are free options... if you don't mind downloading just a few things per day at 1 Mbps. In contrast, paying for access to torrent trackers is highly disapproved of in the community. You do have the option of renting a seedbox, but if your upload speed is minimally decent, you can get by just fine on all good sites (and I'm of the opinion that the ones where you can't are likely not bothering with). I downloaded six torrents some hours ago, all but one of them are above 1:1 ratio already :)
Lower learning curve: BitTorrent is easier, just add torrents and start. No need to worry about missing articles, takedowns, PARs or fill servers, because either the protocol deals with everything by itself or isn't vulnerable in the same way Usenet is. While this doesn't make the latter an absolutely impenetrable esoteric mystery, the path of least resistance is always going to be more popular.
Files that Usenet doesn't have - most stuff from the highly dedicated trackers like KG, Tik, TheVault or RED doesn't make it there unless deliberately cross-posted (feel free to check out reviews if you need specific examples). Due to the aforementioned shortage of focused NZB indexers, there is little incentive to post it in the first place, whereas on a niche tracker you have the potential appreciation of your peers, the feeling of contributing to a content library possibly with something that had been specifically requested, and increasing your ratio so you can grab other rare shit yourself :P

By the way, I use both of them - turns out they aren't mutually exclusive ;)

Ya i know you use both :lol:

Files that Usenet doesn't have - most stuff from the highly dedicated trackers like KG, Tik, TheVault or RED doesn't make it there unless deliberately cross-posted (feel free to check out reviews if you need specific examples). Due to the aforementioned shortage of focused NZB indexers, there is little incentive to post it in the first place, whereas on a niche tracker you have the potential appreciation of your peers, the feeling of contributing to a content library possibly with something that had been specifically requested, and increasing your ratio so you can grab other rare shit yourself

So the word unpopular could be used instead or rare Anon??

Do you have some examples?? As you know me i would like to see this content you are speaking of??

And see if it is really true that it doesn't end up on both platforms???

Now if you are talking things that are usually streamed in You Tube and they are just making stuff like that available to have on your hard drive, as opposed to just say saving a link??...

I do know and will say that there is times where Torrents will get stuff faster then say Click Downloads or Usenet?? But really i have yet to see stuff that is exclusive to any??

The same with the name changing of uploads or seeding stuff, if you check the origin most of the time it is just renamed or the claim of re encoding the original...

That make sense no??

Again i be interested to test your theory out.....

And the Truth and really thinking... When it comes to Usenet, there is thousands and thousands of Binary Groups , that are never really checked to see what is in them.. Remember the old days before NZB's you have sites that would tell you where and what Binary Group something was in and you got that information if you were privy from FTP or that other one that i can't remember the name??
And the big name Uploaders would post where the stuff was???

I am just saying that because there must be a ton of shit that is upped and no one knows or cares because it is not popular.....

Torrents that doesn't happen right......

Something Else
02-09-2021, 02:29 PM
Still haven't grasped commas, I see. Maybe one day. Good luck with that.

Usenet and torrents are both great in their own regard. Enjoy them while you can.

shaina
02-09-2021, 02:40 PM
Still haven't grasped commas, I see. Maybe one day. Good luck with that.

Usenet and torrents are both great in their own regard. Enjoy them while you can.

Yes i forget commas....

But you will always be a FuckFace....

And i have told you many times FuckFace you don't contribute shit here and your post if they have more than 3 words in them is a miracle...

And the Truth FuckFace, why do you even bother reading my posts?? I really don't give yours a second... So lets go back to i ignore your post and you can stop reading mine OK FuckFace;)
Next.....

Something Else
02-09-2021, 11:39 PM
:glagpinch:

The desperate irony of an angry dyslexic. Apologies everyone for the misspelled rage above. How embarrassing and inappropriate. I'm sure many people have tried to read your posts sir, but it's just not possible. You use a language never seen before and not spoken, or written by anyone human. If that's what makes you so consumed with rage, then you have my sympathies. I wish you a speedy recovery. Not being able to communicate with other people must be frustrating indeed.

Usenet is so much more efficient, but does indeed have a clearer financial aspect attached.
If you really can't afford anything at all, then torrents are still the way to go.

illusive
02-16-2021, 11:36 AM
Also, private torrenting is actually highly centralized by design. If the tracker is not reachable, you won't be able to (successfully) download or seed torrents. If it shuts down or is forced to do so, then all of its torrents will be lost unless manually reuploaded elsewhere by former users, and so will the precious buffer and stats you spent time building. What.cd was just the most recent example of this.

But content perserved. Cenralization here only controlling connectivity metadata but not content itself. What.cd gone but content of it is around and got re-uploaded on orpheus & redacted. It's like DDL vs bittorrent when mega started to remove content in sig/iti and users are trying to re-upload content which are sourced from torrents.

Depending on peers for actual content has been proven to be best over the years (and the worst too !). Just for content retention and/or availability. You're right though, nothing is perfect and for connectivity and functionality, private trackers is a main actor. Of course public trackers are out there removing that negative point but who cares !

koolyt
04-19-2021, 03:57 AM
orpheus vs redacted go

anon
04-21-2021, 02:54 AM
RED is good for rare albums and upgrading copies and Bandcamp/Deezer rip spam. OPS may be good now, but I dropped my account around two years ago due to the regular downtimes and data loss.

Rerecros
03-07-2023, 08:11 AM
a little while back i used IPT but got disabled for inactivity so i've mostly been using 1337 recently cause pbay has been kinda scuffed. 1337 has been pretty good to me as a replacement. But i miss the juicey seeding of ipt and some things i could only find on that site. There was a pretty good poker one i used to use back in the day but i totally forgot the name of it.

anon
03-08-2023, 10:49 PM
i miss the juicey seeding of ipt

:blink:

There was a pretty good poker one i used to use back in the day but i totally forgot the name of it.

It's either PokerBay or TheVault (which doesn't specialize in poker but has quite a selection).

cosimo
09-27-2023, 02:52 PM
will try pokerbay

MUNFAQQIHA
11-16-2023, 08:05 AM
In past, i kept using extratorrent.cc but now that site is down? Anyone please share the best torrent searching website.

I prefer torrentgalaxy and 1337x.

anon
11-16-2023, 06:59 PM
FileListing (not FileList.io), BTMirror and FreshMeat are gone. BTDigg and BT4G still exist for now :)