PDA

View Full Version : Netflix movies

johnsonraider
10-30-2018, 11:20 AM
Do you know about netflix?

What are the good movies you watched on Netflix? Horror, Action ...

What netflix you have watched and how is this?

Gribley
10-30-2018, 02:41 PM
Netflix, never heard of it. Is it like Blockbusters?

MacGyverSG1
10-31-2018, 07:45 AM
I think it's movies on the interweb.

anon
10-31-2018, 07:50 AM
I think I've heard of it, apparently you have to pay :emo:

shaina
10-31-2018, 02:46 PM
I think I've heard of it, apparently you have to pay :emo:

Little :shit: :)

nQQ
10-31-2018, 05:56 PM
I think I've heard of it, apparently you have to pay :emo: Not if you know someone else who pays and just piggyback their subscription

IdolEyes787
10-31-2018, 06:42 PM
Or conversely you could amuse yourself by putting on puppet shows.

Not lame ghey ones mind you but rather cool elaborate ones featuring anime characters and babes from Star Wars.

Gribley
10-31-2018, 08:03 PM
I think I've heard of it, apparently you have to pay :emo: Not if you know someone else who pays and just piggyback their subscription
Or you get an online virtual entropay card, nada email address and destroy it each 'trial' month and then make a new one.... not that I would do that as it would be wrong and 'flix would go bust.

shaina
10-31-2018, 09:55 PM

Ya i did that in the beginning with a friend to see if it was any good:D Then i got some nasty text that he couldn't get on, all the slots were full, of course all of my kids were watching different shows at once, then they tried to get back on and the password was changed. That's when i just got my own account and that was that:D

PS. And you should know my friend and I are still best friends ;)

nQQ
11-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Not if you know someone else who pays and just piggyback their subscription

Ya i did that in the beginning with a friend to see if it was any good:D Then i got some nasty text that he couldn't get on, all the slots were full, of course all of my kids were watching different shows at once, then they tried to get back on and the password was changed. That's when i just got my own account and that was that:D

:lol: not surprised he was peeved. I'd pay too in that case. I know some people never want to pay for streaming services, but it's soo different to a couple of decades ago when the only way to watch stuff outside the US was to download from unofficial sources.

shaina
11-04-2018, 04:31 PM

:lol: not surprised he was peeved. I'd pay too in that case. I know some people never want to pay for streaming services, but it's soo different to a couple of decades ago when the only way to watch stuff outside the US was to download from unofficial sources.

Not really nQQ....
Those days it was as easy as a DNS change for everything, now they block that. And the Canadian Amazon selection of stuff has gotten a bit better, but compared to the Yankees, yup it is still shit.....

anon
11-04-2018, 10:55 PM
As long as pirate sites don't have to worry about bullshit like licensing restrictions or payment processing, they will always be superior. Grooveshark was so much better than Spotify :(

shaina
11-04-2018, 11:35 PM
As long as pirate sites don't have to worry about bullshit like licensing restrictions or payment processing, they will always be superior. Grooveshark was so much better than Spotify :(

But isn't that the reason why they get shut down or have shitty stuff to view?? And i will add reliability as well??

Netflix, Amazon, etc. are reliable, because you are paying for a better services:)

It was the same as Xbox LIve vs PS3-4?? You pay and the reliability is there or the site/service for sure never lasts......

Markdc123
11-05-2018, 05:20 AM
Hi,
talking about some good movies on Netflix....you can watch 1922 and cargo....yreally mind-boggling.

nQQ
11-05-2018, 09:24 AM
Around the Millenium with Bittorrent overtaking such as emule in popularity there was lots of views of why the growth in piracy was happening. Surveys showed that there was a significant portion on this side of the pond doing it to access content they could not get otherwise. TV series would take an age to be shown over here, films had staged releases with weeks before it was released over here. You couldn't go round a car boot without seeing several stalls with cases full of pirated DVD, many of films not available in the UK. It says a lot if people were going each week and BUYING copies so the family could watch during the week - it wasn't about trying to download stuff for free but the need to get new content to view.

Netflix/Amazon/etc have changed it by providing tons of content for a relatively low price. Not only endless shows for the family to watch but they also put money into headlining stuff to pull in more subscribers.

Gribley
11-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Not only endless shows for the family to watch but they also put money into headlining stuff to pull in more subscribers.

But you can pull any series off a torrent. I didn`t like House because of Hughes shitty American accent but I d/l all 8 series a few weeks ago and binged. Did I need a flix or ammo account? Easy watching is fine for parents but us youngsters can hunt our own ;)

Tokeman
11-05-2018, 10:07 PM
I miss blockbuster....

nQQ
11-06-2018, 12:57 AM
Not only endless shows for the family to watch but they also put money into headlining stuff to pull in more subscribers.

But you can pull any series off a torrent. I didn`t like House because of Hughes shitty American accent but I d/l all 8 series a few weeks ago and binged. Did I need a flix or ammo account? Easy watching is fine for parents but us youngsters can hunt our own ;) Never said this stuff wasn't available through torrents, you miss the point. There were a lot of people who grabbed stuff via torrents because that was the only way and many of them have gone to legal streaming TV - probably best as they probably closed torrents down once they'd grabbed. The path of least resistance, pay to subscribe, don't have to worry about hiding your location.

Tokeman
11-06-2018, 03:46 AM
But you can pull any series off a torrent. I didn`t like House because of Hughes shitty American accent but I d/l all 8 series a few weeks ago and binged. Did I need a flix or ammo account? Easy watching is fine for parents but us youngsters can hunt our own ;) Never said this stuff wasn't available through torrents, you miss the point. There were a lot of people who grabbed stuff via torrents because that was the only way and many of them have gone to legal streaming TV - probably best as they probably closed torrents down once they'd grabbed. The path of least resistance, pay to subscribe, don't have to worry about hiding your location.

Except that individually the off the cord options are way overly complicated for the average joe cable user - though torrents aren't that hard to grasp, all your stuff on one site, one place. Sounds familliar and cozy.

We've been trying to cut the cord here forever. Only 1 problem person and they can't grasp using multiple services etc.

Path of least resistance indeed. That is usually Cable or Torrents :P

nQQ
11-06-2018, 08:13 AM
Does bing viewing detract from the experience. Downloading/streaming multiple seasons is the new thing, no more do you find a new thing and it keep you entertained over the season, but now its bing view and then next .... Don't get me wrong I do it too, spend a whole weekend watching episode upon episode, and streaming services release whole seasons at a time now. Still, there are a few shows that are still on the old format (though I now tend to grab in batches and watch a few in quick succession)

Gribley
11-06-2018, 11:18 AM
Does bing viewing detract from the experience.
From the House experience I did get very bored of Williams, Fungal infections and the odd cancer.... seriously every episode involved major organ failures which were all reversed with some steroids or similar in the end. When watched in a batch you see the limitations of a series and hope the comedy elements can cancel out the same ol' feeling.

Still wasn`t at all bad, no Boston Legal but still had good comedy elements per ep.

anon
11-07-2018, 09:52 PM
But isn't that the reason why they get shut down or have shitty stuff to view?? And i will add reliability as well??

I meant as far as the user experience is concerned, but you are correct. Finding hosting that tolerates your activities, getting the server bills paid and staying afloat is challenging. That's why most streaming sites are filled to the brim with advertisements or don't last long. Well, to be more accurate, and don't last long...

But you can pull any series off a torrent. I didn`t like House because of Hughes shitty American accent but I d/l all 8 series a few weeks ago and binged. Did I need a flix or ammo account? Easy watching is fine for parents but us youngsters can hunt our own ;)

I'm amazed you had the patience for that. I found House to be really, really, really repetitive and dropped out by season 4. The occasional story arcs (like the cop who kept harassing House, or the thing with the stained floor carpet) didn't make a difference.

Gribley
11-08-2018, 06:01 AM
II found House to be really, really, really repetitive and dropped out by season 4. The occasional story arcs (like the cop who kept harassing House, or the thing with the stained floor carpet) didn't make a difference.

You should catch the last episode at least, maybe last couple of season 8. Chirpy china girl is a strain on anyone's nerves but they do end the show which makes a nice change. I am starting now to watch shows in reverse order.... SG-1 got much better that way around :)

MacGyverSG1
11-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Most TV shows get worse as they go on, so watching them in reverse the episodes get better. Some shows need the first season to find their feet, but after that they really shine. The problem is the writers usually run out of ideas and the quality goes downhill. When there is still a ton of money to make, shows will continue when they should really end. Look at CSI, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Friends, Two and A Half Men, Smallville, and many more I can't think of right now.

Mawex
12-19-2018, 03:09 PM
The best place I've ever been on the internet is netflix and still remain my favorite place on the internet. I've watched lot of movies on netflix but I get annoyed over something and that things was I've to pay to use it every month.

anon
12-20-2018, 01:15 AM
The best place I've ever been on the internet is netflix and still remain my favorite place on the internet. I've watched lot of movies on netflix but I get annoyed over something and that things was I've to pay to use it every month.

https://thepiratebay.org/

nQQ
12-20-2018, 08:49 AM

https://thepiratebay.org/

A VPN may be required

Gribley
12-20-2018, 02:52 PM
You can do the endless trial technique with an "online" only credit card (destroy and make a new one each time) and a disposable email.... but really it is just hassle and if you torrent or nntp your downloads you don`t need it anyone and it is more for family to be able to access stuff without bothering you ;)

getStefano
01-14-2019, 07:11 PM
Movie library is mostly old content. Very nostalgic.

IdolEyes787
01-15-2019, 12:40 AM

Netflix can suck my dick. Not as much as Amazon can suck my dick but it can still suck my dick.

MacGyverSG1
01-16-2019, 12:33 PM

Netflix can suck my dick. Not as much as Amazon can suck my dick but it can still suck my dick.

What if one sucks your dick while the other sucks your balls, at the same time?

nQQ
01-18-2019, 06:41 PM

What if one sucks your dick while the other sucks your balls, at the same time? I can see why you chose your avatar :lol:

Sovikos
01-30-2019, 12:00 AM
Nope

Robson
02-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Watching in Netflix is really enjoying. I have watched a few movies. Nice experience it was. LOL!

ParcelTrack
08-16-2019, 03:17 AM
:lol:

cckwokchun
08-30-2019, 12:50 AM
I am only sharing netflix account with friends. Not worth paying it just myself

esp2000
08-30-2019, 03:36 PM
There are some good shows on there. May dump it now that the Marvel shows have been cancelled.

Blackhat
09-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Calibre (2018). An excellent thriller set in the Scottish Highlands.

danny_01
09-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Netflix is a streaming service that allows our members to watch a wide variety of award-winning TV shows, movies, documentaries, and more on thousands of internet-connected devices. ... There's always something new to discover, and more TV shows and movies are added every month!

Radical_Rat
09-05-2019, 03:07 PM
Good movie selection updated monthly, USA has a better selection than Canada

shaina
09-05-2019, 03:36 PM
Good movie selection updated monthly, USA has a better selection than Canada

You are right in most cases R/R, too bad you can't use the VPN or Manual Mac address change anymore:cry:

anon
09-05-2019, 09:27 PM
Manual Mac address change

I know VPNs, I know DNS services that resolve Netflix domains to US-hosted reverse proxies, but have never heard about using MAC spoofing to access georestricted content. How did that work?

shaina
09-06-2019, 01:47 AM
Manual Mac address change

I know VPNs, I know DNS services that resolve Netflix domains to US-hosted reverse proxies, but have never heard about using MAC spoofing to access georestricted content. How did that work?

Again my mistake Anon i meant DNS not Mac.. Do you know a way to still do it?? As far as i know they are still blocking it...

I think this link is phony??

https://privatevpn.com/blog/entertainment/244/how-to-watch-american-netflix-in-canada-in-2019

And here is another one that is crap but advertises , netflix blocks them......

https://www.vpnmentor.com/popular/unblock-netflix-if-you-reside-outside-the-us/?keyword=+get%20+american%20+netflix%20+in%20+canada&geo=9000797&device=&keyword=+get%20+american%20+netflix%20+in%20+canada&campaignID=1571553564&matchtype=b&adgroupID=58602035250&adpos=1t2&extension=&kwd=kwd-494231159882&location=&geo=9000797&matchtype=b&device=&ad=316737510941&placement=&adposition=1t2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvLHH-Yi75AIVjojICh1c0wt6EAAYAiAAEgJjYvD_BwE

anon
09-06-2019, 02:55 AM
To my knowledge, what to do is checking who's streaming from a datacenter IP, or from an address shared by other customers, perhaps complemented by a simple port scan to confirm suspicions. This means the tricks still work in principle, but any provider offering them to the public (for free or for a fee) will eventually get "caught".

If you're able to rent a server in the United States, set up a proxy or VPN there and use it for yourself only, that should work.

shaina
09-06-2019, 03:38 AM
If you're able to rent a server in the United States, set up a proxy or VPN there and use it for yourself only, that should work.

Actually in theory and reality i could do this with my mother in-laws place in Florida, believe it or not i just don't have the password/login for the ISP/Cable there. I never remember it or forget to write it down when i am there:slap:
And my Netflix account works everywhere, i know that because i use it there, and that is even more dumb that my Canadian subscription/account works there, i just assume because it sees that it is a US ip address i am logging in with and it works, the question now is?? Can i change the DNS to Xfinity in Canada, and will it work:unsure:

anon
09-07-2019, 02:45 AM
Actually in theory and reality i could do this with my mother in-laws place in Florida, believe it or not i just don't have the password/login for the ISP/Cable there. I never remember it or forget to write it down when i am there:slap:

What username and password are you talking about?

Anyway, running a proxy on her connection (a secure one with authentication, on a high port, and with DDNS so that you can actually find and use it) would work in principle. Thing is, I'm not sure the upload speed would be good enough to stream anything higher than 720p for a single person; also, most providers have a "don't host any kind of servers" policy.

And my Netflix account works everywhere, i know that because i use it there, and that is even more dumb that my Canadian subscription/account works there, i just assume because it sees that it is a US ip address i am logging in with and it works, the question now is?? Can i change the DNS to Xfinity in Canada, and will it work:unsure:

No, the DNS trick didn't work that way. What those services did is running a DNS server that resolves Netflix domains to reverse proxies of their own, and everything else normally. Then, when you typed www.netflix.com in your browser, you'd actually be redirected to a proxy that operates in the United States and thus gets (and gives you) the US version of the site.

A "normal" DNS server won't do this; in fact, most ISP-run ones block requests from other providers and countries in the interest of security.

shaina
09-07-2019, 02:57 AM
What username and password are you talking about?

Oh i was talking about signing into Xfinity, you can use it basically as ITV, and good thing they have there in Florida is u can actually sign in everywhere, they have hot spots for internet......

So really there is no work around??

sinew10
09-07-2019, 03:18 AM
I honestly can't think of a good Netflix movie. They're all just ok. Pick one and try to watch it. If you don't like it, pick a different one. And now you know...

shaina
09-07-2019, 03:22 AM
I honestly can't think of a good Netflix movie. They're all just ok. Pick one and try to watch it. If you don't like it, pick a different one. And now you know...

I assume you are talking Netflix originals?? They actually do have some good exclusive TV series/documentaries

anon
09-07-2019, 03:23 AM
Oh i was talking about signing into Xfinity, you can use it basically as ITV, and good thing they have there in Florida is u can actually sign in everywhere, they have hot spots for internet......

I'm not acquainted with that, so you'll have to give it a try.

https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020

With one of these and a couple hours of work, you could try setting up your private proxy next time you visit the sunshine state. Maybe it won't work as bad as I thought :) In a worst-case scenario, you'll be around 15 to 20 dollars short and still have a minirouter that could be useful for future projects.

shaina
09-07-2019, 03:36 AM
I'm not acquainted with that, so you'll have to give it a try.

https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3020

With one of these and a couple hours of work, you could try setting up your private proxy next time you visit the sunshine state. Maybe it won't work as bad as I thought :) In a worst-case scenario, you'll be around 15 to 20 dollars short and still have a minirouter that could be useful for future projects.

Well that ain't going to work, First off i would have to add this router (I assume), to the modem/router that Xfinity supplies, and when i leave if something fucks up!!! I will never hear the end of it from my Mother inlaw:fear:, she is there for 2 more months after i leave.....

Edit: And ya you did send me something a while back, but it wanted me to modify the CPU somehow and that i don't want to play with/fuck up to be honest.. I would be looking for something like when you google search and there are 10 tips to speed up your PC.. but the tricks that actually you never really see posted, if you know what i mean:)

And ya it is the same with my Cable here i can sign into my account and watch it through the internet, but they don't have the hot spots for internet yet??

anon
09-07-2019, 04:00 AM
Well that ain't going to work, First off i would have to add this router (I assume), to the modem/router that Xfinity supplies, and when i leave if something fucks up!!! I will never hear the end of it from my Mother inlaw:fear:, she is there for 2 more months after i leave.....

No pain, no gain... though I suppose mothers-in-law can be complicated animals :turned:

Edit: And ya you did send me something a while back, but it wanted me to modify the CPU somehow and that i don't want to play with/fuck up to be honest.. I would be looking for something like when you google search and there are 10 tips to speed up your PC.. but the tricks that actually you never really see posted, if you know what i mean:)

I'm talking about 3812653

shaina
09-07-2019, 04:20 AM
I'm talking about 3812653

Funny a dildo is useful Anon, just ask Idol:), Again i didn't really read the post properly....

Actually that sounds Great!!, and i really would appreciate that, I will PM you an Email address buddy if you need it...

When it comes to all of my PC's/Laptop's, I don't do anything special.. So bare minimum setup doesn't scare me, i could guarantee you do more crap than i do buddy;)

And thanks again for your help Anon, it is always appreciated....

ncfbraiders
01-20-2020, 04:31 PM
Netflix movies are hit n miss. I do like the standup comedy specials tho