PDA

View Full Version : ExtraTorrent is back

kisianik
07-31-2017, 06:46 AM
Hi
According to https://eztv.ag/ ExtraTorrent is revived under different domain - https://extratorrent.ag/

I do understand it is not an original one, but it sounds very legit, isn't it?

anon
08-01-2017, 03:39 AM
Extratorrent is back up and live on extratorrent.ag

When Extratorrent shut down, their administrator said he'd deleted all of the site's data. Be wary of fake sites attempting to capitalize on a name's former glory and/or fish for passwords.

kisianik
08-28-2017, 08:50 AM
Extratorrent is back up and live on extratorrent.ag

Pardon me, I did not provide correct statement, I agree, my bad.

Extratorrent.ag is merely using Extratorrent interface, as it was one of the most convenient for its purpose, in my opinion. Since it was that good (interface) why "create bicycle" and not to use existing, proven model. Yes, it could be called copy cat, but is is not a fake site, as it is advertized on the legit eztv.ag (only, I think, correct me if I am wrong).

when extratorrent shut down, their administrator said he'd deleted all of the site's data. Be wary of fake sites attempting to capitalize on a name's former glory and/or fish for passwords.

Extratorrent.ag doesn't have Extratorrent backup, their database started from the moment of its creation, I tried to search for older torrents, but nothing was shown. I would say that they are capitalizing more on the interface usefulness, than on its glory (my opinion). And Extratorrent.ag is not pushing for registration, like many versions of fake Kickass copies.

P.S. English is my second language and I am trying to express my thoughts in the best possible way, but things happens.... I hope now I did provide more clear statement.

anon
08-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Extratorrent.ag doesn't have Extratorrent backup, their database started from the moment of its creation, I tried to search for older torrents, but nothing was shown. I would say that they are capitalizing more on the interface usefulness, than on its glory (my opinion). And Extratorrent.ag is not pushing for registration, like many versions of fake Kickass copies.

Let's call it a "spiritual successor" then ;)

longtrimkl
11-03-2017, 02:12 AM
Oh good ExtraTorrent is back

eugchen
11-03-2017, 06:55 AM
very nice, im interested in this

Stabber
11-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Isnt it a fake site?