PDA

View Full Version : Something Very Strange

Lazlow
11-28-2003, 04:56 PM
I used to have Norton Corporate edition, until I downloaded Norton Antivirus 2004. As soon as I got it, I uninstalled the previous antivirus, only to find out that my PC kept crashing when I installed Norton. So I got AVG antivirus, only to find out about PC Cillin which I downloaded. Upon downloading this, my PC became very slow (Pentium 4 2.4GHz).

A few days ago, I got:

http://www.99miles.nildram.co.uk/Slealan/vertigoz/weird.jpg

I thought it was a virus so I scanned with McAffe online scan, NOD32, and some other online virus scan but nothing. Only now have I realised that there was a possible colision between Norton Antivirus and PC Cillin which was causing this as that strange picture is actually to do with PC Cillin. So I uninstalled Norton and PC Cillin is the only Antivirus software on my PC, but I still get that screen (which I believe is the automatic update). This means that the program has most likely got conflicts. I have uninstalled then reinstalled but nothing different happened. Any ideas?

nanotek
11-28-2003, 06:15 PM
tried regclean ? could still be some registry entrys there that cause the conflicts

Mavol
11-28-2003, 06:27 PM
u installed something fake and thats messed up your system, id say format

ck-uk
11-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by nanotek@28 November 2003 - 17:15
tried regclean ? could still be some registry entrys there that cause the conflicts
Yeah mate unistall it all & make sure you clean up the left over folders and registry entries.Also check windows temp directory too.

And dont use the firewall in pc-cillin either. :D

Lazlow
11-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk+28 November 2003 - 18:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ck-uk @ 28 November 2003 - 18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nanotek@28 November 2003 - 17:15
Yeah mate unistall it all & make sure you clean up the left over folders and registry entries.Also check windows temp directory too.

And dont use the firewall in pc-cillin either. :D [/b][/quote]
Where can I get regcleaner?

ck-uk
11-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Tri something like jv16 power tools & maybe a reg scan too for all the deep shit.Jv16 may include one now ..i dont know i havent updated it for a while.

As for a source tri kazaa or a warez site like "ttdown".

Dont forget to check for left over folders etc too mate.