PDA

View Full Version : Nor'easter

MacGyverSG1
03-07-2018, 12:11 AM
Anyone here from the northeast (USA) and lose power? I lost power sometime after 5 PM Friday March 2, and got power back Monday March 5, a little after 4 PM. Really thinking about getting a whole house power generator. With no heat and hot water those 3 and a half days were no fun. Not to mention no TV or Internet (I do not own a laptop, tablet, or smartphone). I do use a UPS for my TVs and desktop computers, but that only gives me 30-60 minutes of use.

Worsts part is now we might get a foot of heavy wet snow dumped on us tomorrow and into Thursday. Hopefully all the trees that are going to come down did already during the first storm (3" of rain in less than 24 hours with tropical storm strength winds).

Last time I lost power this long was 2012 during a Nor'easter that dumped about a foot of snow.

IdolEyes787
03-07-2018, 02:11 PM
To be fair, if I were the Nor'easter I would have killed you.

megabyteme
03-07-2018, 05:29 PM
To be fair, if I were the Nor'easter I would have killed you.

*blown

You missed your chance for a good pun, Idol... :sly:

IdolEyes787
03-07-2018, 05:53 PM
So sue me.* I thought as an American he would approve of the tip of the hat to mindless violence more.

* Likewise I thought as an American you would approve of the tip of the hat to nuisance lawsuits.I'll try to work in addiction to subscription drugs, rampant stupidity and widespread racism when I get the chance.:flowers:

PS Would it kill you to occasionally mention hockey or moose, fudge packer?

megabyteme
03-07-2018, 06:22 PM
"Moose is one of my favorite deserts."- Shay

shaina
03-07-2018, 06:54 PM
"Moose is one of my favorite deserts."- Shay

:lol:

Actually Idol, i figure Meg to be more a Rump Roaster :)

shaina
03-07-2018, 07:21 PM
So sue me.* I thought as an American he would approve of the tip of the hat to mindless violence more.
* Likewise I thought as an American you would approve of the tip of the hat to nuisance lawsuits.I'll try to work in addiction to subscription drugs, rampant stupidity and widespread racism when I get the chance.:flowers:

Deserves... :artist: :artist:

MacGyverSG1
03-09-2018, 07:42 PM

Those views of Americans mostly apply to Southern and Midwest rednecks (rich and poor). There are some of those people up here too, luckily not many. We don't let natural disasters kill a lot of people up here. That seems to be a southern (Republican) thing.

IdolEyes787
03-09-2018, 08:10 PM
I don't think you understand what having a viewpoint means. Seriously that's why I hate you Mormons.

dion09529
03-10-2018, 05:17 PM
To be fair, if I were the Nor'easter I would have killed you lived with the Eskimos.

fixed

IdolEyes787
03-10-2018, 05:24 PM
I wouldn't expect a racist to know the Eskimo is considered a racist term.

MacGyverSG1
03-10-2018, 09:31 PM
I don't think you understand what having a viewpoint means. Seriously that's why I hate you Mormons.

Who said I was a Mormon? (I don't follow any religion and Mormons don't live in this part of the country (Utah)) The problem with most people's viewpoint is that they are based on bad information. People not from the USA think ALL Americans are just like what they see from American TV and movies. Which couldn't be further from the truth (for the majority, anyways).

IdolEyes787
03-10-2018, 11:27 PM
People not from the USA think ALL Americans are just like what they see from American TV and movies. Probably just me being your typical Canadian but I'm thinking any case against stereotyping shouldn't rest on one.

megabyteme
03-11-2018, 05:14 AM
I wouldn't expect a racist to know the Eskimo is considered a racist term.

WTF are we supposed to call them then? :unsure:

Igloo polishers?

Ice monkeys?

Seal slayers?

Caraboozers?

Blubber biters?

Snowballs not Dots or Feathers?

IdolEyes787
03-11-2018, 02:25 PM
You really wanted to go with "Colored" but that was used and "Sort of a Redskin but not really" just seemed like too much of a mouthful.

MacGyverSG1
03-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Has anyone asked them?

IdolEyes787
03-12-2018, 08:54 PM
http://theconversation.com/edmonton-eskimos-is-a-racial-slur-and-its-time-to-stop-using-it-87721

I think the proper term is Inuit. If you really want to get on their good side though I suggest asking them how many polar bears they own.

megabyteme
03-12-2018, 09:24 PM
TIL Canadia has a football league. Do we ever have friendly exhibition games between them and our high school teams?

IdolEyes787
03-12-2018, 09:28 PM
It was good enough for The Rock so it should be more than good enough for homosexuals like you.

Sagan. What a boss. Do that Tom Bradley.Start around 2'30".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWtOgMc7Tvw

megabyteme
03-12-2018, 10:17 PM
He'd be more impressive if he didn't just randomly fall off his bicycle like a 6 year old. Was his mom in the crowd to kiss his knee after the race? :unsure:

Speaking of randomly falling over... Hi shay :)

IdolEyes787
03-12-2018, 11:07 PM
He covers it up nicely though by telling everyone that he had a sudden desire to have a closer look at the ground.

shaina
03-13-2018, 01:40 AM
Speaking of randomly falling over... Hi shay :)

:drunk:

shaina
03-13-2018, 02:00 AM
TIL Canadia has a football league

We actually have a Football league, the CFL , but it sucks ass!!!. They have been talking about it for years, and the Bills(Buffalo) play a few games here, and they have to revamp the seating in the Rogers Center to accommodate it. And to get one now it will be over a Billion smackers just for a franchise, and that is not including the new stadium they have to build to NFL standards. Plus if the investors do decide, the CFL will be history across Canada, considering the NFL team will be in Toronto.
To be honest, It does surprise me that no one has stepped up yet, since we now have a NBA team (Toronto Raptors), it generates huge revenue!!!

Football Soccer Champs

megabyteme
03-14-2018, 06:48 AM
TIL Canadia has a football league

We actually have a Football league, the CFL , but it sucks ass!!!. They have been talking about it for years, and the Bills(Buffalo) play a few games here, and they have to revamp the seating in the Rogers Center to accommodate it. And to get one now it will be over a Billion smackers just for a franchise, and that is not including the new stadium they have to build to NFL standards. Plus if the investors do decide, the CFL will be history across Canada, considering the NFL team will be in Toronto.
To be honest, It does surprise me that no one has stepped up yet, since we now have a NBA team (Toronto Raptors), it generates huge revenue!!!

Football Soccer Champs

Just glanced at that pic and thought, "How many quarterbacks do they need????" Then realized it was a girly 'football' team.

IdolEyes787
03-14-2018, 12:20 PM
Isn't a real sport unless either 90% of the athletes are Black or else there are engines involved.

shaina
03-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Isn't a real sport unless either 90% of the athletes are Black or else there are engines involved.

:lol::lol:

megabyteme
03-14-2018, 04:50 PM

Cycling doesn't have many blacks because if that many stolen bicycles showed up in one location, the cops would raid them.

IdolEyes787
03-14-2018, 08:09 PM
Actually there were a lot of African-American cyclists until the unfortunate blackface incident of '08.