PDA

View Full Version : NZB posts and length of validity

neverwake021
08-30-2019, 07:26 AM
Normally I can download content with my usenet provider without an issue, as long as I begin the download not more than a day or two after it has been posted. Does everyone have this issue, or should I try another usenet provider? My downloads just don't have enough files to repair everything missing if I download anything posted more that a couple days ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MacGyverSG1
08-30-2019, 11:28 AM
It depends on what you are downloading. Illegal stuff posted out in the open will get taken down quickly. The hidden stuff will last longer.

Again, a topic that should be kept from public eyes.

anon
08-30-2019, 04:41 PM
Takedowns have been an issue for many years now. You have to either grab everything quickly enough (ideally autodownload), have an account on those secret indexers where obfuscated and passworded stuff is shared, or hold a subscription to a second Usenet provider that's less receptive to takedowns and allows you to fill the missing gaps. More details are available on many threads in this section.

vidjibear
08-30-2019, 06:26 PM
It all depends on how diligent the content owner is about takedowns. Sometimes older content that is reposted lasts longer because the owner is not actively policing it.

MacGyverSG1
08-30-2019, 10:11 PM
HBO stuff is the worst. Only hours after being posted it will be down.