PDA

View Full Version : What is the simplest way to destroy a mobile phone?

Aronsmith
10-11-2018, 07:23 PM
What is the simplest way to destroy a mobile phone so that no information can be recovered from it?

shaina
10-11-2018, 08:13 PM
What is the simplest way to destroy a mobile phone so that no information can be recovered from it?

Idol says to send a text to Hillary Clinton for her methods:drummer:

No wait!!! He really said Fuckoff!!!

IdolEyes787
10-11-2018, 09:16 PM
What is the simplest way to destroy a mobile phone....?

Drop a retard on it? :unsure:

megabyteme
10-11-2018, 11:22 PM

You could have yer mum give birth to it-- that seems effective.

shaina
10-12-2018, 12:12 AM

:unsure:

IdolEyes787
10-12-2018, 12:18 AM
I give Meg a pass on not making sense because of all the drugs he has to take to keep his multiple personalities in check..

shaina
10-12-2018, 02:48 AM
I give Meg a pass on not making sense because of all the drugs he has to take to keep his multiple personalities in check..

Actually looking at that post and seeing the word "mum" in it, it looked like you hi-jacked his account:lol:. But then i realized it didn't make any sense so i knew it was some one trying to plagiarize most of your posts:lol::lol:

And ya the drug thing might of helped......

anon
10-12-2018, 02:53 AM
For Android phones, you can do a factory reset, then immediately open an ADB shell and use dd to create a big file that overwrites all free space. That will stop wannabe hackers and some advanced users, but Flash memory is almost impossible to sanitize correctly (and certainly not through overwriting, which is almost never done in place), so if you need 100% assurance, physical destruction is the only way. A high-power blender or incineration should do the trick.

If you take this path and the phone's battery is replaceable (or can be forcibly removed), don't be a moron, take it off and dispose of it in a recycling plant or similar.

shaina
10-12-2018, 03:20 AM
For Android phones, you can do a factory reset, then immediately open an ADB shell and use dd to create a big file that overwrites all free space. That will stop wannabe hackers and some advanced users, but Flash memory is almost impossible to sanitize correctly (and certainly not through overwriting, which is almost never done in place), so if you need 100% assurance, physical destruction is the only way. A high-power blender or incineration should do the trick.

If you take this path and the phone's battery is replaceable (or can be forcibly removed), don't be a moron, take it off and dispose of it in a recycling plant or similar.

:lol::lol:

And please don't try to bury the remains in the woods

megabyteme
10-12-2018, 03:24 AM
I hate you guys :snooty:

shaina
10-12-2018, 03:31 AM

Meanwhile how are you feeling Dickhead!!!

And if you hate us there is no one else you got :lol: And i don't think you need pain meds to figure that one out Buddy.......

And i always got your back Idol 50/50;)

nQQ
10-12-2018, 06:35 AM
I started a long tongue in cheek post about its too late to worry about destroying his phone, the evidence is in the cloud and he should just own up to what he did and my laptop suffered a BSOD - seems someone somewhere doesn't want me to let on!!! :shifty:

shaina
10-12-2018, 07:06 AM
I started a long tongue in cheek post about its too late to worry about destroying his phone, the evidence is in the cloud and he should just own up to what he did and my laptop suffered a BSOD - seems someone somewhere doesn't want me to let on!!! :shifty:

Actually cant you turn off/disable the cloud if you want?? I know you can on a IPhone..

And i can't imagine how bad something could be that you have to worry about info on your phone?? And i assume if he/she does completely destroys the phone that proves guilt:idunno:
If anyone is doing that bad of shit with there phone maybe they have to go back in time to old school Blackberry:unsure:

Sorry to hear about your laptop nQQ, hopefully it can be fixed with ease:)

IdolEyes787
10-12-2018, 06:46 PM

I was afraid this might happen. The stress was caused the man-hating butch dyke protective identity of Janet Lewis to assume control.

It's OK, Janet . We are all friends here. Could I please speak to Meg again?

megabyteme
10-12-2018, 07:17 PM
No Meg...only Janet now :angry:

shaina
10-12-2018, 08:52 PM
No Meg...only Janet now :angry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNfQixs8yA

anon
10-13-2018, 04:30 AM
If anyone is doing that bad of shit with there phone maybe they have to go back in time to old school Blackberry:unsure:

Said it before and will say it again. Nothing will ever surpass the Nokia 1100...

joneson
10-28-2018, 09:34 AM
You can throw it into the sea

shaina
10-28-2018, 10:19 AM
Said it before and will say it again. Nothing will ever surpass the Nokia 1100...

My first cell phone...I am wondering if you were even born yet:unsure:

Most of the people i new had the Alpine car phone, and the Pistol Pete's had the Brick when they came out, and locked into the trunk of there Mercedes harness and had a built in car model ;)

nQQ
10-28-2018, 10:22 AM

Actually cant you turn off/disable the cloud if you want?? I know you can on a IPhone..

And i can't imagine how bad something could be that you have to worry about info on your phone?? And i assume if he/she does completely destroys the phone that proves guilt:idunno:

Sorry to hear about your laptop nQQ, hopefully it can be fixed with ease:)
Google records everything with android, and yes Apple allows you to turn cloud off, but not sure if that is everything. Going old-school and pre-smartphone is probably best, though maybe a smartphone with a custom built ROM could do. Then an app with end-to-end encryption so noone can evesdrop.

laptop fixed by the normal method "have you tried turning it off and on again"

My first cellphone did fit in my pocket, it was on the analogue network and you had to remove the battery (which was thicker than the rest of the phone) to charge it but a lot smaller than those portable units

shaina
10-28-2018, 10:32 AM
It is pretty hard to be in the 21st century and not leave some sort of trail???

If the guy here is worried about his smart phone and has used it for some time, i would say it is pretty hard to go back in technology:idunno:

I can say from experience it was hard to go back to my razer when i blew up my first blackberry!!!

Fuck you can't even go to a pager today!! That can be traced!!! Best thing is Don't cheat on your spouse/girlfriend or don't sell Drugs using your phone :)

nQQ
10-28-2018, 12:54 PM

IdolEyes787
10-28-2018, 01:26 PM
It is pretty hard to be in the 21st century and not leave some sort of trail???

If the guy here is worried about his smart phone and has used it for some time, i would say it is pretty hard to go back in technology:idunno:

I can say from experience it was hard to go back to my razer when i blew up my first blackberry!!!

Fuck you can't even go to a pager today!! That can be traced!!! Best thing is Don't cheat on your spouse/girlfriend or don't sell Drugs using your phone :)

I only use pay phones but the problem is I have to walk eight miles to now find one.

Probably just give up at some point and go back to carrier pigeons. They're pretty cost effective and dependable if you don't count storms, overseas calls and falcons.

shaina
10-28-2018, 02:44 PM
I only use pay phones but the problem is I have to walk eight miles to now find one.
Probably just give up at some point and go back to carrier pigeons. They're pretty cost effective and dependable if you don't count storms, overseas calls and falcons.

When i see a pay phone of some sorts today it only dials out for a taxi service, or wheel trans:)

I am wondering if it feels strange that you have no cell phone and all the 13 year olds in your neighborhood do, that would be the same with McGyver as well...
And Personal Drones has sent the pigeons to the unemployment line:lol:

anon
10-28-2018, 11:17 PM
My first cell phone...I am wondering if you were even born yet:unsure:

I don't think I was; the earliest mobile phone I recall seeing in 3D was the Motorola Tango :happy:

I did have a Motorola V3 Razr ten years ago which I liked a lot, to the point of building my own custom firmware for it. But nowadays I think good reception and long battery life are far more valuable than a camera, color screen or Internet access, and the Snowden leaks, baseband exploits, ADUPS, Motorola Blur, etc. only reassured my decision. The aforementioned Nokia 1100 delivers, so if you're going to use a mobile phone at all, I'd recommend that or a similar model.

PS: one-way pagers cannot be traced :whistling

MacGyverSG1
10-29-2018, 02:30 AM

When i see a pay phone of some sorts today it only dials out for a taxi service, or wheel trans:)

I am wondering if it feels strange that you have no cell phone and all the 13 year olds in your neighborhood do, that would be the same with McGyver as well...
And Personal Drones has sent the pigeons to the unemployment line:lol:

It doesn't bother me one bit. I find myself to be the only one not staring at a cellphone where ever I am. Last Monday when I had jury duty, I was the only person that was not sitting there staring at their cellphone the whole time. There was a TV with daytime talk shows on (no other channels available). I sat there and listened to music on my Zune HD. I would get up every 45-60 minutes and walk around. The jury room had a separate area with vending machines and bathrooms.

nQQ
10-29-2018, 07:54 AM
In the UK a lot of villages are losing their payphones because not enough use to justify the rental/upkeep. So a long way to walk to find one!

anon
10-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Pay phones were the bomb, but you no longer see them in my area, they were all killed by vandalism and easy access to guns cell phones :( Except for tourist areas which have British-style phone booths just for show.

shaina
10-30-2018, 04:49 AM
Pay phones were the bomb, but you no longer see them in my area, they were all killed by vandalism and easy access to guns cell phones :( Except for tourist areas which have British-style phone booths just for show.

Malls and Hospitals :)

MacGyverSG1
10-30-2018, 07:32 AM
I haven't been in a mall or hospital in many years. I can see why hospitals would still have them, but not malls.

Markdc123
10-30-2018, 07:33 AM
Hi,

Throw it off your rooftop or from the overbridge.

nQQ
10-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Hi,

Throw it off your rooftop or from the overbridge.
That's not going to destroy it, just damage it - data will most likely still be recoverable

IdolEyes787
10-30-2018, 12:08 PM
Pay phones were the bomb, but you no longer see them in my area, they were all killed by vandalism and easy access to guns cell phones :(

False equivalency. People actually need guns. Not everyone possesses the skill required to make a bomb, leftist.

anon
10-31-2018, 07:59 AM
Malls and Hospitals :)

Malls, not the ones I frequent at least. Hospitals, I haven't been to one in a while, but as I remember there was always drama about cell phones interfering with medical equipment, so they very likely still have them.

False equivalency. People actually need guns. Not everyone possesses the skill required to make a bomb, leftist.

Any public high school graduate can manufacture his own bombs and guns and hotwire a car, rich boy :dry:

MacGyverSG1
10-31-2018, 08:02 AM
I think it would be great if we went back to the days before gunpowder (for battle). Swords, spears, knives and shields. A real warrior's arsenal.

IdolEyes787
10-31-2018, 12:25 PM
Any public high school graduate can manufacture his own bombs and guns and hotwire a car, rich boy :dry:

Clearly you have never met any 'merican High School graduates or watched YouTube, Che Guevara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WQwAXymShE

It must be Halloween because I'm now scared.

nQQ
11-04-2018, 02:40 PM
is that hair painted on?

shaina
11-04-2018, 04:33 PM
is that hair painted on?

IdolEyes787
11-04-2018, 05:06 PM
Not the easiest but the most effective way to destroy a mobile phone is to travel back in time and kill it's mother.

Normally this would seriously impact the time space continuum so that none of the phones descendents could in turn ever do any good but since they too would be mobile phones there is little to no chance of that.

anon
11-04-2018, 11:00 PM
Clearly you have never met any 'merican High School graduates or watched YouTube, Che Guevara.

I'm loving that MAGA cap in the background, it lends credibility.

nQQ
11-10-2018, 07:18 AM
easiest way to destroy a phone - tell it that it's really let itself go over the last few years, and anyway you always fancied its sister, who you just started seeing recently and that's the reason you are standing there with a packed bag in your hand.

anon
11-10-2018, 08:25 PM
easiest way to destroy a phone - tell it that it's really let itself go over the last few years, and anyway you always fancied its sister, who you just started seeing recently and that's the reason you are standing there with a packed bag in your hand.

Fufufu, no, that would only leave it hurting for a while... if you want to destroy, you need to pull a Jared.

Tokeman
11-10-2018, 09:41 PM
I would think throwing it into an active volcano would be simple and effective
Results vary

Gribley
11-11-2018, 09:35 AM

Now going back a bit but did you ever do that stick a wad of paper up the coin return slot and next day to school remove it to get all those 10P`s as some design error had that going on :D

Also I may have used to ring free phone numbers on my way to school and leave `em off the hook just for fun, Roland Rat had an 0800 for some reason but can`t recall the exact details on that one.

Actually this is more for nQQ I guess since us of the stiff upper lip remain together.

anon
11-12-2018, 12:50 AM
Now going back a bit but did you ever do that stick a wad of paper up the coin return slot and next day to school remove it to get all those 10P`s as some design error had that going on :D

Vandal, I'm sure you also routinely placed chewing gum inside door keyholes :ermm:

Gribley
11-12-2018, 05:42 AM

Vandal, I'm sure you also routinely placed chewing gum inside door keyholes :ermm:

I may have helped to bring down the use of phone boxes but it also brought me a lot a penny sweets whilst waiting for the school bus :)

anon
11-12-2018, 09:10 PM
I used to make "traps" at the local park's sandpit by pouring water in the sand, digging a hole, and then covering it up with the help of flattened plastic bottles. So I can't fault you for that, especially considering you made a profit; you were a smart kid who learned about capitalism early on :turned:

grimevil
11-22-2018, 08:35 AM
drop it in a toilet as that tends to destroy most phones and then cook it in the oven for a hour. that should kill it dead!

MacGyverSG1
11-24-2018, 01:40 AM
Yeah, heat does the job for most electronics.

anon
11-24-2018, 02:42 AM
Yeah, heat does the job for most electronics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLHIMg4aHgw

:cry:

joneson
11-26-2018, 02:06 PM
This is my mobile phone
It’s useless to stick this cell phone film (https://www.newbecca.com/product/554999647106). I fell down from the 2nd floor and fell like this. But if it doesn't break, I won't change it.

jason23158
04-29-2019, 07:36 AM
Pull the SIMS card and destroy that separately (in case messages to/from Brady left on the carrier's server). Take a sledgehammer to the chip until it's broken into several pieces. Do the same with the phone. Gather up the pieces and divide them into ten piles.

johnsmith9200
05-08-2019, 06:04 AM
What is the simplest way to destroy a mobile phone so that no information can be recovered from it? Simplest? Throw on driveway until it's in pieces. Throw pieces until they're little pieces.

IT4INT
05-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Least complex? Toss on garage until it's in pieces. Toss pieces until they're little pieces. Dissipate pieces into discrete junk jars.

Different alternatives:

Purchase muriatic corrosive from the handyman shop. Absorb telephone it.

Put on flame broil. Cook for a few hours.

Put in stove. Heat for a few hours.

Put in profound fryer. Broil for a few hours.

Get a decent blaze moving… toast telephone alongside marshmallows.

Telephone Baseball.

Telephone Golf

Drop in profound sea water.

Tape to vehicle tire - go for a drive.

Place telephone into fluid cement. Hold up 24 - 48 hours until it has completely set.

This is fun!

xuanho
05-09-2019, 03:47 AM
just use a brick to smash it

Ricky151
05-10-2019, 12:36 AM
I think the best way to destroy a mobile phone is...
Throw it in your barbecue or if you’re out in the woods hunting or camping, Throw it in your fire.
I’ve melted more than a mobile phone in the fire.

Menges
05-10-2019, 01:51 AM
What is the simplest way to destroy a mobile phone....?

Drop a retard on it? :unsure:

Idol says to send a text to Hillary Clinton for her methods:drummer:

No wait!!! He really said Fuckoff!!!

could you tell me what your problem is, making you angry with people?

:unsure:

Actually looking at that post and seeing the word "mum" in it, it looked like you hi-jacked his account:lol:. But then i realized it didn't make any sense so i knew it was some one trying to plagiarize most of your posts:lol::lol:

And ya the drug thing might of helped......

:lol::lol:

And please don't try to bury the remains in the woods

tigerknee
06-17-2019, 01:00 AM
accidentally run over it with your car.

juansan
06-25-2019, 06:41 AM
I think the best way to destroy a mobile phone is introduce it into the fire and burn it.

robertdavid
07-05-2019, 07:32 AM
You can factory reset to destroy every things in your phones.
And you can also threw it in the water to destroy your phone

tektek
07-10-2019, 03:20 AM
Stick it in the microwave?

Tam
07-13-2019, 06:44 AM
remove sim card, memory card, factory reset, physically destroy, dismantle and remove memory chips

spaceinator
08-31-2019, 04:57 PM
I vote FIRE! Just don't do it indoors as you could burn your house down.

pebbles1
09-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Interesting fact- the US government has protocols for this and PC/laptop destruction as well. When a few years back China grabbed a US spy plane, the crew on board activated these protocols to destroy the onboard systems- like smashing the HDD platers.

But for the plebs, the government wants you to follow BAD advice.

1) Been using the phone as a phone? it's too late, your info was always being recorded on the networks you connected to. If they REALLY care about you, the NSA has all your details. A 'lesser' person of interest, and lower authorities still have access to all your messages, and location details (if your phone has power, GPS or no GPS, SIM or no-SIM, the phone location is tracked to within a meter every few seconds).

2) If you are a person of no interest, simply wanting no-one to have access to your piccys etc, then it's the chips on the circuit board you want to destroy. The US military use a hammer and a hard metal surface- so should you. A hammer blow should split open the phone, revealing the obvious circuit boards. Outside, wearing googles and probably a mask, pound all visible chips into somethiong like dust. That's the NSA protocol, and the military protocol. Anything less (like fire or microwave nonsense) would allow someone to remove the flash chip (memory), put it on a clean circuit board, and recover your data.

PS for many years, online NSA shills told the hard-of-thinking that erasing files on a HDD was a waste of time, cos the NSA had a 'magic' method for recovering magnetic data from the platter, and that because the heads don't have perfect alignment, your erase action left a circle of recording untouched.

This was an utter lie (think about it- if erasing by overwriting doesn't delete data, the capacity of your HDD has effectively DOUBLED. Erase again, and the capacity would have TRIPLED). The NSA actually paid PC utils companies to have delete functions that did not use data over-writing by default- cos that way the delete would happen hundreds of times faster (and the authorities could recover deleted data).

When Hilary Clinton erased her illegal server, her people went to the best, and used NSA protocol over-writing methods - the same method the NSA had shills in forums like this one tell you were a 'waste of time'.

Do NOT burn your phone, microwave it or drop it in water. None of these methods destroy the flash chips. Only the hammer method, as mandated by all high level US goverment security depts, gets the job done.

anon
09-02-2019, 02:57 AM
PS for many years, online NSA shills told the hard-of-thinking that erasing files on a HDD was a waste of time, cos the NSA had a 'magic' method for recovering magnetic data from the platter, and that because the heads don't have perfect alignment, your erase action left a circle of recording untouched.

That's news to me. It seems a bit silly considering the NSA themselves publicly approved the ATA Secure Erase command, built-in to all mechanical hard disks made after 2001, and use it to delete their stuff. This feature does a single overwrite pass and that's all you need to permanently delete data.

https://tinyapps.org/docs/recovering_data_from_zero_filled_hard_drive.html

However, mobile phones use flash storage (the same kind used by SSDs and USB sticks), and sanitizing that is far from a solved problem, with no true solution at the moment. As you correctly pointed out, proper physical destruction is the only way. dd, cat /dev/urandom > file.bin, shred at al. are a compromise.

Good post, by the way. Looks like you're the only NZB downloader who hasn't turned to spam in these last few days. :)

shaina
09-02-2019, 03:48 AM
That's news to me. It seems a bit silly considering the NSA themselves publicly approved the ATA Secure Erase command, built-in to all mechanical hard disks made after 2001, and use it to delete their stuff. This feature does a single overwrite pass and that's all you need to permanently delete data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkXGGhuQs0o

megabyteme
09-02-2019, 06:43 AM
When I see 'destroy it with fire', I think of blowtorch. Would that not be sufficient? I physically destroyed a HDD from my first PC (this was a few years after its lifecycle was complete) due to concerns of old credit card info and other information that would have been long-forgotten/not realized would have been collected. And I have to say that damaging a HDD is *a lot* more work than one would think. I smashed, bent, scratched, dismantled, and swore at the thing for quite a while. That was after formatting and overwriting... :01:

shaina
09-02-2019, 06:55 AM
When I see 'destroy it with fire', I think of blowtorch. Would that not be sufficient? I physically destroyed a HDD from my first PC (this was a few years after its lifecycle was complete) due to concerns of old credit card info and other information that would have been long-forgotten/not realized would have been collected. And I have to say that damaging a HDD is *a lot* more work than one would think. I smashed, bent, scratched, dismantled, and swore at the thing for quite a while. That was after formatting and overwriting... :01:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynk6Ij_OuXI

This looks like more fun:happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC46fVL9VLA

shaina
09-02-2019, 07:01 AM
Hmmmmm:)

IdolEyes787
09-02-2019, 11:53 AM
Dress it like a Muslim and take it to an alt-right rally.

anon
09-03-2019, 02:59 AM
When I see 'destroy it with fire', I think of blowtorch. Would that not be sufficient?

It would likely work, although I'd be worried about the potentially harmful fumes and molten metal that would ensue. Using an incinerator like they did in Mr. Robot would be better, if you can get access to one.

shaina
09-03-2019, 04:32 AM
It would likely work, although I'd be worried about the potentially harmful fumes and molten metal that would ensue. Using an incinerator like they did in Mr. Robot would be better, if you can get access to one.

How about taking it to a Crematorium:unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJTclbBKxKk

Radical_Rat
09-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Why not just take a sledge hammer to it and bust it into a 1000 pieces lol

tempolhan
09-07-2019, 01:45 AM
if it is Nokia, then hard to destroy ;)

atreus
09-07-2019, 09:29 AM
I would try a hammer

Cee9
09-10-2019, 06:19 AM
Put the phone on a small rock, like a teeter totter, then drive over it with a car.

sherly
10-19-2019, 12:29 PM
Throw it from the Mount Everest Lol:lol:

geebee
11-05-2019, 09:01 AM
Also watch out for flying parts when the battery ignites inside of the casing as it will allow the pressure to build up before release, ie. a very low powered grenade effect may occur.

SydBarrett
11-10-2019, 08:50 AM
Phone's have been known to explode... shoot it with a sniper rifle from 100 meters away.

jbond8
01-18-2020, 08:59 PM
Install the latest IOS version on it??? :lol:

mumar
01-19-2020, 04:41 AM

Hammer. Smash it to bits.