PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts about the biggest video game tournaments?

camW00dS
07-12-2019, 12:12 PM
What do you think about the monsters among esports championships, such as dota's The International (https://dotabetz.com/the-international-2019/) or csgo Major? Do you watch them?
And, well. Is it worth its unbelievable prize pool? (half a way it has already risen to $26M+, comparing to 2018 $25M pool)

MacGyverSG1
07-12-2019, 03:51 PM
I don't believe in the term esports. Sitting in front of a computer is not a sport. Why would people want to watch other people play a game on a PC or console. More boring than watching golf.

IdolEyes787
07-12-2019, 04:12 PM
It's as much a sport as auto racing as both require almost the identical skills of dexterity and and the ability to concentrate, especially under pressure. In the lexicon of what is truly defines sport for me though I think both fall far short on the required physicality.

To answer the orginal question though, these people all need to die a slow and preferably painful death along with YouTube "stars", social media influencers and the person who orginally thought up the idea of remaking all the classic Disney cartoons as live action.

MacGyverSG1
07-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Auto racing is not a sport either. At least you do need to be in decent shape to auto race. You can be a fat shit and still game.

IdolEyes787
07-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Auto racing is a very expensive commerical for cars. Nothing more, nothing less. Unlike e-sports tournaments the mere thought of it doesn't make me want to kill all involved though so at least there's that.

shaina
07-13-2019, 12:04 AM
Auto racing is a very expensive commerical for cars. Nothing more, nothing less. Unlike e-sports tournaments the mere thought of it doesn't make me want to kill all involved though so at least there's that.

Speaking of racing.....
Just got home from Indy in the am and golfing in the afternoon:happy:

anon
07-13-2019, 04:31 AM
What do you think about the monsters among esports championships, such as dota's The International (https://dotabetz.com/the-international-2019/) or csgo Major? Do you watch them?

Nah, I don't even like DotA, LoL and their clones :stuart:

Since MacGyver brought up the subject of watching people play videogames, I will say I do enjoy watching speedruns of classic games. It's amazing how quickly some of them can be completed once you know what you have to do. Tool-assisted runs in particular are full of "impossible" plays and exploit abuses that are very interesting to see, and often make you wonder "just how would someone even discover this!?".

megabyteme
07-13-2019, 08:39 AM
Auto racing is not a sport either. At least you do need to be in decent shape to auto race. You can be a fat shit and still game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAgZlgn8XEE

IdolEyes787
07-13-2019, 01:10 PM

Speaking of racing.....
Just got home from Indy in the am and golfing in the afternoon:happy:

Watching the Toronto Indy in person is like voluntarily subjecting yourself to torture. Standing for hours on a hot patch of shadeless concrete while 130 decibles are constantly blasted in your ears. If they had that in SERE training no one would pass. :no: