PDA

View Full Version : Whats Missing

Unafraid Cheese
02-12-2003, 01:10 PM
I have down loaded the first part of LOTR part 2 Tow Towers from the varified site on here But there is no sound. I have looked through the laberinth of down loads on the Windows Med Player site and i`m lost as to what i need.

I have Divx player 5.03 also no sound on there.

it looks like the coadx i need is (postx-avi) any one know how i can sort this out.

Hugs and kisses

Unafraid Cheese :ph34r:

Unafraid Cheese
02-12-2003, 01:39 PM
:blink: now my brain is starting to hurt i have look at all there is to see on codex and all it has done is serve to utterly confuse me. please please will some one tell me in laymans turms what i need and were to find it and exactly what i have to click on the FAQ is no real help to me. I`m as thinck as a Dockers Sandwitch when it comes to stuff like this.

I have read the other posts and nothin g realy helps just adds to the confusion.

A sad and help less (pathetic)

Unafraid Cheese

CornerPocket
02-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Have you tried the latest kazaalite family member yet? K-Lite Codec Pack (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=23&t=14195). Just uninstall any codecs you may currently have on your system.

Unafraid Cheese
02-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Brilliant the K Codx pack worked oh many thanx I`m over joyed thanx :D

Unafraid Cheese B)

CornerPocket
02-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Excellent that's what we like to hear :D

jzi687
02-12-2003, 05:05 PM
what codecs does the kazaa codec pack include? Is it really necessary to uninstall all the codecs u allready have, my machine has become laberynthian like, have no ideas where all the codecs went to (I u're going to suggest searching for them, let me pre-empt u by saying that the search function of my pirated windows xp doesn't work)

And another thing, I'm really beginning to dislike win xp. supposing I wanna change to win 2000, my current win xp directory is in D: but I wanna give that away, so do I install win 2000 in C: like I would install anything elsae, or would that just fuck my pc up?

CornerPocket
02-12-2003, 05:17 PM
what codecs does the kazaa codec pack include?

Click the above link, tells you, but here is what is included:

Contents:

DivX 5.03 Pro
XviD (koepi's stable build)
DivX MPEG-4 (low and fast motion)
Microsoft MPEG-4
3ivx
Fraunhofer MPEG-2 A/V

Fraunhofer MPEG-3 Audio
Ogg Vorbis audio
DivX Windows Media Audio
AC3 Audio Decoder
MPEG Layer 2 Audio decoder

DivX AntiFreeze

Is it really necessary to uninstall all the codecs u allready have, my machine has become laberynthian like, have no ideas where all the codecs went to (I u're going to suggest searching for them, let me pre-empt u by saying that the search function of my pirated windows xp doesn't work)

If you installed codec packs, you should be able to remove via Control Panel> Add/Remove Software or via thier own uninstall feature usually in the Program Startup folder ..Start> Programs..find codec folder if one exists, if not no problem. Some codecs can cause conflict with each other.

And another thing, I'm really beginning to dislike win xp. supposing I wanna change to win 2000, my current win xp directory is in D: but I wanna give that away, so do I install win 2000 in C:
Save yourself some trouble, if you are going to do away with D:, then just reformat the entire drive and start from scratch, gives you the opportunity to clean out everything and give the drive a new shot at live.