08-18-2020, 03:32 PM
in case you are interested: like I am :D:D:D

Wonder Woman 1984
Theater date
October 2, 2020

source https://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/movies/8594/wonder-woman-1984

Caballero
08-18-2020, 09:48 PM
Where? A "safe" country like New Zealand?

Not sure I'd want to see it badly enough to go to an actual theater over here...

nzbman
08-20-2020, 10:52 AM
have to agree on that ,just hoping to see it here or somewhere similar myself. at the very least it's a step back to normalcy.(if crazy is the new normal.)

Bitclu
09-01-2020, 05:30 AM
Old wonder woman was awesome. But just want to see the new one. Hope it is unique.

nzbman
09-15-2020, 06:18 AM
Already moved to Dec 25th . maybe this will be the next "New MUTANTS" and keep getting postponed release dates . just saying is all .

anon
09-17-2020, 01:48 AM
It's surprising they announced a theatrical release at all, with all this corona stuff going on.

Caballero
09-17-2020, 02:25 PM
It's surprising they announced a theatrical release at all, with all this corona stuff going on.

Don't you know we'll have a vaccine ready before the election? I mean, two months to vaccinate the entire population seems reasonable, doesn't it?

anon
09-17-2020, 07:48 PM
Don't you know we'll have a vaccine ready before the election?

The good old "create a problem and then be the solution" tactic, a favorite of the nazi reptiloid new world order :no:

nzbman
12-25-2020, 08:06 AM
re:Wonder Woman, well it's supposed to drop on HBO Max and in theaters today I guess time will tell; what are the odds we'll see it on this or similar sites today ? I'm already for this or" Monster Hunter"( also released in theaters today, Happy Happy Joy Joy.to ya'll.

IdolEyes787
12-25-2020, 06:07 PM
Downloading it now even though I suspect based on the previews the movie is going to be kind of shite if you are over 18 and/or male. Thankfully you're safe , Meg.

Stehle
12-25-2020, 08:04 PM
Downloading it now even though I suspect based on the previews the movie is going to be kind of shite if you are over 18 and/or male....

I'm Jealous... :dry:

(Looked for almost an hour too!) :alien:

Ulysses
12-26-2020, 12:06 AM
Looking forward to Wonder Woman also. Monster Hunter looks good, too but don't know when it will stream....... The movie to watch for me will be Promising Young Woman, opening in theatres today but won't be streaming until Jan 11.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Caballero
12-26-2020, 06:31 AM
Reviews I've seen were less than stellar. Will probably watch "Soul" with the kid before even approaching WW84...

megabyteme
12-26-2020, 08:50 AM
Having grown up during the 80's, I can't think of why anyone would pick that time to backdrop a movie in.

Find anything to fill your life's emptiness in your Christmas stalkings, Idol?

shaina
12-26-2020, 08:57 AM
Reviews I've seen were less than stellar. Will probably watch "Soul" with the kid before even approaching WW84...

Most of the reviews i have seen were all based on revenue?? Not the quality of the movie??

I haven't watched it yet Cabby, but that will be the only way for me to know;)

IdolEyes787
12-26-2020, 12:58 PM
It's a huge mess of a movie, at two and a half hours at least half an hour too long due to many, many entirely pointless to the plot scenes. The first third and large chunks thereafter for all the world reminded me of the terrible, cringiness of the Batman and Robin film. Glossy but artificial as fuck.

I think with fantastical stories, you really need to make an effort to make them feel genuine. Genuine and realistic not necessarily being the same thing. With genuine you get Guardians of the Galaxy, at least the first one. Without genuine you get Spiderman 3 or this.
Anyway, long story short, the one actual good thing in this film is Gal Gadot, who is both breathtakingly beautiful and yet emanates warmth. Kristen Wiig is just sort of there and Pedro Pascal though a good actor continues physically to disturbingly morph into a lump of clay. If pressed, I'd give the movie a five. Not the worst thing ever but no reason for me to revisit ever either.
Lastly and I'll try to be non-spoilery, this failed where somehow the original low tech Superman movie did make me believe that a man could fly and really bad idea to give Adam West a cameo in a Batman film that already lacked believability.

Also Max Lord's most important thing is clearly his son, not his health so they can't even hold to their own wish mythology bullshit.

Having grown up during the 80's, I can't think of why anyone would pick that time to backdrop a movie in.

You could do it if you simply let it exist in the film space and don't overdo the obvious easy references or try to be campy with it. Agreed though, if not intrinsic to the plot, why bother?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0eflYLkI4A

Sadly, I can name every single thing in those quick takes.

Caballero
12-26-2020, 06:21 PM
^^Sadly, I am only in the mid 90s percentagewise...

shaina
12-27-2020, 06:41 AM

Ok i finally watched it, it was ok, entertaining, yes a bit long to keep your interests, the first one of the series was better. I could re-watch the first one, again the second i am not in any rush.....

"Soul" i am going to watch Sunday with the wife, and maybe my daughter, hoping she does in case i fall asleep on this one and get kicked out of the room for snoring too loud:whistling

amc
12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
film was ok but nothing more, many holes in the story, ok for streaming but a disappointment for cinema.

Caballero
12-28-2020, 03:50 PM
I liked "Soul", but don't know if that is really a kid's movie...

shaina
12-28-2020, 04:00 PM
film was ok but nothing more, many holes in the story, ok for streaming but a disappointment for cinema.

I agree, but thinking if you did have to pay $40 or more streaming it(depending where you live), might have been a disappointment as well:idunno:

Again i can say i watched it, same as your feelings it was ok, but glad i got to see it paying a lot less:D

Hopefully the 3rd will be better......

I liked "Soul", but don't know if that is really a kid's movie...

My daughter didn't come over yet, so the wife and i haven't watched it yet, glad to know it was good Cabby.......

Did you watch WW1984 Yet??

Someone mentioned in the thread here Monster Hunter?? I didn't see that anywhere uploaded?? Looks interesting..

anon
12-28-2020, 11:20 PM

There's going to be a third? Let that sink in for a minute...

shaina
12-28-2020, 11:29 PM

There's going to be a third? Let that sink in for a minute...

Yes and believe it or not WW1984 considered top revenue movie for 2020, i have seen this reporting all over the place :idunno:

And again i hope the 3rd one is a hell of a lot better than this :)

Truthfully i wish they would drop the new Bond No Time to Die movie for home viewing, that is the one i am really waiting for:D

And surprised that one hasn't leaked?? Even a screener ??

anon
12-29-2020, 01:43 AM
Truthfully i wish they would drop the new Bond No Time to Die movie for home viewing, that is the one i am really waiting for:D

As I recall, that one was pushed back to 2021, so it may be that there are no screeners yet.

Also, screener DVDs will be discontinued in favor of streaming, but that won't kick in until after next year's Oscars.

shaina
12-29-2020, 02:18 AM

As I recall, that one was pushed back to 2021, so it may be that there are no screeners yet.

Also, screener DVDs will be discontinued in favor of streaming, but that won't kick in until after next year's Oscars.

:cry:

But the movie is finished no?? I would assume people have access to the movie screener that is on the board??

Regardless usually the only time i go see a movie at a theater has a Bond character in it, and i made an exception for Deadpool :D

anon
12-29-2020, 08:30 PM
But the movie is finished no?? I would assume people have access to the movie screener that is on the board??

Hell if I know. But it will be out eventually, so hang in there ;)

Regardless usually the only time i go see a movie at a theater has a Bond character in it, and i made an exception for Deadpool :D

Last one I watched on a cinema was Interstellar on late '14. Totally worth it, by the way.

shaina
12-29-2020, 11:08 PM
Hell if I know. But it will be out eventually, so hang in there ;)

Last one I watched on a cinema was Interstellar on late '14. Totally worth it, by the way.

Looks like a perfect action movie to see in a theatre and be napping in the first 10 minutes :sleeping:

Truth i don't remember ever seeing this, so either it just slipped through me downloading it, or it looked so good i downloaded it put it on the list to watch and..........

anon
12-31-2020, 04:14 AM
Looks like a perfect action movie to see in a theatre and be napping in the first 10 minutes :sleeping:

Truth i don't remember ever seeing this, so either it just slipped through me downloading it, or it looked so good i downloaded it put it on the list to watch and..........

Cross-posting a comment I made on another forum.

Interstellar was awesome. I watched it with a friend of mine on December '14, I remember we had to idle on a park until 2:30 AM or so, because all previous showings were already full... and we came out of the movie theater at half past five almost wanting more. It kept you engaged at all times, there wasn't any filler, and it had a grand ending that not only coherently tied all loose ends (it made me think "wow, that's amazing... now everything makes sense... they really thought it through") but also leaves an open door for a sequel.

Later on I would learn that Voices of a Distant Star (another favorite of mine) was one of many sources of inspiration for the script :turned:

I highly recommend both movies mentioned. Great soundtracks too. The novelization for Voices of a Distant Star came out on mid-2019, but to this day I haven't found a download anywhere :dabs:

shaina
12-31-2020, 10:42 AM
Cross-posting a comment I made on another forum.

Interstellar was awesome. I watched it with a friend of mine on December '14, I remember we had to idle on a park until 2:30 AM or so, because all previous showings were already full... and we came out of the movie theater at half past five almost wanting more. It kept you engaged at all times, there wasn't any filler, and it had a grand ending that not only coherently tied all loose ends (it made me think "wow, that's amazing... now everything makes sense... they really thought it through") but also leaves an open door for a sequel.

Later on I would learn that Voices of a Distant Star (another favorite of mine) was one of many sources of inspiration for the script :turned:

I highly recommend both movies mentioned. Great soundtracks too. The novelization for Voices of a Distant Star came out on mid-2019, but to this day I haven't found a download anywhere :dabs:

Ok ok ok, i will put the movie on the list :D

???????

Voices of a Distant Star 2002 1080p BluRay x264-GHOULS-xpost

[Koten Gars] Voices Of A Distant Star [UK BD][Hi10][1080p][FLAC+AC3] [07168BE9]

Hoshi No Koe (The Voices Of A Distant Star) - Director's Version (Eng Sub)

And tons more listed???

Not sure on your comment of haven't found??

If i am off?? Be more specific if you really mean it, and you know where to discuss ;)

Challenge accepted , And as always my pleasure to help if i can:)

IdolEyes787
12-31-2020, 12:53 PM
Novelization.

Caballero
01-01-2021, 08:47 PM
Watched WW84 last night while waiting for the new year... Not impressed, not even from a nostalgia point of view.

anon
01-01-2021, 11:10 PM
Voices of a Distant Star 2002 1080p BluRay x264-GHOULS-xpost

[Koten Gars] Voices Of A Distant Star [UK BD][Hi10][1080p][FLAC+AC3] [07168BE9]

Hoshi No Koe (The Voices Of A Distant Star) - Director's Version (Eng Sub)

And tons more listed???

Not sure on your comment of haven't found??

As Idol said it's the novelization I want, I already have the movie. By the way, the source material is 480p, so even the official Blu-Rays are upscales. "hoshi_no_koe_-_voices_of_a_distant_star[h264.ac3][niizk].mkv" is the best version available. "Hoshi No Koe (The Voices Of A Distant Star) - Director's Version (Eng Sub).avi" has different, hardcoded subtitles and was the first one I watched. Also, the English dub absolutely sucked, so if you ever watch this, don't bother with it.

The full title of the book is "Voices of a Distant Star: Words Of Love/Across The Stars" and it was licensed by Vertical. Maybe you'll have more luck finding it than I did :)

shaina
01-02-2021, 08:38 AM
As Idol said it's the novelization I want, I already have the movie. By the way, the source material is 480p, so even the official Blu-Rays are upscales. "hoshi_no_koe_-_voices_of_a_distant_star[h264.ac3][niizk].mkv" is the best version available. "Hoshi No Koe (The Voices Of A Distant Star) - Director's Version (Eng Sub).avi" has different, hardcoded subtitles and was the first one I watched. Also, the English dub absolutely sucked, so if you ever watch this, don't bother with it.

The full title of the book is "Voices of a Distant Star: Words Of Love/Across The Stars" and it was licensed by Vertical. Maybe you'll have more luck finding it than I did :)

Voices of a Distant Star (2018) (Digital) (danke-Empire) listed under comic books??

Voices of a Distant Star: Words of Love/ Across the Stars Paperback – July 30, 2019

https://www.amazon.com/Voices-Distant-Star-Words-Love/dp/1947194666

Now if that is it and that is the actual price to purchase?? Anyways i will keep looking for you buddy:)

anon
01-03-2021, 02:46 AM
Voices of a Distant Star (2018) (Digital) (danke-Empire) listed under comic books??

That's a higher quality reprint of the manga, I already have it too.

Voices of a Distant Star: Words of Love/ Across the Stars Paperback – July 30, 2019

https://www.amazon.com/Voices-Distant-Star-Words-Love/dp/1947194666

That's the one! Of course, Amazon doesn't have any download links :D Also, this review gave me my laugh of the day...

[1.0 out of 5 stars] Can't wait to read but dirty when arrived
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 24, 2020
Verified Purchase
Have been waiting for this book to arrive for a while. My other half is looking forward to reading it as it's one of his fave films but really disappointed when it arrived to find it covered in what looks like curry sauce?!? And some of the pages are also stained. Wipeable but still shouldn't of arrived in that state!

mrrobotic
01-18-2021, 11:30 PM
I don't understand how they could expect anyone to pay 24 bucks a pop on a movie at home. This was the biggest pricing disaster ever. I mean Covid or no Covid. NOBOY is paying 24 bucks. Unless you are a parent or something. Then I probably would. Guess I answered my own question lol

RNO
10-04-2021, 07:43 PM
I don't understand how they could expect anyone to pay 24 bucks a pop on a movie at home. This was the biggest pricing disaster ever. I mean Covid or no Covid. NOBOY is paying 24 bucks. Unless you are a parent or something. Then I probably would. Guess I answered my own question lol

And if you add that it is a really bad movie ...