PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Need to Steal HQ Music

megabyteme
09-20-2018, 01:51 AM
Not sure if my old Waffles account still works, but I know they change their rl as often as Idol changes socks...

Am interested in Flac and other high bitrate albums.

Help, suggestions, invites would all be appreciated.

IdolEyes787
09-20-2018, 12:28 PM
I don't wear socks. Socks are like tiny bras for your feet and I'm nohomo.

megabyteme
09-20-2018, 04:46 PM
You'll pay later in life when your toe-nipples start to sag and you trip or get them caught in your bicycle spokes...

IdolEyes787
09-20-2018, 09:01 PM
Spokes need to eat too, racist.

BTW it's Waffle.ch and I don't think you be disabled. I'd invite you to Redacted but I don't any invites there. I'd share my account with you but they are self-aggrandizing Nazis and don't allow that sort of thing.

anon
09-20-2018, 09:26 PM
Not sure if my old Waffles account still works, but I know they change their rl as often as Idol changes socks...

They've only switched domains once, so this comment is either very clever or very clever :eyebrows:

Anyway, give the redacted.ch interview a shot if you have the time, they're essentially What.cd v2. I can hook you up with Waffles if you can confirm your old account is deleted, they explicitly allow that.

megabyteme
09-21-2018, 12:20 AM
I was able to log into my old Waffles account-- gotta love those guys for not pruning for inactivity.

Q: If I have Waffles, is there any real benefit to pursuing Redacted? I can't imagine any musical trivia or knowledge of bitrates, etc. that I'd be able to answer--- I'd probably be the worst interviewee they ever had :lol:

anon
09-21-2018, 01:00 AM
I was able to log into my old Waffles account-- gotta love those guys for not pruning for inactivity.

Q: If I have Waffles, is there any real benefit to pursuing Redacted?

That's awesome :happy:

Waffles lost a lot of steam after disappearing for months and then returning on an unexpectedly different domain. They're still decent, but torrent count and activity cannot compare against pre-downtime levels, let alone Redacted. The latter is much better.

I can't imagine any musical trivia or knowledge of bitrates, etc. that I'd be able to answer--- I'd probably be the worst interviewee they ever had :lol:

People have been blowing this out of proportion since the What.cd days. You don't need to be an audio engineer to pass the interview. Just visit interviewfor.red and pay close attention to the parts about transcodes (which are okay, which aren't, and how to spot the latter) and upload rules (what's okay to upload, what's not, and how to handle the former). Oh, and people have been accused of cheating for keeping the official study material open in their browser or not typing answers fast enough, so try to avoid both ;)

IdolEyes787
09-21-2018, 01:48 AM
Also brush up on your goosestepping just in case there is also a physical component to the test.

Btw the majority of people don't upload to any of these sites so grilling them on encoding/uploading stuff is wank. As is questions concerning honesty as dishonest people are by definition going to lie anyway.

Fucking idiots.

megabyteme
09-21-2018, 01:56 AM
A kind individual just invited me to redacted. :)

Whenever I'm asked if I'm honest, I lie. Same as when Idol is asked if he's ghey :P

Also brush up on your goosestepping just in case there is also a physical component to the test.

Damnit-- I can manage a pretty good duck walk since my surgery-- is that a close enough avian cousin?

IdolEyes787
09-21-2018, 02:08 AM
A kind individual just invited me to redacted. :)

Name or it didn't happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kphaz-zz3PI

It was Gavin Rossdale wasn't it.

That was a statement not a question.

megabyteme
09-21-2018, 02:27 AM
Damn, you had a 1 in 7.2 Billion* chance of guessing it. :O

*There's supposedly 7.7 Billion, but who counts Mexicans? :idunno:

IdolEyes787
09-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Also it's the internet and as there was nothing either vaguely or overtly sexual involved I could safely exclude it being a woman.

Speaking of music, I hate everything about you.

anon
09-21-2018, 07:59 PM
Btw the majority of people don't upload to any of these sites so grilling them on encoding/uploading stuff is wank.

I'm guessing that 1.2 million or so torrents they have were all uploaded by a select few :P

IdolEyes787
09-21-2018, 08:46 PM
Clearly you don't know how these things work. There are only so many people in any given population with mental problems severe enough to warrant spending your free time mindlessly uploading stuff.

80% of torrents are uploaded by less than 5% of the user base then everyone else uploads just enough to get them into whatever user class they feel they need to be to get invites to sites like BTN and HDbits. This is and always has been the proud tradition of bt. I sincerely hope you agree with this and aren't one of those godless anarchists.

anon
09-22-2018, 02:28 AM
I was just fooling around, but since you brought this up... said it before and will say it again. At the end of the day those torrents are being made available for me and everyone else to grab without paying anything. So I'm grateful, because for the original uploader something may have been "torrent 139 out of 500 needed to reach Torrent Master", but for me it was "that album I've been looking for and couldn't find anywhere else".

IdolEyes787
09-22-2018, 01:18 PM
It's the pretense that I find hard to stomach.

Personally I wish there were no class system on these places. Either you are prepared to share freely and openly with every other member or you're a Jew.

soulreaper
09-22-2018, 01:32 PM
streaming bro

megabyteme
09-22-2018, 05:44 PM
streaming bro

Just like Netflix, I agree with the value of doing so: nearly endless choices, low cost, easily navigable searching... However, there's also benefits to permanence of favorite albums, rare rips (if desired), and portability in locations without internet access/sufficient access. Also, in terms of mobility, some cell plans can end up being costly when streaming HQ.

Ultimately, there's value in both.

It's the pretense that I find hard to stomach.

Personally I wish there were no class system on these places. Either you are prepared to share freely and openly with every other member or you're a Jew.

I, too, still hold on to the *potential* altruistic nature of filesharing. However, people tend to want *something* from their efforts-- money, recognition... Or in RealtY's case, to destroy a once-thriving site with active members.

IdolEyes787
09-22-2018, 07:42 PM
To be fair, if I had your face I'd hate Reality too. :flowers:

megabyteme
09-23-2018, 06:42 PM
Currently raping Waffles with a 24-hour freeleech that I purchased with accrued points. Everything that I haven't found there, I grab from Redacted. The fact that my upload stats have not moved tells me that my musical tastes are lousy :sadwalk: