PDA

View Full Version : NZBIndex.com

MacGyverSG1
09-29-2018, 08:18 AM
I have been coming across some movies and TV shows that have some of their files being posted in "a.b.ratcave". Unfortunately NZBIndex does not support that group. Now when I try to make an NZB for new releases some files will be missing. There is a link on the website to request a group. I put in a request yesterday. I don't know how they decide if they will add a group or not. Maybe if it gets requested enough times, they will. The link below is for requesting a group. It would be great if FST members could visit NZBIndex and request "alt.binaries.ratcave" so hopefully they will add it. It might be best if the requests are done spread out over many days instead of all in one day. It might throw up a red flag (who knows?). If I was using a VPN, I would make the request once a day for weeks using a different IP address. Add a.b.frogs to the list.

https://www.nzbindex.com/forum/addgroup/

alt.binaries.ratcave
alt.binaries.frogs

Thanks for reading. :)

nQQ
10-07-2018, 06:46 PM
done

nQQ
10-08-2018, 08:34 AM
From the FAQ

Q: Can you add a newsgroup?
Yes, we can add newsgroups to the list of groups we're indexing, you can submit them with our form. However, we are NOT a news provider, so we CANNOT add groups to Usenet, only existing newsgroups will appear on the site. (see next question)

Q: Why is the group I requested not available?
Although we are using several newsproviders, it is possible that none of them currently support the group. In that case, contact one or more newsproviders (such as Giganews, Astraweb, XSNews, UseNetServer, Eweka, etc.) to have them add the group. If the group is available from any of our providers, it will automatically appear on NZBIndex. (see previous question)

Giganews carries both
Astraweb carries both

So it should appear.

As far as indexers goes
binsearch.info has both groups
nzbking.com has both groups

So maybe its a case of using a different indexer in the meantime?

MacGyverSG1
10-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Neither binsearch.info or nzbking.com find anything when I do a search for a certain file. NZBIndex is the only one that seems to work.

I use Usenetserver and can download files from a.b.ratcave and a.b.frogs without a problem. Need an indexer that can find files in those two groups by search.

Thanks for requesting the groups at NZBIndex. :)

aoshivx
10-17-2018, 12:47 AM
This is weird, I assumed the request forms were no longer honored. I remember requesting a bunch some time last year and didn't see them added including frogs. Then I see your post and suddenly remember oh! there is the beta side, and they are all there. :wacko:

MacGyverSG1
10-17-2018, 04:08 AM
This is weird, I assumed the request forms were no longer honored. I remember requesting a bunch some time last year and didn't see them added including frogs. Then I see your post and suddenly remember oh! there is the beta side, and they are all there. :wacko:

What are you talking about? Do you mean beta site? I need to find that.

nQQ
10-17-2018, 08:25 PM

What are you talking about? Do you mean beta site? I need to find that.
https://beta.nzbindex.nl/search or http://beta.nzbindex.com/
in the search field the groups are listed

MacGyverSG1
10-17-2018, 11:25 PM
I have been testing the beta site today. Some of the archives I was missing files for using the standard website now find all the files with the beta site. I have also come across some archives that all the files show up on regular site, but not on beta site. At least now one or the other will give me all the files. Only a few archives are still missing many files when searching with both sites.

nQQ
10-20-2018, 06:06 PM
Interesting, maybe the beta doesn't have the same retention?

MacGyverSG1
10-21-2018, 03:13 AM

No, everything is three weeks old or newer.

The beta site search includes a.b.ratcave and a.b.frogs. The regular site doesn't.

I was able to get all the files for the archives that both searches could not complete on their own, but combining the search results from both. It doesn't make sense, but whatever works.

shaina
10-21-2018, 03:55 AM

The beta site search includes a.b.ratcave and a.b.frogs. The regular site doesn't.

I was able to get all the files for the archives that both searches could not complete on their own, but combining the search results from both. It doesn't make sense, but whatever works.

What are you looking for buddy?? Can i help ??

Edit: I haven't looked through this whole tread so i am not sure if someone suggested using this??

https://www.newzleech.com/

nQQ
10-21-2018, 10:17 AM

Surely it depends how the beta site was set up. As the beta site includes groups that are not on the main site, are you assuming the beta is a mirror of the main with an addition of extra groups, rather than its main aim is to test other groups or other aspects and so not all articles are scraped across, or the update isn't as frequent so some may be missing on the more popular groups.

When you say you have to combine, is that because the beta site doesn't contain some articles that's on the main, or is it also that the main doesn't include some articles that are on the beta (and if the latter is that because of the groups that the beta site carries or are you talking about articles in groups carried by both)

MacGyverSG1
10-21-2018, 10:59 PM

What are you looking for buddy?? Can i help ??

Edit: I haven't looked through this whole tread so i am not sure if someone suggested using this??

https://www.newzleech.com/

I manually search certain newsgroups for files to find movies. The file names are just random numbers and letters. I download the first .rar file and use VLC to play it. If I want the movie I then download all the files. I don't do torrents and don't belong to a VIP NZB website, so I have to go old-school to find stuff.

I have tried Newzleech. No help.

Surely it depends how the beta site was set up. As the beta site includes groups that are not on the main site, are you assuming the beta is a mirror of the main with an addition of extra groups, rather than its main aim is to test other groups or other aspects and so not all articles are scraped across, or the update isn't as frequent so some may be missing on the more popular groups. Yes and Yes

When you say you have to combine, is that because the beta site doesn't contain some articles that's on the main, or is it also that the main doesn't include some articles that are on the beta (and if the latter is that because of the groups that the beta site carries or are you talking about articles in groups carried by both) Yes and Yes

arena
10-24-2018, 06:59 AM
Thanks a lot for the tip about beta, saves me some cumbersome job :)

Newb043
11-05-2018, 03:41 AM
what is ratcave good for?

Gregg987
02-08-2019, 09:29 PM
The beta site, even when I allow scripting, just shows me a search box. It does not give the option to choose newsgroups, or to filter by size of post etc etc. What am I doing wrong?

anon
02-09-2019, 01:25 AM
The beta site, even when I allow scripting, just shows me a search box. It does not give the option to choose newsgroups, or to filter by size of post etc etc. What am I doing wrong?

Click on "More" next to the blue search button, and plenty of filters will show up.

Gregg987
02-09-2019, 03:16 AM
Thanks, anon, for your patient answer.

That was a real d'oh question. Maybe what happened is that I clicked "More" with scripting turned off. Then after turning on scripting, I didn't bother clicking More.

anon
02-09-2019, 07:23 AM
Shit happens :happy: If you apply the following CSS, the search filters will always be visible, but I'm pretty sure JavaScript is still required for other site functionality anyway.

#more-search {
display: block !important;
}

MacGyverSG1
02-11-2019, 03:14 PM
NZBIndex has made the BETA site the official site now. Searches for new stuff is complete, but older stuff is incomplete (they didn't index all popular groups, until recently). At least the future looks good.

Moviefan
02-20-2019, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the info guys, the BETA new address is....

https://www.nzbindex.com/

ruhi
02-21-2019, 06:45 AM
Neglected to recover RSS from https://nzbindex.nl/rss/?q=bla&sort=agedesc&max=25: hostname u'nzbindex.nl' doesn't coordinate both of 'www.nzbindex.com'

Gregg987
04-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Neither beta.nzbindex.com nor www.nzbindex.com are working for me today. Beta was fine yesterday. No reply from server.

EDIT - 7 April 2019 - nzbindex is back up for me. Thanks MacGyver. When in doubt, approach a problem from a fundamental standpoint.

MacGyverSG1
04-07-2019, 02:53 PM
I didn't use the website yesterday. Working fine today for me.

They could have been doing maintenance.