PDA

View Full Version : Tmpgenc

BILLY-THE-FISH
11-27-2003, 10:48 PM
Can I download templates for with VCD SVCD settings (i know there's some there all ready) not just KVCD settings?
It would be nice not having to keep changing my settings for different films!

SMID
11-27-2003, 11:07 PM
tmpgenc

Load and the templates for vcd are there, you may have to browse to your tmpgenc folder.

Gre1
11-28-2003, 12:22 AM
They are already included just use the wizard and it will load the presets.

BILLY-THE-FISH
11-28-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Gre1@28 November 2003 - 01:22
They are already included just use the wizard and it will load the presets.
I know they are already some there! (as stated in my question)
but i was wondering if there are others that people have tweaked for better settings that you can download?

cheers anyhow!

ck-uk
11-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Mate they used to have some on vcdhelp awhile ago by kingfisher & a load of others,they maybe still there :D

Casper1786
11-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Reasons for modifying the Files come from length of Video per disc choice, basicly it's like this, lets say u download a video, length be 1h16m14s, now during resize on most videos u loose allot of smaller detail an some stuff become blurry, u can avoid that by usin a Higher rate, I did this for a video an used 2000CBR an 128kbit sound since the originals file sound was 128, uppin the bitrate becomes a waste of disc space, not much but a lil, then I could fit up 42m29sec per disc at 2000CBR an 128kbit sound rates, but I'm jus puttin like 38min or so. Then I use 2 discs, an the small details like the spilled liquid on the table in the opening of EightCrazyNights(witch is th movie I used for this) becomes visible instead of being an ugly blur on the table. most commonly it's better 2 edit the files 2 your specs instead of gettin new 1s off the net, each setting is better for different movies, use the Bitrate Calc availble at VCDhelp.com might be DVDhelp.com now but use VCDhelp.com, it'll send u there, type in video length, choose XVCD or SVCD then choose between a 74min an 80 min CD, click advance, then choose ur sound quality, best to go the same as the original, use G-Spot to find that out., if it's 128, use 128, don't bother higher it's waste, don't go lower, 128 is as low as I would go. then look at ur framerate of the original, if it's 23.97, use the NTSCFilm, if it's 25, use Pal, an 29.97 is NTSC, now copy the original TMPGEnc Settings File, an call it "VideoCD 2000Bitrate, 128kbits(NTSCFilm).mcf" basicly use ur settings in the name so ur not confused later. then open it in notepad, open search, an type in "MPEG.Audio.BitRate = 224000", then change the "MPEG.Audio.BitRate = 224000" to "MPEG.Audio.BitRate = 128000". then search for "MPEG.Video.CBR_BitRate = 1150000", then change that 2 "MPEG.Video.CBR_BitRate = 2000000", the amount of didgits should be the same, so leave the last 3 zeros alone on both audio an Video. of course use the values that u need for your video. then click file, save, an Ur Done!, so just load the file up in TMPGEnc an encode your video.

Note: Video Bitrate an sound Bits Change between SVCD an VCD. I explained it for VCD, but this can be done with SVCD, tho u may need 2 just type in the sound settings an video birates u see in TMPGEnc when u load the file up, an jus follow from there. Good Luck, I hope I was of some Help.

BILLY-THE-FISH
11-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Cheers you guys!
Especially casper thanks for taking the time to write all that!
I'll try some of those tips! :beerchug:

ck-uk
11-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Casper1786@28 November 2003 - 17:15
Reasons for modifying the Files come from length of Video per disc choice, basicly it's like this, lets say u download a video, length be 1h16m14s, now during resize on most videos u loose allot of smaller detail an some stuff become blurry, u can avoid that by usin a Higher rate, I did this for a video an used 2000CBR an 128kbit sound since the originals file sound was 128, uppin the bitrate becomes a waste of disc space, not much but a lil, then I could fit up 42m29sec per disc at 2000CBR an 128kbit sound rates, but I'm jus puttin like 38min or so. Then I use 2 discs, an the small details like the spilled liquid on the table in the opening of EightCrazyNights(witch is th movie I used for this) becomes visible instead of being an ugly blur on the table. most commonly it's better 2 edit the files 2 your specs instead of gettin new 1s off the net, each setting is better for different movies, use the Bitrate Calc availble at VCDhelp.com might be DVDhelp.com now but use VCDhelp.com, it'll send u there, type in video length, choose XVCD or SVCD then choose between a 74min an 80 min CD, click advance, then choose ur sound quality, best to go the same as the original, use G-Spot to find that out., if it's 128, use 128, don't bother higher it's waste, don't go lower, 128 is as low as I would go. then look at ur framerate of the original, if it's 23.97, use the NTSCFilm, if it's 25, use Pal, an 29.97 is NTSC, now copy the original TMPGEnc Settings File, an call it "VideoCD 2000Bitrate, 128kbits(NTSCFilm).mcf" basicly use ur settings in the name so ur not confused later. then open it in notepad, open search, an type in "MPEG.Audio.BitRate = 224000", then change the "MPEG.Audio.BitRate = 224000" to "MPEG.Audio.BitRate = 128000". then search for "MPEG.Video.CBR_BitRate = 1150000", then change that 2 "MPEG.Video.CBR_BitRate = 2000000", the amount of didgits should be the same, so leave the last 3 zeros alone on both audio an Video. of course use the values that u need for your video. then click file, save, an Ur Done!, so just load the file up in TMPGEnc an encode your video.

Note: Video Bitrate an sound Bits Change between SVCD an VCD. I explained it for VCD, but this can be done with SVCD, tho u may need 2 just type in the sound settings an video birates u see in TMPGEnc when u load the file up, an jus follow from there. Good Luck, I hope I was of some Help.
Mate if your using templates & you want to modify any setting like the bitrate & such which are grey out.All you have to do is press the actual word say"bitrate" next to the windows then a liitle box will appear"unlock/lock".

Or theres also a template named unlock,which will do the same.