PDA

View Full Version : Rpg Games

raiserblade2003
11-26-2003, 05:11 PM
right now im shopping for some rpg game. which would u recommend. i've already got morrowind and all the expansion for that game (hehe kazaa). i dont find paying fees to play ffxi , so i dont care about the monthly fees. so what u guys reconmend.

and do u guys think a fx5200 128mb would handle ffxi or should i get a ti4200 64mb?

P.S. i dont like games like neverwinter (fast pace realtime rpg) i like it slow like morrowind or ffxi.

Benno
11-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Gothic 2 is a great game

Haz
11-26-2003, 05:53 PM
Well your set then if you don't mind the monthly fees to play FFXi, that will probably hold you over for a long while :) And FFX-2 is coming out (or is it already out) so you could try that.

raiserblade2003
11-26-2003, 06:46 PM
isnt ffx-2 for ps2 though? i only have pc and xbox ;) :(

Haz
11-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Oh I thought you meant any sytem/console rpg, well for X-box and PC theres Star Wars: Knights of the old republic, thats supposed to be really good I heard. don't know because I don't own an Xbox, and I don't think my PC could handle that game but you can check it out. :)

Cheese
11-26-2003, 08:02 PM
Temple of Elemental Evil is worth a look, not the greatest RPG ever but still quite good. :D

Kenny1036
11-28-2003, 05:04 AM
Diablo 2, Old but GOOD!!! :D

Jay
11-28-2003, 05:45 AM
final fantasy XI came out for PC, heard it was good, might want to try that

MagicNakor
11-28-2003, 07:03 AM
Uh..Daggerfall, if you want Morrowind-type goodness.

Some of the Ultima series aren't too bad.

Wizardry series is pretty good, if a little level-based.

Gothic and Gothic 2 are fairly decent, but difficult to find. I don't know if the US version of 2 has shipped yet.

:ninja:

Benno
11-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@28 November 2003 - 08:03

Gothic and Gothic 2 are fairly decent, but difficult to find. I don't know if the US version of 2 has shipped yet.

Its out for sure i've seen it on suprnova

Theres on up now but I dont know if it in english or german

MagicNakor do you know where I can get a any of the wizardry games, it looks great but I have never seen it to download nor have I seen it in the stores here :(

MagicNakor
11-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Amazon has them. Pretty darn cheap too.

:ninja:

Chame1eon
11-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Diablo I is good, but really simple with no real plot and it’s old.
IMO All of the baulders gate games are good, exept icewind dale which is really short and too linear. I think the best one is baulders gatre 2 with the epansion. It ia really big non-linear (you can do all of the quets or just some and it changes depending of you class), the interface is good and the plot is pretty good too. (if you intall the epansion before you start i t will add features to bothy games. Bauldres gate one is good, but after you've played the second one the first will seem kinda slow.
If you want a different kind of game neverwinter nights is good. it is newer, 3d and you play as one charachter with a henchman instead of a whole party like you do in the other baulders gate games. This one is also pretty long and non-linear and there is one espansion now and a new one coming out. Suprnova has both, but i bought them. These should keep you buisy for a long time. :)