PDA

View Full Version : The Best Overnet Client?

waterStrider
11-28-2003, 02:44 AM
is it edonkey, emule, xmule, shareaza or something else?

i'm a new use, so any advise is appreciated.

cheers

junkyardking
11-28-2003, 02:54 AM
As far as i know shareaza and emule dont support overnet.

Edonkey2000 i dont know?

The only client i know is the overnet client itself http://www.overnet.com/download.html

Not a real fan of it thou.

waterStrider
11-28-2003, 03:04 AM
so what are emule, sheraaza?

thisiswhoweare
11-28-2003, 03:09 AM
emule downloads from the ed2k network (used by edonkey), shareaza downloads from the ed2k network, bittorent network, and gnutella network (and some more i think, never used it). Overnet network is only accessable through overnet itself or through MLDonkey. MLDonkey is like shareaza where it can access the emule and overnet network but its a bain to ed2k network.

waterStrider
11-28-2003, 07:45 PM
emule downloads from the ed2k network (used by edonkey), shareaza downloads from the ed2k network, bittorent network, and gnutella network (and some more i think, never used it). Overnet network is only accessable through overnet itself or through MLDonkey. MLDonkey is like shareaza where it can access the emule and overnet network but its a bain to ed2k network.

thanks.

but is shareaza good. i'm using edonkey2000 so do u recommend to replace it with shaeraza

thisiswhoweare
11-28-2003, 08:01 PM
I dont think edonkey files are compatible with shareaza. So finish the edonkey files off, then switch to shareaza. But be aware, shareaza uses a different format to edonkey, emule, and i think overnet. So if you want to finish downloads you need to do so with Shareaza. Official emule can convert edonkey files to compatible emule files.

CPU1
11-29-2003, 02:40 AM
actually if ur using an older edonkey version that doesnt include the horde system, you can transfer the dl and finish it with shareaza but i dont know it doesnt work the other way

thisiswhoweare
11-29-2003, 11:33 AM
IMO horde sucks.

Supernatural
11-29-2003, 04:00 PM
Shareaza can import partial eMule downloads.