PDA

View Full Version : Secure Connection Failed

Gregg987
02-25-2020, 07:09 PM
Edit: In the time it took to write and submit the below, the Secure Connection is back to normal. Figures, huh?

Never seen this message before. I was in NZBs, having clicked the box to fetch an NZB. The Internet is definitely not fast today. The above error message came up, with additional text: "The connection to filesharingtalk.com was interrupted while the page was loading... The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Learn more ..." went to
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/secure-connection-failed-firefox-did-not-connect
where the identical heading "Secure Connection Failed" seems to be the operative one, and does not give further information. Retry produced same result.

I'm wondering if the security failed because [TLA] is listening in? The browser received the data, but could not authenticate it.
Yes, I am using an older browser. If its security measures are out of date, of course it should fail in a different way.

anon
02-26-2020, 06:49 AM
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/tls-10-and-tls-11-being-retired-in-2020-by-all-major-browsers/

Since this forum only supports TLS 1.0, we'll be seeing a lot of these threads in the near future... or not, considering people won't be able to access it at all with modern browsers.

I brought this up in the staff section on June '17 but there was no response. I'll e-mail RealitY since our time is sort of running out on this one.

megabyteme
02-27-2020, 01:22 AM
:lol: You expected a reply this soon?

Caballero
02-27-2020, 06:28 AM
Man, to think how much more time I will have on my hands if I can't connect here anymore... :)

anon
02-27-2020, 06:53 AM

Hope dies last :smilie4:

He actually replied some hours ago and is looking into it.

IdolEyes787
02-27-2020, 12:39 PM
Man, to think how much more time I will have on my hands if I can't connect here anymore... :)

We've never connected.

Caballero
02-28-2020, 02:59 AM
We've never connected.

That's not what you told me the last time you gazed into my eyes...

megabyteme
02-28-2020, 06:16 AM

Hope dies last :smilie4:

He actually replied some hours ago and is looking into it.

I believe you mean: 'looking into it'.

Nice to know he's reached June 2017 in his messages.

IdolEyes787
02-28-2020, 01:18 PM
We've never connected.

That's not what you told me the last time you gazed into my eyes...

That's the spirit. After all it is your mother's greatest wish that even though you and I aren't bound by blood, you may find it in your heart to one day look beyond that and be able to call me Dad.

anon
02-29-2020, 12:04 AM
I believe you mean: 'looking into it'.

Nice to know he's reached June 2017 in his messages.

No, this time he's been fairly responsive and we're currently working to get a solution as quickly as possible.

To be fair, three years ago this wasn't as pressing of an issue as it is now :ninja:

Gregg987
02-29-2020, 07:04 PM
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/tls-10-and-tls-11-being-retired-in-2020-by-all-major-browsers/

Since this forum only supports TLS 1.0, we'll be seeing a lot of these threads in the near future... or not, considering people won't be able to access it at all with modern browsers.

I use Firefox ESR 52.9.0 on Windows XP, and it was in the NZB section that the issue came up, not in the Forum section. As noted, the problem went away after say an hour. It has not recurred. But if it eventually helps people who use up-to-date browsers (such as I do on the Other Computer), I'm glad I chimed in. Thanks to all for their contributions.

Caballero
02-29-2020, 08:40 PM
That's the spirit. After all it is your mother's greatest wish that even though you and I aren't bound by blood, you may find it in your heart to one day look beyond that and be able to call me Dad.

*Daddy!* Not dad. *Daddy!*

anon
03-03-2020, 11:55 AM
I use Firefox ESR 52.9.0 on Windows XP, and it was in the NZB section that the issue came up, not in the Forum section.

It's the same server :P

fishtsticks
03-15-2020, 06:54 PM
Firefox is cutting the cord with TLS 1.0 support, a warning now shows up when you try and enter the site.

You have to agree and let firefox use TLS 1.0 or use chrome that doesn't do this yet.

Just wanted to point this out and see if other people have the same problem. using firefox 74

Caballero
03-15-2020, 07:47 PM
Yeah, there was something like that the other day...

Katjekatj
03-16-2020, 04:32 AM
This worked for me ,

Firefox about:config

Search for TLS

anon
03-16-2020, 05:01 AM
Thanks for posting! I was going to mention that before, but didn't have the latest Firefox on me (Tor Browser is based on the ESR version which doesn't show this behavior yet), so I had no means of testing whether changing the value worked or if it still existed at all.

--ssl-version-min=tls1 would be the Chrome equivalent, also configurable via chrome://flags and group policy. Once again completely untested by me and likely to be eventually removed in any case.

Caballero
07-14-2020, 08:12 PM
Just had that message pop up again...

anon
07-23-2020, 06:38 PM
filesharingtalk.com should no longer give outdated TLS errors. The subdomains that serve static content (images, scripts) are still being worked on. As a temporary workaround, you can add this to your hosts file.

216.119.145.41 fststatic.com www.fststatic.com i.fststatic.com s.fststatic.com a.fststatic.com c.fststatic.com