PDA

View Full Version : Best antivirus for iphone and android mobiles

StephanieChew
02-11-2019, 04:59 AM
Looking or best antivirus for our iphone and android mobiles.

MacGyverSG1
02-13-2019, 12:31 PM
All of the major PC AntiVirus companies have software for phones. I would assume they use the same database for detection.

anon
02-13-2019, 10:45 PM
The Nokia 1100 didn't need no antivirus :snooty: And neither will you if you're careful, but I am told Eset's stuff is good.

shaina
02-13-2019, 11:35 PM
The Nokia 1100 didn't need no antivirus :snooty: And neither will you if you're careful, but I am told Eset's stuff is good.

anon
02-14-2019, 12:23 AM

NSA-proof, at least ;)

IdolEyes787
02-14-2019, 12:31 AM
I would help but I actually want all the mobile phones to become infected with malware. :)

shaina
02-14-2019, 07:05 AM
I would help but I actually want all the mobile phones to become infected with malware. :)

:noes:

Gribley
02-14-2019, 04:13 PM
It is like asking should I use Interferon for my WinUAE install :S

If you root your Android then use TWRP to do a system/boot/data dump then when your malware infects system and you fail dm-verity you can just restore it and let google sync it back. But why would you let unknown apps have root access anyway?

iPhone just restore it from a previous iTunes backup and don`t bother with JB anymore unless they update GameGem or LocalAppStore. Not sure there is much point otherwise.

Anti-virus on a phone is pointless unless you deserve to be hijacked and just like to install any old APK and ignore the security warnings.

shaina
02-14-2019, 04:50 PM
It is like asking should I use Interferon for my WinUAE install :S
If you root your Android then use TWRP to do a system/boot/data dump then when your malware infects system and you fail dm-verity you can just restore it and let google sync it back. But why would you let unknown apps have root access anyway?
iPhone just restore it from a previous iTunes backup and don`t bother with JB anymore unless they update GameGem or LocalAppStore. Not sure there is much point otherwise.
Anti-virus on a phone is pointless unless you deserve to be hijacked and just like to install any old APK and ignore the security warnings.

In my opinion Gribley, the reason why some mobile phones would need antivirus is for cross platforms... Eg. Most Mac/Apple users don't give a crap what they download or sites they go to, they think they are virus repellent , and before that was a sales gimmick to sell Mac shit!!,so now they plug there I-phones into a Win PC for something and bang!!!! The PC is massively infected with shit...
Now when it comes to Linux/Android cell phones, I am not sure how it affects cross platforms ??:unsure:

Again just my opinion, even know I have had to reinstall windows on some of my friends PC because of this issue;)

Gribley
02-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Likewise these are just my ramblings and have no real weight... virus stuff is way too hyped up. Bad enough on a PC/MAC but now you probably need one for your IoT fridge :S whatever sells the software

An android phone app that managed to put a payload back to a PC, interesting idea but short of having a WinPE EXE/SCR/COM that was just a download from the phone and then copied across without any thought of checking before the old dbl-click on the Win machine. I`m not sure how it could push a file but I guess custom HTC, Samsung etc drivers might have some kind of listener service in their bundle crappy tools that could be exploited but doubt it. As for iPhone I did`t think there is anyway to toast recovery mode unless Big A blocks the device itself... however I lost interest is IOS after my iPhone 4S so I`m not exactly current.

Just having a little rant since it has been a while since I posted last :)

MacGyverSG1
02-15-2019, 11:20 AM

I'm with you there.:w00t:

Tam
07-13-2019, 06:48 AM
vipre for android.

Ihino
03-01-2020, 11:43 AM
None, you don't need an antivirus on a phone. You also don't need one on Windows, Defender has everything you need.

anon
03-03-2020, 11:58 AM
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/216616-removal-instructions-for-adups/

This method works on all Android systems I've tested and can uninstall anything, no rooting required. Especially useful on budget phones and anything from lesser-known brands.

You may ask what this has to do with the thread topic; the answer is that many devices are bundled with malware (ADUPS, com.system.update, Moto, Facebook Stub) and they get away with it because preinstalled apps are explicitly trusted by most security software. Even when they aren't, nothing can be done to remove or disable them without root access (unless you use the above method).

mixenzb
03-14-2020, 07:47 PM
I use eset nod32 on my Moto E4 Plus. It works as well as anything else out there and doesn't nag you when using the free edition.

sophiesaelig
06-11-2020, 07:40 AM
how about avast mobile security