PDA

View Full Version : Few Uploads

magilvia
11-25-2003, 02:32 PM
I share more than 1000 files, mostly mp3, and I noticed that the number of uploads is much lower than it was about 1 or 2 years ago. I leave k++ open for hours but I only have 5 or 6 uploads. There was a time when I would have tens of uploads. Is there a reason for this?
Downloads are also much more difficult. It's hard to get more then 1 sources for every download. But it was not so difficult before.

Incorrigibl3
11-25-2003, 02:53 PM
Well, from what I've noticed people aren't downloading songs as much anymore. Mostly movies and TV shows. And there's less people, so that's a factor.

camille
11-25-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Incorrigibl3@25 November 2003 - 22:53
Well, from what I've noticed people aren't downloading songs as much anymore. Mostly movies and TV shows. And there's less people, so that's a factor.
I agree!!

Rappy
11-25-2003, 03:20 PM
will you shut up with that agree crap well yea i noticied that too not a lot of people are uploading period

Tasty
11-25-2003, 05:54 PM
I believe that disabling the ablity to browse a users files has also effected this as well.

@Rapfan, that was a little bit unnecessary

Switeck
11-25-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by magilvia@25 November 2003 - 09:32
I share more than 1000 files, mostly mp3, and I noticed that the number of uploads is much lower than it was about 1 or 2 years ago. I leave k++ open for hours but I only have 5 or 6 uploads. There was a time when I would have tens of uploads. Is there a reason for this?
Downloads are also much more difficult. It's hard to get more then 1 sources for every download. But it was not so difficult before.
Are you firewalled or on a router?

If so, you're probably blocking many/most users who might want to download FROM you.

magilvia
11-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Only zonealarm.

internet.news
11-25-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by magilvia@25 November 2003 - 15:32
what is your name on kazaa? which songs are you offering - come
and I will downlaod from you if that makes you happy - and I would be
second source for your files...

sometimes some hard to find songs which only a few people searche for
could be few uploads, e.g. Richard Hartley - A thousand Acres - one guy
started an upload "Maybe Maybe you have..." I was happy to see that cause
I could not find this soudntrack on kazaa - so I am the only one who share it ;)
Some guys on slsk also got it from me and share it now ;)

camille
11-25-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by RapFan@25 November 2003 - 23:20
will you shut up with that agree crap well yea i noticied that too not a lot of people are uploading period
What's ur problem man? I'm just quoting what I noticed!

internet.news
11-26-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by RapFan@25 November 2003 - 16:20
will you shut up with that agree crap  well yea i noticied that too not a lot of people are uploading period
I think we have something like the "nice dreams ;)" but I really mean it ;)
it is coming from my heart ;) deepest part of my souls ;)

don't worry, you are just a human, rapfan ;) normal if you get a little angry if something appears several times ;)

magilvia
11-26-2003, 10:02 AM
I've found out something intresting.
I've cleaned my shared folders of thousands of stupid tiny html files I've forgotten, and now uploads are much more frequent. I always have all 4 upload slots used.
So what does this mean ? If someone shares thousands of file most of which useless, the sharinging system failes ? Strange.

Switeck
11-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by magilvia@26 November 2003 - 05:02
I've found out something intresting.
I've cleaned my shared folders of thousands of stupid tiny html files I've forgotten, and now uploads are much more frequent. I always have all 4 upload slots used.
So what does this mean ? If someone shares thousands of file most of which useless, the sharinging system failes ? Strange.
It's probably not failing -- just slowing WAY down!
Think about it -- EVERY search keyword that matches ANY keyword in your files means your computer has to generate a reply.
This EATS bandwidth when you're sharing 1,000+ files of many different names.
Leaving Browse Host/let others list your files ON also can be a huge drain on your speed -- because with LOTS of files shared the probability that at least 1 person is doing it every 5 minutes goes way up.

UKMan
11-26-2003, 11:19 PM
As more and more people are using these p2p programmes, that means that there are more sources to choose from. Also, maybe your files are not what people want :) <----it does happen you know.
There are many reasons why, you have found one of them maybe.

Nice to know you are sharing and willing to share more - good luck and be carefull ;)

Peace
UKMan

SHaka2U
11-27-2003, 06:32 PM
if i could, if one is sharing a ton of files than i would recommending adding more RAM (especially if running a Micro&#036;oft OS), Kazaa (Kazaalite) seems to take more mem with more to do...like search results displaying thousands of files, having thousands of files in the share folder (s) or d/l 100&#39;s of files @ a time...

if i could i would

peace

Sparkle1984
11-28-2003, 02:35 PM
if i could i would

Well memory is cheap nowadays, so what&#39;s to stop you adding more?

SHaka2U
11-28-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@28 November 2003 - 14:35

if i could i would

Well memory is cheap nowadays, so what&#39;s to stop you adding more?
:lol: i&#39;m a waiting for the silly warranty to expire

>_<

it was cheaper for me to buy a dell than build a white box
:D :lol: :D :lol:

john54321
11-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by magilvia@25 November 2003 - 14:32
There was a time when I would have tens of uploads. Is there a reason for this?
Downloads are also much more difficult. It&#39;s hard to get more then 1 sources for every download. But it was not so difficult before.
Kazaa network has more competition now + the fear of prosecutions has put off many people from sharing.

In the UK, we saw on the news a few weeks ago that record companies will start prosecuting large sharers. I dont know how true this is, but it has certainly scared many people off from p2p networks.