PDA

View Full Version : What Is Acdsee32.exe

freedomseeker
02-12-2003, 06:40 AM
I'm trying to run a zip file and i get the message that i don't have the acdsee32 program. Is this a program that is part of windows.
Regardless, how can i obtain it. Also, what is a zip file and why do you unzip it? thanks:)

zapjb
02-12-2003, 07:52 AM
I'll go with what I know. A zip file is a compressed file. Just throwing out fake #s here. Say a file is 10 MB. Zipping or compressing will reduce it's size to 5 MB. (like I said bs #s for example only) You need a program such as WinZip or WinRar or others to unzip (decompress) it. :)

RPerry
02-12-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by freedomseeker@12 February 2003 - 01:40
I'm trying to run a zip file and i get the message that i don't have the acdsee32 program. Is this a program that is part of windows.
Regardless, how can i obtain it. Also, what is a zip file and why do you unzip it? thanks:)
I belive Acdsee is a program, but nothing to do with windows. I had this once, think it was a viewer program...

chirpyboy
02-12-2003, 09:06 AM
ACDSee is a multi-featured picture viewing program. Probably the best one around. Their website is: www.acdsystems.com

freedomseeker
02-12-2003, 10:42 AM
thanks guys:) i downloaded winzip. i saw acd being advertised for $29.

Phil_123
02-14-2003, 09:43 AM
1. IrfanView is more powerful than ACDSee.. and it's freeware
2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not another WinZIP user... get WinRAR, it's so much better than WinZIP
http://www.rarlab.com/

sosseres
02-14-2003, 09:52 AM
Nice to know their homepage now, after using it for over a year. :)

Supernatural
02-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Winrar's only advantage is that it supports *.rar files and Winzip doesn't. I actually prefer Winzip. It seems faster than winrar to me.

Leech_Killer
02-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Supernatural@14 February 2003 - 10:59
Winrar's only advantage is that it supports *.rar files and Winzip doesn't. I actually prefer Winzip. It seems faster than winrar to me.
WinRar compresses more than Winzip and you can easily make self-extracting files with it. It beats Winzip hands down. :P

ACDSee is a viewing program you can get a trail version from here:-

http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/index.htm

markje
02-14-2003, 01:03 PM
If you want to know anything about a program the first step you can take is to go to the site Downloads (http://download.com.com/).
This is one of the best ( legal ) download sites available. Just type the name of the programs and you'll have a 90% chance that you'll find information there

l0lapx
02-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Hi Can anyone help [I will try the links mentioned before]

Maybe someone can help me. I installed ACDSee - I wanted to be able to convert images to Icons - so I uninstalled it.

All my images are still associated and my system keeps asking for it to open the images.

I have tried reinstalling Thumbsplus and associated all the images to it.

Tested it, and when I save the image it shows the Thumbs Icon but when I go to the folder it is still associated with ACDSee and I cannot view any of my images

Thanks Guys

imported_QuietSilence!
02-28-2003, 02:18 PM
highlite by clicking 1 time the file u want to use with thumbs plus then right click it with the shift button held down this will put an extra option in the dropdown menu called "open with" click that and it will ask u what program u want to open the file with. select thumbs plus and check the all way use this program to open this file type box click ok the next time u open a file of that type it will open with thumbs plus
u will have to do it too every file type that u want to associate with thumbs

next time use the uninstall controle panel to remove ur programes (ie ACDsee) and u wont have this problem
thou it is possable that u did this but if u installed XP overtop of another os the uninstall prograg may not of worked this is another reasion to do a clean install of xp when u install it