PDA

View Full Version : UK Election 2019

shaina
12-13-2019, 04:48 AM
The Conservatives win the Majority in a landslide :D

Seeing the results , what does it really mean?? Other than the people of the UK saying goodbye to the EU??

Cabby.. Viewing the Pound, the value seems to be going up, why is that happening:)

shaina
12-13-2019, 06:04 PM
What Cabby, no comment on the UK election??

If you think about it really, it may benefit the US, more jobs, direct Trading and not have to deal with the EU crap??

What do you think;)

IdolEyes787
12-13-2019, 08:39 PM
What Cabby, no comment on the UK election??

I think it's another alarming sign that the World is moving ever closer to another major war.

The rise of isolationism will do the planet in if ill informed voters decide to continue down this path.

Not that India has ever been a shining example of anything but .....

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/12/12/21010975/india-muslim-citizenship-bill-national-register

If Trump wins another term which seems ever increasingly likely, I'm buying a cabin in the wilderness off the grid and moving there. No joke.

IdolEyes787
12-13-2019, 08:40 PM
Don't come at me, Shay. You won't like the result.

IdolEyes787
12-13-2019, 08:42 PM
Personally I'm just trying to hang in there until Letterkenny S08 and the Witcher come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ARGBrsM_Js

shaina
12-13-2019, 10:03 PM
Don't come at me, Shay. You won't like the result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLh-ZoV0aUI

shaina
12-13-2019, 10:10 PM
I think it's another alarming sign that the World is moving ever closer to another major war.

The rise of isolationism will do the planet in if ill informed voters decide to continue down this path.

If Trump wins another term which seems ever increasingly likely, I'm buying a cabin in the wilderness off the grid and moving there. No joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

You know Idol, i do know you have a brain that sits on your shoulders, and not below your waist, but one day you just may get it, there is not such thing as a honest politician;)..

Saying that... Now the majority of times you have to choose the better of the litter that suits your needs if the agenda/policy is followed, and i am not talking fantasies that just aren't possible. When you get that maybe when you do make comments about politics they will have validity:)

If you study the US elections in 2016 and or payed attention to the UK election, all the answers are right there starring at you.. And it will be the same here in Canada , the next election...

And really ask yourself this... If you voted for someone and only 50% of the country agreed with you, is the other half going to be happy?? Why don't you ever think of that;). You are never going to please everyone, so now you have to make sure the economy is strong, because everyone is always happy about that:)

IdolEyes787
12-13-2019, 10:56 PM
From the extremely limited understanding I have of the UK elections, opposition leader Corbyn was extremely disliked and the turn-out by the Middle class was down in numbers so I don't think you can predict what might happen in the States from that. Unless you are predicting 2016 again.

As for honest politicians my belief would be that there are some but they just don't tend to progress very far. Sort of like one honest cop in a precinct where everyone else in on the take.

IdolEyes787
12-13-2019, 11:01 PM

Sadly I seem to be the student of history that you are not.

Look at the factors leading up to WWII and tell me we aren't witnessing the same things going on now. You better pray the US doesn't fall into a major depression or we may all be good and fucked.

shaina
12-13-2019, 11:24 PM
From the extremely limited understanding I have of the UK elections, opposition leader Corbyn was extremely disliked and the turn-out by the Middle class was down in numbers so I don't think you can predict what might happen in the States from that. Unless you are predicting 2016 again.

You see again think of the elephant, this was a bigger voter turnout than the last election, so you are wrong again , and you are correct that the Corbyn was disliked, but not by everyone, they still got 203 seats Idol, the Green Party there got one LOL!!. Just the same a party in the US or Canada, that is my point. And if you did follow any of the UK elections, you would also know that this has not happened in many many years, and even know Left wing people will use the excuse of Brexit, and that is debunked because the majority of people usually vote for the Labour Party the last elections. But because of there far left agenda/policies people just couldn't vote for the party. Truth!!! , a lot of voters didn't want the Conservative Party, but had no choice to vote for them. Again the same with the Democratic party in the US and the NDP party in Canada are just too radical for Moderate voters

I know that if a party wins a majority, people like there policies, and want them implemented, i hope you can agree with that Idol;), now there is a minority that is not going to be happy as well, you agree with that Idol;)

As for honest politicians my belief would be that there are some but they just don't tend to progress very far. Sort of like one honest cop in a precinct where everyone else in on the take.

And comments like that are just ridiculous, stop watching episodes of The Shield :) And another truth, The Green party leader was pretty honest, but there policies are just retarded as well. I will take a dishonest party leader and if he gets the parties agenda/polices done, that is what i voted him/her in to do.

shaina
12-13-2019, 11:44 PM

Sadly I seem to be the student of history that you are not.

Look at the factors leading up to WWII and tell me we aren't witnessing the same things going on now. You better pray the US doesn't fall into a major depression or we may all be good and fucked.

So you are wishing bad there Lefty;)... There would have to be something really drastic to change the up slope of the economy in the US, really we should be worrying about home here, we are losing jobs while the US is booming!!!. Hopefully the USMCA will help us once it is implemented..

And if there is ever a war, it will never be at home or the US it will be in the Middle East.. The only war is the Left Wing Shitbags that want to fuck up the best economy that the US has had in fucking years!!! You know it it true because you never hear any Democrat or Left Wing news outlet talk about the economy;)..
Funny i saw a blurp on MSNBC for the first time they admitted that the Economy is fantastic!!!..

You can think what you want Idol, i don't care, but i can tell you that the Democrats don't have a candidate that can beat Trump, and it is fact that there has never been a President voted out by the people when there is a strong economy. Do you really think this Impeachment crap has any validity??..
I can't stand Trump Idol but the fucking guy knows what he is doing. No real politician could do what he is doing. Take him out of your mind and just see how the US is doing, and really forget about the noise of a few Left wingers. The truth i can't wait to see the increase of votes from Black and Hispanic Americans he will get.
Really buddy i don't believe in poles and all that shit, because Moderate and Conservative voters just don't advertise how they are voting. The loud ones and they are a small amount are the Left Wing nutjobs!!!..

One thing you got right is unless there is a Moderate Democrat that wins the nomination, it will be a extreme landslide for Trump. New York and California votes doesn't win you an election;)

Mr. Mulder
12-13-2019, 11:59 PM
Some cunts came to my door the other day asking who I'd vote for, I told them to do one! A) I'm not registered and B) I was just about to do a massive shit.

shaina
12-14-2019, 01:06 AM
Some cunts came to my door the other day asking who I'd vote for, I told them to do one! A) I'm not registered and B) I was just about to do a massive shit.

Is that your pleasant way of saying bugger/piss/fuck off:)

Where Canadians being polite people would say "get the fuck off my property", and just thinking about this, the only person that actually came to my door was a PC representative, to me that seems racists:unsure:

What i do get more often, is Jehovah Witnesses, anytime they see a mezuzah (Ghost Buster) on the door frame, they think they got a shot of converting ya.....

shaina
12-14-2019, 01:08 AM
Gribley buddy, are you out there??

Gribley
12-14-2019, 04:02 AM
I like to think I am out there (and just hanging on)

Gribley
12-14-2019, 04:15 AM
Interesting that you and Idol seem to have taken more interest in our joke that was an election. It is done, we have a Muppet to (continue) guide us. I had all of 4 options (green, libdem. lab or cons) they all sucked.

shaina
12-14-2019, 05:20 AM
Interesting that you and Idol seem to have taken more interest in our joke that was an election. It is done, we have a Muppet to (continue) guide us. I had all of 4 options (green, libdem. lab or cons) they all sucked.

You wont get and argument from me buddy, you are entitled to your opinion, thank G-D you have that right in the UK, and whoever you chose is for your reasons, like you said out of a bunch of shit...
The big question i would ask you, is no matter who is in running your country, how much does it affect or change your life?? And is it so bad you are defecting to Russia:lol:
I hope all is well and that is not the case my friend:)

shaina
12-14-2019, 05:41 AM
I like to think I am out there (and just hanging on)

You know Gribley, i keep reading this over and over and i still have this in my mind....

shaina
12-14-2019, 06:53 AM
These 2 Gearbox's really know there shit;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKqMNDoR4o

Gribley
12-15-2019, 07:13 AM
.... And is it so bad you are defecting to Russia:lol:

Not a fan of potato vodka so probably not

j2k4
12-16-2019, 02:02 AM
Keep us posted.

I hope to continue hearing that post-globalism is taking root around the world.