PDA

View Full Version : RE: Spider-Man Homecoming

vaetrota
09-28-2017, 05:01 PM
Finally saw the movie yesterday. So one question, Tom Holland as Peter Parker. Great Spider-Man? Or the greatest Spider-Man?

IdolEyes787
09-28-2017, 06:12 PM
I don't think characterizations of comic book superheroes are something that one had hold up for serious comparison. Let me simply say that Holland did a good job and the movie was surprisingly entertaining even if it ran about a half hour too long and the decision to re-imagine several characters as visible minorities was a distraction at best and sort of racism at worst.

No one can tell me that those actors were the best options for their parts. Roles should be given on merit and not largely by the colour of one's skin.

megabyteme
09-29-2017, 07:43 PM
I don't think characterizations of comic book superheroes are something that one had hold up for serious comparison. Let me simply say that Holland did a good job and the movie was surprisingly entertaining even if it ran about a half hour too long and the decision to re-imagine several characters as visible minorities was a distraction at best and sort of racism at worst.

No one can tell me that those actors were the best options for their parts. Roles should be given on merit and not largely by the colour of one's skin.

IKR--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFevxqmg92s

Actually, I kinda agree with you on that. Nothing exceptional about any of the secondary characters.

I'm only about 2/3 of the way through it. Will finish it tonight.

nQQ
11-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Wasn't the OP about Tom Holland rather than the secondary characters? He played the role well, but as the film has to fit within the marvel movie universe it was churned out from the production line so was more just another marvel superhero film rather than a spiderman film. Tom Holland was good in the role of peter parker though

Blackhat
09-02-2019, 06:17 PM
Tom Holland is like an itch you can't scratch. I'm stunned by the positive reviews of Far From Home. Insipid characters and weak dialog. It's essentially a superhero film for four year-olds.